GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, furio_from_naples), 529 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,982
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,710
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,499
Posts1,062,033
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138472
12/08/05 01:01 PM
12/08/05 01:01 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

There is a lot going around today about whether or not the air marshalls acted too quickly in shooting the guy in Miami yesterday. I say they did the right thing. He was carrying a back pack on the front of his body. He said he had a bomb in it. They directed him to put the back pack down and to get on the floor. He disobeyed this order and he started walking toward him. In this day and age they had no choice but to shoot. If the guy had a bomb and it had gone off, killing lord knows how many (his was on a jetway where there are gas trucks below, near enought to the plane which was loaded with fuel, and parked near other planes and the terminal) lots of people, me included would be complaining that we are not doing enough to stop terrorists, that we are unprepared etc. Bottom line, you dont get on a plane and say you have a bomb. Better yet, if you are "chemically unbalanced" and you haven't taken your meds that day, take another flight on another day.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138473
12/08/05 01:41 PM
12/08/05 01:41 PM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline
Made Member
Eustachius Brown  Offline
E
Made Member
Ironically enough, he had just returned from a missionary trip

RIP

Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138474
12/08/05 01:45 PM
12/08/05 01:45 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Was it "suicide by cop" by any chance?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138475
12/08/05 02:25 PM
12/08/05 02:25 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
He was carrying a back pack on the front of his body. He said he had a bomb in it.
Are you sure about that? I just heard from an eye witness (on the plane) that he did have a backpack on, but a fanny pack was in the front. And this witness never heard the word "bomb". In fact, law enforcement actually seemed to pressure the passengers by saying, "are you SURE you never heard the word 'bomb'?"

And why aren't they telling us what actually WAS in the backpack? Certainly it wasn't a bomb. How would he get thru security with a bomb in his carry-on?

I don't know all the details, but it seemed he freaked out for whatever reason - his wife (a widow, now) said he was without his bipolar meds.

I know the air marshalls had a split-second decision to make, but he was off the plane when he was shot (to death), so therefore not a threat to the flight itself any more.

And the treatment of the other passengers as criminal suspects is inexcusable.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138476
12/08/05 03:38 PM
12/08/05 03:38 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by dontomasso:
[b]He was carrying a back pack on the front of his body. He said he had a bomb in it.
Are you sure about that? I just heard from an eye witness (on the plane) that he did have a backpack on, but a fanny pack was in the front. And this witness never heard the word "bomb". In fact, law enforcement actually seemed to pressure the passengers by saying, "are you SURE you never heard the word 'bomb'?"

And why aren't they telling us what actually WAS in the backpack? Certainly it wasn't a bomb. How would he get thru security with a bomb in his carry-on?

I don't know all the details, but it seemed he freaked out for whatever reason - his wife (a widow, now) said he was without his bipolar meds.

I know the air marshalls had a split-second decision to make, but he was off the plane when he was shot (to death), so therefore not a threat to the flight itself any more.

And the treatment of the other passengers as criminal suspects is inexcusable. [/b][/quote]Well, we can never be sure of anything these days. I have now read conflicting reports about who said what. There is one report that the only people who heard the word "bomb" were the shooters, but there is another report that says other passengers have now come forward to say that they heard the word "bomb" as well. With distrust of the government so high it would be something if no one else heard that word.

I do understand there was no bomb.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138477
12/08/05 05:10 PM
12/08/05 05:10 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Wow!! I didn't hear anything about the possibility of no bomb. When I heard it yesterday, it sounded reasonable, if it went down like it was reported. Anyone running from authorities saying they have a bomb, should expect the consequences. However, if he didn't make a threat, that may be a whole other story.

It's hard to tell. I also have heard many in the legal professions proclaim that eyewitnesses are not necessarily reliable, because several eyewitnesses can see several different things.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138478
12/08/05 05:21 PM
12/08/05 05:21 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
We're talking about a split second to make a decision. Say the Air Marshall or another cop wasn't sure of hearing the word "bomb" and decided notto shoot. And then a bomb went off - then where would we be? A bunch of dead and injured people with the bomb going off vs. one dead guy who, it turns out, didn't have a bomb.

I don't have a problem with what happened - if this guy forgot to take his meds, I'm sorry for his family. But common sense would dictate don't talk about a bomb inside or near a plane and don't run from the police after such talk.

Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138479
12/08/05 05:39 PM
12/08/05 05:39 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
You tell an official you have a bomb, you deserve the bullet.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138480
12/08/05 06:34 PM
12/08/05 06:34 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
Yeah, he was shot because he was uncooperative. That's about it. And he was a minority. I'm sure if he was white they would have beat the shit of him, not put bullets in his head.

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006

Double-J: may you serve us better from above, smile on from heaven

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138481
12/08/05 07:21 PM
12/08/05 07:21 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Johnny:
Yeah, he was shot because he was uncooperative. That's about it. And he was a minority. I'm sure if he was white they would have beat the shit of him, not put bullets in his head.
Yes, you must really be onto something here!!! In the middle of all that panic and screaming, the Air Marshall must have paused for a moment and asked himself :"Is he a minority or a white? Let me see what race he is and then I'll decided if I should shoot him or just beat him." :rolleyes: Give us a break.

I don't think that race played a part in this shooting whatsoever.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138482
12/08/05 07:42 PM
12/08/05 07:42 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
I figure the thought of "Dark skin, must be an Arab terrorist." must have entered their heads

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006

Double-J: may you serve us better from above, smile on from heaven

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138483
12/09/05 02:05 PM
12/09/05 02:05 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
if he didn't yell bomb on the plane then there should be some serious discussion about whether or not the air marshall's descision was the appropriate one. but im going out on a limb here, and im gonna say that not many people sitting near the guy heard it, in which case..what does everyone think should happen?

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138484
12/09/05 02:13 PM
12/09/05 02:13 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I'll not second guess the officer...I wasn't there. But the bottom line, to me anyway, is that if this guy had even a remote chance of uttering something with "bomb" in it in an air terminal -- on or off his meds -- then family members should've either kept him at home or alerted the right people from the get-go.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138485
12/09/05 02:43 PM
12/09/05 02:43 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
I'll not second guess the officer...I wasn't there. But the bottom line, to me anyway, is that if this guy had even a remote chance of uttering something with "bomb" in it in an air terminal -- on or off his meds -- then family members should've either kept him at home or alerted the right people from the get-go.
I agree with you snake. But before you know it Sharpton Jackson and the ACLU will be screaming about this.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Air Marshalls Were Right To Shoot #138486
12/09/05 06:37 PM
12/09/05 06:37 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Oh, no doubt, D.S., no doubt!

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull