GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 717 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,490
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,531
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,444
Posts1,061,055
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127091
09/05/05 02:41 AM
09/05/05 02:41 AM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline OP
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline OP
Underboss
http://moronland.com/media.php?type=2&name=Kanye%20West%20-%20Bush%20Attacking

That's priceless. Just look at everyone's reaction. This is what happens when we let rapper's attempt to be political.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127092
09/05/05 02:58 AM
09/05/05 02:58 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
What an idiot. BTW he a lousy rapper.

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127093
09/05/05 08:17 AM
09/05/05 08:17 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Mike Myers' reaction was hilarious.

But he took it to the wrong venue. That wasn't the time nor the place.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127094
09/05/05 10:48 AM
09/05/05 10:48 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
What an idiot. BTW he a lousy rapper.
He may be an idiot, but he's far from a lousy rapper. He's probably the best one around right now, actually.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127095
09/05/05 11:09 AM
09/05/05 11:09 AM
Boondock Offline
Wiseguy
Boondock  Offline
Wiseguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
[quote]Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
[b] What an idiot. BTW he a lousy rapper.
He may be an idiot, but he's far from a lousy rapper. He's probably the best one around right now, actually. [/b][/quote]agreed. he's a good artist. but judging from this video he seems to be a pretty big moron.

Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127096
09/05/05 12:18 PM
09/05/05 12:18 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Good stuff.

He's gotta pretty-up the words. Make them sound somewhat professional before he delivers a message like, "George Bush doesn't care about black people". Either way, wow!

I know Mike Myers, but who's the rapper?

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127097
09/05/05 02:22 PM
09/05/05 02:22 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Would someone plese tell me why some people have to start trouble? What purpose did it serve for him to say shit like that? :rolleyes:

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127098
09/05/05 02:26 PM
09/05/05 02:26 PM
Underboss
Underboss
The bit about "going out there and shooting people" wasn't very credible either. I enjoy his unconfident studders, constant pauses, and nervous twitches.

But Mike Meyers' overall reaction, along with Chris Tuckers (especially since he is black himself), were great.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127099
09/05/05 06:56 PM
09/05/05 06:56 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
How to end your career - by Tanye West. Wow, what a dope.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127100
09/05/05 07:17 PM
09/05/05 07:17 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
Unfortunately the majority of his fan base will probably be person who may somewhat agree with what he said. This may do just the opposite and have them all buy more of his cd's.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127101
09/05/05 07:55 PM
09/05/05 07:55 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
[quote]Originally posted by MaryCas:
[b] How to end your career - by Tanye West. Wow, what a dope.
Unfortunately the majority of his fan base will probably be person who may somewhat agree with what he said. This may do just the opposite and have them all buy more of his cd's. [/b][/quote]Yeah I hear that. On another board I'm on this individual was staing that he was going to go and buy this individuals new album, even though he doesn't care for rap. He was going to just because as this guy put it. This rapper had the guts to speak out. :rolleyes:

Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127102
09/05/05 08:11 PM
09/05/05 08:11 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

GUTS? the guy was shaking

He is complaining about people "Stealing" yet what he did was steal TIME. That was time donated or bought by the organization to raise money and he stole it to put his political message out there :rolleyes:

All this does is start needless rumors and thoughts in people's heads.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127103
09/05/05 08:27 PM
09/05/05 08:27 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Guts? What are they gonna do to him? Slap him on the wrist? Anti-Bush comments are so common it doesn't take anything other then a mouth.

I'm not a fan, but I respect West for his rap, which is different from the average drawl, but I think his comment was inappropriate and ignorant. If the hurricane hit Connecticut rather then New Orleans it wouldn't be the same situation.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127104
09/05/05 09:50 PM
09/05/05 09:50 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
The funny thing is, if Mike Myers would have said "Al Sharpton hates white people!" He would be labeled a racist. This is one fucked up world we live in.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127105
09/05/05 09:57 PM
09/05/05 09:57 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Would someone plese tell me why some people have to start trouble? What purpose did it serve for him to say shit like that? :rolleyes:
Because most of the time, people who do things like this when it is not called for are really hateful racists themselves.

This was not a matter of black or white, hispanic or jewish, african american or latino. This was just a horrible disaster that took place and affected a lot of poverty stricken people. Rappers like this one, good singer or not, are what make others label rap music bad music.
They start racist shit, the shoot each other, they sing about shooting cops, call woman bitches, etc. And then they want to be looked upon with respect. :rolleyes:

Now if you go around singing about killing cops, abusing woman, shooting your competition, etc, then how the hell do you expect people to respect you and take you seriously when you step out and try to make a political statement?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127106
09/05/05 11:29 PM
09/05/05 11:29 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
If anything, It'll only help his career. As it is, his fan-base is made up of bush-haters and those who just don't follow politics. I just don't think rap appeals to a great number of Bush-supporters.

Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127107
09/06/05 07:00 AM
09/06/05 07:00 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[quote]Originally posted by MaryCas:
If anything, It'll only help his career. As it is, his fan-base is made up of bush-haters and those who just don't follow politics. I just don't think rap appeals to a great number of Bush-supporters. [/b][/quote]Being a Bush supporter has nothing to do with what this moran said and did! :rolleyes:

This idiot exploited a situation where the sentiment was for helping people who were in a dire and desperate position. It was supposed to be a unified event, no matter what one's political views were, which would help raise money to help fellow human beings. It was not the time nor the place to be used as a political soapbox in voicing his politicaly racist views.

And anyone who jump on his racist bandwagon only because they hate Bush, is IMO ignorant and blind as to what is really at stake here.

Does that mean those in Congress or The Senate who dislike and oppose The President's views should not vote provide assistance to these people because The President that they dislike asks for it?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Gather 'Round to See the Moron #127108
09/06/05 02:12 PM
09/06/05 02:12 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by MaryCas:
If anything, It'll only help his career. As it is, his fan-base is made up of bush-haters and those who just don't follow politics. I just don't think rap appeals to a great number of Bush-supporters. [/b][/quote]Being a Bush supporter has nothing to do with what this moran said and did! :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]I didn't say it did. I simply said it wouldn't hurt his career, because his fans--for the most part--don't care for or about Bush, and couldn't care less what he says about Bush (whether it be an intelligent or unintelligent comment). If his fans actually gave a damn, his career would be tarnished.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull