GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (m2w), 284 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,817
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,404
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,425
Posts1,060,736
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DE NIRO'S-Fav Albums-What Yours? #103731
03/23/05 08:48 AM
03/23/05 08:48 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Thought i would post a Album of my choice which i recommend to Music lovers,i'll do Past and present.

Lets start off with the greatest Album Music Wise and the most influentual album ever.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band-The Beatles 1967

It is often called one of the most influential rock albums of all time by prominent critics and publications, including Rolling Stone. It was recorded by The Beatles over a 129-day period beginning on December 6, 1966. The album was released on June 1, 1967 in the United Kingdom and on June 2, 1967 in the United States.

One song, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", appears twice in slightly modified forms at the beginning and end, giving an overall theme to the album. In addition, several songs are thematically joined using unusual sound effects during the transitions between songs. Repeating the first song at the end of the entire album helped establish the illusion that the recording was a concert performance by the resident band of the club, which was Paul McCartney's original idea for the record.

Track listing
All songs written by Lennon-McCartney, except where noted.
"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
"With a Little Help from My Friends"
"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"
"Getting Better"
"Fixing a Hole"
"She's Leaving Home"
"Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!"
"Within You Without You" (Harrison)
"When I'm Sixty-Four"
"Lovely Rita"
"Good Morning Good Morning"
"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)"
"A Day in the Life"

This album won many awards
Awards

Grammy Awards Year Winner Award
1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Album Of The Year
1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Best Album Cover, Graphic Arts
1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Best Engineered Recording, Non-Classical
1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Contemporary Album

Grammy Award nominations
Year Nominee Award
1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Group Vocal Performance
1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Contemporary Vocal Group
1967 "A Day in the Life" Best Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s) or Instrumentalist(s)

Last edited by DE NIRO; 01/15/07 09:08 PM.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103732
03/24/05 04:22 AM
03/24/05 04:22 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
This is not an attack so don't take it as such. But let me just say thanks but no thanks. As I hate the beatles with a passion. Although I am a music fan.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103733
03/24/05 07:29 AM
03/24/05 07:29 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Absolutely one of the greatest works in the Beatles huge catalogue of "great works".

You better give credit to whoever wrote the review, though.

We wouldn't want JG to get into trouble for violating copyright laws or anything.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103734
03/24/05 03:59 PM
03/24/05 03:59 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
You better give credit to whoever wrote the review, though.
I noticed that, too. Maybe he used a spell-checker??

Iceman - I didn't think ANYONE "hated The Beatles with a passion"!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103735
03/24/05 08:37 PM
03/24/05 08:37 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I too think this is one of the Beatles' best work. At the time the whole sound was new/different. "Day In The Life" is one of my all time favorite songs. However, for what it's worth, the best Beatle album, in my opinion is the "White" album.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103736
03/24/05 08:53 PM
03/24/05 08:53 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Best album ever.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103737
03/24/05 09:16 PM
03/24/05 09:16 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
Great album but my personal favourites are "revolver", "abbey road" and "rubber soul".

Who's keyzer soze?

How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil. Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles you eunich jelly thou.
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103738
03/25/05 02:28 PM
03/25/05 02:28 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

The Album of the 70's

Bruce Springsteen-Born To Run- Released: September 1975

Born To Run is a magnificent album that pays off on every bet ever placed on Bruce Springsteen -- a '57 Chevy running on melted down Crystals records that shuts down every claim that has been made. And it should crack his future wide open.

The song titles by themselves -- "Thunder Road," "Night," "Backstreets," "Born to Run," "Jungleland" -- suggest the extraordinary dramatic authority that is at the heart of Springsteen's new music. It is the drama that counts; the stories Springsteen is telling are nothing new, though no one has ever told them better or made them matter more. Their familiar romance is half their power: The promise and the threat of the night; the lure of the road; the quest for a chance worth taking and the lust to pay its price; girls glimpsed once at 80 miles and hour and never forgotten; the city streets as the last, permanent American frontier. We know the story: one thousand and one American nights, one long night of fear and love.

Thunder Road
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Night
Backstreets
Born To Run
She's The One
Meeting Across The River
Jungleland

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103739
03/27/05 12:03 PM
03/27/05 12:03 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

One of the Albums of the - 1993

Liam Gallagher (vocals);
Noel Gallagher (guitar, background vocals); Paul Arthurs (guitar);
Paul McGuigan (bass);
Tony McCarroll (drums).

In 1967, Roger McGuinn laid down the blueprint for rock immortality in The Byrds' "So You Want To Be A Rock & Roll Star." The process, according to McGuinn, was an arduous one, involving taking "some time," learning "how to play," and generally accepting the prolonged pace at which stardom is achieved.

Nearly two decades later, Oasis singer Liam Gallagher turns that road-tested advice onto its proverbial head. "In my mind my dreams are real," he exudes during DEFINITELY MAYBE's opening track. "Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star." This is not a newcomer's brash, hollow hype; it's a statement of arrogant confidence. Much of DEFINITELY MAYBE, written with tons of '60's Brit-pop appreciation by guitarist Noel Gallagher, reflects the band's poses. The songs are about what they like ("Cigarettes & Alcohol"), who they want to be ("Rock 'n' Roll Star," "Live Forever"), and what they want to avoid becoming ("Married With Children"); and they defy turning into typical rock star cliches only through sheer will, as well as simultaneously pretty and edgy guitars. DEFINITELY MAYBE makes it supremely obvious that Oasis have studied the lessons of the English rock aristocracy--drawing on influences as superficially disparate as the Beatles, T. Rex and the Buzzcocks--and have learned them well. Nevertheless, it'll take some time to see whether or not the Gallaghers have rendered Roger McGuinn's blueprint anachronistic; DEFINITELY MAYBE confirms that they do begin with a more complete package than most.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103740
03/27/05 07:53 PM
03/27/05 07:53 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
what a nice reply! well I'm not the biggest Oasis fan, but I really like this album, specially when the "influences" (Oasis, T Rex, Buzzcocks) tend to Buzzcocks, with rock'n'roll-kick-ass songs such as "Supersonic" and "Cigarettes & Alcohol".

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103741
03/28/05 08:14 PM
03/28/05 08:14 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
definitely maybe was 1994 also the opening track is just 'rock n roll star', definitely maybe is possibly one of the greatest album's ever made.
To bad they haven't 'broke' america, mostly because of liam and noel having fights, becoming ill, can't be arsed doing shows, too many drugs. but now they have matured brit pop is a distant memory (it was shit anyway to be honest) and they have an album coming out in may then doing V festival and a small tour doing huge venues after that i believe they are going to america and shall rule you all.

Who's keyzer soze?

How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil. Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles you eunich jelly thou.
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103742
03/31/05 09:16 AM
03/31/05 09:16 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Pet Sounds-By the Beach Boys 1966

The best Beach Boys album, and one of the best of the 1960s. The group here reached a whole new level in terms of both composition and production, layering tracks upon tracks of vocals and instruments to create a richly symphonic sound. Conventional keyboards and guitars were combined with exotic touches of orchestrated strings, bicycle bells, buzzing organs, harpsichords, flutes, the theremin, Hawaiian-sounding string instruments, Coca-Cola cans, barking dogs, and more. It wouldn't have been a classic without great songs, and this has some of the group's most stunning melodies, as well as lyrical themes that evoke both the intensity of newly born love affairs and the disappointment of failed romance (add in some general statements about loss of innocence and modern-day confusion as well). The spiritual quality of the material is enhanced by some of the most gorgeous upper-register male vocals (especially by Brian and Carl Wilson) ever heard on a rock record. "Wouldn't It Be Nice," "God Only Knows," "Caroline No," and "Sloop John B" are the well-known hits, but equally worthy are such cuts as "You Still Believe in Me," "Don't Talk," "I Know There's an Answer," and "I Just Wasn't Made for These Times." It's often said that this is more of a Brian Wilson album than a Beach Boys recording (session musicians played most of the parts), but it should be noted that the harmonies are pure Beach Boys (and some of their best). Massively influential upon its release (although it was a relatively low seller compared to their previous LPs), it immediately vaunted the band into the top level of rock innovators among the intelligentsia. The 1990 CD reissue added a few interesting but inessential outtakes, and a 1999 reissue added a new stereo version of the entire album to the original mono program.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103743
03/31/05 05:50 PM
03/31/05 05:50 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
You heard "Smile" yet by Brian Wilson, DENIRO?

It's pretty good. He claims it's better than Sgt. Pepper. Well, he's dead wrong. but it is a great album. I like the new version of Heros and Villians.

The Doc

P.S. When can I expect to see Let It Be, Abbey Road, Revolver, Highway 61 Revisited, and Blonde on Blonde?

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103744
04/01/05 07:46 AM
04/01/05 07:46 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
You heard "Smile" yet by Brian Wilson, DENIRO?

It's pretty good. He claims it's better than Sgt. Pepper. Well, he's dead wrong. but it is a great album. I like the new version of Heros and Villians.

The Doc

P.S. When can I expect to see Let It Be, Abbey Road, Revolver, Highway 61 Revisited, and Blonde on Blonde?
Ive not heard smile yet.

I ganna try and post 3-4 albums from any differant decade each week.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103745
04/01/05 07:51 AM
04/01/05 07:51 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Here you Go Ferro

Blonde on Blonde-Bod Dylan 1966

Now that Bob Dylan is in his sixties, maybe it's fitting to go back to the 60s and examine his most vibrant work. While that in itself could turn into an honorable debate, there's no denying that Blonde On Blonde, rock's first double album, was a pivotal step forward for Dylan. With "Bringing It All Back Home" and "Highway 61 Revisited", Dylan had clearly defined his new rock-edged direction; Blonde On Blonde simply made it official. Supported by a huge and wacky ensemble of musicians including members of his new backing band, the Hawks, a.k.a. the Band, Dylan was able to inject new life into his songs -- brilliant arrangements seasoned with humorous, introspective and often poignant lyrics. Each one of the 14 tracks seems to resonate and ring within their own distinctive domain.

The tone is set by the celebratory "Rainy Day Women #12 & #35," which sent shock waves through out America. With its chorus urging that "everyone must get stoned," the stuffed shirts were quick to point a wicked finger at its perpetrator. Apparently, they just didn't get the joke. For the most part, the album's mixture of blues and folk, tenderized by a steady rhythm and an assortment of twanging and booming embellishments is no laughing matter. You can't deny the searing power of something like "Visions of Johanna" or "Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again;" you can't ignore the winsome groove of "I Want You" or "Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat." Then Dylan turns the tables and espouses his tender side with "Just Like A Woman," "4th Time Around" and "Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands."

Recorded in Nashville, Blonde On Blonde is arguably one of Bob Dylan's finest moments. Two months after its release in May 1966, the course of Dylan's career was dramatically altered when he broke his neck in a motorcycle accident. Consequently, he closed out the decade in a rather placid state of mind. He wouldn't really return to full form until the mid-70s when he put out "Planet Waves" and "Blood On The Tracks". Since then, Dylan has dealt out a series of hits and misses -- depending on his mood and philosophical temperament. But it's safe to say that Dylan's career has been a marginally smooth ride with seemingly no end in sight.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103746
04/01/05 08:14 AM
04/01/05 08:14 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Marshll Mathers Lp-1999 Eminem

1 Public Service Announcement 2000
2 Kill You
3 Stan feat: Dido
4 Paul skit
5 Who Knew
6 Steve Berman
7 The Way I Am
8 The Real Slim Shady
9 Remember Me? feat: RBX and Sticky Fingaz
10 I'm Back
11 Marshall Mathers
12 Ken Kaniff skit
13 Drug Ballad
14 Amityville feat: Bizarre from D-12
15 Bitch Please II feat: Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit and Nate Dogg
16 Kim
17 Under The Influence feat: D-12
18 Criminal

“The Marshall Mathers LP” is like the Slim Shady in even a bigger size, another higher level of primitive and funny but also dark and gloomy lyrics. If you like him, you will like this record too, if you hate him, go ‘way! Eminem rocks definitely. Listen to this record, and you’ll never laugh so much again. Everyone gets his hard portion of lyrics: boy groups, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, everyone – Em still doesn’t give a fuck: “…and by the way, N’Sync, why do they sing ? / Am I the only one who realizes they stink…” or “…so I just throw up a middle finger and let it linger / … / ‘cause if I ever stuck it ‘to anything in this showbiz / that ‘d be Jennifer Lopez / and Puffy you know this / I’m sorry, Puff, but I don’t give a fuck / If this chick was my mother / I’d still fuck her with no rubber / and cum inside her / and have a son and a new brother at the same time / and just say that ain’t mine…”. It’s still the same, this guy manages to make us laugh again, and these are only two very short examples of his style.

The production is cool, it’s hard to describe it, it’s just Eminem-like. Slow beats, you’ll recognize at once that Dr. Dre is the executive producer. And, after all, on an Eminem record, it’s hardly anything about the production, it’s all about the texts, but the beats are quite cool! The best track is probably “B**** please II” feat. Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit and Nate Dogg, this one burns definitely your car and your club…

After all, in my eyes a record you have to possess. Welcome to the soul and the inside of a man who like to joke and to diss, but also a man who thinks a lot about life and about life’s gloomy sides. And, he still doesn’t give a fuck, he’s still perverted – and, sometimes, he says exactly the things we always wanted to say but haven’t ought yet. 'Criminal' yeah i am!

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103747
04/08/05 08:02 AM
04/08/05 08:02 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Brothers In Arms-Dire Straits-1985

Mark Knopfler still can play a six-string with power,
and the songs are classic. Unlike all their GREATEST
HITS packages, you get the untampered "Money For
Nothing" (complete with Sting's opening vocals and
instrumental fade), the full version of the beautiful
hit "So Far Away", and such classics as "Walk Of Life"
and "Brothers In Arms". The uses of synths are in
abundance, on the funked up "One World" and, of course,
"Money For Nothing" and "Walk Of Life". But Knopfler's
songwriting skill is surfaced, and this is, next to
1980's MAKING MOVIES, their most amazing album of that
whole decade.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103748
04/08/05 08:49 AM
04/08/05 08:49 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO:
[b]Brothers In Arms-Dire Straits-1985

Mark Knopfler still can play a six-string with power,
and the songs are classic. Unlike all their GREATEST
HITS packages, you get the untampered "Money For
Nothing" (complete with Sting's opening vocals and
instrumental fade), the full version of the beautiful
hit "So Far Away", and such classics as "Walk Of Life"
and "Brothers In Arms". The uses of synths are in
abundance, on the funked up "One World" and, of course,
"Money For Nothing" and "Walk Of Life". But Knopfler's
songwriting skill is surfaced, and this is, next to
1980's MAKING MOVIES, their most amazing album of that
whole decade. [/b]
The actual song "Brothers in Arms" is one of the coolest songs Dire Straits does. A very moody piece of music.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103749
04/12/05 07:52 AM
04/12/05 07:52 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Stone Roses-Stone Roses 1989

1. "I Wanna Be Adored" (4:52)
2. "She Bangs The Drums" (3:42)
3. "Waterfall" (4:37)
4. "Don't Stop" (5:17)
5. "Bye Bye Badman" (4:00)
6. "Elizabeth My Dear" (0:59)
7. "(Song for My) Sugar Spun Sister" (3:25)
8. "Made Of Stone" (4:10)
9. "Shoot You Down" (4:10)
10. "This Is the One" (4:58)
11. "I Am The Resurrection" (8:12)

With a swagger not lost on anyone with the ears to hear it, Manchester's Stone Roses created a debut album that worked on every possible level. Hindsight only confirmed what first listening suggested; that the band had re-defined the landscape of British rock and set a template for the 1990s. Drawing on the ecstatic energy of the late-80s, dance culture and the classic song based traditions of UK pop, they revitalised the whole scene from both ends of the spectrum simultaneously. Says their former guitarist John Squire; "There is no light so full of hope as that of the dawn." The Stone Roses is a record that begins with a statement of intent (I Wanna Be Adored) and ends with a near religious power (I Am The Resurrection). And in between are compositions that still stand out as the most memorable of their era: She Bangs The Drums, Bye Bye Badman and the rest are testimony to a group who turned the future into something to be embraced. From the certifiably lazy mumble of vocalist Ian Brown to Squire's dazzling jangle and the Roses irresistable beat, the sound evinced an utter conviction that rubbed off on audiences and fellow musicians alike, and by pulling together so many strands of inspiration that the music spoke to everyone from rave kids to psychedelic rock nostalgists. Even 16 years on, it remains a unique work.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103750
04/12/05 08:29 AM
04/12/05 08:29 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Sex Pistols-Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols-1977

1: Holidays in the Sun 2: Bodies 3: No Feelings 4: Liar 5: Problems 6: God Save the Queen 7: Seventeen 8: Anarchy in the U.K. 9: Submission 10: Pretty Vacant 11: New York 12: E.M.I.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103751
04/12/05 12:51 PM
04/12/05 12:51 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
the last two are two of my favourite albums ever, the stone roses were just sheer genius, made two of the greatest albums ever made and the sex pistols made one of the greatest, i love them both

Who's keyzer soze?

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103752
04/12/05 01:10 PM
04/12/05 01:10 PM
Illinois
Lauren8 Offline
Capo
Lauren8  Offline
Capo
Illinois
I'm a huge Beatles fan, Sgt. Pepper is probably my second all time favorite of theirs; my favorite songs on this one are "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" and a "Day in the Life." My all time favorite Beatles album is "Let is Be," I love every single song on it, it's my 'everytime I listen to it, puts me in a better mood" cd.

"The Marshall Mathers LP" is Eminem's best by far, it's what made me a fan for sure.

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103753
04/13/05 08:42 AM
04/13/05 08:42 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

The Clash-Londons Calling-1979

1. Londons calling
2. Brand New Cadillac
3. Jimmy Jazz
4. Hateful
5. Rudie Can't Fail
6. Spanish Bombs
7. The Right Profile
8. Lost in the Supermarket
9. Clampdown
10. The Guns of Brixton
11. Wrong 'Em Boyo
12. Death Or Glory
13. Koka Kola
14. The Card Cheat
15. Lover's Rock
16. Four Horsemen
17. I'm Not Down
18. Revolution Rock
19. Train in Vain

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103754
04/13/05 09:06 AM
04/13/05 09:06 AM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
Oh, great selection you got here de niro, I love the stones roses, sex pistols, The beatles,oasis and the clash ( london calling ) is a great album, btw anyone got the 25th special edition of the album its pretty cool.

PS: where are the smiths with meat is murder or morrissey lol.

Angie.

" What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?"

" Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people and I
Want to see life"- there is a light that never goes out by The smiths.
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103755
04/13/05 10:56 AM
04/13/05 10:56 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

I'll get round to them ones

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103756
04/14/05 03:36 PM
04/14/05 03:36 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

The Smith-The Queen Is Dead-1986

The Queen Is Dead
Frankly, Mr. Shankly
I Know It's Over
Never Had No One Ever
Cemetry Gates
Bigmouth Strikes Again
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Vicar In A Tutu
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103757
04/14/05 04:37 PM
04/14/05 04:37 PM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
Great album De niro , well Im a big fan of the smiths and morrissey solo career, so Im pretty happy of see them in your selection.

Angie.

" What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?"

" Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people and I
Want to see life"- there is a light that never goes out by The smiths.
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103758
04/15/05 08:01 AM
04/15/05 08:01 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
I'm going to watch the Smyths tonight!! Badness the other week were awesome.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103759
04/15/05 08:34 AM
04/15/05 08:34 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

The Beatles-Revolver 1966

Taxman
Eleanor Rigby
I'm Only Sleeping Lennon
Love You To
Here, There And Everywhere
Yellow Submarine
She Said She Said
Good Day Sunshine
And Your Bird Can Sing
For No One
Dr. Robert
I Want To Tell You
Got To Get You Into My Life
Tomorrow Never Knows

'Tomorrow Never Knows' was originally titled 'The Void', and was inspired by the Tibetan 'Book Of The Dead'.
The 'Eleanor Rigby' title came about by either Paul looking at a headstone bearing that name, or he got the name 'Eleanor' from the actress Eleanor Bron, and the 'Rigby' from the name of a shop.
'I'm Only Sleeping' was inspired by John's love of sleep!
'Good Day Sunshine' was Paul writing in a Lovin' Spoonful style - a group he liked at the time.
'She Said She Said' could have been a songwriting credit on 'Revolver' for the American actor Peter Fonda. He told John and George, talking about a childhood accident when he nearly died, "I know what it's like to be dead" - a line which featured in the song. John cleverly changed the sex of the person in the song - to avoid any lawsuits, I guess!
'Taxman' was written with some feeling by George, as rich rock stars were taxed to the hilt in the '60s and '70s, and many went abroad as tax exiles. Not surprising when sometimes 99% of their earnings were taxed. I'm a leftie, but artists need some encouragement to be creative!
George was renowned for taking some time to come up with titles for his songs. On 'Revolver', his first-ever Indian-style composition, 'Love You To', had a jokey, earlier title of 'Granny Smith (named after the British apple of the same name)', and his 'I Want To Tell You' was originally called 'Laxton's Superb' (also a British apple) by Beatles engineer Geoff Emerick.
A clavichord was hired for Paul's 'For No One'.
'Doctor Robert', written by John, was about an unconventional New York doctor. Euphemistically speaking...
Two members of Georgie Fame's Blue Flames - Eddie Thornton (trumpet) and Peter Coe (tenor sax) - played on Paul's 'Got To Get You Into My Life'.
George Martin played honky tonk piano on 'Good Day Sunshine'.

Re: DE NIRO'S-Album's Of The Week #103760
04/19/05 07:54 AM
04/19/05 07:54 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

The Happy Mondays-Pills,Thrills and Bellyaches-1989

1. Kinky Afro
2. God's Cop
3. Donovan
4. Grandbag's Funeral
5. Loose Fit
6. Dennis And Lois
7. Bob's Yer Uncle
8. Step On
9. Holiday
10. Harmony

"I love this album! Groovy, lazy and mad - this album, along with the Stone Roses self titled album, personifies the Madchester movement of the late eighties early nineties. Shaun Ryders vocals (if you can call them that) are not conventional which is absolutely perfect for this cd."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull