GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TheKillingJoke, Liggio), 522 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,523
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,397
Posts1,060,122
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Leaving home... I really dont know what to think anymore #123235
08/09/05 03:22 PM
08/09/05 03:22 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline OP
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline OP
Underboss
New York
Two months ago, there was nothing I wanted more then to go to college, leave my home, and get out of this boring town. But now that I am leaving in two weeks, I cant help but realize how much I will probably miss this place. As scary as it is to be living in Albany, the prospect of leaving my friends and family is even scarrier. Today I actually found myself getting emotional for the first time in years, and I realized how many great memories I have of this small town in the middle of nowhere. I am still excited to leave, but I cant help but sadden during this crazy time in my life.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Leaving home... I really dont know what to think anymore #123236
08/09/05 03:28 PM
08/09/05 03:28 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Ragg,

My daughter was a real 'homer'. She went to Villanova - 130 mile trip and she loved. Albany is a shorter trip, so think of coming home every two or three weeks (if you need to). Mom and Dad can also make the trip to take you out to dinner on a Sunday afternoon :p . A lot depends on the people you meet. If you're not leaving a girlfriend behind that will make it easier too. It's a very personal thing. Enjoy and soak it all up.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Leaving home... I really dont know what to think anymore #123237
08/09/05 03:35 PM
08/09/05 03:35 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I agree with MaryCas, enjoy it as much as you can! I went to a college in Corpus Christi, tx which is about 4 hours away from my home in Austin. Talk about being home sick. I transfered my Sophomore year to a college that was only 1 hour away. In the 3 years that I was at that college I think I only stayed up in school for the entire weekend ONCE! I would go home every weekend and loved it! It was always the highlight of my week. Are you going to the University at Albany or where? I know it can be scary at first but make some friends and stick with your schoolwork, it'll all go by so fast you won't have time to catch your breathe

Re: Leaving home... I really dont know what to think anymore #123238
08/09/05 03:36 PM
08/09/05 03:36 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
rb -

You sound like you're out of the movie "American Grafitti" (the Richard Dreyfuss part).

Like MaryCas said, "enjoy". You'll make new memories now.

Re: Leaving home... I really dont know what to think anymore #123239
08/09/05 03:44 PM
08/09/05 03:44 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
RB, I couldn't give you advice from experience, as I've yet to be in this situation, but I wish you good luck, and I hope you can find a way to enjoy the new things you are beginning and also remember and visit your family and friends at home.

My family always talks about wanting to move, but I love it here - if I were born elsewhere, I'm sure I'd love it there, too. It's not so much the place itself but the feeling of "home" that it gives you, and the people you'd leave behind. But, there's so much more to experience, and I guess sometimes you just have to try new things and be optimistic about how it could change you. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Re: Leaving home... I really dont know what to think anymore #123240
08/10/05 02:44 AM
08/10/05 02:44 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Ruggingbull, I agree with what everyone already said. I just would add that sadness is part of the growing process, or, better, of life. You always have to leave something behind you in order to achieve something new, different, something enriching you as a human being. You definitely are not loosing your affects, at least the real ones, and you are most definitely going to have more experiences, meet new people, know more places and things. With all difficulties it may imply, this will test your adaptation capabilities, something you are going to verify quite often in your life. In other words, you are going to become an adult! I know it's scary, but it's exciting too. Plus, we are here to support you whenever you want, my friend.

Hugs and kisses,
Lavi

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Leaving home... I really dont know what to think anymore #123241
08/10/05 02:55 AM
08/10/05 02:55 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Change can be very scary sometimes - and I know it was for me when I started college, and that was only an hour away! But luckily I stayed in a dorm my first year, and quickly made friends there and I had a blast! I was never really that homesick again. Good luck to you - I know you'll do just fine!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Leaving home... I really dont know what to think anymore #123242
08/10/05 09:07 AM
08/10/05 09:07 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I never lived "by myself" until two years ago. I married at twenty-two, had kids and later divorced. It wasn't until many years later, after my divorce and girls married that I was totally alone. It's a new experience for me and there is a certain sense of independence that is very appealing, yet I know as far away as they are, my family is always my family and we remain close.

It's all a part of life RB. While it'll never be the same again, in terms of living back home, but the memories will be with you forever.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Leaving home... I really dont know what to think anymore #123243
08/10/05 10:55 AM
08/10/05 10:55 AM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
I'm leaving for college in two weeks also. I'm going to Penn State (main), which is about 3 hours away. I cannot wait. In fact, I wish that I was there now. Three of my best friends have been there for the summer taking classes. I went up to visit them for the weekend... it was the best weekend of my summer (so far).

RB, I doubt you'll be missing home when your at some crazy party, hooking up with some hot college chick!

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull