GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Havana), 413 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,979
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The people We're helping #88165
01/05/05 03:53 PM
01/05/05 03:53 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Here's a nice photo from today's New York Post

[img]http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/518961...9C30E9B9B114CE8[/img]

"HATRED AMID SUFFERING: A villager wears an Osama Bin Laden T-shirt as a tsunami victim is carried away in Sri Lanka."

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: The people We're helping #88166
01/05/05 03:59 PM
01/05/05 03:59 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I dont know what to say on that one.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: The people We're helping #88167
01/05/05 04:23 PM
01/05/05 04:23 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
Too bad that guy is not the one being carried away.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: The people We're helping #88168
01/05/05 04:27 PM
01/05/05 04:27 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I saw a story on CNN last night that the Arab media is reporting that the tsunami was a nuclear attack by America and not a natural disaster.

Why couldn't there be a colossal earthquake in Afghanistan and Pakistan to kill all the useless fucks who plot to kill Americans and innocent civilians throughout the world?

Re: The people We're helping #88169
01/05/05 04:30 PM
01/05/05 04:30 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Oh, tough shit. You're being stereotypical if you think that one guy can represent the people over there. Hannity had this on the other night and even DC and I agreed that it was wrong to bring this up! This isn't the time for that. You're the last person I thought would post this, Plaw. If I wear a Fidel Castro or Che shirt, does that mean I'm like that guy? How do you know he doesn't just like Bin Laden for being a leader? I like Fidel Castro, but I like him for being a leader and political activist, not for the Cuban missle crisis? How do we know this guy doesn't just think of Bin Laden as an activist? How do you know that the writing on that shirt isn't something negative towards Bin Laden? How do you know if that picture is even real? That could've easily been done on the computer. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: The people We're helping #88170
01/05/05 04:43 PM
01/05/05 04:43 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
Too bad that guy is not the one being carried away.
Thats harsh.oh well

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: The people We're helping #88171
01/05/05 05:20 PM
01/05/05 05:20 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I knew it! Al Quaeda were behind the Tsunami!

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: The people We're helping #88172
01/05/05 05:24 PM
01/05/05 05:24 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
How do you know he doesn't just like Bin Laden for being a leader? How do we know this guy doesn't just think of Bin Laden as an activist? How do you know that the writing on that shirt isn't something negative towards Bin Laden? How do you know if that picture is even real? That could've easily been done on the computer. -Pat
Yes Pat, I agree that we should not judge a nation based on what one of their citizens is wearing. However, you must show some consistancy in your thinking and your posts! When you posted on the other topic that you started, you say that America is against the muslim people, and you based that theory on several story's that you heard or read. How do you know that the stories that you heard or read were not ( in your own words ) made up on the computer? So you generalized OUR country's attitue towards the muslim people based on the acts of a few, but yet in this topic, you are accusing Plaw of doing exactly what you did over in the other topic! That's a contradiction in my book! Pat, I have come to the conclusion that you just enjoy creating controversy and if someone says the sky is blue, you'll say it's white, and if another says the sky is white, then you'll argue that it's blue!

If the guy just thinks that Bin Laden is an activist :rolleyes: , then he needs his head smacked a couple of times so that he can wake the hell up!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The people We're helping #88173
01/05/05 05:25 PM
01/05/05 05:25 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
I knew it! Al Quaeda were behind the Tsunami!

Mick
I wouldn't be surprised if they did

Re: The people We're helping #88174
01/05/05 05:27 PM
01/05/05 05:27 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
I saw a story on CNN last night that the Arab media is reporting that the tsunami was a nuclear attack by America and not a natural disaster.
What a joke these people are! :rolleyes:

As I told Pat, yesterday, over in his other post : "In about a year Michael Moore will be making a movie showing how Bush was behind the Tsunami!"

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The people We're helping #88175
01/06/05 01:12 AM
01/06/05 01:12 AM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Quote:

Why couldn't there be a colossal earthquake in Afghanistan and Pakistan to kill all the useless fucks who plot to kill Americans and innocent civilians throughout the world?
Not only is that pathetic and evil, it will inspire even more hatred for America for the idiots and uninformed people who will believe those reports, and help terrorism that way. If they are going to report that anyway, we might as well actually nuke the bastards.

Quote:
Oh, tough shit. You're being stereotypical if you think that one guy can represent the people over there. Hannity had this on the other night and even DC and I agreed that it was wrong to bring this up!
It's wrong to bring up the fact that people over there support bin Laden and terrorism, and that obviously some of the money donated by us will go to them?

Quote:
This isn't the time for that. You're the last person I thought would post this, Plaw. If I wear a Fidel Castro or Che shirt, does that mean I'm like that guy?
You honestly think the guy with the bin Laden t-shirt is disimilar to bin Laden or his followers.... well, actually, this guy obviously is a follower.

Quote:
How do you know he doesn't just like Bin Laden for being a leader?
Holy shit, man....

Quote:
How do you know if that picture is even real? That could've easily been done on the computer.
Well considering the people of that region have conistently voiced their support of him and other radical Islamists and celebrated 9/11, it really doesn't matter if that one picture was doctored.

Quote:
What a joke these people are!

As I told Pat, yesterday, over in his other post : "In about a year Michael Moore will be making a movie showing how Bush was behind the Tsunami!"
In all seriousness, in his next movie he'll probably be accusing the Bush administration of all kinds of corruption relating to the tsunami disaster.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: The people We're helping #88176
01/06/05 01:14 AM
01/06/05 01:14 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Plaw,
Lots of old and used clothes have been sent to the disaster affected areas for the people whose homes have been totally destroyed. It would be tough for you to imagine what kind of poverty these fishermen live in. Their homes were nothing but make-shift huts and they probably had nothing more than a few cooking utensils and a boat. This person could have been a Osama supporter, I cannot prove/disprove that. But it could be just that this guy got a shirt from the relief material, when he had nothing to wear. And in such a situation, I wonder if he would be sensitive enough to think of the sentiments behind that image.

Re: The people We're helping #88177
01/06/05 02:57 AM
01/06/05 02:57 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
Well considering the people of that region have conistently voiced their support of him and other radical Islamists and celebrated 9/11, it really doesn't matter if that one picture was doctored.
Well, just for your information, SriLanka is not an Islamic country(if you are interested in statistics, you may view them here ). There has been no widespread support of Osama or "radical Islam" (as you put it) either in SriLanka or in India. There has been terrorism in Lanka, but it is over separation demands of a group of people and nothing to do with religion. There are a few other countries who have possibly supported terrorism(religious) in this part of Asia, but you must be careful not to mistake/assume that your opinions represent facts.

Re: The people We're helping #88178
01/06/05 05:57 AM
01/06/05 05:57 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

I don't think for one moment Plaw disapproves of the aid going out to help those countries involved in that disaster even if one was wearing that t-shirt. I believe he's started this thread as a piss take of those that would really would say "Look at the people we're helping" and object to the aid.

I would be shocked if otherwise.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: The people We're helping #88179
01/06/05 08:20 AM
01/06/05 08:20 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope

Let the readers draw their own conclusions.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: The people We're helping #88180
01/06/05 08:42 AM
01/06/05 08:42 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Well you just like to rile up the crowd, rattle some cages and ruffle some feathers. I'm not the brightest spark in box but I'm surprised more didn't catch onto this.

I need to learn some new sayings.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: The people We're helping #88181
01/06/05 01:25 PM
01/06/05 01:25 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
And I can't wait either!

Re: The people We're helping #88182
01/06/05 04:50 PM
01/06/05 04:50 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] How do you know he doesn't just like Bin Laden for being a leader? How do we know this guy doesn't just think of Bin Laden as an activist? How do you know that the writing on that shirt isn't something negative towards Bin Laden? How do you know if that picture is even real? That could've easily been done on the computer. -Pat
Yes Pat, I agree that we should not judge a nation based on what one of their citizens is wearing. However, you must show some consistancy in your thinking and your posts! When you posted on the other topic that you started, you say that America is against the muslim people, and you based that theory on several story's that you heard or read. How do you know that the stories that you heard or read were not ( in your own words ) made up on the computer? So you generalized OUR country's attitue towards the muslim people based on the acts of a few, but yet in this topic, you are accusing Plaw of doing exactly what you did over in the other topic! That's a contradiction in my book! Pat, I have come to the conclusion that you just enjoy creating controversy and if someone says the sky is blue, you'll say it's white, and if another says the sky is white, then you'll argue that it's blue!

If the guy just thinks that Bin Laden is an activist :rolleyes: , then he needs his head smacked a couple of times so that he can wake the hell up!

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]I called America anti-Muslim because of the things I hear everyday. The enviroment I'm in is more anti-Muslim then it is anti-Hispanic. If you work in a different enviroment, then my praises to you. You obviously don't have to see the struggle that some people go through. BTW, how do you know what that guy thinks? Is he anti-American just because he thinks of Bin Laden as an activist? I guess I'm anti-American because I think of Castro as an activist too then, right?

Quote:
It's wrong to bring up the fact that people over there support bin Laden and terrorism, and that obviously some of the money donated by us will go to them?
It's very wrong. Over 150,000 people just died. Do you realize how many people that is? If this money is going to support the terrorists, since you seem to think that they all are, then why do you think it's right giving them any money in the first place?

Quote:
Holy shit, man....
Holy shit what? Do you know the answer to my question?

Quote:
So you don't want the US giving them money then? Bush is doing the wrong thing right now. Is that what you're saying? -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: The people We're helping #88183
01/06/05 04:59 PM
01/06/05 04:59 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

...he said smugly, watching the riot he started with his picture and like 6 and a half words.
Some people don't recognize sarcasm and mockery when they see it.
And yes, Turi, I think some more cliché phrases on that post would have been just the ticket.

Re: The people We're helping #88184
01/06/05 05:15 PM
01/06/05 05:15 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]

...he said smugly, watching the riot he started with his picture and like 6 and a half words.
Some people don't recognize sarcasm and mockery when they see it.
And yes, Turi, I think some more cliché phrases on that post would have been just the ticket. [/b][/quote]

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: The people We're helping #88185
01/13/05 08:41 PM
01/13/05 08:41 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
So you don't want the US giving them money then? -Pat
Pat, I dug up this old post so as not to start a new topic about the same issue. It is now several weeks later and at this time I must tell both you and Plaw, that after what transpired over the last two days regarding Indonesia not allowing our ships to dock in their waters, not allowing our jets to use their airspace, telling our military that they are basically not welcomed in their country, telling our military that they will NOT allow them to set up camps in their country to rest in and making them go back to the ships to sleep and rest and then telling the military that they want them out by March the latest, if not earlier, you guys were right in what you originally were trying to say! ( oh my God, checking myself for a fever ). After our country has been sending $$ over to help these people, sending water, clothing, etc, our government pledging $350 million, sending troops there to help them re-build roads, homes, etc. the true colors of these Indonesian people come to the surface once again! They've basicaly told the United States " We'll take your money, your clothing, etc. and now you can go F**k yourselves and get the F**k out of here!
They held parades after 9/11/01 celebrating the attack on our country! But we put that aside for humanitarian purposes. They held rallies on 9/29/01, just eighteen days after 9/11 and trashed the U.S., terrorized and beat any U.S. citizen that was in their country at the time! But we put that aside for the sake of humanitarian purposes. Now again they trash us, diesrespect us, and tell us to give them our money but to go F**k ourselves at the same time! Well you guys were on track a few weeks ago! Now it's time for the United States to tell them, "you know what? we pledged $350 million to your country? But circumstances have changed. We have some natural disasters that have taken place right in the USA itself, so we must now pull back $349 million of that money and use it to help our own people in our own country right now, sorry. Oh, and the military that you so rudely treated that were sent to help you? Well we need them to help their own people right now. Nice knowing you!" What f**king b**ls these bastards have! The extremist feelings of hate for the western world and their hateful upbringing always rises to the top sooner or later with these people! First they tell Isreal "thanks but no thanks!" Then they tell the USA, "We'll take your money, but get lost now!" Yep, this time I have to say that you guys were right!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: The people We're helping #88186
01/13/05 09:04 PM
01/13/05 09:04 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
The man carrying the head of the stretcher, wearing a shabby skirt, is quite possibly the purest example of an Australoid alive in the world. They simply do not get any purer than that!

Re: The people We're helping #88187
01/17/05 12:40 AM
01/17/05 12:40 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Don Cardi tells it like he sees it. And he sees it right...........

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: The people We're helping #88188
01/17/05 12:48 AM
01/17/05 12:48 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Don Cardi tells it like he sees it. And he sees it right...........
Actually, Plaw originally was the one to show this thing for what it really was. Unfortunately I was too emotionally "caught up" in the disaster at the time to see what Plaw had tried to point out. I sincerely tried to put aside my political views in order to stay focused on the disaster that had taken place. However after a few weeks went by and the story about how they decided to treat our country and our Soldiers came out, I realized that Plaw, (even though he is left ) was actually right about this one. Left, Right, I dunno....third base!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: The people We're helping #88189
01/17/05 07:42 AM
01/17/05 07:42 AM
istanbul
cant do it Sally Offline
Wiseguy
cant do it Sally  Offline
Wiseguy
istanbul
Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:

mr goombah

i as an asian am really getting slanted about the sincerity of the west being objective on some issues because of the ignorant gumbahs like yourself and my hope to see the world as less hateful and people less discriminated is fading away. i dont believe in god but i do wish a superpower (whatevet it may be) to exist and send a disaster upon those fucking stupids in whatever part of the world theyre living in. afghan or american i dont mind, all you imbesil nuts.

nos perituri mortem salutamus
Re: The people We're helping #88190
01/17/05 09:51 AM
01/17/05 09:51 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by cant do it Sally:
[quote]Originally posted by goombah:
[b]

mr goombah

i as an asian am really getting slanted about the sincerity of the west being objective on some issues because of the ignorant gumbahs like yourself and my hope to see the world as less hateful and people less discriminated is fading away. i dont believe in god but i do wish a superpower (whatevet it may be) to exist and send a disaster upon those fucking stupids in whatever part of the world theyre living in. afghan or american i dont mind, all you imbesil nuts. [/b][/quote]Sally,

How can you question the sincerety of the western world's intentions when all that the western world has done is try to provide help and support! The Western world has reached out far and beyond to these people! And yet the people of that region, who the western world is trying to help are spitting in our faces! Should I now hate ALL Asians or Middle Easterners because of what you have wished on us in your post? Should I judge your people based on a statement of hate that you have just made? No, we don't do that. You want to know something? I am getting pretty sick and tired of the people from your part of the world constantly bashing the countries that have, have been, or are trying to help other less fortunate countries!
I am really getting fed up with the hate that people such as your self show towards my country! But when the shit hits the fan, right away it's "Call the USA for help! Call Great Britain for help! Call Canada for help!" And then when we show our support and provide help, people such as yourself turn around and tell us all to get out and go F**k ourselves!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: The people We're helping #88191
01/17/05 10:58 AM
01/17/05 10:58 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
my hope to see the world as less hateful and people less discriminated is fading away
and I guess you blame that on AMERICAN CIVILIANS WHO ARE BEING KILLED?!?!?!

You know what, keep talking all of this sh*t. But when something happens to your country you will come begging the U.S. for support- and us "imbesil nuts" won't be smart enough to send the money to you. How about that????? Well of course the U.S. would be wrong there too.

Let a country invade yours, if you feel as strongly as you do maybe you should try calling ghostbusters before the U.S.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: The people We're helping #88192
01/17/05 12:50 PM
01/17/05 12:50 PM
istanbul
cant do it Sally Offline
Wiseguy
cant do it Sally  Offline
Wiseguy
istanbul
Don Cardi and DonMichaelCorleone

by "imbesil nuts" i referred to goombah (and other goombahs of the world from any nation, turkish or german it doesnt matter). not all westerners (or americans especially). and i'm not questioning the sincerity of the west, but just simply showing my antipathy for all these nationalistic obsessives. i'm myself an anarchist and i dont value religious/national/regional values. however, i dont hate any nation on earth. even sometimes i'm accused of blindly admiring americans by my fellow citizens that are no different than that goombah because i define myself as an anarco-capitalist being impressed by the objectivist thought and some american authors (like ayn rand, nathaniel branden, etc..)

all that aside, i'm in no way an enemy of the west but i find your comments (about begging help of the us) wrong cause my country never called teh us for help in any period of the history. dont want to get into politics yet, if you'd like, i wont say no.

regards

nos perituri mortem salutamus
Re: The people We're helping #88193
01/17/05 04:18 PM
01/17/05 04:18 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by cant do it Sally:
Don Cardi and DonMichaelCorleone

i find your comments (about begging help of the us) wrong cause my country never called teh us for help in any period of the history. dont want to get into politics yet, if you'd like, i wont say no.

regards
Before you make statements like that, please know what you are talking about my friend.

Turkey has long been a client of
the United States. According to independent researchers using government figures,
since 1993 President Clinton had approved $8.3 billion worth of giveaways to Turkey. After Israel and Egypt (by far the leading recipients of U.S. aid), Turkey had raked in the most U.S. foreign aid, displaced in that spot at that time by Colombia.

From 1980 to 1999, The United States has given your country $4.627 billion in grant aid, and $1.982 billion in loans!

So do you still claim that Turkey has never called the USA for any help in any period of it's history? :rolleyes:

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: The people We're helping #88194
01/17/05 04:24 PM
01/17/05 04:24 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Thank you DC

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull