GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Captbony1999, m2w, 1 invisible), 757 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,613
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,465
Posts1,061,367
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149611
03/01/06 06:58 AM
03/01/06 06:58 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

If I got someone pregnant, I'd consider myself a juvenile asshole for possibly ruining the future I strived for. But I simply wouldn't tell her to abort it, because I see it the same way as killing a human, which is probably hard for you to believe. I don't think of it as some pre-existent presence.

There are a few guys and girls I know at school who feel the same way, and oddly enough they are the more mature of the people I usually talk to. One day I overheard the guy in a couple say "mission aborted" referring to the situation if he got her pregnant. Things like this piss me off.

If I was in that situation I wouldn't be running from a problem as a convenience. I'd simply have to adjust my life for this huge change.

Then again, there are children dying in the crossfire of war, so I should be guilty over my selfish stance.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149612
03/01/06 07:11 AM
03/01/06 07:11 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
If I got someone pregnant....I simply wouldn't tell her to abort it.....If I was in that situation I wouldn't be running from a problem as a convenience. I'd simply have to adjust my life for this huge change.
I certainly understand and believe that you feel that way now.

All I'm saying is that I don't see how you can be so certain you'd feel the same way if you actually were in that situation.

Or how how you can be so certain you'd feel the same way about abortion if you actually were the person who could possibly get pregnant.

If you want to state that you are certain you would feel the same way, that's fine. Go ahead and do so, but I honestly don't see how anyone can be certain about what their feelings would be in a situation which they've never had to face.

You may think you know, but can you really be sure?

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149613
03/01/06 07:32 AM
03/01/06 07:32 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Of course I can't be sure. Last time I checked, doing the wrong thing was a standard human characteristic. I'm not going to say I'm some perfect person when it comes to judging these things. I can sit here all day and state what I believe is the right thing and how I would try to do it, but of course much of us resort to the wrong things we regret. I guess this quote can apply perfectly to your side of the debate.

See, Mr. Gitts, most people never have to face the fact that, at the right time and the right place, they're capable of...anything. - Chinatown

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149614
03/01/06 07:39 AM
03/01/06 07:39 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Of course I can't be sure.
That statement perfectly applies to my side of the debate even more.

Thank you. I rest my case.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149615
03/04/06 06:59 PM
03/04/06 06:59 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

To Afsanah:

Quote:
When you bomb a village children die.
So do terrorists, or the particular target in question, coincidentally.

However, aiming a bomb at Al Qaeda's media house is certainly not the same as killing your own child.

Quote:
Oh, yes, that is. Collateral means parallel simply put. Fetus can live, but it better does not count on me on aforementioned case. Its dying because it is outside the womb goes parallel to my decision. Tough, but collateral damage baby!
That would be cause and effect, not collateral damage, perhaps focusing on intent would be more proper in this case.

There is no intent to kill children during bombings. Does it happen? Regrettably so.

There is deliberate intent to kill children through abortion.

Quote:
We've discussed this many times. Under which rock were you at the time? Do a search on the topic on these boards. (I like it when I use your own language, "under the rock!" Also I begin to like the way you spin everything by breaking a message apart. It sure feels good. [Big Grin] )
Firstly, if it is your statement, I would think that the burden of responsibility would fall upon yourself.

Secondly, I break up messages not to spin or confuse (I didn't realize the "quote" brackets made it so hard for you to delineate), but rather, to dissect each individual statement and its merit (or lack thereof).

Quote:
Relevance?.
You're saying that conservatives, like myself, quote, "try to eliminate the SSO altogether." However, I would think this is grossly incorrect, especially since most (if not all) conservative platforms advocate moderate-to-heavy reform rather than total elimination.

My point was that the groups I mentioned don't want to tear down America - but there are sects within them that wish to do so.

Similarly, your claim that Republicans want to eliminate social security is flawed in the same way - do some of them want this to happen? Probably. But does the majority? No.

Quote:
There was a time I wished to become an American. That time is long gone, just getting to know Americans such as you and to see them actually begin to rise and slid down the slippery slope. Sorry to say this, but that's how I feel.
Please don't apologize.

It warms my heart that one less Iranian wishes to emigrate to my fine country. Please continue to enjoy the mullahs, fatwahs, the Ayatollah's, and the Roses of the Prophet Mohammed. It shant be long before Iran decides to either war with Iraq or another neighbor, or go on an Israeli-killing spree, lending itself to annihilation from the Hebrews.

Cheers. We've already got enough anti-Americanism in this country as it is.

Quote:
There are men like Mad Johnny and Double J who obviously feel that the sanctity of the unborn is vastly more important than the mother.
Actually, I think it comes down to those of us like Mad Johnny and myself who believe in the sanctity of innocent life (requisite qualifying statement should we happen to have the inevitable discussion on the death penalty for the 1000th time), and those like Afsanah and yourself who believe in the sanctity of convenient immorality and murder shadowed in the name of "women's rights."

Quote:
Although, I will say a rapist should get his stuff cut off. I think that's fair.
Mad Johnny - Oh, most certainly, at the very least, castration would be in order.

To Plaw:

Quote:
If a fetus in a womb was able to make that conscious decision about "wanting to live" then I'd agree with you and be 100% anti-abortion.
What about the elderly or the disabled then? If they are unable to make their own decisions regarding living, why can't we just hook them up to a suicide machine and decrease the surplus population?

Quote:
What do we do with her "stuff"?
Well, though I'm not advocating or supporting it, there is a thing called "female circumcision."

Quote:
Well, all over, i'd say. I've read and heard any number of stories about college kids from all over the country who have done just that.

Perhaps they were made-up stories stories designed to disprove the notion that some people have that the armed forces are "made up of uneducated, poor minorities"?
Do a Google search for Charlie Rangel.

Are you disagreeing with the idea that the poor and minorities are overrepresented in the Armed Forces?

Quote:
(BTW, do the out-of-town kids attending UB still call the natives of Buffalo "Buffaloons"? Perhaps these stories haven't reached up there yet)
I haven't heard the term. Though, I know there is some antimosity towards people from Long Island, deriving from what I have no idea.

Quote:
I think that everyone wants us out of Iraq ASAP. That certain;y doesn't distinguish you from anyone else.
Wouldn't you say there is a difference in what I said and what you are implying?

I said: "...my desire to leave Iraq immediately."

You said: "...everyone wants us out of Iraq ASAP."

There is no "ASAP" or "finishing the job" in my belief. They hate us over there. We've removed Saddam, and ensured he can't threaten us. Actually, we've given Iran a little present, since we know they've been trying to knock of Iraq for ages. I want us out of there right now, as in, yes, President Bush, initiate the recall code, and bring them home.

Quote:
And haven't you expressed the view that you favored our invasion of Iraq in the first place?
I did. I actually favored black ops, but...liberals frown upon that sort of thing nowadays.

Quote:
You could have enlisted then.
Why? We still have plenty of troops in reserve (unlike Vietnam, which, as you said, was a way to get out of going to 'Nam).

I'm sure President Bush believes in this war - why isn't he donning the war bonnet and flying a plane as he has been trained to do?

Quote:
Yeah, that's the way to do it. Have a bunch of lawless thugs beat up those who they don't agree with, hoping that their message "sinks in".

Am I giving you too much credit in thinking that you don't really believe that, or am I misunderstanding your comment, which was perhaps meant only as another clever quip?

Please elaborate.
As someone who despises much of the liberalism that came out of the 1960's, I can say that it I have complete apathy towards antiwar protestors who spat on our troops, passed the hash pipe, and praised those like Jane Fonda, receiving a most required a smack on the head. Unfortunately, it did not knock any sense into them.

Quote:
I didn't spit on or ostracize any returning soldiers, and I don't know anyone who did, and I think that the few who did engage in that type of behavior were 100% wrong and hardly representative of a generation.
Well, I guess if you say so. Who am I to doubt your word?

Quote:
You weren't around then, so I should explain that the news accounts you've read about incidents like that were reported only because they were rare cases and, because they were so despicable, newsworthy.
You don't have to humor me, Plaw. However, I, personally, think that the spitting, and Kerry throwing away his medals, and Fonda telling us to "get down on our knees and beg for Communism" embodies the generation and its message, and unfortunately, it has been passed on.

Quote:
[sarcasm]Damn, I keep forgetting that you're the self-appointed internet police around here, deciding what is on topic and what isn't and when it is appropriate to cite posts from other threads and when it's not.[/sarcasm]
Now, Plaw, is that sticking to the topic(s) at hand? It seems more like something that "do(es) not addrsss [sic] the issue being discussed, but merely enrage those those [sic] being referred to and turn the discussion into a name-calling pissing contest."

Back to Afsanah:

Quote:
I don't care if JJ calls me a murderer for standing up for women's right, because he advocates a far greater murder and sees no wrong in that calling it simply collateral damage.
Haha. That's laughable.

Mind telling me how you can delineate between a regular murder and a "far greater" one? How to we gauge which is which?

I mean, after all, wouldn't the Mullah's list of assassinations and executions against oppositions be considered a "far greater" murder(s)?

Back to Plaw:

Quote:
IMO, it's all about the power that men wield (or would like to) over women, and their views being self-serving.
It's actually about the sanctity of life, thanks.

Quote:
It's real easy for men to be pro-Iraqi War when they don't have to worry about being drafted into the army and sent to Iraq to fight.
Who says my country couldn't re-instate the draft tomorrow? Charlie Rangel has been pushing for mandatory/compulsory military service. In all honesty, it may not be such a bad idea.

On the same train of thought - when there was a draft, for example, in Vietnam, and other foreign wars, were there not those who supported the war even though they could be sent off to fight?

Quote:
Just as it is for men to be anti-abortion when they know that they will never be faced with the personal decision of whether or not to have one.
Because, after all, we know that men NEVER take responsibility when they Father children, right? [/sarcasm]

Quote:
Don't people tend to make decisions and form their views based on their own self interest - at least to some extent?
Pro-choice abortionists would be a spectacular example.

Quote:
Is it hard to grasp the idea that many men might feel differently about their anti-abortion stance if the decision was one that affected them more personally?
Don't we have a significant number of pro-choice men in America, too?

Kudos,
Double-J

Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149616
03/04/06 07:15 PM
03/04/06 07:15 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
the Roses of the Prophet Mohammed.
What is this?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149617
03/04/06 07:24 PM
03/04/06 07:24 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] the Roses of the Prophet Mohammed.
What is this? [/b][/quote] Muslim Fury Hits Pastries

Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149618
03/05/06 03:11 AM
03/05/06 03:11 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
So do terrorists, or the particular target in question, coincidentally.

However, aiming a bomb at Al Qaeda's media house is certainly not the same as killing your own child.
That's for you to say. Just a few months ago the US bombed a village in Pakistan. Apparently they were only villagers, families. They all died together. And of course it is not the same. You aborting an unwanted pregnancy is a decision you make for your own life. Someone killing you and your family and kids is murder.

Quote:
There is deliberate intent to kill children through abortion.
What children? The purpose is to prevent an unwanted pregnancy that would result in unwanted children. As far as I'm concerned I'm not a donkey so you put a burden on me and make me to carry it without having to decide for myself. I don't have a problem with letting a fetus live on its own. If it can't, it is too bad.

Quote:
Firstly, if it is your statement, I would think that the burden of responsibility would fall upon yourself.
You for example said that SSO is not to be trusted with paying back when you are going to get retired. So you said they should let you have an account where you save the portion you have to pay to the SSO, so that you can decide for yourself, as if it is all about you. Little did you think about a child left on welfare or what would happen if you should have an accident and become disabled. How your little account is going to take care of you in that condition? How is it supposed to help a child left on welfare? You certainly didn't see that in your plan. So here, I made a perfect example with your own proposal, about those who are going to ruin the SSO. If I can't support a child, I'm not going to have one. My child hopefully wouldn't rely on any welfare, unless I die untimely.

Quote:
Secondly, I break up messages not to spin or confuse (I didn't realize the "quote" brackets made it so hard for you to delineate), but rather, to dissect each individual statement and its merit (or lack thereof).
Good then, since I began to enjoy it.

Quote:
You're saying that conservatives, like myself, quote, "try to eliminate the SSO altogether." However, I would think this is grossly incorrect, especially since most (if not all) conservative platforms advocate moderate-to-heavy reform rather than total elimination.
Read the answer for the two quotes above.

Quote:
Please don't apologize.
It wasn't directed at you, it was for others who might read my response to your post.

Quote:
It warms my heart that one less Iranian wishes to emigrate to my fine country. Please continue to enjoy the mullahs, fatwahs, the Ayatollah's, and the Roses of the Prophet Mohammed. It shant be long before Iran decides to either war with Iraq or another neighbor, or go on an Israeli-killing spree, lending itself to annihilation from the Hebrews.

Cheers. We've already got enough anti-Americanism in this country as it is.
Your fine country is the result of immigration of intellectuals from all over the world. Look up the number of foreign scientists and see how many of them were students from other countries who got the US citizenship afterward. I wonder what happens if one day everyone realizes they better do something for their own country rather than escaping the problems and choose the easy route. That would be very heartwarming for me as well. I'll continue enjoying Danish pastries and care less for what Mullahs say. After all the main job of a mullah is talking and nothing more. Iran has never attacked its neighbors in the past hundred years, because people would never fight such wars. Yet it has fallen to be the victim of Iraq attacks backed with the support of European countries and the US and its military defense is almost ruined. What makes the US really nervous is not the possibility of WMDs, but the plan that Iran is going to sell the oil with Euro currency that would weaken the US dollar. But I guess the US always needs to find a reason to attack us anyway so WMDs are always good and if you didn't find any, you've given us a chance to give us this false freedom after all.

Quote:
Actually, I think it comes down to those of us like Mad Johnny and myself who believe in the sanctity of innocent life (requisite qualifying statement should we happen to have the inevitable discussion on the death penalty for the 1000th time), and those like Afsanah and yourself who believe in the sanctity of convenient immorality and murder shadowed in the name of "women's rights."
It is quite simple. Don't get an abortion if you think it is immoral. Keep your morals to yourself. That by no means is murder according to my morals, since it is a long way before a fetus becomes a human being. We can't suite everything according to your morals.

Quote:
Mind telling me how you can delineate between a regular murder and a "far greater" one? How to we gauge which is which?

I mean, after all, wouldn't the Mullah's list of assassinations and executions against oppositions be considered a "far greater" murder(s)?
By my own morals. You are following Mullahs very closely according to my scale on murder. Still, this is my morals, so why that makes you worried? Sleep tight at nights, no biggie, I'm not God after all and my judgment is worth nothing, just the same as yours. :p

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149619
03/05/06 08:59 AM
03/05/06 08:59 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
That's for you to say. Just a few months ago the US bombed a village in Pakistan. Apparently they were only villagers, families. They all died together. And of course it is not the same. You aborting an unwanted pregnancy is a decision you make for your own life. Someone killing you and your family and kids is murder.
Granted, mistakes do occur in war. But as I say again, the killing of children and other noncombatants is not deliberate.

And again, aborting an unwanted pregnancy is a decision that is made for two people - one of whom can go on their merry, oftentimes selfish way, while the other is thrown into the medical waste bin, never to take another breath.

Quote:
What children? The purpose is to prevent an unwanted pregnancy that would result in unwanted children. As far as I'm concerned I'm not a donkey so you put a burden on me and make me to carry it without having to decide for myself. I don't have a problem with letting a fetus live on its own. If it can't, it is too bad.
However you choose to rationalize it, an "unwanted pregnancy" is still a living human being.

Quote:
You for example said that SSO is not to be trusted with paying back when you are going to get retired. So you said they should let you have an account where you save the portion you have to pay to the SSO, so that you can decide for yourself, as if it is all about you. Little did you think about a child left on welfare or what would happen if you should have an accident and become disabled. How your little account is going to take care of you in that condition? How is it supposed to help a child left on welfare? You certainly didn't see that in your plan. So here, I made a perfect example with your own proposal, about those who are going to ruin the SSO. If I can't support a child, I'm not going to have one. My child hopefully wouldn't rely on any welfare, unless I die untimely.
Because, surprisingly enough, Social Security was never intended to be a social welfare program. It is supposed to be, and exclusively should be, and old age pension.

We have plenty of other tax dollars going to social welfare. Your sarcasm and example about "my little plan" is irrelevant.

If you can't support your child, there are plenty of social welfare programs, as well as charities and missions designed strictly for poor, unwed mothers. And, once you've given the child up for adoption after birth, you can go back to worrying about #1.

Though I suspect, oftentimes in the example you are citing, it would be a life of crime and/or drugs, unfortunately.

Quote:
Your fine country is the result of immigration of intellectuals from all over the world. Look up the number of foreign scientists and see how many of them were students from other countries who got the US citizenship afterward.
Surprisingly enough, save for the anarchists, these immigrants realized America was a land of opportunity, as opposed to the oppressive or unsuccessful economies they derived from.

And you can also look up how many of these people who now come and get their educations here either a.) immigrate back to their nations or b.) send their money back home, rather than put it back into the American economy. Similarly, it is quite interesting that many of them receive free tuition simply for being immigrants, while the tax paying citizens of this country have to scrimp and save and kill themselves attempting to put either themselves or their children through higher education.

Quote:
I wonder what happens if one day everyone realizes they better do something for their own country rather than escaping the problems and choose the easy route. That would be very heartwarming for me as well. I'll continue enjoying Danish pastries and care less for what Mullahs say. After all the main job of a mullah is talking and nothing more.
Good.

Quote:
Iran has never attacked its neighbors in the past hundred years, because people would never fight such wars. Yet it has fallen to be the victim of Iraq attacks backed with the support of European countries and the US and its military defense is almost ruined.

Oh, yes, you poor victims. Because, after all, you hadn't been involved in plots to overthrow the Bahraini government, or supported embassy bombers, or slaughtered Mecca voyagers in Saudi Arabia.

Quote:

What makes the US really nervous is not the possibility of WMDs, but the plan that Iran is going to sell the oil with Euro currency that would weaken the US dollar. But I guess the US always needs to find a reason to attack us anyway so WMDs are always good and if you didn't find any, you've given us a chance to give us this false freedom after all.

Well, at least we'll have the oil.

Quote:
It is quite simple. Don't get an abortion if you think it is immoral. Keep your morals to yourself. That by no means is murder according to my morals, since it is a long way before a fetus becomes a human being. We can't suite everything according to your morals.
So, by your token, we shouldn't prosecute murderers because we can't inject our morals upon society? :rolleyes:

Furthermore, I've already provided scientific proof (the point of which, apparently, has soared over some peoples heads) that a fetus, or whatever stage of development, is still a human being.

Quote:
By my own morals. You are following Mullahs very closely according to my scale on murder. Still, this is my morals, so why that makes you worried? Sleep tight at nights, no biggie, I'm not God after all and my judgment is worth nothing, just the same as yours.
Why would it make me worried?

Oh, I don't know, because your nation would like to start an Israeli holocaust and possibly drive the planet into nuclear oblivion?

That old chestnut, I know.

Best,
DJ

Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149620
03/05/06 10:06 AM
03/05/06 10:06 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Granted, mistakes do occur in war. But as I say again, the killing of children and other noncombatants is not deliberate.

And again, aborting an unwanted pregnancy is a decision that is made for two people - one of whom can go on their merry, oftentimes selfish way, while the other is thrown into the medical waste bin, never to take another breath.
What are you seeking by bombing houses? If it is not deliberate, I don't know what that might be.

The other never was breathing to begin with and was not a person, it doesn't matter how you try to put it. If it was a person and could breath, it could've lived on its own.

Quote:
However you choose to rationalize it, an "unwanted pregnancy" is still a living human being.
It is not. It is a living organism destined to become a human being if being taken care of. Is an egg a chicken? Not if a hen decides not to keep it warm. Your argument is as silly as calling an egg a chicken.

Quote:
If you can't support your child, there are plenty of social welfare programs, as well as charities and missions designed strictly for poor, unwed mothers. And, once you've given the child up for adoption after birth, you can go back to worrying about #1.
I pass on that. You do that for your children if needed. I don't bring children to this world, uless I want to take care of them.

Quote:
Surprisingly enough, save for the anarchists, these immigrants realized America was a land of opportunity, as opposed to the oppressive or unsuccessful economies they derived from.

And you can also look up how many of these people who now come and get their educations here either a.) immigrate back to their nations or b.) send their money back home, rather than put it back into the American economy. Similarly, it is quite interesting that many of them receive free tuition simply for being immigrants, while the tax paying citizens of this country have to scrimp and save and kill themselves attempting to put either themselves or their children through higher education.
Their countries suffer, either because of the sanction of the super powers or their interference in their internal affairs.
If you don't like them, send them all back home. I would appreciate one educated person along with hundreds of non educated people, because that one person is worth it. I would like to see chauvinism feelings like yours stray people back home. Kids in well-being countries now have it easy and all hate math and science. Most of the students who are worthy of receiving the scholarships in highly scientific fields are foreigners, mostly Asians.

Quote:
Oh, yes, you poor victims. Because, after all, you hadn't been involved in plots to overthrow the Bahraini government, or supported embassy bombers, or slaughtered Mecca voyagers in Saudi Arabia.
I don't know where you get your facts, but it was actually Iranian pilgrims who were slaughtered in Mecca. On Jul. 31, 1987 - Security forces in Mecca battled with Iranians holding an anti-U.S. demonstration. 402 people, mostly Iranian pilgrims, are killed, 649 wounded.

About middling in other countries affair, I honestly can't say what our government does, just like what your government does its fair share to screw others.

Quote:
Well, at least we'll have the oil.
So after all it would be a war for oil. It is good to hear that straight from the horse's mouth.

Quote:
So, by your token, we shouldn't prosecute murderers because we can't inject our morals upon society?
If we can prosecute murderers, we might start we those leading a war for oil. I still don't believe abortion is murder.

Quote:
Furthermore, I've already provided scientific proof (the point of which, apparently, has soared over some peoples heads) that a fetus, or whatever stage of development, is still a human being.
And I gave you my scientific explanation about egg and chicken. If it can't live on its own, it is not my problem. I shouldn't have to take care of anyone or anything if I don't wish to. If anyone likes to take care of them, they are welcomed to.

Quote:
Why would it make me worried?

Oh, I don't know, because your nation would like to start an Israeli holocaust and possibly drive the planet into nuclear oblivion?
Being an aimed target of Israeli nuclear missiles, I'm not sure why I'm not worried. Silly me.

Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149621
03/05/06 11:32 AM
03/05/06 11:32 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
What are you seeking by bombing houses? If it is not deliberate, I don't know what that might be.
Funny, As-Sahab, which is Al Qaeda's media outlet, was located inside a plain looking building in a business district in Kabul I believe. US forces successfully bombed it into rubble, without damaging any other buildings or people.

Quote:
The other never was breathing to begin with and was not a person, it doesn't matter how you try to put it. If it was a person and could breath, it could've lived on its own
Where is your proof that it doesn't breathe?

Humans in the womb have gills, and carry on respiration.

Quote:
It is not. It is a living organism destined to become a human being if being taken care of. Is an egg a chicken? Not if a hen decides not to keep it warm. Your argument is as silly as calling an egg a chicken.
No. A chicken egg is simply a egg unless it is fertilized, just like a human sperm and egg are just sperm and egg until conception. After conception, however, it is a chicken and human, respectively.

And - they do have incubators for chicken eggs, you know. They don't need the hen to keep it warm.

Quote:
Their countries suffer, either because of the sanction of the super powers or their interference in their internal affairs.
Oh, yes, of course, because we know these countries (if you could call them that) would be utopias, with thriving economies and happy citizens! :rolleyes:

Quote:
I would like to see chauvinism feelings like yours stray people back home.
My chauvanism? Cite.

I suppose if you're basing it on my pro-life stance, then, gosh darn it, we've got quite a few chavanistic women in America too!

Example: TIS and Apple - you chauvanist pigs! :rolleyes:

Quote:
Kids in well-being countries now have it easy and all hate math and science.
Wow. I don't think I'll justify such a ridiculously unsubstantiated statement with a response.

Quote:
Most of the students who are worthy of receiving the scholarships in highly scientific fields are foreigners, mostly Asians.
Unlike China, with regimented compulsory education, in America, we give people the choice to pursue their interests.

Quote:
I don't know where you get your facts, but it was actually Iranian pilgrims who were slaughtered in Mecca. On Jul. 31, 1987 - Security forces in Mecca battled with Iranians holding an anti-U.S. demonstration. 402 people, mostly Iranian pilgrims, are killed, 649 wounded.
I've heard the opposite - that it was the Iranians that initiated the violence and ended up killing more than a few Saudis.

Quote:
About middling in other countries affair, I honestly can't say what our government does, just like what your government does its fair share to screw others.
Oh, how ignorance is bliss. :rolleyes:

Quote:
So after all it would be a war for oil. It is good to hear that straight from the horse's mouth.
You said that we would be warring with Iran over oil and currency. Why split hairs when, like all wars, there is booty to be gotten, the most obvious of which would be Iranian oil?

Quote:
If we can prosecute murderers, we might start we those leading a war for oil. I still don't believe abortion is murder.
The spin is in, Afsaneh. I asked you specifically how you can justify injecting opinions about murder upon an accused murderer when he/she doesn't believe what he/she performed was wrong.

And your answer is? Spinning it to a war for oil.

Quote:
And I gave you my scientific explanation about egg and chicken.
Oh, yes, that was real Johns Hopkins/New England Journal of Medicine type stuff there.

"It doesn't breathe, and an egg isn't a chicken if the mother doesn't keep it warm."

Don't expect any Nobel Prizes for that didactic idea, Afs.

Quote:
If it can't live on its own, it is not my problem. I shouldn't have to take care of anyone or anything if I don't wish to. If anyone likes to take care of them, they are welcomed to.

Quote:
Being an aimed target of Israeli nuclear missiles, I'm not sure why I'm not worried. Silly me.
Well, they are pointed at you for a reason. :rolleyes:

On that same notion - by your answer, does this mean you would advocate a holocause and cleansing of the Israelis or the Hebrews in general?

Regards,
DJ

Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149622
03/05/06 01:18 PM
03/05/06 01:18 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I feel that I've degraded the debate with your style, so I don't feel continuing that way. But I just have to add that when Iranians started the anti US demonstration in Mecca, Saudi Arabia being the great ally of the US at the time killed them all and you wouldn't hear it any other way that you've heard it before. After all, this is the leading country in screwing women's right and you easily ignore it because she has a pledge to sell her oil with the US dollar, so why mess with a puppet regime so friendly with the US anyway?

Back to the discussion, a fertilized egg can become a chicken either with help of a hen or machine. It also can be cooked, or left alone, and that doesn't make the egg a chicken.

I've far greater respect for my gender to think it is their duty to carry a fertilized egg, because you want to call a fetus a baby or a human being. A woman is not an animal that you make her carry a burden, nor an oven that you put things in there and take it back after a while. A fertilized egg is merely a potential baby given the privilege of a woman to carry it. A fetus doesn't breathe on its own, it gets the oxygen it needs like any other part of the body through blood. Pregnancy is a privilege that a woman gives a fertilized egg and it is a choice that she makes and anything shorter than that is screwing women's right, which I don't expect happening in the land of free.

Since you'd have to have the last word, I also add that I've no further contributions to make to this thread. :p

Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149623
03/06/06 05:43 PM
03/06/06 05:43 PM
Tied up in a trunk of a car.
Associate Offline
Wiseguy
Associate  Offline
Wiseguy
Tied up in a trunk of a car.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Johnny:
Don't want the child? Tough, it wants to live just like you do.
And it doesn't matter if it ruins your life and you ruin his/her life growing up through abusing/neglecting/generally hating it because of this.

Get a dictionary. Find out what this "closure" thing is. If that's what he's going to hit us with, I want to be ready.
Re: South Dakota to ban nearly all abortions #149624
03/06/06 09:57 PM
03/06/06 09:57 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
By the way, Governor Rounds of South Dakota signed the legislation banning abortions today.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull