GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (The_Marble_Guy), 679 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,554
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,534
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,455
Posts1,061,245
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 132 of 319 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93727
05/26/06 07:56 PM
05/26/06 07:56 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Gotta agree with Hagen the man.

"I'm Juggernaut, Bitch!"........oh my god, a praise with "bitch" that makes "grown" up men laugh in glee. Sorry, but if Dave Chappelle had uttered then, then I would have giggled like a racoon. Instead, I laugh at others......bitch!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93728
05/26/06 08:14 PM
05/26/06 08:14 PM
Highway 61
hova4ever9 Offline
Capo
hova4ever9  Offline
Capo
Highway 61
SPOLIERS********

In X3 in the extra scene he took over the mind of the guy who was never going to regain consinceness(i can't spell) and the nurse i saw her at the funeral when he died. but i have never seen her before that.

Travis Bickle: Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man. -Taxi Driver
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93729
05/26/06 08:57 PM
05/26/06 08:57 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
***X3 SPOILER***

Actually I read somewhere that the guy on the table in the last scene was actually the same one that was in the video that Xavier was showing the kids about taking over someone elses body.. And that that person was Sabretooth. But again, I didn't see the scene so I'm not sure.

Also, in the scene where Xavier and Pyro convince the street-thuggish looking mutants (Callisto and Psylock were there) was there a flash of Nightcrawler on the wall? Did anyone else catch that? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about??? (Nightcrawler wasn't in the movie because Halle was a bitch and made the director choose between the two of them. She also complained about how her hair in the last movies looked too much like a wig (which is why it was more stylish this time 'round))

**/SPOILER**

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
"I'm Juggernaut, Bitch!"........oh my god, a praise with "bitch" that makes "grown" up men laugh in glee. Sorry, but if Dave Chappelle had uttered then, then I would have giggled like a racoon. Instead, I laugh at others......bitch!
Oh if only. IF ONLY!!! If only we could all be just as informed, intelligent, and witty as the wise and elite RRA.

Shut up.

ya.

ANYWAY.
:rolleyes:

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93730
05/26/06 09:08 PM
05/26/06 09:08 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Except for the SHUT UP part, you are absolutely correct.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93731
05/26/06 09:09 PM
05/26/06 09:09 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] No I haven't seen Gagnster No. 1.
Highly highly recommended. [/b][/quote]It's on my Blockbuster.com list. Thanks, I'll let you know

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93732
05/26/06 09:13 PM
05/26/06 09:13 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Jesus! It's been a while since I've posted in here... I haven't stopped watching films lately, I've just been 100% useless and lazy.

Here she goes...

The Assassination of Richard Nixon (2004) - ***1/2
Director: Niels Mueller
Based on a true story, The Assassination of Richard Nixon tells the tale of unjustice and corruption of the American dream, and how in 1974 it lead to the plotting of the chilling assasination of President Richard M. Nixon

I was a bit skeptical when I first saw this film sitting on the drama shelf of a local movie emporium. No more than two weeks prior, a close friend of mine stood to my left in the same movie store, looking to buy some quality entertainment for the weekend, when he asked, "Hey, Kevin, what's that movie with Sean Penn... You know... The one... The one about The Assasination of Richard Nixon?" I told him I had never heard of such a film, and told him I didn't know... And I felt like a comatose, semi-retarded Warlock with a dementia and a brain toomer when I later learned it was titled "The Assasination of Richard Nixon". So then I thought, "Oh great, another Taxi Driver..." Right? WRONG. Assassination takes a new approach at the whole sociopathic/synicism angle. The cast is assembled very precisely, and not only do the actor's have great chemistry, but they also provide excellent performances; right on Don Cheadle/Sean Penn levels. The story maps out an American tragedy that came so close to happening, but yet we never seem to hear about it, so cleverly, and provides great character study. My only complaint is the ending. I would have loved to see Big Dick being shot numberous times, and killed off in the most grotesque way... Or better yet, we could just round up all of the innocents that lost their lives in Viet Nam, have them come on down to the oval office, interrupt one of Dick's secret recording sessions, and then rip his arms and legs out of their sockets, and beat the man to death with his own severed limbs. I would have loved to see some of them come in pumped full of PCP and just savagely tear the man the shreds after performing a pagean ritual on his lifeless corpse--Do I smell a sequel?

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93733
05/26/06 09:14 PM
05/26/06 09:14 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Good review LLC....welcome back to the fold!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93734
05/26/06 09:16 PM
05/26/06 09:16 PM
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
It feels good to be back. I'm sure this thread was lacking completely ridiculous and out of hand reviews to corrupt the youth with.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93735
05/26/06 11:42 PM
05/26/06 11:42 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
The void in this thread has been sealed!!!!! by the graces of Zeus!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93736
05/26/06 11:49 PM
05/26/06 11:49 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Black beard of Zeus! What the sam hell is going on here?

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93737
05/27/06 12:43 AM
05/27/06 12:43 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Hell if I know.

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK (1981) - ***

Highly and grimly shot B-picture from John Carpenter, with overtones to Sergio Leone and bad Italian 70's sci-fi garbage movies....and Kurt Russell starring in his first non-Disney legitimate starring role as the one and only Snake Plissken.

"You're the Duke of New York!"

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93738
05/27/06 03:50 AM
05/27/06 03:50 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Date Movie * 1/2

Another f*cked up train wreck of a "movie" by the Fox studios

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93739
05/27/06 11:10 AM
05/27/06 11:10 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Labyrinth

Ch-ch-ch-changes! Oh how I love David Bowie.

I re-lived my childhood by watching this. And yes it was still very enjoyable.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93740
05/27/06 05:20 PM
05/27/06 05:20 PM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
The Proposition
2006/Hillcoat

Set in the 1880's, an Australian frontier criminal is offered a deal to hunt and kill his exiled older brother for the police in exchange for the life of his younger brother.

Starring Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone, Emily Watson, and John Hurt

This film was pretty solid. I had been eagerly awaiting its arrival in my area theater as I had seen it acquire rave reviews elsewhere. Guy Pearce and Ray Winstone do battle on the backdrop of the Australian outback. Guy Pearce, with maybe not as much screen time as you might have expected for the main character, displays a wonderful sense of quiet and brooding murderousness. Ray Winstone also turns in a strong performance as the conflicted army captain.

This story could have very easily been set in the American west with Native Americans replacing the Aborigines, but I thought the choice to make the film Australian was a nice artistic choice. I was surprised at the prowess of the director considering he has never done a feature film before. The film was beautifully framed and shot throughout most of the duration, and although the colorful sunsets of the outback provide a naturally breathtaking backdrop, some credit must be given to the director as well. Ultimately, the uber-violence that was widely spoken of in many of the reviews seemed rather normal to me, although it may have shocked some of senior citizens at my matinee showing.

One of the more original aspects of this film was its use of fairly modern music. Interestingly enough, the writer of the film also composed most of the soundtrack, and he and the director seemed to have not opted to stay strictly in line with the time period of the story. This is a chance they took and I felt as though it paid off.

Despite its many good points, the film didn't quite seem to contain that spark of a great film. I feel as though the blame for this most likely should be placed on the fact that the film did not fully center around its two main characters, the rivals, Pearce and Winstone as the hunter and the hunted. Although Emily Watson was good, I felt her prolonged presence in the film felt out of place amongst the violent and dirty backdrop, and her excess of screen time somewhat hampered the film's overall quality.

Either way, this was still a solid effort and one of the better films I've seen so far this year. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the director's work as well the seldom-seen Pearce and Winstone.

4/5 Stars

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93741
05/27/06 10:17 PM
05/27/06 10:17 PM
Detroit
ap_capone48101 Offline
Arsenal for the Double
ap_capone48101  Offline
Arsenal for the Double
Capo
Detroit
I watched Batman Begins yesterday. Easily the best Batman film.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93742
05/27/06 10:54 PM
05/27/06 10:54 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Glad to hear that, ap.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93743
05/28/06 02:35 AM
05/28/06 02:35 AM
new zealand
scarfacefan Offline
Capo
scarfacefan  Offline
Capo
new zealand
Saw Once Were Warriors last night. Powerful, engrossing and much better than I thought it would be. 3.5/5

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93744
05/28/06 07:25 PM
05/28/06 07:25 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
The Rise and Fall of ECW (2004)

A great documentary on a great sports entertainment organization. Before Vince McMahon purchased ECW, it was easily the most entertaining and visceral wrestling experience on television. This 3 hour documentary chronicles the birth of ECW, and the lasting impact it has left on the wrestling industry.

The first disc is the documentary. Disc 2 contains 6 great matches, including the 30 minute stalemate match between Sabu and 2 Cold Scorpio for the World Television Championship. The biggest disappointment is the fact that there's only 6 matches. But what IS there is great, and definitely a must-buy for wrestling fans.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93745
05/28/06 10:26 PM
05/28/06 10:26 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Chinatown
1974/Polanski

Starring Jack Nicholson, Faye Dunaway, and John Huston

A private detective investigates corruption in Los Angeles' water department while simultaneously looking into a murder mystery involving its chairman.

Viewing this film was interesting for me as I had rented it maybe a year ago and gotten through about half of it. The film seemed fairly boring to me and I never had any interest in getting it back out to view the 2nd part of the film. Fortunately though, I recently saw its high placement on a greatest films of all time list and decided I'd give it another go. I don't know whether I was just paying more attention this time or I just have more of an appreciation for more conservatively directed films, but I enjoyed it much more this time and felt as though I only now fully realized its true greatness.

First of all, it must be said that what really sets this film apart from all others is Jack Nicholson's performance as J.J Gittes. I felt as though any other actor in this role simply wouldn't have sufficed, and it seems as though some scenes and dialogue of the Gittes character were almost custom made for Nicholson, his personality, his look, and his delivery. This was the first film I had ever seen by Roman Polanski, and although I really liked all of his neo-noir, precisely-framed, still camera shots, some of the time when he chose to move the camera, the shots were noticeably shaky.

The story itself, written by Polanski and Robert Towne, was excellent. I felt as though it nearly matched Godfather II in terms of complexity, which I appreciated, but it was still reasonably understandable and not overdone. The twisted plot also helped to add depth to the principal characters, all of whom I really liked. The writing was strong when it came to dialogue as well, as Nicholson had some real gems to work with.

I also really liked some of Gittes' detective methods, which seemed very realistic. My only real complaint with the story was the fact that I seemed to have lost the plot in the last 15 minutes or so, as I didn't quite understand Gittes' motivations in calling Noah Cross after he had his daughter, but I'll probably understand this better with a rewatch.

John Huston was great and I wished his character had been featured more. Polanski and Nicholson's work here also makes me want to see more of both of their work, as well as more films in the noir and neo noir genres.

4.5/5 Stars

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93746
05/28/06 10:31 PM
05/28/06 10:31 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I believe that Robert Towne said that Jake was written with Jack in mind...excellent performance any way you slice it.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93747
05/29/06 02:07 AM
05/29/06 02:07 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
True Romance *** 1/2

My favorite Gary Oldman and Tony Scott film. A great cast, great script and great directing.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93748
05/29/06 02:15 AM
05/29/06 02:15 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
My only real complaint with the story was the fact that I seemed to have lost the plot in the last 15 minutes or so, as I didn't quite understand Gittes' motivations in calling Noah Cross after he had his daughter, but I'll probably understand this better with a rewatch.
SPOILERS
He wanted Cross to know what he knew, to settle the mystery. He didn't count on Cross' henchman being there armed.
SPOILERS

I think the ending to the film is one of the darkest, most poignant in cinema.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93749
05/29/06 05:46 AM
05/29/06 05:46 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Hide and Seek

Ergh

I can't believe that even with such stellar performances from De Niro and young Dakota Fanning that the film is still so terrible.

I've heard there's a few alternative endings to this film and the one I saw makes no sense. In fact the whole film makes little sense. Not because it's complicated, because it isn't, but because some things just don't add up.

Spoiler But I am fed up with these weak multiple personality tales as if they're original and deep.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93750
05/29/06 09:45 AM
05/29/06 09:45 AM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
I think the ending to the film is one of the darkest, most poignant in cinema.
I would have to agree.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93751
05/29/06 11:49 AM
05/29/06 11:49 AM
New York City
Don Zaluchi Offline
Made Member
Don Zaluchi  Offline
Made Member
New York City
I started off my "summer movie marathon" last night :p . I plan to watch movies I haven't seen yet that are generally regarded as good films.

Bottle Rocket(1996) Wes Anderson/USA *****
Great film. Up there with Anderson's best. The atmosphere, the humor, the characters are all excellent. After seeing this I have concluded that Wes Anderson hasn't made a bad film yet.

Smultronstället / Wild Strawberries(1957) Ingmar Bergman/Sweden *****
I was a bit dissapointed after seing The Seventh Seal. It was a good film but not as good as everyone makes it out to be. This movie, however, does live up to expectations. It's a touching story of life, of regrets, of aging, of living. Great performance by Victor Sjöström and great film overall. This movie has motivated me to check out some other Bergman films :p .

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93752
05/29/06 11:57 AM
05/29/06 11:57 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Preliminary reviews before my full-length jobbers on these flicks, with one in honor of Gleason, who died the other day. His work as the easy-to-hate cheap baddie in many 80s movie will continue to inspire bit actors for years to come.

DIE HARD (1988) - ***** - Masterpiece
DIE HARD 2 (1990) - **1/2
DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE (1995) - ***1/2 or ****

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93753
05/29/06 12:00 PM
05/29/06 12:00 PM
Underboss
Underboss
EDIT: This is in reference to Chinatown. I couldn't sneak this post in before others got in front of me.

Wait, I still don't quite get it. Let me see if I can piece it together.

Quote:
For his final showdown with Cross, Gittes calls him and arranges a meeting at the Mulwray mansion - the scene of the crime - and he baits him: "Have you got your checkbook handy, Mr. Cross? I've got the girl." Gittes also possesses what he believes provides clear evidence of who murdered Mulwray - the camera pans down to Cross' pair of smashed bifocals that were fished out of the pond - they sit on the table by the phone.
So Jake is trying to bring Cross to the Mulwray mansion to confront him with the evidence of the murder and the information he holds about his incestious fathering of Catherine. But why would he go to the mansion and confront Cross alone? What good does that do? He's not hoping to get money out of him, but yet he doesn't notify Escobar of his meeting with Cross either. What exactly were Gittes' motivations at this point?

That's where I got lost.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93754
05/29/06 12:08 PM
05/29/06 12:08 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

SPOILERS
He didn't make any sense legally, but morally. Gittes simply wanted to confront Cross, who was a scumbag pedophile who felt he was above the law.
SPOILERS

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93755
05/29/06 12:23 PM
05/29/06 12:23 PM
Underboss
Underboss
I see, and then what was his plan? Make sure Curly got Evelyn and Catherine out and then just be happy with a job well done?

How did he plan to avoid prison as threatened by Escobar and/or retaliation from Cross for his discovery and the part he played in helping Evelyn escape?

Am I looking into this too much or am I missing something?

EDIT: Reading your post again, perhaps you are suggesting that Jake had no plan to avoid the wrath of Cross and Escobar. He had simply put all else aside to achieve moral satisfaction. Is that it?

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93756
05/29/06 12:37 PM
05/29/06 12:37 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Okay, so I went to my friends house to play Trivial Pursuit 90s Edition.. (I won by the way ) and she rented Elizabethtown.

Ummmmmm what the hell. There was NO POINT to it whatsoever. Quite possibly the dumbest movie I've ever seen. I wanted to kick Kirsten Dunst's face in. And Orlando Bloom, and that is sad. This is why chick flicks should be kept FARRRR away from me.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Page 132 of 319 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull