GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Havana), 661 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,782
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,345
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,549
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123291
08/10/05 02:42 PM
08/10/05 02:42 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
LOS ANGELES (August 10) - The Rolling Stones, not exactly a band at the forefront of rock 'n' roll activism, are taking aim at the American right with a new song on their upcoming album, according to Newsweek magazine.

The track, "Sweet Neo Con," boasts the line, "You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/You call yourself a patriot, well I think you're full of s---," according to the weekly newsmagazine.

"It is direct," singer Mick Jagger was quoted as saying, adding that his collaborator, Keith Richards, was "a bit worried" about a backlash because the guitarist lives in the United States and Jagger does not.

"Sweet Neo Con" is one of 16 tracks featured on the Stones' new album, "A Bigger Bang," which comes out in the United States on Sept. 6, and a day earlier internationally. It was not featured on a 12-track advance CD circulated to critics. The group's publicist was traveling and not able to confirm the quoted lyrics or provide the complete lyrics.

The band is currently rehearsing in Toronto ahead of a world tour that begins on Aug. 21 in Boston.

In their 43-year career, the Stones have observed political developments in songs like 1968's "Street Fighting Man," but have generally avoided taking sides. Notable exceptions included the 1983 single "Undercover (of the Night)," about civil rights abuse in Latin America, and 1991's Gulf War-related track "Highwire."

Steve Earle
'Rich Man's War'
"Rollin' into Baghdad wonderin’ how he got this far; Just another poor boy off to fight a rich man’s war."
Bruce
Springsteen
'Lonesome Day'
"Better ask questions before you shoot. Deceit and betrayals, bitter fruit."

John Fogerty
'Deja Vu'
"Day after day, another momma's crying. She's lost her precious child to a war that has no end."

Green Day
'American Idiot'
"Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media. Information age of hysteria, it's calling out to idiot America." | Watch

Nine Inch Nails
'Hand that Feeds'
"What if this whole crusade's a charade and behind it all there's a price to be paid for the blood on which we dine. Justified in the name of the holy and the divine."
System of a Down - 'BYOB'
Why don't presidents fight the war? Why do they always send the poor?" | Watch

Dave Matthews
'Everybody Wake...'
"Out finest hour arrives. See the pig dressed in his finest fine. The believers stand behind him and smile as the day lights up with fire."

Pearl Jam
'Bushleaguer'
"Swinging for the fence, got lucky with his strike; Drilling for fear, makes the job simple; Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
-----------
Good stuff. I love how singers can express themselves like this and don't care who they might piss off. I will definetly need to check out that song.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123292
08/10/05 02:44 PM
08/10/05 02:44 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
I like it, like it, YES I DO!

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123293
08/10/05 02:58 PM
08/10/05 02:58 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Now that I think about it, that's true. They never have been very political, even back in the day. It is hard to hold back politically these days, and I imagine they are "coming out" so to speak.

Thanks Patrick! I didn't know about this song. I'm a big Stones fan anyway and I look forward to hearing that cut and the entire album.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123294
08/10/05 03:18 PM
08/10/05 03:18 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
A friend at my workplace complained about the "liberal" Rockers or Rappers awhile back. Not that I care about the topic, but then I asked him what he thought about the "conservative" country music singers?

You know what he said? "You're right!"

Speaking of which, I rewatched that one rerun of SOUTH PARK weeks back which piss-slapped at those tacky all-American country music singing hacks....in the funny chariacture of Tobey Keith.

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123295
08/10/05 04:34 PM
08/10/05 04:34 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Why do the Stones think that anyone cares about what they sing about anymore?

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123296
08/10/05 04:37 PM
08/10/05 04:37 PM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline
Made Member
Eustachius Brown  Offline
E
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Why do the Stones think that anyone cares about what they sing about anymore?

DS
Because they're the Rolling Stones man. One of the greteast Rock and Roll groups in history. They're living legends man. They've been around since the beginning and they're still at it after more than forty years.

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123297
08/10/05 05:47 PM
08/10/05 05:47 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I believe that this group has the right to express their feeling through music. No question.

But what bothers me about Jagger is that back in 2004, during the presidential race, he was asked for his opinion about the current state of affairs with the war, and how he felt about the American governemnt. And do you know what his reply was? He replied that he loved the American Governement and would never speak out against either party because he made his fame and living from America and he loves the country. He said that he would not speak out against any President of America. He loved this country too much.

I remember that interview very well, and at the time, I thought that he was a decent and smart man not to get involved in the political hupla

Now I think that he is a hypocritical lying piece of shit!

I also think that the old man had too much wine .

But seriously I think that this is really just a PR ploy to create controversy around this song and we all know what that leads to, right. BIGGER SALES, more $$$$$$$$!

All he is doing is exploiting our political system for his own personal gain.$$$$$$$$

And BTW, I love The Stones Music.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123298
08/10/05 06:19 PM
08/10/05 06:19 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I know
It's only rock and roll
And I like it, I like it
Yes I do.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123299
08/10/05 06:38 PM
08/10/05 06:38 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Maybe I'm not the right sort of person for this remark I'll make, but why do we over-react in general to statements made by celebrities?

Remember this addage from MAD Magazine: "If you're rich, you are ECCENTRIC. If you are poor, you're CRAZY!"

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123300
08/10/05 06:58 PM
08/10/05 06:58 PM
Davis, CA
beatlewho01-02 Offline
Capo
beatlewho01-02  Offline
Capo
Davis, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I believe that this group has the right to express their feeling through music. No question.

But what bothers me about Jagger is that back in 2004, during the presidential race, he was asked for his opinion about the current state of affairs with the war, and how he felt about the American governemnt. And do you know what his reply was? He replied that he loved the American Governement and would never speak out against either party because he made his fame and living from America and he loves the country. He said that he would not speak out against any President of America. He loved this country too much.

I remember that interview very well, and at the time, I thought that he was a decent and smart man not to get involved in the political hupla

Now I think that he is a hypocritical lying piece of shit!

I also think that the old man had too much wine .

But seriously I think that this is really just a PR ploy to create controversy around this song and we all know what that leads to, right. BIGGER SALES, more $$$$$$$$!

All he is doing is exploiting our political system for his own personal gain.$$$$$$$$

And BTW, I love The Stones Music.

Don Cardi
Actually, the song was written by Keith Richards, if I am correct. Jagger said Richards was scared of backlash from the song because he lives in the States. Jagger still doesn't care. That's what was said in Newsweek.

I'm posting on my blog again-

http://www.blogomonster.com/thesane1
Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123301
08/10/05 07:10 PM
08/10/05 07:10 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Besides, the Rolling Stones are among the elite "Cool" living people in my book. Beyond MENTOS(TM) cool, they are....hell if I know the right analogy, but dammit they earned my respect.

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123302
08/10/05 07:11 PM
08/10/05 07:11 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
Jagger still doesn't care. That's what was said in Newsweek.
And I heard him speak differently on radio yesterday. Both he and Richards.

But again, no big deal. Look at who and where this is coming from. Do you think that anyone with the least amount of intelligence really places much merit on a old burnt out drug addict's opinion? :rolleyes:

Great Band, Great Music, Great History. I've always loved theeir stuff. But I don't appreciate the hypocricy that has been shown here by these guys.

It's your typical Make money in America, We love you! Great country. Make some more money in America, Love them more, We're rich, F**K America now!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123303
08/10/05 07:16 PM
08/10/05 07:16 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Ahh Don Cardi, but my question that now arises is this: Would you say such a comment as what you just posted if Jagger and Richards had uttered an opinion that YOU agree to?

That is the $20 question.

Anyway, its like when some people get made over what some Hollywood actors say or whatever. Do I care about their viewpoints on Foreign Relations or International commerce? NO!

The only thing I care about them, like musicians of all sorts, is their professional trade craft, as in MOVIES for the actors.

Then again, the mocking of such actors was damn humorous in TEAM AMERICA.

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123304
08/10/05 07:24 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I remember the same thing happened when the Dixie Chicks spoke out against the President. People were throwing away their cd's. Anything for publicity. :rolleyes: :p

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123305
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Ahh Don Cardi, but my question that now arises is this: Would you say such a comment as what you just posted if Jagger and Richards had uttered an opinion that YOU agree to?

That is the $20 question.

no Ronnie, that is NOT the $20 question.

If you go back and read ALL of my posts, you will UNDERSTAND that I am annoyed at the contradiction of saying one thing several months ago, and then saying this in their song now! If you read very carefully, then maybe you will understand exactly what I am actually displeased with. The first line that I posted is that they are entitled to sing about thier feelings. But they shouldn't contradict themselves.

It's called being a Hypocrite.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123306
08/10/05 07:28 PM
08/10/05 07:28 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Hey DC, calm down man, and you are right...it WAS the $30 question before I pocketed 10 bucks for myself.

Anyway, I wrote that post as a response to this statement of yours:

"But again, no big deal. Look at who and where this is coming from. Do you think that anyone with the least amount of intelligence really places much merit on a old burnt out drug addict's opinion? "

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123307
08/10/05 08:21 PM
08/10/05 08:21 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I didn't hear Jagger speak during the last election season, nor did I ever know his politics. No doubt they'll make money and maybe that's there motive. Hypocrite? I don't know.

However, maybe he's simply fed up, like many, and tired of keeping quiet politically. Don't forget, he may not have cared about American politics in the past, but now his country IS affected by our politics as well, with the UK being our closest (and only) ally. Sometimes I think we tend to forget that England is at war with us. But, that's a different topic.

But all that aside, for crying out loud, it's only a song. Who knows, maybe it'll be the beginning of a string of protest songs. Those of us who are old enough remember, there was no shortage of them during the Viet Nam war, and many ended up expressing exactly how many of us felt.

Just the fact that we are all discussing this right now, only knowing a couple lines from it says a lot. Look at the emotion it's stirred up.

I can't think of any way to end this, so all I'll say is "Go Mick!!!"

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123308
08/10/05 08:38 PM
08/10/05 08:38 PM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline
Made Member
E
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
[b] Jagger still doesn't care. That's what was said in Newsweek.
But again, no big deal. Look at who and where this is coming from. Do you think that anyone with the least amount of intelligence really places much merit on a old burnt out drug addict's opinion? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Hey, I listen to my dad!

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123309
08/10/05 09:07 PM
08/10/05 09:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Who knows, maybe it'll be the beginning of a string of protest songs. Those of us who are old enough remember, there was no shortage of them during the Viet Nam war, and many ended up expressing exactly how many of us felt.

TIS
And you can bring back the tye dye shirts, and the magic mushrooms, and the peace signs, and the bell bottoms, and the head bands. Hey, maybe the Stones will do a Woodstock too! TIS, did they have g-strings back then under their hip hugger jeans? Oh, that's right, they didnt bother wearing any underwear at all! Damn, I was born in the wrong era! Look at what I missed!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123310
08/10/05 09:20 PM
08/10/05 09:20 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
If they decide to start singing songs that express our feelings about the war, then I request that this one be given equal time :

Have You Forgotten
by Darryl Worley

I hear people saying we don't need this war
I say there's some things worth fighting for
What about our freedom and this piece of ground?
We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down
They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start preaching
Let me ask you this my friend

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

They took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it every day
Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And we vowed to get the ones behind Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
And you can bet that they remember
Just what they're fighting for

CHORUS 2
Have you forgotten all the people killed?
Yes, some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
All the loved ones that we lost
And those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?
Have you forgotten?

------------------------------------------------------------

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123311
08/10/05 09:26 PM
08/10/05 09:26 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Eustachius Brown:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
[b] Jagger still doesn't care. That's what was said in Newsweek.
But again, no big deal. Look at who and where this is coming from. Do you think that anyone with the least amount of intelligence really places much merit on a old burnt out drug addict's opinion? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Hey, I listen to my dad! [/b][/quote]stop trolling.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123312
08/10/05 09:28 PM
08/10/05 09:28 PM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline
Made Member
E
Made Member
I'm not trolling.

I don't even know what that is!

Like your picture, though

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123313
08/10/05 09:29 PM
08/10/05 09:29 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Don Cardi, either you, or your parents, were hippies, right?

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123314
08/10/05 09:38 PM
08/10/05 09:38 PM

ok now onto my views of the subject at hand:

Song says bad words about conservatives. Conservatives boycott the CD by putting up ads telling people not to buy it (publicity) Liberals buy the CD because in someway they feel they "stuck it to" conservatives (record sales). Conservatives get mad, liberals feel good, rocker gets richer.

I would have never heard of this CD if it wasn't for that one song.

Also, the country music I listen to is all pro-American and pro-conservative why not put something positive out about their message?

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123315
08/10/05 09:41 PM
08/10/05 09:41 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Dc I love that song. I even downloaded it when it came out.

Don't forget this one:
Courtesy of The Red, White & Blue

American girls and american guys
We'll always stand up and salute
We'll always recognize
When we see old glory flying
There's a lot of men dead
So we can sleep in peace at night
When we lay down our head

My daddy served in the army
Where he lost his right eye
But he flew a flag out in our yard
Until the day that he died
He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me
To grow up and live happy
In the land of the free.

Now this nation that I love
Has fallen under attack
A mighty sucker punch came flying in
From somewhere in the back
Soon as we could see clearly
Through our big black eye
Man, we lit up your world
Like the 4th of july

Hey uncle sam
Put your name at the top of his list
And the statue of liberty
Started shakin her fist
And the eagle will fly
Man, it's gonna be hell
When you hear mother freedom
Start ringin her bell
And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you courtesy of the red white and blue

Justice will be served
And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
When you rattle his cage
And you'll be sorry that you messed with
The u.s. of a.
’cause we’ll put a boot in your ass
It’s the american way

Hey uncle sam
Put your name at the top of his list
And the statue of liberty
Started shakin her fist
And the eagle will fly
Man, it's gonna be hell
When you hear mother freedom
Start ringin her bell
And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you courtesy of the red white and blue

and:

One Last Time-Dusty Drake

When she picked up the telephone
His voice came on the line
She said this can't be happening
And tears fell from her eyes
She said 'What am I supposed to do
I can't handle losing you?'
He said 'I just had to call and say goodbye
One last time'

He said 'There are some things in this life
That are out of our control
Like who we fall in love with
And when it's time to go'

She said 'What about the plans we had'
He said 'This connection's gettin' bad
Now, c'mon baby let me hear you smile
One last time'

She started to apologize for
All the things that she'd done wrong
She said 'I would've loved you better
If only I'd known'

He said 'You were the perfect wife
Promise me you'll gon on with your life'
She says 'The boys won't understand'
He says 'Tell them Daddy loves them and Be strong'

He said 'Hon, I've gotta go'
She said 'Don't you dare hang up
There's so many things I need to say
I love you so (much)"

It was almost like she felt him leave
She cried out 'Can you still hear me'
She fell down on the kitchen floor
When the signal died
As the pilot tried to pull out of the dive
One Last ....

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123316
08/10/05 09:47 PM
08/10/05 09:47 PM

I can't even listen to that last song Mig I got it on a cd I bought I listened to it once or twice and just can't anymore

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123317
08/10/05 09:58 PM
08/10/05 09:58 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
First time I heard that song I just cried my eyes out. I had to download that one to when it came out.

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123318
08/10/05 10:41 PM
08/10/05 10:41 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
This is a musician who feels compelled to put his feelings into words and notes. He belongs to a band that, either for profit or out of conviction, wants to record it. Each artist has the right to express themselves and we as the public have the right to not buy it. Don't like, don't buy.

What I'd like to know is why the Stones were passed off as money-hungry hypocrites, but the writers of patriotic songs were not? Was there ever a doubt that they may have jumped on the flag-waving bandwagon to make some money?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123319
08/10/05 10:46 PM
08/10/05 10:46 PM

SB- they are being called hypocrits because they said a while ago they wouldn't get involved in politics and now they did. As for part two, I think patriotic songs send a positive message where as these send a negative, that was my only comparison. (it has nothing to do with right, left, pro-war,anti-war,patriotic unpatriotic, one song says "USA is the Best" the other says "You conservatives are full of shit" one is positive one is negative)

They can do whatever they want to try and make money, but I would bet my life that tons of people will go out and buy the entire cd just to hear those 4 lines. That to me is being exploited rather than supportive.

edit: maybe "Send a positive message" is not the term I want to use but one line is said in a complimentary way where as another is said in a deragatory (I can't spell) way.

Re: Stones Jab at 'Hypocrite' Patriots in New Song #123320
08/10/05 10:50 PM
08/10/05 10:50 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I just think that when one takes a stance that may be contentious, motive becomes suspect. If Mick said that he wouldn't get involved in politics or take sides, and they had then recorded a patriotic song, would anyone be calling them hypocrites? Or money hungry? I think that the side they took definitely influences opinions.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull