GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Havana), 661 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,782
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,345
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,549
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111583
05/20/05 02:37 PM
05/20/05 02:37 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b] THAT is the slap he needs, and the only one that will matter.

Apple
What he needs is a bullet, right between his eyes!

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Not to get too off topic from this thread, but what OBL really needs is to suffer. A bullet is too quick. He needs to suffer. Maybe a few shots to his knees or something in which he'd suffer for days before dying.

The thing about this bastard is that he's a coward. If he believed in Jihad or Allah as much as he claims, he would put his money where his mouth is. In other words, he would be a suicide bomber. But he's a chickenshit coward who finds gullible men & women by perverting a cause in the name of his so-called religion. And that's not meant to be an insult to Islam. What he's doing has nothing to do with Isalm, no matter what OBL says.

Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111584
05/21/05 01:17 PM
05/21/05 01:17 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b] THAT is the slap he needs, and the only one that will matter.

Apple
What he needs is a bullet, right between his eyes!

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Not to get too off topic from this thread, but what OBL really needs is to suffer. A bullet is too quick. He needs to suffer. Maybe a few shots to his knees or something in which he'd suffer for days before dying.

The thing about this bastard is that he's a coward. If he believed in Jihad or Allah as much as he claims, he would put his money where his mouth is. In other words, he would be a suicide bomber. But he's a chickenshit coward who finds gullible men & women by perverting a cause in the name of his so-called religion. And that's not meant to be an insult to Islam. What he's doing has nothing to do with Isalm, no matter what OBL says. [/b][/quote]I have been saying that here for months. OBL is a coward who hides in caves while he tells others to go and kill themselves.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111585
05/21/05 04:14 PM
05/21/05 04:14 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Why let these animals see that they have changed our way of life...
I think that already has happened, as a result of the actual attacks. Look at the increase in airport security, not to mention a colorful system to inform us of our potential fear. The construction of an actual tower is not going to change the way we live our lives on a day-to-day basis... But I'd like to see the Manhattan skyline brought back to its form that has made it famous... So, I say the hell with it. Trump should go ahead, and put his plan into action -- granted he plans on including something to memorialize those lost in the attacks.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111586
05/21/05 06:08 PM
05/21/05 06:08 PM
Davis, CA
beatlewho01-02 Offline
Capo
beatlewho01-02  Offline
Capo
Davis, CA
I don't like the Freedom Tower design. It looks like one of the original towers melted. And Osama will just destroy it again.

I'm posting on my blog again-

http://www.blogomonster.com/thesane1
Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111587
05/24/05 02:28 PM
05/24/05 02:28 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Restoring the site to its former appearance as means of extendng our middle finger to the terrorists should not be the criteria used to determine what the best use of the site should be.

I think that it should be redeveloped into whatever does the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of New Yorkers.

That's the "American Way", and that's the best way to show the terorists that they can't alter our ideals or principles.

Problem is, I'm not sure exactly what the best use of the site would be that would co-exist with some sort of memorial.

What I do know is, though, that there is absolutely no demand in New York City's downtown for two brand new 110 story office towers with I-don't-know-how-many-millions-of-square-feet-of-space.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111588
05/24/05 04:52 PM
05/24/05 04:52 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

What I do know is, though, that there is absolutely no demand in New York City's downtown for two brand new 110 story office towers with I-don't-know-how-many-millions-of-square-feet-of-space.
And may I ask you how you know this? Do you know this for a fact Plaw? If you do I am really interested in learning about this lack of demand.

The reason that the demand may not be there right now is because many of the companies that were affected by the attack on the towers have relocated to New Jersey.

But truthfully speaking, this whole rebuild the towers contest, the design contest, etc. has turned into a disaster! There is definately a whole lot more going on behind the scenes that is being kept from the public! It almost boarderlines some sort of a scandal in that I am really begining to feel that the design contests, etc. were done at the time just to appease those who had lost loved ones there, etc. It's almost like " Hey, lets allow the families some say in this matter right now, but as time goes on, we'll eventually do what we really want to do!" I cannot help feeling this way! How many $$$ were spent in the designing process, the studies, etc. over the last couple of years? A lot of money I am sure! And all of a sudden it is not feasible to build what took almost two years to study and design? ( Not that I like the design ). Who's brother in-law made money from getting some kind of a site study contract in this whole mess? :rolleyes: Not one piece of dirt has been broken on ground zero to rebuild! Almost four years later and nothing! Yet, right across the street, 7 world trade center has been rebuilt and is very close to being finished! The Governor and The Mayor should BOTH be ashamed of themselves for using this whole situation for their own political gain! I don't know if you or anyone else here is aware that right after the attack, the "bathtub" that was built around the WTC was very very close, I mean within inches, of collapsing! THis threat of a collapse was very real! Then miraculously the "bathtub" was secured, and the public was told that it was safe again and no longer in danger of collapsing! Yet, again, here we are almost four years later, and nothing has been done to start the rebuilding of that site, and every excuse in the book has been used as to why the rebuilding efforts have not yet begun! Hmmm, I don't know about you, but it sure makes me wonder!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111589
05/24/05 04:58 PM
05/24/05 04:58 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I have very mixed feelings about this. Being a New Yorker and seeing friends and neighbors living with the losses sustained on that day, it's difficult to be objective. Given the NY economy, I don't know if it can absorb such huge blocks of space. And the reality is, I'm not sure how marketable they would be. Would YOU want to work there?

I, too, would like to show Bin Laden that we weren't beaten that day, but is rebuilding the towers the best way? I think the best way was the way we as a nation reacted on September 12, 2001. We regrouped, we were called to action. We gave unselfishly of our time and our compassion and our money. We waved our flags. We cheered at the sight of fire trucks. We waited patiently while our bags were searched. We sat on bridges while soldiers patrolled with machine guns and mirrors were passed underneath our cars. We sat with friends and held their hands. We gave water and food to those at the recovery site. We did all of those things and THAT was the best answer to Bin Laden. We didn't allow him to crush our spirits.

I've been to Ground Zero many times and I am always amazed at the hush that surrounds the place. It truly is hallowed ground. I'm not sure what it should be in the future. However, as a pragmatist, I know that it's too valuable to just sit there empty.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111590
05/24/05 05:02 PM
05/24/05 05:02 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Very well put Sicilian Babe! Especially from someone who keeps seeing the hole in the ground, day after day! I know that it has really taken it's toll on me to have to go there day after day and see the hole in the sky, and the one in the ground! It just plain SUCKS!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111591
05/24/05 05:09 PM
05/24/05 05:09 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
DC - I know. Since that day, the skyline looks like someone knocked its front teeth out. Although my initial reaction was that someone should rebuild, and bigger and taller, I just am not so sure now. When I visit Ground Zero, I can never get over the quiet, and I wonder if it can ever be that bustling center of commerce again.

Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111592
05/24/05 06:18 PM
05/24/05 06:18 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
And may I ask you how you know this? Do you know this for a fact Plaw? If you do I am really interested in learning about this lack of demand.

The reason that the demand may not be there right now is because many of the companies that were affected by the attack on the towers have relocated to New Jersey.

You seem to be contradicting yourself above.

First you indicate doubt as to whether or not there is a lack of demand, but then allow that there "may" be a lack of demand.

Why this lack of demand exists is not the issue. Yes, many companies moved to New Jersey in the aftermath of 9/11, while others consider occupancy of an office tower built to replace the WTC to be a security risk.

Regardless of the reasons, though, the lack of demand is fact.

Now, How do I know this for a fact?

Laryy Silverstein, the developer and leaseholder of the site, expects to have the replacement building for 7 WTC completed in the next 6-8 months.

52 floors, 1.7 million square feet of office space.

So far, he has yet to sign up his first tenant.

Or, even better, open up the Sunday Times Real Estate Section. Have a look at

a) The dozens of ads for available office space in the Wall Sreet area. By all accounts, vacancy rates are at an unprecedented high. And

b) Look at all the ads for apartments, which are being converted from office space because they can't be rented as offices due to lack of demand.

This is not about patriotism, or "showing" Bin Laden and the terrorists, etc.

This is about making the best economic and social use of the site so that it benefits the greatest number of people, that's all.

I'm merely questioning whether rebuilding the WTC just to "show" Bin Laden is the best use we can make of this site.

Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111593
05/24/05 07:29 PM
05/24/05 07:29 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Thank you Plaw. I was not "challenging" what you said, but I was sincerely looking to find out if there were any facts behind what you said. And you have now told me some things that I was unaware of. Thanks!

I was not really contradicting myself, but I was just giving a follow up to what you had said and used the word MAY in my post because I was not all too familiar with the actual facts. So therefore, not doubting what you said was true, I followed up by saying "The reason that the demand may not be there right now...."

Never doubted you Paul, just wanted you to share the facts with me! Thank you!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111594
05/24/05 07:32 PM
05/24/05 07:32 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Ah. My mistake.

I hearby call myself a "finook."

Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111595
05/24/05 07:33 PM
05/24/05 07:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
This is about making the best economic and social use of the site.
[/QB]
There you go again! Always has to be made a political thing for social reasons! Just kidding Paul, Just kidding!

Seriously though, I get your point.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Donald Trump : "Rebuild Towers!" #111596
05/24/05 10:01 PM
05/24/05 10:01 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Well, I sell and lease office space. I can tell you that there is a glut of office space on the market. Although I don't work in NYC, but in the suburbs, everybody expected this mass exodus from NY in the wake of September 11th. We heard all sorts of talk about companies leaving the city, about data centers being relocated to upstate NY (aka anything north of the Bronx), etc. It never happened. Jersey City and that area absorbed some of the companies, but, by and large, they stayed in Manhattan. I honestly haven't seen a significant office deal in years. There is plenty of office space available, and vacant space sits for months if not years. Even sublet space, which you can pick up for a song, sits if it's a big block. Office space is just not moving, so I can't see how anyone would add millions of square feet to a slow marketplace.

Of course, by the time anything is ever built, God knows how the economy will be.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull