GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Toodoped, m2w, Ciment, 1 invisible), 497 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,974
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
themes in pacino films #9073
06/02/04 10:17 AM
06/02/04 10:17 AM
pacino'sgirl Offline OP
Wiseguy
pacino'sgirl  Offline OP
Wiseguy
ive noticed that there are couple themes being repeated in al pacino movies. i just find it interesting cause i am fascinated with anything PACINO. the wedding night in the godfather where he just closes the windows and has these intense eyes saying im going to take you into my arms and make wild passionate love to you. in the movie bobby deerfield he is with the girl lillian. i think she says shes going to get a drink then he stops her, he just looks at her with those intense eyes that it was an offer she certainly couldnt refuse. in "and justice for all" him and christine lati have just finished arguing and there in bed talking about as long as they keep the friction in their relationship, they'll be fine. and he just looks at her again with those eyes and passion ensues. like i know it might not seem so odd considering al has these beautiful intense brown eyes. but i just find it funny like its like the writers wrote that the charcter kisses the girl and then they start getting really intimate and they find pacino's on board for the movie, there like uh al dont say anything just look at her. then another theme which i noticed cause its just random is the incest theme. godfather 3 of course theres the realtionship between mary and vincent. on the devils advocate he seems very freinly with his hands with the girl who turns out to be his daughter. but the big incest theme in that is he wants her and keanu to mate and make the antichrist.(there half brother and sister. then in scarface his attitude towards gina was more then brotherly. i mean he said that he didnt think that tony thought of her in that way. then another thing is that al is always seems to be playing a divorced man or even if hes married its not happily ever after for long like kay in godfather, and elvira in scarface. in "and justice for all" he mentions that hes divorced and he sees his kids on holidays. in "author author" he was divorced many times. in sea of love he was divorced and the guy he worked with was his ex-wife's new husband. in frankie and johnny, divorced and didnt see his kids since he was in jail. if anyone has any other themes feel free to share cause its fun hehehe

Michael Corleone: My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
Kay Adams: What was that?
Michael Corleone: Luca Brasi, held a gun to his head, and my father assured him, that either his brain or his signature would be on the contract.
Re: themes in pacino films #9074
06/02/04 11:08 AM
06/02/04 11:08 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Sorry, but the only ongoing 'themes' I see in Pacino's movies is that Al Pacino is in them.

I notice you do not mention some of his other film, many of them his most popular....such as Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Dick Tracy, Scent of A Woman, Donnie Brasco, Glengarry Glen Ross to name a few. How about the HBO film for which he recently won a Golden Globe, where he played late attorney Roy Cohn (Angels in America?).

Sorry, I don't think the career of an actor of Pacino's stature could've lasted for 30 years based on themes.

Interesting theory, though.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: themes in pacino films #9075
06/02/04 12:32 PM
06/02/04 12:32 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
I'm sorry, but I dont understand your random bablings. A theme in Pacino movies is that he looks at his girlfriends with his eyes? confused I'm pretty sure most guys do that. And he plays a character who's been divorced more than once? STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! In a career that long, I'd be surprised if he DIDN'T play a devorced guy more than once.
In a career that long, with so many diffrent movies, you're bound to find some similarities if you pay close enough attention, which it looks like you have. wink Sorry if I'm giving you a hard time, its my job.
BTW- Thanks for giving away a major plot detail of [Linked Image]Advacate to someone who hasnt seen it yet.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: themes in pacino films #9076
06/02/04 02:07 PM
06/02/04 02:07 PM
London,UK
kasanova Offline
Made Member
kasanova  Offline
Made Member
London,UK
me thinks pacino's girl has somewhat of an obsession with al wink

Re: themes in pacino films #9077
06/02/04 02:15 PM
06/02/04 02:15 PM
pacino'sgirl Offline OP
Wiseguy
pacino'sgirl  Offline OP
Wiseguy
i am not saying anything bad about al pacino and having similarities in his movies. i am just noticing random similarities j i was not saying anything bad about him as an actor or his films cause i love all of them. i guess i was just bored and noticed some random things. thats all. i am really sorry if i came off as if i was criticizing because i wasnt. i love him and i know that with all the movies he's in hes gonna play charcters that have similarities i was just pointing some out. sorry if i babbled thats just me.

Michael Corleone: Luca Brasi, held a gun to his head, and my father assured him, that either his brain or his signature would be on the contract.
Re: themes in pacino films #9078
06/02/04 03:14 PM
06/02/04 03:14 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
pacino's girl, take it easy & don't feel bad.

I don't think ANYBODY who responded, least of all me...took it as you saying anything BAD about Pacino's films.

We do see your point about noticing certain similarities, or 'themes' as you first called them...with regard to his character's situations in certain movies.

We just do not agree that that is the case in all of his films. Each film is a different story, different set of circumstances. If a few of they guys Al's played happen to be divorced, or involved in intense love affairs, or he looks at girls with those deep brown eyes...that doesn't necessarily make a theme.

But still...we DON'T think you said anythiing bad, in fact if anything you were trying to point out something positive and upbeat about one of your favorite actors!!

So please don't feel bad or upset if some of us happen to disagree. We all try to bring up topics to spark up a conversation...sometimes it takes off, sometimes it doesn't.

Keep going, I look forward to chatting with you about other 'Pacino' topics (like how nice his voice might be today if he hadn't been smoking up a storm for the past 3 decades)!!

Best,
AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: themes in pacino films #9079
06/02/04 04:34 PM
06/02/04 04:34 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
I'm sorry, but I dont understand your random bablings. A theme in Pacino movies is that he looks at his girlfriends with his eyes? confused I'm pretty sure most guys do that. And he plays a character who's been divorced more than once? STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! In a career that long, I'd be surprised if he DIDN'T play a devorced guy more than once.
In a career that long, with so many diffrent movies, you're bound to find some similarities if you pay close enough attention, which it looks like you have. wink Sorry if I'm giving you a hard time, its my job.
BTW- Thanks for giving away a major plot detail of [Linked Image]Advacate to someone who hasnt seen it yet.
I like how you add the Sorry remark, as if it actually excuses your rudeness. rolleyes

Re: themes in pacino films #9080
06/02/04 05:48 PM
06/02/04 05:48 PM
pacino'sgirl Offline OP
Wiseguy
pacino'sgirl  Offline OP
Wiseguy
thats ok. i understand i just wanted to make sure you didnt think i meant it in a negative way.

Re: themes in pacino films #9081
06/02/04 05:56 PM
06/02/04 05:56 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Interesting topic and reactions.

I'm moving this to the "General Discussion" forum.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull