GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 696 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,560
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,535
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,456
Posts1,061,282
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 9/11 Film #154150
04/12/06 01:33 AM
04/12/06 01:33 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
This is stupid...its a movie. Get over it...everyone in some way had their lives affected that day, even me all the way up in Canada. Though i will not get into it. But you know i'll go see this movie..no problem. And i bet that if i was to as my godfather who works and lives in new york, and his brother (my cousin) who also works and lives in New York to watch this movie with me...they probably would. It was a sad day. I agree. We want the dead to be honoured. If Schindler's List honoured people..why can't United 93 or the Oliver Stone pic do the same?

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: 9/11 Film #154151
04/12/06 03:51 AM
04/12/06 03:51 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
to suggest that the fact that some people might be offended by such a film's content is a valid reason to not make the film in the first place is ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Not as ridiculous as you may think. Do you happen to know what the content of the film really is?
Of course not. That's why I suggest that we wait until the film comes out before criticizing it.

As I said....

Quote:
As far as the film itself goes, why don't we wait and see exactly how everything and everyone is depicted before we pass judgement on it.
Quote:
There's no reason, at least by these widows, to wait and see how everything and everyone is depicted, they already know how it is going to be done, and according to them it is not being done in a truthful or tasteful manner.
Key words: "According to them it is not being done in a truthful or tasteful manner."

"Tasteful" is a matter of opinion, so I won't even go there.

"Truthful" remains to be seen, and if the films proves to be un-truthful then Stone will be subject to the same criticsm from the same detractors who felt that the fact that JFK wasn't completely truthful detracted from the film because filmmakers have an obligation to be truthful about their subject matter.

Personally, I don't.

I believe that filmmaking is an art form and, as such, can be a bit freer with the facts than a history book, for example.

Quote:
No one, not Oliver Stone, not you or I, no one, is under any obligation to adhere to the wishes of the survivors of any of the victims of 9-11.
Quote:
You way off course with this statement Plaw, because when a movie director and his consultants are telling the story about two men who died that day, who left behind small children and wives, and one of them, Officer Pezzulo, died saving someone who is now a consultant on this movie, and the other one, Officer Christopher Amoroso ( see picture below ) died because after going in and out of the building 6 or 7 times and saving hundreds of people, returned for maybe the 8th time hoping to rescue more, and never made it out on the 8th try, you bet your ass that these two survivors, who were saved by these men, have a life debt obligation to adhere to the wishes of the widows of the two men who gave there own lives so that these guys could go home and hug their children again! It's the least that they can do to honor the memory of those two men who gave their own lives and afforded them the opportunity to go on with theirs!

Taking the feelings of these widows would be the respectful thing to do!
Well, if that's the case then the problem is with these two guys who are the "consultants", not with Stone.

Yeah, if it happened the way you're describing it, I personally would be grateful to these guys for saving my life and I would do everything I could to honor their memories, and yes, it would be the respectful thing to do.

But what I don't understand is this:

Is Stone being misled by these guys? Did Stone have a pre-conceived notion of how he wanted to tell this story? And if he did, why hire these two guys as consultants in the first place?

What is their role as consultants? To describe the events, or simply paint a picture about what it was like to be there?

Do we know for sure what role Ameroso and Pezzzulo played that day, and exactly how that role is being depicted which is contrary to the facts?

A lot of unanswered questions here.

Quote:
When you take a job as a Public Official, such as a Port Authority Officer or a Fireman, you forfeit your families rights to you if you die in the line of duty. In other words if you die in the line of duty, the public has the right use your name in the making of something that occured in real life, something like 9/11.

So unfortunately they cannot sue Stone for using their husbands name in the movie. And obviously Stone and those consultants are aware of this and that is why they've decided to tell these two ladies SCREW YOU and do things the way that they want to.

THAT'S the outrage here. Not the making of the movie itself, but what the contents will now be so far.
Wait a minute....

I'm no lawyer, but I don’t think you are correctly stating the facts here with respect to the legalities.

Yes, because “public officials” are involved here, their real names may be used in a film because as public officials they are considered to be in the “public eye” – and just like actors and actresses, sports stars, politicians, and other celebrities, the use of their real names by others “comes with the territory” so to speak.

HOWEVER…..

The fact that they are public officials does not exempt Oliver Stone from abiding by the libel laws.

Just because they were public officials, that does not give someone the right to write or say libelous things about them and be exempt from a lawsuit.

The problem, though, is that the protection of our libel laws does not extend to people who are deceased, the reasoning being that you cannot defame the reputation of a person who is already dead (as illogical as that may be).
Our laws have precluded family and friends from filing a lawsuit in cases like this because defamation is viewed as a personal injury to a reputation, and the law has pretended that a “reputation” dies with the individual. Obviously, it does not, and the reputation of a dead husband or father should be considered important to their spouses and children.
BUT…..

There are various legal avenues open to the survivors here.

For example….they can sue Mr. Stone for intentional infliction of emotional distress, like if it can be proved that Stone knowingly depicted events falsely

Also, family members could bring an action against Mr. Stone for economic damages arising from an injurious falsehood.

Suppose, for example, that people see the movie and come away with the false impression that these guys acted in a cowardly manner on 9/11, which causes them to withhold contributions that they were planning to make to some type of “Widows and Children of 9/11 relief Fund”.

There are also criminal liability laws which may be applicable here, but I’m not sure how they work vis a vis lawsuits involving monetary damages.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: 9/11 Film #154152
04/12/06 04:24 AM
04/12/06 04:24 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
I suggest that we wait until the film comes out before criticizing it.
Well, I actually agree with you here -- thank you!

And now I don't have to read the rest of your post. *whew!*

But yeah... just tonight I saw the trailor, and said to my buddy, "That's not about 9/11, is it??" Couldn't believe it, so soon. BUT - I haven't actually SEEN the movie, so who am I to judge its merit or message? Who is anyone to prejudge its merit or message??

But, it seemed a little too soon to me. Regardless of the message. And, of course, the fact that NO ONE living actually KNOWS EXACTLY what happened on that flight, it's subject to extreme over dramatization....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: 9/11 Film #154153
04/12/06 04:49 AM
04/12/06 04:49 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]I suggest that we wait until the film comes out before criticizing it.
Well, I actually agree with you here -- thank you![/b][/quote]Jeeze.....

That must've killed you, huh? :p

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: 9/11 Film #154154
04/12/06 04:52 AM
04/12/06 04:52 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
You have NO idea!!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: 9/11 Film #154155
04/12/06 06:42 AM
04/12/06 06:42 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Do we know for sure what role Ameroso played that day, and exactly how that role is being depicted which is contrary to the facts?
As a matter of fact the answer is yes to the first part of your question, and from what's been presented and so far not changed in the script, then yes to the second part of your question. Hopefully the script will change to reflect the truth and the wishes of these widows.

Look, it is quite obvious that many people here have honestly missed the point of this whole article and my comment on what is taking place.

No one, including these widows is denying that a movie should be made and no one, more than these widows want their husbands to be honored and the world to know what true heros that they were.

But these widows want the truth to be told, and they want their husbands stories to be told the way things really happened, and only wanted a say on how they are going to be portrayed. They weren't ever looking to stop this movie, they just asked the consultants on this movie along with Mr. Stone to allow them, the wives, to give their input on how their husbands would be portrayed in the movie, that's all. And these consultants along with Mr. Stone flat out denied them. THAT"s the travesty here and that is why I personally will not go to the movies to see this film. Out of respect for those two widows and their children who have been stepped over by Stone and his consultants. Unless of course Mr. Stone changes his tune and respects the wishes of those two widows.

As for the legal issue here Plaw, well yes, you are partially right about suing for pain and suffering and stuff like that. But they cannot sue Stone for his using their names itself because being that these two men were public servants who died in the line of duty, these wives are not entitled to any money based on the fact that Stone and these consultants have used their names. Nor are they seeking any money for his use of their names. They just ask that the truth be told.

These two consultants have screamed all over the local papers here and the local news that they are in NO WAY doing this to make money, that it is about honor. Yet when they have been challeneged to donate any monies that they make from this movie to a charity of their choice, they do not reply to that challenge.

One of these guys befriended these widows, and here and there picked their brains about their husbands, all the while acting as if he was sincerely curious in learning about their personal lives, in caring about what was going on in their lives, when in reality he had quietly already made a deal with Stone to consult on a movie and was obviously trying to find out info for the making of this movie.

You see, there is a lot of personal deceit going on here that the press has not reported.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: 9/11 Film #154156
04/12/06 06:46 AM
04/12/06 06:46 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]I suggest that we wait until the film comes out before criticizing it.
Well, I actually agree with you here -- thank you!

And now I don't have to read the rest of your post. *whew!*

But yeah... just tonight I saw the trailor, and said to my buddy, "That's not about 9/11, is it??" Couldn't believe it, so soon. BUT - I haven't actually SEEN the movie, so who am I to judge its merit or message? Who is anyone to prejudge its merit or message??

But, it seemed a little too soon to me. Regardless of the message. And, of course, the fact that NO ONE living actually KNOWS EXACTLY what happened on that flight, it's subject to extreme over dramatization.... [/b][/quote]Again, you are talking about the Flight 93 film here, one where the filmakers embraced the families to consult for them and the film where the families are not against the makers of the films.

My comments and arguement is on behalf of the two widows who are fighting over Oliver Stone's movie " THE WORLD TRADE CENTER" and has absolutely nothing to do with the flight 93 movie.

And just for the record, the PORT AUTHORITY itself is NOT endorsing OLIVER STONE'S film, "THE WORLD TRADE CENTER" which is about the port authority officers and the film that I am talking against here.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: 9/11 Film #154157
04/12/06 10:29 AM
04/12/06 10:29 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Why cant Oliver Stone and these people honor the wishes made by these woman like the other movie maker did with the flight 93 movie? These woman are not wrong. What's so bad about asking Stone to show respect to these ladies and there kids? How can a man who was saved by one of these brave men who wound up dying go against the family of the man who saved his life? It makes me sick.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: 9/11 Film #154158
04/12/06 01:38 PM
04/12/06 01:38 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, but I would like to say that I am looking a lot more forward to Oliver Stone's movie than this one.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: 9/11 Film #154159
04/13/06 01:57 AM
04/13/06 01:57 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Why cant Oliver Stone and these people honor the wishes made by these woman like the other movie maker did with the flight 93 movie? These woman are not wrong. What's so bad about asking Stone to show respect to these ladies and there kids? How can a man who was saved by one of these brave men who wound up dying go against the family of the man who saved his life? It makes me sick.
DS
The answer is easy Smitty, Some people have no heart. Some people let the almighty $$$$ cloud their judgement. This is just sad.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: 9/11 Film #154160
04/13/06 02:39 PM
04/13/06 02:39 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Passions run high on a subject like this. As they should, perhaps...

The thread has fetched up a few burning questions in me. I will refrain from saying how I would answer them; but if somebody could take some time and shed some light as to their own opinions, I'd appreciate it.

What if somebody wrote a book on this subject? Would you be against that, too?

Is Oliver Stone's upcoming film a work of art? If not, then what is it?

Should Art ever be censored?

Should Art ever be restricted because of the society in which it exists?

Should money ever be made from anything?

Who is to judge when a film on a certain subject is acceptable?

Is Time a consistent enough measurement of how wounds have healed?

Before answering, consider the following quote:
"Moralists have no place in an art gallery."

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: 9/11 Film #154161
04/13/06 06:03 PM
04/13/06 06:03 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
The answer is easy Smitty, Some people have no heart. Some people let the almighty $$$$ cloud their judgement. This is just sad.
America isn't the most capitalist country for nothing...

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: 9/11 Film #154162
04/13/06 09:37 PM
04/13/06 09:37 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by Mignon:
[b] The answer is easy Smitty, Some people have no heart. Some people let the almighty $$$$ cloud their judgement. This is just sad.
America isn't the most capitalist country for nothing... [/b][/quote]You say this like its a bad thing...

I'm not going to see this because I could care less. Secondly, anyone that listens to that hypocrite Oliver Stone should try reading a book (though I love JFK).

Re: 9/11 Film #154163
04/14/06 08:52 AM
04/14/06 08:52 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
You say this like its a bad thing..
No, not necessarily. But you, me and most other people on this world live in a capitalist country. And that means we can benefit from all the good things in the system, but we also have to accept the downsides. Like this film...
So what I meant was that if you live in a very capitalist society (USA), that you also have to accept the not so nice things about it.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: 9/11 Film #154164
04/14/06 08:54 AM
04/14/06 08:54 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Is the problem with Stone wanting money, or the willingness of the masses to give him it?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: 9/11 Film #154165
04/14/06 09:24 AM
04/14/06 09:24 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Both.

Is there actually a problem at all?

Re: 9/11 Film #154166
04/14/06 09:57 AM
04/14/06 09:57 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Putting aside the fact that this movie may be made too soon for some, understandably, it sounds as though the fact that Stone is directing, being a known liberal, is what is really bothering many of you. Am I right? If anyone else was involved in this project, would you feel differently?

There was a thread earlier about a movie titled, I think, Flight 11 that was shown on A&E and seemed to get a lot of praise from those who have seen it. I guess, although I understand it may be too soon, I don't understand trashing a movie before it's seen.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: 9/11 Film #154167
04/14/06 12:08 PM
04/14/06 12:08 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I think TIS is right on point. A&E showed two movies on 9/11 - one about the last hour of Flight 11 and another about Flight 93 earlier this year. I watched both, even though the content was difficult and extremely emotional. I don't remember any uproar on these boards or in the media about those movies. To trash the Stone movie before it has even come out is silly. I don't think he's a particularly great director. The only films of his that I enjoyed were JFK and Nixon. I think some of his other stuff just plain sucked.

I think I personally will not like Stone's 9/11 film because I think Nicholas Cage is one of the worst actors on the planet. But I won't know for sure until I see it. For those who are opposed to this film, they have the choice of not going to see it. But if there are those who are protesting this film solely on the basis that a liberal like Stone made it, I don't understand that rationale. Would that mean the same people would find the movie acceptable if, instead of Stone, a neo-Con was the director? What if, God forbid, Hannity or Limbaugh started making films - would it be ok if they made a 9/11 film?

I remember the controversy two years ago of whether Passion of the Christ was anti-Semetic. One of my co-workers, a Jewish male, was arguing that the film cast the Jews in a bad light. Then in the next breath, he had the audacity to say that he had not even seen the movie. To me, he had no credibility towards his argument since he hadn't even bothered to watch the film.

Anything surrounding 9/11 is bound to cause some controversy and stir up some deep emotions. That is completely understandable. But we should also be able to go back and learn from our mistakes so we can avoid repeating the same mistakes. And if any of the films made or being made in the future can help us, then I think some good can come. I hope that the Stone film is not an negative exploitation of 9/11. If it is, Stone deserves to be criticized. But let us not forget, we have already seen many of our own political leaders exploit 9/11 in far worse ways during the 2002 & 2004 elections.

Re: 9/11 Film #154168
04/14/06 05:59 PM
04/14/06 05:59 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
it sounds as though the fact that Stone is directing, being a known liberal, is what is really bothering many of you. Am I right?
I don't believe that political party or view has anything to do with this. As said in several of my posts in this thread : No one, including these widows is denying that a movie should be made and no one, more than these widows want their husbands to be honored and the world to know what true heros that they were.

But these widows want the truth to be told, and they want their husbands stories to be told the way things really happened, and only wanted a say on how they are going to be portrayed. They weren't ever looking to stop this movie, they just asked the consultants on this movie along with Mr. Stone to allow them, the wives, to give their input on how their husbands would be portrayed in the movie, that's all. And these consultants along with Mr. Stone flat out denied them.

Quote:
If anyone else was involved in this project, would you feel differently?
Again, for the reasons given by these two widows, I don't think it matters to them who does this movie. The truth is all they really want told.

Quote:
A&E showed two movies on 9/11 - one about the last hour of Flight 11 and another about Flight 93 earlier this year. I watched both, even though the content was difficult and extremely emotional. I don't remember any uproar on these boards or in the media about those movies.
That's because these two movies were done truthfully and with respect to the families involved as to make sure that the true story was told.

Quote:
To trash the Stone movie before it has even come out is silly.
To you maybe, and maybe to me also. At first these two woman weren't even allowed to see the script. Now finally these two widows somehow were able to see some of the content about their husbands written in the original script and they obviously are objecting to the way that Stone & co. are going to portray their husbands. And again, Stone KNOWING that these two widows asked for the truth about their husbands to be told, decided to basically say to them " too bad " and is going to disreagerd their input and decided to portray them his way. With this being the case I don't think that these two widows are being "silly." here.

Quote:
But if there are those who are protesting this film solely on the basis that a liberal like Stone made it, I don't understand that rationale.
I agree with that in general. But that is not the case here as to why these two widows are protesting his film.

Quote:
Would that mean the same people would find the movie acceptable if, instead of Stone, a neo-Con was the director? What if, God forbid, Hannity or Limbaugh started making films - would it be ok if they made a 9/11 film?
I f a neo-con, Hannity or Limbaugh were the one(s) making this film and REFUSED to allow these two widows to give their husband's stories to them, then NO, it would not be ok for them to make this film either.

All it comes down to here is that the two widows who lost their husbands, do not feel, according to what was written in the script, that Stone is telling the true story about their husbands. And quite frankly, I don't understand for the life of me why many of you here, not all, but many, still cannot comprehend the fact that these two widows are not PRE-Judging Stone's film without knowing the content. They KNOW the content and the KNOW that what is going to be shown is NOT factual as far as the portrayal of their own husbands.

Jimeno disputed Pezzulo's account, saying she told him she did not like the movie but would not go public if the account was truthful.

Obviously Mrs. Pezzulo and Mrs. Amoroso do not feel, by what they've been shown and may have been told, that the portrayal of their husbands, in STONE'S movie, is not a truthful account.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: 9/11 Film #154169
04/15/06 12:33 PM
04/15/06 12:33 PM
California

California
I admit I only knew a short synopis of what this film was about, so I thought I'd try to get more info.

The way I understand it, Jimeno & McLoughlin were with the husbands of these widows on 911. Jimeno befriended the widows trying to get tidbits, without telling them that they were getting paid as consultants to this film. I certainly can understand why they feel betrayed, and can understand why the don't want to see this movie, or have their children see the last hours of the fathers' lives.

I too would defend their right to protest the film and have not participation in it at all. They are greiving and deserve respect for their feelings. Can't say if I were them I wouldn't react the same way, I just don't know.

What I don't understand is this: Jimeno & McLoughlin were there that day, and I assume would know to a large degree, what transpired right? I understand that more than likely Stone will use some "artistic license", as many do. And I understand they are using the real names of these men against the families wishes (personally, I don't see why they couldn't uses different names). Are Jimeno & McLoughlin lying in their story?

I will have to see the film first to actually judge it, but if Stone (and everyone involved) portrays any of these people as anything less than heroes, I'll be very surprised and disappointed. I simply have to see it first.

Btw, here's another article,(sorry had to copy/paste, as I couldn't get the link to paste ) very similar to what DC posted. According to this and a couple others I have read, there isn't going to be much (if any) of the personal lives of these men, but moreso what happened in a 24 hour period.

"2 widows of 9/11 cops say WTC movie is 'complete exploitation'

BY ADAM LISBERG
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Two 9/11 widows are furious their husbands' deaths at the World Trade Center are going to be dramatized on the big screen by Oliver Stone - and there's nothing they can do to stop it.
The wives of Port Authority Police Officers Dominick Pezzulo and Chris Amoroso say it's too soon to have their pain and loss offered up in movie theaters when director Stone's new movie "World Trade Center" opens in August.

"It's a complete exploitation. It's too soon. It's too much," Jeanette Pezzulo of the Bronx said. "The poster's in movie theaters, and my family's being bombarded by this."

They're also furious with ex-PA cops Sgt. John McLoughlin and Officer Will Jimeno, who were each paid more than $200,000 for their stories.

"If Will Jimeno wants to make this movie for himself and his family, fine," Pezzulo said. "Then leave me and my family alone."

The four cops, together with Officer Antonio Rodrigues, were caught in the south tower collapse, killing Amoroso and Rodrigues.

Pezzulo survived and was trying to save McLoughlin and Jimeno when the second collapse fatally injured him. In his final words he told Jimeno, "Don't forget I died trying to save you guys."

Paramount Pictures says it won't depict either officer's family, but defends the movie as an honest portrayal of the cops' courage. Neither McLoughlin's nor Rodrigues' widow could be reached for comment.

Jimeno said he knows the movie could raise painful memories for his fallen comrades' families, but said it shows events as they happened.

"Unfortunately, we are not going to see eye to eye on this," Jimeno said. "I did this to honor my teammates."

Chris Amoroso was immortalized by Daily News photographer Todd Maisel, who captured the moment when the brave cop - already burned over his eye - shepherded a woman to safety before heading back into the inferno.

His daughter, now 6, recently saw the picture for the first time.

"She said, 'Wow, he really is a hero,'" widow Jamie Amoroso said."

Originally published on April 10, 2006

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: 9/11 Film #154170
04/15/06 01:30 PM
04/15/06 01:30 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Putting aside the fact that this movie may be made too soon for some, understandably, it sounds as though the fact that Stone is directing, being a known liberal, is what is really bothering many of you. Am I right? If anyone else was involved in this project, would you feel differently?
No, more like the fact that Stone's movies often portray events in a truthful manner, yet are factually incorrect (Under Fire, for example). He's a hypocrite, and I don't care for him as a person or as a filmmaker.

Re: 9/11 Film #154171
04/28/06 05:24 PM
04/28/06 05:24 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Though Ebert gives out four stars like candy, these two paragraphs in his review sparked some interest in me seeing the film.

But the film doesn't depict the terrorists as villains. It has no need to. Like everyone else in the movie they are people of ordinary appearance, going about their business. "United 93" is incomparably more powerful because it depicts all of its characters as people trapped in an exorable progress toward tragedy. The movie contains no politics. No theory. No personal chit-chat. No patriotic speeches. We never see the big picture.
There has been much discussion of the movie's trailer, and no wonder. It pieces together moments from "United 93" to make it seem more conventional, more like a thriller. Dialogue that seems absolutely realistic in context sounds, in the trailer, like sound bites and punch lines. To watch the trailer is to sense the movie that Greengrass did not make. To watch "United 93" is to be confronted with the grim chaotic reality of that autumn day in 2001. The movie is deeply disturbing, and some people may have to leave the theater. But it would have been much more disturbing if Greengrass had made it in a conventional way. He does not exploit, he draws no conclusions, he points no fingers, he avoids "human interest" and "personal dramas" and just simply watches. The movie's point of view reminds me of the angels in "Wings of Desire." They see what people do and they are saddened, but they cannot intervene.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: 9/11 Film #154172
04/28/06 05:31 PM
04/28/06 05:31 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Yeah but didn't Ebert give bad reviews for Dead Man and The Graduate?

Who cares what he thinks?

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: 9/11 Film #154173
04/28/06 05:35 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
Yeah but didn't Ebert give bad reviews for Dead Man and The Graduate?

Who cares what he thinks?
Uh, yeah, I've blasted him many times on both boards, but every now and then he does write good reviews. I'm still worried United 93 might be overly melodramatic but still, those two paragraphs are interesting.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: 9/11 Film #154174
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Personally, I never understood 'The Graduate'.

Pleasant enough to watch, and wonderful performances by Bancroft & Hoffman. Of course, Simon & Garfunkel's music is terrific.

But the movie as a whole...what's the big deal.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: 9/11 Film #154175
04/28/06 07:07 PM
04/28/06 07:07 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Troy Anderson, the webmaster of AndersonVision.com, has seen the movie, and he'll review it soon enough.

He gave it 3 stars out of 5.

Re: 9/11 Film #154176
04/28/06 08:59 PM
04/28/06 08:59 PM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
Just saw it, fucking amazing. 5/5 Stars. I'll post a more detailed review later.

Highly highly recommended.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: 9/11 Film #154177
04/28/06 09:01 PM
04/28/06 09:01 PM
California

California
I hope to see it this weekend. I have to put myself in the mood for it though. For those interested, Larry King has some family members of that flight and actors from the movie. It's just starting if you're interested.

TIS

All the family on the show really liked the film. That's good.

Re: 9/11 Film #154178
04/28/06 09:09 PM
04/28/06 09:09 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I probably won't be able to see it this weekend, but I want to check it out.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: 9/11 Film #154179
04/28/06 10:47 PM
04/28/06 10:47 PM
New York City
Don Zaluchi Offline
Made Member
Don Zaluchi  Offline
Made Member
New York City
I just came back from United 93, and I think it's a great movie. All of the characters are genuinely human. Even the hijackers aren't made into stereotypes. The passangers on the plane weren't portrayed as heroes exactly in a cliched way, but as people who found themselves in a very difficult situation and did something about it. I loved the fact that it doesn't stereotype anybody. There is a particular scene where passangers call relatives and friends and tell them they love them. Had it been an inexperienced director, the scene would've come off as cheesy or corny, but Paul Greengrass makes it genuine. I truly recommend this movie. However, if you simply cannot stand slow movies perhaps this one isn't for you. The first hour, though vital to the story, moves at a very slow pace. Although the last hour more than makes up for it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull