GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (CNote, DanteMoltisanti, 1 invisible), 293 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,358
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,419
Posts1,060,598
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
70's Article Columbo Members Hide Out At Farm #1020562
09/24/21 06:44 PM
09/24/21 06:44 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline OP
Capo
Primo  Offline OP
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
Four men and a woman were arrested yesterday as they were leaving an Ulster County farm that Federal agents described as a “hide?out and arsenal” for key figures in the recent Mafia gang war here.

Two of the men were Alphonse Persico, 43 years old, and Jerry Langella, 41, brother and bodyguard, respectively, of Carmine Persico, a reputed captail in the Mafia family of Joseph A. Colombo Sr.

They were arrested by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents and state policemen along with Charles Panarella, 50, Identified as an acting captain in the Colombo family; April Ballanger, 23, described as Panarella's girlfriend, and John Pate, 30.

The five people were stopped as they drove out of Blue Mountain Manor Farms, an estate owned by Carmine Persico in Saugerties, N.Y., in two cars yesterday morning.

F.B.I'gents had been seeking Persico on a Federal warrant charging him with giving false information in an application for a loan from a Brooklyn branch of Bankers Trust Company.

Langella was charged with possession of fireworks, and the three other men with possession of firearms, both state violations. Two guns allegedly were found in the car in which the three men were riding.

An application for a search warrant filed in state court in Kingston, N.Y., said that the farm, whose estimated value was put at $300,000, was being used as a hide?out by the Colombo family since the killing April 7 of Joseph Gallo, who led a rival Mafia group.

Alphonse Persico and Langella made four trips during the last five weeks to the Federal penitentiary in Atlanta to visit Carmine Persico, who began serving a 14?year sentente for hijacking there last Jan. 24.

Carmine Persico reportedly became one of the leaders of the Colombo family after Joseph Colombo was critically wounded at Columbus Circle last June 28.

Editors’ Picks

Searching for Plato With My 7-Year-Old

A History of Medical Innovation That Doesn’t Ignore the Side Effects

Faith vs. a Full Week of Work
Continue reading the main story
A number of men from the Colombo group have been staying at the Persico rarm during the last several days, the warrant application said, and they carried rifles and shotguns whenever they ventured outside any of the buildings on the estate.

In the current gang war, the application said, at least two Gallo men have been killed and five more reportedly have been marked for death.

The five men were not named, but the second member of the group murdered in addition to Joseph Gallo was listed as Gennaro Ciprio, who was shot to death outside his Brooklyn restaurant three days after the Gallo murder.

Ciprio was thought at first to have been part of the Colombo group because he was with Joseph Colombo at Columbus Circle last June.

But investigators later discovered that he had switched allegiance to the Gallo group.

I've walked along the red canal of mars
I've known kings and king makers
Poets painters and paupers
I've danced danced on the rings of Saturn
Still your pilgrim soul is the only thing that ever mattered
Re: 70's Article Columbo Members Hide Out At Farm [Re: Primo] #1020563
09/24/21 07:40 PM
09/24/21 07:40 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss