GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 537 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,982
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,710
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,499
Posts1,062,028
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How would have Big Paul dealt with Gotti? #1032204
03/29/22 10:56 PM
03/29/22 10:56 PM
Cleveland
A
Augustus Offline OP
Wiseguy
Augustus  Offline OP
A
Wiseguy
Cleveland
Lets play hypotheticals and say Big Paul had the chance
To deal with Ruggerio, Carniglia (sp) and Gene Gotti
For dealing in heroin.
Would have demoted all of them along with John Gotti
or would have Paul took a page from the infamous
3 Captains hit and had them plus John Gotti ambushed
I wonder if Paul would have reached out to another family
In helping him with this situation.

Re: How would have Big Paul dealt with Gotti? [Re: Augustus] #1032213
03/30/22 10:42 AM
03/30/22 10:42 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
No way,if Castellano would order the murders,Gotti,Carneglia and Ruggiero would be dead. Some say that Castellano woulnd not order to kill DeMeo but the truth is that the Gambinos was plenty of killers.

Re: How would have Big Paul dealt with Gotti? [Re: Augustus] #1032222
03/30/22 12:12 PM
03/30/22 12:12 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
At that time Gigante was handling the killing of killing anyone dealing drugs, if what we read of him is true. He would have killed Gotti. Or, the entire Gotti group would have been cut off by Castellano, to avoid a bloodbath. Ruggiero seems to have been a goner either way. Gotti was able to kill Castellano because he had Locascio and Gravano along with others backing him. If Castellano cuts him off earlier, Castellano live, but spends his remaining years in prison,

Re: How would have Big Paul dealt with Gotti? [Re: Augustus] #1032225
03/30/22 12:49 PM
03/30/22 12:49 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
I think the key player in the whole scenario was Neil Dallacroce. He was able to stall Castellano from getting the "Ruggiero tapes",which bought the crew some time.
He knew that once Paul heard the recordings,some action would have to be taken. Neil may have figured that he could sitdown with Paul and get Gotti off the hook as far as getting executed,but I agree that Angie would have to go. He was pretty much the sacrifice play.
Bu the same token,I believe that as long as Neil was alive,Gotti would have never dared to make a move on Paul.
Dellacroce would never sanction a non-Commission ordered hit on a sitting Boss.
In fact I think Neil was so old school that if Paul ordered him to hit Gotti,he would have done it,no questions asked.

Re: How would have Big Paul dealt with Gotti? [Re: Lou_Para] #1032433
04/03/22 12:48 AM
04/03/22 12:48 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
Originally Posted by Lou_Para
I think the key player in the whole scenario was Neil Dallacroce. He was able to stall Castellano from getting the "Ruggiero tapes",which bought the crew some time.
He knew that once Paul heard the recordings,some action would have to be taken. Neil may have figured that he could sitdown with Paul and get Gotti off the hook as far as getting executed,but I agree that Angie would have to go. He was pretty much the sacrifice play.
Bu the same token,I believe that as long as Neil was alive,Gotti would have never dared to make a move on Paul.
In fact I think Neil was so old school that if Paul ordered him to hit Gotti,he would have done it,no questions asked.

I think the other key player was DeCicco, as he was really well liked and respected.
Seeing three prominent players line up behind Gotti, was enough for all to pause.

Gravano, Decicco and Joe Gallo....

Two biggest brooklyn crews with the most hitters
Gotti is from Queens
And he took over for Neil, and had basically his whole faction behind him.

This was a perfectly planned and executed, execution and take over of a family.

Re: How would have Big Paul dealt with Gotti? [Re: BensonHURST] #1032438
04/03/22 04:27 AM
04/03/22 04:27 AM
J
JackieAprile Offline
Capo
JackieAprile  Offline
J
Capo
Originally Posted by BensonHURST

I think the other key player was DeCicco, as he was really well liked and respected.
Seeing three prominent players line up behind Gotti, was enough for all to pause.

Gotti is from Queens

Yeah, but what did it result in?
All the players you mention were dead, or in jail, within 5 years
Gotti took over a powerhouse of a family that had been run really well by Paul for almost 20 years and he ran it into the ground with his ego by 1992. The Family took a good decade or so to recover from the damage Gotti and co did.

Greedy or not, remote or not, Paul ran a tight ship and the Gambinos were a powerhouse while he was at the helm.

Gotti ruined it all.

Re: How would have Big Paul dealt with Gotti? [Re: JackieAprile] #1032440
04/03/22 06:47 AM
04/03/22 06:47 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by JackieAprile
Originally Posted by BensonHURST

Gotti is from Queens

Yeah, but what did it result in?
All the players you mention were dead, or in jail, within 5 years
Gotti took over a powerhouse of a family that had been run really well by Paul for almost 20 years and he ran it into the ground with his ego by 1992. The Family took a good decade or so to recover from the damage Gotti and co did.

Greedy or not, remote or not, Paul ran a tight ship and the Gambinos were a powerhouse while he was at the helm.

Gotti ruined it all.

. Absolutely

Re: How would have Big Paul dealt with Gotti? [Re: Augustus] #1032451
04/03/22 11:33 AM
04/03/22 11:33 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Gotti didn't't ruin it, the mob was on the way out with Castellano set to get life, and Joe N. Gallo getting sent away had nothing to do with Gotti. Same for Gigante and his people. Look at the other families, they all went down, none worse than Massinos people, he picked a bunch of rats as captains and as his underboss. Then he ratted. Gotti had Locascio and a few other good men, and unlike Massino or Casso, Gotti ddi no that after his conviction Gravano hurt the Gambinos, Gotti didn't.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull