GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Mafia101), 275 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,580
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Life is depressing #105680
04/10/05 05:29 PM
04/10/05 05:29 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Just need to vent...

Does anyone else hate Sundays like me? I mean, I'm having a great day, and I'm still depressed. I got up around 11, took a shower, went to Friendly's with one of my best friends, and then went to King of Prussia with her. I'm even going to see Sin City tonight with some people. Life is great, but then gets shitty. So confused right now.

I haven't even been wanting to post lately. All I've been thinking about is getting a girlfriend. The state is testing the hell out of me at school and just pressuring the shit out of everyone. What the FUCK do they want from us? My honors isn't good enough, so I have to prove myself better or worse. Pennsylvania politicians can suck and choke on a dick. Old people just don't understand. There's even a big article on the cover of the paper this morning about our xanga sites. They're even criticizing them and encouraging parents to monitor their kids online. Give us some fucking privacy. !!!!!

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Life is depressing #105681
04/10/05 05:52 PM
04/10/05 05:52 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Pat,

I know that you and I don't see eye to eye very much, and that we haven't really argued or debated over anything for quite some time now. But when I see you make a post like this one, as a Parent I cannot remain silent! It troubles me to see a young man, such as yourself feeling this way. Yes it is normal for all of us, both young and old, to go through depressing times, to feel down and out at times. But even though we all go through times like this every once in a while, we MUST overcome those feelings. Pat, you musn't feel that life is shit. You are a young man with a future ahead of you. You are a pretty bright kid. Yes, sometimes the pressures of life get us down, but believe it or not, when we get past them, we see that they are not as bad as they seemed at the time we were going through them, and that we have become much stronger for experiencing the bad times in life. When you are going through times like this, and feeling a bit down, it sometimes helps to put things in perspective. Think about the fortunate things that you have in your life, and then look at some of the other young people around the world, people that you yourself have posted about that live in third world countries and are happy to get one measly meal for the day. Those people have every right to feel that life is shit. Yet they perservere! When you sometimes look at those that are less fortunate then yourself, you realize that life is really not that bad for you! You would like to get a girlfriend? Well if you want some girl to like you or be attracted to you, then YOU must first feel good about yourself and your life. Show that you are confident in yourself. Then the girls will be all over you Pat! Again, it is perfectly normal for you to feel like this at times, but the secret is to get over those feelings and live on in life. Pick out the good things and go from there. And the most important thing to remember Pat? It's that when you are feeling down and out, that things are not so great, don't dwell in those sad feelings, don't hold them into yourself. But reach out to someone, a friend, a guidance counsler, or whomever, and let them know how you are feeling. You'll be surprised to find that if you let your fellings known to someone else, you'll begin to feel better about yourself and you'll find that you are not alone in having those negative feelings from time to time. Talk about it with someone Pat, it'll make you feel much better, Hang in there kid, you'll get through it and will be debating again before you know it!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Life is depressing #105682
04/10/05 06:06 PM
04/10/05 06:06 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Pat,
I know exactly how you feel man. I went through quite a long period of that myself in high school. It sucked hard, but it'll end soon enough.

DC's right about the loving yourself thing. Chicks dig confidence.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Life is depressing #105683
04/10/05 06:54 PM
04/10/05 06:54 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

You know what they say...

"You're born cold, wet, and naked. It only get's worse from there".

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Life is depressing #105684
04/10/05 07:03 PM
04/10/05 07:03 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Yeah, they dig confidence, but they hate cockiness. A fine balance which I have no worries over you, Pat, because I can't imagine you being cocky at all. You're far too resentful of humanity to be cocky.

I am still in love (I think; but what is love?) with a girl who is taken. I used to like her, she used to like me; we lost touch and now we're back in touch, as friends only (though I sense that she must feel something, depsite not revealing anything).

Anyway, enough with my problems, of which there are far too many. Life is difficult for an adolescent. Especially a bright one with prospects: pressure, expectations, talks from higher-ups about what to do with life.

It's all bullshit, and they don't seem to see it. I appreciate people are trying to help me get what I want from life, but educationalists are too traditional and patronising in their goddawful ways. I've decided to speak out against my teachers, in public; because I've had words with other students, the less vociferous ones, and they feel the same. And when I start speaking back, I get a real buzz from it. It's great to see a teacher shit himself.

Regarding the love angle, fear not. I've been hit by the thunderbolt too, and it couldn't have come at a worse time: upcoming exams, mounting school pressure, university considerations. The most important part of my academic life right now, and I've gone and fallen in love. Shit.

Holler if ya hear me - through PM if needed.

Regards,
Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Life is depressing #105685
04/10/05 08:58 PM
04/10/05 08:58 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
And to top off this fabolous weekend, I just got in a big fight with my best friend, then I get bitched at by parents! Jesus fucking Christ.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Life is depressing #105686
04/10/05 09:47 PM
04/10/05 09:47 PM
Providence, RI
M
Moscarelli Offline
Capo
Moscarelli  Offline
M
Capo
Providence, RI
Oh, man, I know all to well how your feeling, Pat. I can't, and won't try and make you feel any better, considering I am in a very common situation, but be reassured, your not alone. I, among othes across the globe, know exactly how you feel. What with loves, and grades, and authority, along with everyday stress that all go through. Everyday seems to be worse then the day before, but there are slight moments when all is good. It is confusing, and it does suck large, hairy, sweaty balls that reaks of ass juice, but it's very normal. I could go on and on about my problems but I am sure you have plenty of examples in your own life to look at but its alright...it gets better, or so I've been told.

"The toe you stepped on yesterday may be attached to the ass you have to kiss today."
-Former Mayor of Providence, RI, Vincent "Buddy" Cianci
Re: Life is depressing #105687
04/10/05 10:44 PM
04/10/05 10:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Just need to vent...

Does anyone else hate Sundays like me? I mean, I'm having a great day, and I'm still depressed. I got up around 11, took a shower, went to Friendly's with one of my best friends, and then went to King of Prussia with her. I'm even going to see Sin City tonight with some people. Life is great, but then gets shitty. So confused right now.

Man I wish there was a Friendlys down here in Texas. I make sure everytime I go to New York to swing by there. Personally, they have some of THE BEST ice cream I've ever tasted in my life. As for Sunday's, I never liked them because I knew that I had school the next day. Hope your week goes better for you bro

Re: Life is depressing #105688
04/10/05 10:49 PM
04/10/05 10:49 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Thanks for the replies everyone. I made up with my best friend, so I can only hope that this week goes ok. -Pat

Re: Life is depressing #105689
04/10/05 10:54 PM
04/10/05 10:54 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
Yea I can kinda see what your sayin man. Life at this age is a bitch, and the older generations couldnt possibly understand how much diferent it is this time around. I have found that Highschool life in regards to grades, social life, and romance is a rollercoaster ride with its peaks and valleys. Right now you may be in a valley, but better days are ahead, so dont sweat it.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Life is depressing #105690
04/10/05 11:06 PM
04/10/05 11:06 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Just keep thinking to yourself "Fuck it all". As strange as it sounds you keep thinking that you will get much happier much faster. High School no longer has any importance in your life once you leave that last day, and whats 4 years out of all the rest you have to live?

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Life is depressing #105691
04/10/05 11:47 PM
04/10/05 11:47 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Pretty soon Pat school will be out for the summer then you won't have that pressure. You are still young and there is going to be alot of ups and downs in your life(I've had my fair share)just don't dwell on them for long. I know you will be fine.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Life is depressing #105692
04/11/05 01:04 AM
04/11/05 01:04 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Try listening to a few of these:

Touch of Grey - The Grateful Dead
Obla-di Obla-da - The Beatles
Mr. Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan
Lawyers, Guns and Money - Warren Zevon
Warewolfs of London - Warren Zevon
Hey Jude - The Beatles
Benny and the Jets - Elton John
Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel
Surfin' Bird - The Trashmen
Barbra Ann - The Beach Boys
Up Around The Bend - CCR
Hotel California - The Eagles
Layla - Eric Clapton
Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
Baba O'Riley - The Who

These are just some good songs to listen to and help you feel carefree. These and many others help remind me that living is awesome because there is such good music like this to listen to. They're all feel-good songs too. Enjoy.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Life is depressing #105693
04/11/05 01:10 AM
04/11/05 01:10 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I concur with the Doc in that music (at least for me) can heavily influence my behavior and/or attitude. Whenever I feel bad, I pop in a good comedy (such as The Big Lebowski) or play a nice song

Re: Life is depressing #105694
04/11/05 10:23 PM
04/11/05 10:23 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

I know where you're coming from Pat. I went through depression for almost 5 years, and I didn't think things could get any worse, or any better. Guess what? I'm still here, and I'm no longer depressed. Hang in there buddy!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Life is depressing #105695
04/11/05 10:33 PM
04/11/05 10:33 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
I wouldn't say I'm in full out depression. Just a lot of things happening are depressing and saddening.

Re: Life is depressing #105696
04/11/05 10:34 PM
04/11/05 10:34 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
xxx, thanks man, that's the funniest thing I've seen all day!

Re: Life is depressing #105697
04/12/05 01:26 AM
04/12/05 01:26 AM
Illinois
Lauren8 Offline
Capo
Lauren8  Offline
Capo
Illinois
I like Doc's music list

Pat, I know exactly how you feel, I feel like that all the time. The best thing to do is look at the positive things in life, and focus on that. That's all you can do

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull