GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Captbony1999, 1 invisible), 464 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,448
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,930
Members10,349
Most Online992
04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
questions #17824
09/15/04 03:29 AM
09/15/04 03:29 AM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kenneth Young  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy
i have a question about some scenes in godfather maybe some of you could answer for me...what is tom and movie producer talking about when he says tell him i aint no bad leada either yeah i herd that story and when mike and clamenza are in the basement and he mentions what pe pe ramune did....anyone help me out?

You have answer for Santino, Carlo,you fingered Sony for the Barzini people....AHHHHH that little faus you played with my sista you think that could fool a corleone.
Re: questions #17825
09/15/04 04:16 AM
09/15/04 04:16 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Jack Woltz' (the movie producer) reference to the "bandleader" was about how Vito got Johnny Fontaine out of his movie contract. Mike tells the story to Kay during the wedding sequence in the beginning of the movie.

"pe pe ramune"??? - What movie were you watching???

Re: questions #17826
09/15/04 08:42 AM
09/15/04 08:42 AM
Los Angeles
Sophia Offline
Made Member
Sophia  Offline
Made Member
Los Angeles
K.Y., Woltz was saying, you can your guys can't intimidate me they way you did the band leader. Vito and Luca held a gun to the band leader's head and made him cut the contract they had with Johnny Fontane. Instead, Tom had the great idea of killing what was closests to Woltz, his prize black stud horse.... it worked!

Re: questions #17827
09/15/04 08:43 AM
09/15/04 08:43 AM
Los Angeles
Sophia Offline
Made Member
Sophia  Offline
Made Member
Los Angeles
K.Y., Woltz was saying, you and your guys can't intimidate me they way you did the band leader. Vito and Luca held a gun to the band leader's head and made him cut the contract they had with Johnny Fontane. Instead, they had the great idea of killing what was closests to Woltz, his prize black stud horse.... it worked! Johnny got the part.

Re: questions #17828
09/15/04 07:30 PM
09/15/04 07:30 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by SC:
Jack Woltz' (the movie producer) reference to the "bandleader" was about how Vito got Johnny Fontaine out of his movie contract. Mike tells the story to Kay during the wedding sequence in the beginning of the movie.

"pe pe ramune"??? - What movie were you watching???
Wasn't Pe Pe Ramone a character from Carlito's Way? confused

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: questions #17829
09/16/04 12:38 AM
09/16/04 12:38 AM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
ok i got the bandleader part what about the part with mike and clemenza in the basement and clemenza talks about pe pe ramune

You have answer for Santino, Carlo,you fingered Sony for the Barzini people....AHHHHH that little faus you played with my sista you think that could fool a corleone.
Re: questions #17830
09/16/04 07:39 AM
09/16/04 07:39 AM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Michael and Clemenza talked about the use of the gun, how Michael was gonna kill McCluskey and Sollozzo, and a little politics (not letting Hitler get out of control at Munich), and that's all.

They never spoke about someone named Pepe Ramone. That must be in a different movie.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: questions #17831
09/16/04 08:58 PM
09/16/04 08:58 PM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
They never spoke about someone named Pepe Ramone. That must be in a different movie.
ok would anyone like to watch the basement scene over......"you gotta start from the begginning like they stopped pe pe ramune they should of never let him get away with that they was just asking for big trouble" would anyone like to rewatch the basement scene?!!

Re: questions #17832
09/16/04 09:59 PM
09/16/04 09:59 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally posted by Kenneth Young:
"you gotta start from the begginning like they stopped pe pe ramune they should of never let him get away with that they was just asking for big trouble" would anyone like to rewatch the basement scene?!!
You gotta stop buying your videos from Adolf's Barber Shop. The dialogue in that scene is:

(Clemenza): "Pretty goddamn bad. Probably all the other Families will line up against us. That's alright --this thing's gotta happen every five years or so -- ten years -- helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten years since the last one. You know you got to stop them at the beginning,
like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, They should never've let him get away with
that. They were just asking for big trouble. You know, Mike, we was all proud of you --
being a hero and all. Your father, too".

Re: questions #17833
09/16/04 10:07 PM
09/16/04 10:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I'm telling you, I am pretty sure that Pe Pe Ramone was a character in Carlito's Way. SC has quoted the scene you are talking about word for word, Hitler is mentioned, not Pe Pe. You are mixing up your movies my friend.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: questions #17834
09/17/04 07:12 AM
09/17/04 07:12 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I am pretty sure that Pe Pe Ramone was a character in Carlito's Way.
I checked on IMDB. The only character in Carlito with a name that was even close was 'Pachanga' (played by Luis Guzman), one of Carlito's guys (the short Puerto Rican), who also played one of TM's bodyguards in Scarface.

Maybe he's thinking of Pepe LePew....

[Linked Image]

(something does smell kinda funny in this thread, don't you think?)

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: questions #17835
09/17/04 01:28 PM
09/17/04 01:28 PM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
no im watching the godfather on my computer a dvd rip its the exact dvd part 1 maybe in the book he says hitler at munich but in the movie he does not so how about we sit down and listen to what he says because its defenitly not hitler at munich.....watch the scene in no way does it even remotly sound like hitler at munich...watch the scene actually watch it.

Re: questions #17836
09/17/04 01:32 PM
09/17/04 01:32 PM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
"like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich"....watch the movie on vhs dvd or w/e i guarantee you he doesnt say that. so dont tell me You gotta stop buying your videos from Adolf's Barber Shop. because im not wrong and the dialogue is different. i want someone to actually watch the video scene and tell me different.

Re: questions #17837
09/17/04 01:38 PM
09/17/04 01:38 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
With all due respect, KY, you're talking to people here who have each watched the movie untold numbers of times.

We have discussed, re-discussed, and re-re-discussed virtually every aspect of the entire trilogy ad nauseum.

There are people posting here, who, I would venture to say, would rank among the world's foremost experts on this subject if there was a world ranking.

And although I may not be one of them, I can state with absolute certainty that Clemenza says "Hitler at Munich"

The only thing I can suggest to you, if you are serious, is that you have a faulty DVD.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: questions #17838
09/17/04 01:55 PM
09/17/04 01:55 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Maybe KY is viewing a bootlegged DVD or something...or perhaps watching the film in another country where Clemenza's 'Hitler' statement is somehow edited out and this 'pe pe ramune' thing inserted in its place.

Whatever he's watching, it is not The Godfather in its original form, because the Hitler at Munich line IS there.

Oh, and KY...to understand fully Woltz's 'bandleader' line, you may want to go back to early in the film and listen to the story Michael tell's Kay about their relationship with Johnny Fontaine.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: questions #17839
09/18/04 12:23 PM
09/18/04 12:23 PM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
well no one has yet to actually tell me they watched the american dvd version of the movie.The more i watch the scene i can see ramune being mixed up with munich but in no way can i get hitler out of the conversation so as i said please rewatch the scene and listen closely maybe if you have the dvd cd's you can turn on subtitles and check for me..maybe dialogue was changed but please actually watch the scene instead of telling me what the book dialogue says thankyou.If you watch the scene on american dvd you will see my dilema.im not saying he doesnt say "hitler at muncich" but it doesnt sound like that to me. and everyone please im watching the american dvd bought in stores burned to the computer from the very close friend in no way is or was this dvd copy bootleg.

Re: questions #17840
09/18/04 01:12 PM
09/18/04 01:12 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I just watched it......its definitely "Hitler".

Re: questions #17841
09/18/04 01:15 PM
09/18/04 01:15 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

well no one has yet to actually tell me they watched the american dvd version of the movie.The more i watch the scene i can see ramune being mixed up with munich but in no way can i get hitler out of the conversation so as i said please rewatch the scene and listen closely maybe if you have the dvd cd's you can turn on subtitles and check for me..maybe dialogue was changed but please actually watch the scene instead of telling me what the book dialogue says thankyou.If you watch the scene on american dvd you will see my dilema.im not saying he doesnt say "hitler at muncich" but it doesnt sound like that to me. and everyone please im watching the american dvd bought in stores burned to the computer from the very close friend in no way is or was this dvd copy bootleg.
alright I just put in my dvd since I can't take your attitude for much longer. You ask a favor and everyone tells you what it says and then you get an attitude.
well open your ears when you watch it because its very easy to understand Hitler at Munich.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: questions #17842
09/18/04 01:57 PM
09/18/04 01:57 PM
Netherlands
Don Schulini Offline
Made Member
Don Schulini  Offline
Made Member
Netherlands
My Dutch dvd subtitles tell me Clemenza says "Hitler at Munich", my English dvd subtitles tell me the same, hell even my German dvd subtitles tell me that.

"You never wanted my friendship, you don't ask with respect.."
Re: questions #17843
09/18/04 05:29 PM
09/18/04 05:29 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
no im watching the godfather on my computer a dvd rip ....
What is a DVD rip? Is it a bookleg copy,downloaded off the internet maybe? Because it ceritanly is "Hitler at Munich" Maybe you like in an oppressed country where they dont want you to hear those things,so they edit in nonsence like that insted.That is the only thing I can think of.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: questions #17844
09/18/04 05:43 PM
09/18/04 05:43 PM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
lol Yeah an oppressed country like America...lol...anyway thanks for checking those subtitles ok so now im positive that he should say "hitler at munich"...oh and no my dvd rip was not downloaded off the internet read my last post and it'll tell you how i got the dvd....ok now that im positive what clemenza should be saying from our subtitled info would anyone like to watch the scene in enlgish i just cant see him saying hitler,doesnt sound that way at all..anyways sounds like he says ramune but i could get that mixed up with munich but to me in no way it sounds like he says hitler im not complaining about this or anything of the sense im just wondering about that part of the dialogue it doesnt sound like thats what hes saying in english.Not that it really matters i just wanted to know the dialogue of that scene.You can look at my first post and tell why.from the help of people of the boards i know now what hes supposed to say..but im just saying it doesnt sound like that all in english. thanx to all for the much help and numerous posts smile tongue cool

Re: questions #17845
09/18/04 05:53 PM
09/18/04 05:53 PM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
"alright I just put in my dvd since I can't take your attitude for much longer. You ask a favor and everyone tells you what it says and then you get an attitude.
well open your ears when you watch it because its very easy to understand Hitler at Munich". WoW after being told dont buy movies from adolphs barbershop by you,i defenitly have an attitude toward you who are you to say your getting tired of someones attitude on the internet. Everyone Else thankyou verymuch for your posts and replys.If at any time i came accross as having an attitude to any of you except SC im sorry. i never asked a favor i asked a question and if you have a problem with my so called "attitude" do something about it oh wait its the internet!!!! i almost forgot. i would hate to see you debate with a person with your short temper.

Re: questions #17846
09/18/04 06:38 PM
09/18/04 06:38 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

hmmmmmm I never said dont buy your dvds from anywhere as I never responded to this thread until now.

for the record this is what I took as attitude:

maybe dialogue was changed but please actually watch the scene instead of telling me what the book dialogue says thankyou

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: questions #17847
09/18/04 06:59 PM
09/18/04 06:59 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
WoW after being told dont buy movies from adolphs barbershop by you,i defenitly have an attitude toward you who are you to say your getting tired of someones attitude on the internet. Everyone Else thankyou verymuch for your posts and replys.If at any time i came accross as having an attitude to any of you except SC im sorry.
I told you I was getting tired of your attitude??? I think perhaps your hearing isn't your only problem; perhaps you should learn to read.

Re: questions #17848
09/18/04 07:01 PM
09/18/04 07:01 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
it sounds rather simple. He is watching it on his computer and it may be breaking and reloading data at that point depending on his computer. maybe it is about the time it says People.

Anyway maybe, the short temper isn't helping anyone. I keep saying anger management is getting to be a must around here.
Even tho, at times we have a better way around here

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: questions #17849
09/19/04 03:11 AM
09/19/04 03:11 AM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
im done with this board i asked a question..then i asked for people to answer the question in my standards and to have 3 people who didnt even post to begin with post because they have a problem with my "attitude" it must of bean the if you have a problem with my attitude do something remark thats gets most people on the internet fired up wether theyre in the conversation or not.Then to actually talk about anger management WOW! i suggest a admin to keep personal opinionative garbage out of perfectly good forums..one guy says i dont like him then three more say me neither "Sheep i tell you Sheep"!!!!!!!!

Re: questions #17850
09/19/04 02:32 PM
09/19/04 02:32 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
im done with this board ....
So Long
[Linked Image]Like Plaw said, we have all watched that scene countless times,so we do know what we're talking about.If you do stay, try to be more open-minded

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: questions #17851
09/20/04 02:13 AM
09/20/04 02:13 AM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
Wow i was just reareading thru the post and it wasnt SC who commented about an attitude it was Donmichaelcorleone well i have to say I apologize to SC because he didnt say that.

Re: questions #17852
09/20/04 02:27 AM
09/20/04 02:27 AM
K
Kenneth Young Offline OP
Wiseguy
K
Wiseguy
but i am still leaving because of sheep like fathersson and people like donmichealcorleone who in rl would never get a smart mouth with anyone IM GONE! its not worth talking about a wonderful movie with Instigaters.

Re: questions #17853
09/20/04 05:51 PM
09/20/04 05:51 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Hey folks, I think this may be another board member posting under another name. wink

AS always, we should never put down another poster, But in this case I think it would be more then fair to say. Hit the road jackoff, and don't come back no more no more.....You were looking for trouble from the very start and no one here needs you or your crap. No matter what name you care to post under. lol
GET A LIFE.
NOW YOU KNOW WHY YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS! lol

Sheep hu...you are so funny- LOSER!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull