GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, 1 invisible), 717 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,537
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,532
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,453
Posts1,061,209
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119023
07/16/05 02:03 PM
07/16/05 02:03 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline OP
Underboss
Snake  Offline OP
Underboss
State Asylum
Not wanting to elicit any sympathy here, but I had quite an experience yesterday. A woman was turning left through a line of backed up-traffic through a small opening a couple of good-intentioning motorists opened for her. I was in the open far right lane traveling the speed limit. She proceeds forward and didn't see me, clipped the front driver's side of my car which sent me careening into a light pole. The air bags deployed, fairly knocking my head off. I was unable to move for a good 4 minutes (dazed and almost unconscious).

Here's the killer: The woman proceeded to park her car in the lot of the business, got out, and went directly inside the place to take care of her business!! As I sat dazed and tring to regain my senses, a lady comes up to the car asking, "Sir, are you all right?" I'm thinking it's the one who hit me, but noooo: it was one of the women who worked inside of the business!! This careless, insensitive bitch did not even come to check on me...and it was totally her fault (she was cited for improper left turn and 2 vehicle violations...I was not cited)!! I finally was able to stumble into this business -- where 4 or 5 people were milling about -- and STILL did not know who hit me! Only when the paramedics arrived and were asking me questions did I find the culprit. They were asking me if I was alone in the accident. Only then does this subhuman-woman turn around, hand on hip as if she were indignant because they did not immediately check on her (she had not even been injured) , and say, rather curtly, "No! I was in the accident, too!"

I'm sore as the devil and banged up, but otherwise O.K. (save for a couple of alarming things they discovered in my x-rays which were unrelated to the accident, but I won't bore y'all with that).

But my question is, How have we gotten to a point of such insensitivity and callousness? I would have immediately ran to the other car and checked on them even if I had been the one at fault! After thinking about it later, I figured she was going to drive in there, do her business, and leave the scene in hopes that no one would know! My God, I could've been in that car with my head decapitated and lying on the floorboard, and she wouldn't have known...or cared! It truly makes me cynical of humanity. The only thing that prevents me from becoming a hermit and moving deep into a wilderness was the nice lady who DID care. God bless her! I suppose there's always that balance in our world, but I grow more and more bitter everyday about such things occurring (and not just to myself). I suppose it's just another biblical prophecy showing fulfillment. The Messiah Himself said that in the latter days, "The love of many shall wax cold." And I believe that woman yesterday is one of the coldest I've ever run across.

Thanks for listening to me play my sad violin, y'all.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119024
07/16/05 02:11 PM
07/16/05 02:11 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Oh, believe me, you haven't lived until you have an 87 year old man make a U-turn across 5 lanes of highway traffic and nail you full-on in the right rear quarterpanel, sending you into oncoming traffic, all while being 16 and with a learners permit. Gosh, that is exciting...

Did she have insurance? It seems weird she'd just go into the store (or whatever). Get every penny you can, my friend.

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119025
07/16/05 02:12 PM
07/16/05 02:12 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Techniaclly she DID leave the scene of the accident. You should tell both your insurance company and the police that you want EXACTLY what she did and what happened put into the report.

Glad to hear that you are ok Snake. Could have been much worse on you. But thankfully it wasn't.

I often wonder myself from time to time what is really wrong with some people. I think that many people in this world have gotten so caught up in their busy lives that they have forgotten about common decency and courtesy.

But look at the postive side of the event; that bitch may have gone about her business, but to offset her selfishness another woman who was inside had the courtesy and cared enough to leave what she was doing to come over to you to make sure that you are ok. So in essence there WAS a show of decency when it came down to it. For the most part I think that most people still have morals and care about others.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119026
07/16/05 02:14 PM
07/16/05 02:14 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
That sucks, Snake! But at least you're okay, that's the most important thing! That scumbag will get hers one of these days, don't worry. (Where's Iceman? I got a job for him! )

I still mostly have faith in humanity, however. But there are still plenty of assholes out there.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119027
07/16/05 02:22 PM
07/16/05 02:22 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline OP
Underboss
Snake  Offline OP
Underboss
State Asylum
Thanks for the encouragement, fellas. Yes, she had insurance but I'm still contemplating contacting an attorney. I'm not the suing type and I'm certainly not going to make up any false injuries (as happened to us once when both my wife and the ass-wipe who hit her were cited). I probably would not have even considered an attorney except for the way she responded...or, more accurately, DIDN'T respond.

Anyway, thanks again. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to the medicine cabinet and down some more of those cute, little white pills that make me see dancing pandas!

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119028
07/16/05 03:01 PM
07/16/05 03:01 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Poor Snake. I hope you are feeling better now.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119029
07/16/05 03:24 PM
07/16/05 03:24 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Absolutely confer with an attorney. They won't charge you a penny, but will want a hefty portion of any settlement.

Glad you're ok (what other things? you have me worried), but what a horrible thing! People are amazing, but as was said here, you did get to see the other side of humanity, when the nice person came over to check on you. Make sure you rest up, as the aches and pains take a day or so to fully emerge.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119030
07/16/05 03:42 PM
07/16/05 03:42 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
But my question is, How have we gotten to a point of such insensitivity and callousness?
Either 1 of 2 things: 1)That's a true southerner or 2)Women shouldn't be allowed to drive But seriously, I'm glad to hear that it wasn't worse. The world has grown that way as I've noticed too. It's getting worse and worse and will only continue to grow worse and worse. I (sarcastically) can't wait to see the shape of the world when I have children and raise them Christian. Heaven knows that'll probably be illegal by then with all the 'seperation of church and state' BS

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119031
07/16/05 03:56 PM
07/16/05 03:56 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Glad to hear you're ok from the accident. I too am concerned about the other things they found in your xray. Maybe the fact that you got the xrays done and they found whatever it is was a good sign. Hopefully everything will turn out fine from that as well.

I think your wife and her homeys should go pay this bitch a lesson and teach her a lesson or two about hospitality and kindness. Right before they body slam her ass.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119032
07/16/05 05:18 PM
07/16/05 05:18 PM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT!

Get a 56 inch hi-def LCD tv and a bunch of other cool crap. Besides you didnt like that car anyway, right?

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119033
07/17/05 12:18 AM
07/17/05 12:18 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Snake, so sorry to hear about this!

I'm very glad to hear you're safe, and I wish you a good recovery (especially with whatever was found in the X-ray).

I just pray that the popular "What goes around, comes around" saying stays true in this situation, and that the villain in this story gets what she deserves. How terrible...it really is amazing that she could have acted so cruel.

But, as many here have said, God bless the nice woman who did check up on you. Here's hoping we can keep people like that in this world.

Take care.

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119034
07/17/05 02:17 AM
07/17/05 02:17 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
This is where I would have taken matters into my own hands.

I would have gotten out and smashed the daylights out of the lady's car. I know this does not put me on a higher level than her, but I would be MAD AS HELL (as I'm sure you were) and would need to see some retribution immediately in order to merely continue to funcion normally. I would not rest easy knowing she "might" get hers later on. Why wait? And who better to deliver it to her than you?

Oh boy, that stings man. I'm sorry. With any luck, she'll be crushed by a meteor in the middle of a field where no one ever goes.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119035
07/17/05 08:29 AM
07/17/05 08:29 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline OP
Underboss
Snake  Offline OP
Underboss
State Asylum
Thanks again,y'all. Like I said, I didn't start this thread to elicit sympathy, but the fact that y'all offered it gives me a little more hope about mankind...and I do appreciate very much your thoughts and concerns.

The other "non-related" issues are probably nothing, and the only reason they concern me is because, as crappy as this world is and as ready as I am to join the next one, I'd kind of like to stick around for my young'uns! But as I said, these matters will probably amount to zilch. At any rate, maybe that's another positive slant on this: had this accident not occurred, I probably never would have known about these other red flags.

Revenge would've been nice! Honestly, I was too banged up and dazed to go off on the lady anyway. But as ginaitaliangirl said, I sincerely believe that what goes around comes around. However, the sad thing about "karma" (or whatever one chooses to call it) is, when it does occur, I've observed most folks don't learn from it.

As I said, I'm not one of these lawsuit-seekers, but with her acting the way she did, I'm highly suspicious. I did put in a call to an attorney who's supposed to get back to me Monday. I'm not looking for a brand new Hummer, HDTV or any of those things (as nice as they would be to have ). I just want the bills stemming from the accident paid, and I'd like this woman to recognize how cold she was (the latter isn't likely to happen, but I can hope).

Anyway, once again, bless you all for your wisdom and concerns.

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119037
07/17/05 09:01 AM
07/17/05 09:01 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline OP
Underboss
Snake  Offline OP
Underboss
State Asylum
I knew I could count on you, Part, to inject a little humor into this thread!

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119039
07/17/05 09:03 AM
07/17/05 09:03 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
This is where I would have taken matters into my own hands.

I would have gotten out and smashed the daylights out of the lady's car. I know this does not put me on a higher level than her, but I would be MAD AS HELL (as I'm sure you were) and would need to see some retribution immediately in order to merely continue to funcion normally. I would not rest easy knowing she "might" get hers later on. Why wait? And who better to deliver it to her than you?

Oh boy, that stings man. I'm sorry. With any luck, she'll be crushed by a meteor in the middle of a field where no one ever goes.

The Doc
Well, that isn't exactly the liberal method, now, is it? I thought you were all against gung-ho, unilateral operations? Why wouldn't you wait for the courts to settle it, clearly they will arbitrate and mediate the proper course! :p

Besides, if Snake would've done that, it pretty much would've gotten him a summons and he'd probably have to pay damages to her, rather than vice versa. And it also kind of shoots down the idea that he was incapacitated or injured by the accident if he's able to run out of the car and pound the shit out of this womans.

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119040
07/17/05 02:45 PM
07/17/05 02:45 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by DonFerro55:
[b] This is where I would have taken matters into my own hands.

The Doc
Well, that isn't exactly the liberal method, now, is it? I thought you were all against gung-ho, unilateral operations? Why wouldn't you wait for the courts to settle it, clearly they will arbitrate and mediate the proper course! :p

Besides, if Snake would've done that, it pretty much would've gotten him a summons and he'd probably have to pay damages to her, rather than vice versa. And it also kind of shoots down the idea that he was incapacitated or injured by the accident if he's able to run out of the car and pound the shit out of this womans.

[/b][/quote]Understandable. As for the Liberal method, in these cases, it often wains.

I'd just need some action in this situation.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119041
07/22/05 10:40 PM
07/22/05 10:40 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline OP
Underboss
Snake  Offline OP
Underboss
State Asylum
UPDATE: Well, the car's been officially totaled now. She's got insurance and I got an attorney. Serious neck sprain which may now be developing a hematoma (sic?), which is basically a pocket of blood that's collected. My neck looks like a golfball is stuck in its side. Needless to say, I'll still have another follow-up and if it is a hematoma, they'll have to slice the sucker open and drain it (yum-yum!).

Otherwise, I'm no worse for the wear. The other 2 things they found to which I alluded were "a nodule on my lung" and "bone degeneration in the neck," neither which are accident related. However, as serious as they sounded initially, the nodule ended up being a "calcified granuloma." That is, I got scarred at some time or another from a respiratory infection or virus. The 'degeneration' is an arthritic-type thing which, for some reason, is found in a lot of Southern folks (must have something to do with our red necks ).

*Sigh* It's been a hellacious week. Anyway, thanks one and all for your thoughts, prayers, and concerns...and advice! But, for better or worse, the ol' Snakester slithers again.

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold #119042
07/23/05 09:34 AM
07/23/05 09:34 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

It sounds like you've had a stressful week. I still say someone should meet that woman in a dark alley and teach her a lesson.

At least your other problems aren't serious. That's easy for someone to say who isn't going through it.

Glad to see the good ole boy Snake is back.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull