GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lou_Para, 1 invisible), 469 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,454
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,942
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
carlo's son #18490
10/15/04 06:43 AM
10/15/04 06:43 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline OP
Underboss
svsg  Offline OP
Underboss
Existential Well
Does carlo's son appear in Godfather part2 or part3? When connie comes to michael asking for money in part 2, he refers to her children... what happened to the son who was baptized at the end of part1?

Re: carlo's son #18491
10/15/04 09:41 AM
10/15/04 09:41 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Both of Carlo & Connie's sons are seen in GFII, when Connie brings them into the house for her mother's wake. They appear to be around 12 and 9 years old, give or take a year.

Nothing really 'happened' to Michael, the younger son who we see being baptized in The Godfather...he's just a little boy and not really referred to in GFII other than when both Mama & Michael chastizes Connie for not seeing either of her children prior to asking her brother for favors.

I really don't know if her adult sons are seen in GFIII...though from all I've heard of that neverending opening party they are probably somewhere in the mix of guests roaming around. Unfortunately, their bastard cousin Vincent is given most of the spotlight there and throughout the movie.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: carlo's son #18492
10/15/04 02:17 PM
10/15/04 02:17 PM
New York
Meggie Offline
Underboss
Meggie  Offline
Underboss
New York
Hey, Apple, I was wondering why Michael the priest was calling Michael.."Michael Francis Rizzi" throughout the whole baptism sequence. But now I see he was speaking to Michael after all, but the baby was named after Michael (since Michael's middle name is Francis).

LA BELLA MAFIA
Re: carlo's son #18493
10/17/04 11:03 PM
10/17/04 11:03 PM
No. Calif.
T
The REAL Victor Rizzi Offline
Wiseguy
The REAL Victor Rizzi  Offline
T
Wiseguy
No. Calif.
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Both of Carlo & Connie's sons are seen in GFII, when Connie brings them into the house for her mother's wake. They appear to be around 12 and 9 years old, give or take a year.

Nothing really 'happened' to Michael, the younger son who we see being baptized in The Godfather...he's just a little boy and not really referred to in GFII other than when both Mama & Michael chastizes Connie for not seeing either of her children prior to asking her brother for favors.

I really don't know if her adult sons are seen in GFIII...though from all I've heard of that neverending opening party they are probably somewhere in the mix of guests roaming around. Unfortunately, their bastard cousin Vincent is given most of the spotlight there and throughout the movie.

Apple
I was 12 when that was filmed, the little boy who played Michael was 4 at the time...as I recall his real name was actually Michael as well. VR.

Re: carlo's son #18494
10/18/04 01:34 AM
10/18/04 01:34 AM
Elmwood Park, Illinois
YoTonyB Offline
Neighborhood Guy
YoTonyB  Offline
Neighborhood Guy
Underboss
Elmwood Park, Illinois
Meggie, during the baptism, the priest is actually addressing the baby. The godparents respond on behalf of the baby. The priest says to the baby, "Michael Frances Rizzi, do you reject satan..." and Michael Corleone, as the child's godfather, responds accordingly.

Among the Italians on the board, have you heard friends or family make any distinction between padrone and deo padre, the literal translation for "godfather."

I've heard deo padre used exclusively for the person designated as your godfather in the catholic church. I've heard padrone used as well. However I've also heard it used much as you would in the movie..."a term of respect, affection..." For example, "That's his padrone in Streets and San." I like it's relationship to the word patron.

tony b.

...il padrone to three nephews...having rejected satan and all his pomps on their behalf...

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"
Re: carlo's son #18495
10/18/04 06:32 PM
10/18/04 06:32 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Originally posted by The REAL Victor Rizzi:
I was 12 when that was filmed, the little boy who played Michael was 4 at the time...as I recall his real name was actually Michael as well. VR.
Are you talking about Mike's son Anthony? They named Mike's son Tony because the little kids name was Tony. They couldnt get him to respond to any name other than his own.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: carlo's son #18496
10/18/04 08:32 PM
10/18/04 08:32 PM
No. Calif.
T
The REAL Victor Rizzi Offline
Wiseguy
The REAL Victor Rizzi  Offline
T
Wiseguy
No. Calif.
No, not Michael's son Anthony, but Connie's younger son was also named Michael, after his uncle. -VR

Re: carlo's son #18497
10/18/04 08:38 PM
10/18/04 08:38 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
The older son is reffered to by Don Michael when he tells his sister Connie that the son "Victor" was in trouble with the law. I don't recall any reference being made to the younger son, Michael, by his name in GFII.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: carlo's son #18498
10/18/04 09:52 PM
10/18/04 09:52 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Victor Rizzi- Michael in the baptism was played by Sophia Coppola. To my knowledge Mike Rizzi dissapears into the vaccous spaces between films, never to be heard from again.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: carlo's son #18499
10/21/04 03:54 AM
10/21/04 03:54 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Victor Rizzi- Michael in the baptism was played by Sophia Coppola. To my knowledge Mike Rizzi dissapears into the vaccous spaces between films, never to be heard from again.
So far. Presumably since Connie is not exactly the world's best mother, he would get involved in crime like his brother Victor.

In any GF IV plotline, he would be a most logical choice for a character to contend for the ultimate control of the family - to challenge Vincent.

I believe this challenge would first come from either Frank or Santino Jr., Sonny's legitimate sons, who logically might try to usurp their half-brother from taking over control of the family.

But after the pecking order among the sons of Sonny is all sorted out, probably with a couple of them ending up dead, then Michael Francis (Rizzi) Corleone would be the logical successor to control of the family.

(I've stated several times - I think Connie would want no reminders of her abusive, traitor husband, and would have dropped "Rizzi" from her kids' names, and given them the Corleone name instead.)

The metaphor of the baptism, of Michael Corleone taking control in a brutal orgy of murders at the same time he is taking the baptismal vows for the innocent baby Michael Francis Rizzi, makes it absolutely logical that some day that innocent child would grow up and inherit that legacy of death himself - and perhaps become the instrument of it.

"You did good."
Re: carlo's son #18500
10/21/04 05:11 AM
10/21/04 05:11 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline OP
Underboss
svsg  Offline OP
Underboss
Existential Well
We see vito attaching great importance to loyalty, friendship and family, whereas michael seeks brutal power and legitimacy at the cost of his family(which he tries to protect,in his own imagination). The next step in the degradation would only be someone who does not care as much about the family or its quest to attain legitimacy. Exactly what vincent was.Since we don't know as much about carlo's younger son, it is tough to judge whether he would have fit the slot just as well.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull