GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 537 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,982
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,710
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,499
Posts1,062,028
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I Saw Michael Moore! #74439
10/04/04 10:53 PM
10/04/04 10:53 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Hey guys,

Sorry I havent posted in a while, a long while, but I'm very busy watching films so that I may become a true Doctor of Film. But as many of you don't know, a big part of my life is politics. I usually just browse our political threads but perhaps I will become active in them now with November creeping up. I've been in love with Moore ever since I saw The Awful Truth on TV so many years ago. I have seen all his works including Bowling and Farenheit (Obviously), and I believe his work just gets better.(Bowling was his best in my opinion) I also have read his books: Dude, Where's My Country and Stupid White Men.

Anyways, I go to Michigan State University and as you Moore fans know, he loves MSU. It's the only hat he wears in BFC. He is currently on his Slacker Uprising Tour and MSU was one location in his first week. He came here FREE OF CHARGE! I was alerted in my MSU Democratic Party mail, which I am a member of. He also visited U of M and other small colleges. I waited for 3 hours out in the cold and I was seventh in line when I got there at 9:30 A.M. for his 12:00 P.M. show. By 11:30 when they opened the doors, there was well over 3,000 kids waiting. I was seventh! HA! I was in the front center and he came out and talked for hours about Bush and Kerry and Voting. He was amazing, but he's incredibly shy. He came out with his hands in pockets and shyly nodding to us. He was 10 feet from me! I was in awe. He is incredibly large though, tall but very, very heavy. He got very into his speeches and would start screaming. It was amazing. He showed us bonus features from the DVD coming out tomorrow. He even had fake Bush campaign ad's that had everyone, including myself, rolling.

It was definetely the most entertaining 2 hours ever. He was a larger than life character and really has a hold on his charisma and humor. I hope you guys get to see him, he truely is wonderful and creative.

P.S. Please don't let this thread turn into a Bush or Kerry bashing thread. Let's just dicuss Mr. Moore. (I know the two are hand in hand but, you know)

Doctor Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74440
10/04/04 11:07 PM
10/04/04 11:07 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Hi Don Ferro,

I must say you do have guts to start this thread. I don't know that it's possible to continue without an outbreak of some kind, as most here absolutely hate Moore, but I'll try to ask lightweight questions so as not to start anything.

First of all, I am from Michigan (Grand Rapids), so you're kind of in my hometown area. :p

I read that Moore was touring. Don't think he's gonna be in California tho. Anyway, was he well received, were there any kind of protestors or was it peacful? I heard he shows his movie at each campus, is that true?

Glad you enjoyed it and sounds like you had a great seat.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74441
10/04/04 11:47 PM
10/04/04 11:47 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Hi TIS,

Yes it's true, he does show his movie on all campuses he goes to. We are showing Fareinheit now on campus.

He was very well recieved, like I said, there was over 3,000 people by the time the doors opened. A car was driving by back and forth with a big fake "dummy"(excuse the Pun) of Bush with a sign that said 2+2=5 Trust Me. The dummy's pants were on fire too. That was funny.

The MSU Republican party came around too before we went in with signs and shouting "4 more years" with the 3,000 replying "no more lies".

It was definetely very interesting but when we were all seated, Moore asked if there was any Republicans in the audience and a few stood. People booed but Moore said not to because they were welcome here too. He thought everyone should be welcome because just a week ago the Bush daughters were here and only card holding republicans were allowed admittance. He stated that "we should welcome these Republicans because we have something to teach them."

It was really great.

Doctor Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74442
10/04/04 11:49 PM
10/04/04 11:49 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Don Ferro, that is so cool man that you got to see him! Do you know if he's coming to Texas anytime soon? Also, how where his books compared to his movies? I haven't seen anything else other than Bowling for Columbine & Fahrenheit 9/11, but I LOVED both movies because he's an average Joe doing what I can't! I think he's funny & doing what he enjoys. Everyone hates him like he's the anti-Christ, but he's just exercising his free speech & doing what he believes in and God bless him for that.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74443
10/05/04 12:02 AM
10/05/04 12:02 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
I'm not sure about Texas but he probably will because it has a large number of electorial votes. Even though he would be massacred there, he might go, nothing seems to intimidate him. You cn check his website http://www.michaelmoore.com for his tour dates and info. He adds new places on everyday so keep checking.

His Book, Dude, Where's My Country is very much like Fareinhiet 9/11, but has the documented facts in the back of it on all of his claims in the book. The book relates to the movie but goes deeper into some of the explainations. Places where only books can go. You should check out his film Roger and Me, which takes place in Flint MI about the GM plant closings. I live about 30 minutes from Flint. But in Bowling for Columbine, he was just right down the street filming at our local K-Marts for the bullet buying scenes. They are about 5 minutes away. The k-mart headquarters where he got the bullet sales revoked is also just down the street a little farther. A lot of what Moore does is right in my hometown and around us. It's very interesting.

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74444
10/05/04 12:28 AM
10/05/04 12:28 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
They'd have to pay me a hefty sum of money to see Micheal Moore.

And even then I wouldn't go.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74445
10/05/04 12:56 AM
10/05/04 12:56 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
Did you get close enough to throw a steaming pile of dog shit at him?

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74446
10/05/04 06:58 AM
10/05/04 06:58 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Awesome Don Ferro. A true American politician with no fear is what Moore is. Fahrenheit 9/11 is out today, BTW!

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74447
10/05/04 11:01 AM
10/05/04 11:01 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Cool picture Nice Guy Eddie, but I didn't know Saddam was in town for the Oscars

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74448
10/05/04 01:33 PM
10/05/04 01:33 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Yeah, it was truely great. He spoke on so many issues.

I just picked up the DVD. I pre-ordered it so it was waiting for me, which was cool.

I only wish the Fake Bush campaign ads he made were on it. If he ever comes to a town near you, I highly recommend seeing his show.

He also mentioned he's doing everything possible to get Fahrenheit on TV the night of Nov.1, which would be awesome. He want's everyone to show his DVD to everyone they know. He says to burn copies of them and give them to people you know, even those you don't.

So go out there and show everyone the film guys.

Enjoy,
Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74449
10/05/04 01:46 PM
10/05/04 01:46 PM
Toronto
SicilianMafia Offline
Capo
SicilianMafia  Offline
Capo
Toronto
Did you get close enough to punch the fat fuck in the face?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74450
10/05/04 05:09 PM
10/05/04 05:09 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Excellent, Don Ferro! Welcome back, by the way. Film is an expensive hobby, in money and time equally, isn't it! As an unemployed film lover, it's frightening as to where the money actually comes from!

Regarding your Moore spotting: I'd love to meet him. All these Bush bummers who hate him really must know what they're talking about, since they have seen his films.....right?

Wrong. They pass judgement on him and call him a liar without even seeing his films. In all honesty, such narrow-minded people are unlikely to be deterred by Fahrenheit, but the fact they refuse to see it only magnifies their pretentiousness.

On the Pulp Fiction SE, Tarantino is interviewed by Moore at a film festival. I must say, Moore seems a tad ignorant at times when asking Tarantino questions, but that was going by one interview. His films are great, and superbly edited: in many years from now, assuming the world has gotten itself out of the bloody damned mess in which it now seems trapped, historians will be watching 9/11 as fine examples of propaganda. Good luck to him, too.

And why does everybody try to insult him by calling him fat? He is American, after all.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74451
10/05/04 05:38 PM
10/05/04 05:38 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Mick, that's the only insult that they can throw at him. Since they don't have any "facts" to rebuff what he says, they have to be shallow and make fun of him physically. Pretty elementary to me too.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74452
10/05/04 05:49 PM
10/05/04 05:49 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Ewww Fat slob

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74453
10/05/04 05:51 PM
10/05/04 05:51 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Wrong. They pass judgement on him and call him a liar without even seeing his films. In all honesty, such narrow-minded people are unlikely to be deterred by Fahrenheit, but the fact they refuse to see it only magnifies their pretentiousness.
They don't need to see his films to bash his political stances as there are many other ways to view them, his site, interviews, etc. I've seen Bowling For Columbine and I have to say it as horrid. I love his half-truths. Using Canada as leverage to America even though there is a MAJOR population difference.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74454
10/05/04 06:10 PM
10/05/04 06:10 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Sure there's a population difference, but I think he was going with the concept of why we kill each other so much more than other countries. Other than population difference, why do you Don Vercetti (and this is not an attack, I'm just wondering your opinion), but why do you think we are so "gun crazy" & why we have so many gun related deaths each year?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74455
10/05/04 06:23 PM
10/05/04 06:23 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

From memory I recollect him comparing, but excluding Japan and England, obviously for size difference, then Canada, which he kept for it's larger then US size. He compares how they have less crime, which I can easily see.

USA = 290,809,777 in 2003 (increasing yearly)
Canada = 30,007,094 in 2001 (couldn't find 2003)

That means we are about 9.6 times the size of Canada, which is why I see such difference although I take note that laws do effect variables. I love how he states many Canadians do not lock their doors (which were probably paid people) and I hear that a large group of Canadians said he was false on that. Also a classic is the bank scene, which is stupidity. I know he admitted it but still, getting a gun over counter? First, it's a coupon, second, background checks are made. There is also a much larger list of lies in BFC someone posted a while back I would suggest checking out.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74456
10/05/04 08:46 PM
10/05/04 08:46 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

My Random Quotes On This Thread:

I feel bad. At least my University gets good speakers like Donald Trump and Ann Coulter.

---

All you got was a liberal. Bah, I could walk down the street and find one of those.

---

I guess Moore is quite "broad-scoped," since we are all narrow minded.

---

We don't have enough villages to name all the Moore's supports as "village idiots."

---

Let's take all the Moore supporters, 'round them up, and then ask them to turn to their right. Oops, they can't...their too busy leaning to the left.

---

You're right, I haven't seen Michael Moore's films, but that's okay, because it looks like Michael Moore hasn't looked at facts, so I figure we're even.

---

Okay, Bush isn't perfect, Kerry isn't perfect, and in fact, we have kinda crappy choices for an election. But to think that Bush is the downfall of the United States today is ignorant, and his film reminds me of a sort of McCarthy-esque "members of congress communists" type shockumentary.

---

Isn't it interesting how one network, FoxNews, can be hailed as the evil empire and how conservatives alter the news, yet CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC all tend to lean more to the left? I think poor Fox is outnumbered. It goes to show you how paranoid the left is.

---

Why did Michael Moore leave the RNC after John McCain's speech? Didn't he like seeing smart, honest people react to his film, as opposed to the idiot left wing druids?

---

They let Michael Moore into a University? I thought that college was a place for knowledge. I guess I was wrong.

---

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again. I lean to the right. I tend to think conservative. I support the New York Yankees.

Hail me as the grand zilch of an evil empire.

---

I like the local politicians in my district, who are democrats, talking about the tax cuts for millionaires. Quite interesting. Why doesn't anyone talk about Kerry's tax record?

---

A debate tonight? Ugh. It's gonna be "Working Class John" against a "Hardcore Dick." We have a competition between a portipotty and a male reproductive organ.

---

No friggin' way! I demand a recount! You mean that, since he died, it's okay for liberals to associate with Ronald Reagan? The guy who previously was hailed as an irrational spender and the idiot behind Star Wars? Oops.

---

Wait...let me get this straight...Mr. Kerry...if we give up all our nuclear weapons, and ask other countries to disarm after we do...we will be safer? I forgot. The terrorists are waiting for us to stop fighting, and then they will play nice, and stop killing us.

---

Why don't we just pull out of Iraq and let Israel just fucking knock out her enemies? I mean, let's do what George Washington said, be isolationist, and stay out of Europe and other countries affairs.

---

It just goes to show - take the right path...and you won't end up like Michael Moore. He took a left. :p

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74457
10/05/04 08:53 PM
10/05/04 08:53 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
From memory I recollect him comparing, but excluding Japan and England, obviously for size difference, then Canada, which he kept for it's larger then US size. He compares how they have less crime, which I can easily see.

That means we are about 9.6 times the size of Canada, which is why I see such difference although I take note that laws do effect variables. I love how he states many Canadians do not lock their doors (which were probably paid people) and I hear that a large group of Canadians said he was false on that. Also a classic is the bank scene, which is stupidity. I know he admitted it but still, getting a gun over counter? First, it's a coupon, second, background checks are made. There is also a much larger list of lies in BFC someone posted a while back I would suggest checking out.
I believe he included the UK. Also, we're learning about this now in World Cultures, the US does NOT a major population compared to many countries in Asia and Europe. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74458
10/06/04 12:26 AM
10/06/04 12:26 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
If you havent seen his films and have no proof for the accusations of his "lies in them",(How would you know what he is even talking about if you DONT SEE HIS FILMS!?), THEN SHUT-UP! You have NO say here! How would you like it if I whined and cried about Bush being a bad president or complaining about the State of the Nation, IF I NEVER VOTED?! This is the same situation. Most repulicans in the U.S. Government have not seen this film. Your party tells you to boo the film, so you boo. It's scary that people here who consider themselves movie buffs are judging a film without seeing it. What's the matter? Afraid you might learn something? SOMETHING DOCUMENTED BY FACTUAL REFRENCES?

As for the cheap shots at Moore's weight, wow, can you really find nothing else about this guy other than his weight to accuse him of being a liar?

And as for your comments on being close enough to throw shit at him or punch his face. I was close enough to do so, but I chose rather to cheer him on and extend my hand in graditude.

Michael Moore is a model American. He questions our leadership as any good American should do when they believe they are being mislead. He has brought a consiousness to America and has spoke up for those who have no voice.
Sorry, not everyone is best friends with a "base" of elites. A voice was needed and he undertook the monumental task of exposing a corrupt government. We should all be greatful. My fellow democrats on this board understand this.

Doctor Ferro

P.S. Don't worry too much fellow democrats, he's only got a few more months, that's why they are scared and accusing Kerry of everything from flip-flopping, to not putting the seat down after using the bathroom. They know, their time is up.

Kerry 04

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74459
10/06/04 02:27 AM
10/06/04 02:27 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
It's scary that people here who consider themselves movie buffs are judging a film without seeing it.
I've never seen Leonard part 6 either but I'm pretty sure it sucks to.

Quote:
As for the cheap shots at Moore's weight, wow, can you really find nothing else about this guy other than his weight to accuse him of being a liar?
There's plenty of things about that fat bastard to make fun of but weighing 400+ makes him such an easy target.

Quote:
And as for your comments on being close enough to throw shit at him or punch his face. I was close enough to do so, but I chose rather to cheer him on and extend my hand in graditude.
I guess that makes you part of the problem instead of the solution.

Quote:
Michael Moore is a model American.
More like a model for Weight Watchers.

Quote:
We should all be greatful.
I'd be greatful if someone shoved an aids infected gerbil up his fat ass.

Quote:
My fellow democrats on this board understand this.
You meen my fellow commie homos.

Quote:
...that's why they are scared and accusing Kerry of everything from flip-flopping...
"I actually voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it." John Kerry

I'm Nice Guy Eddie, and I approved this message.

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74460
10/06/04 06:08 AM
10/06/04 06:08 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

If you havent seen his films and have no proof for the accusations of his "lies in them",(How would you know what he is even talking about if you DONT SEE HIS FILMS!?), THEN SHUT-UP!

You DON'T need to see his films to KNOW his political beliefs. This isn't a debate of film this is A POLITICAL debate. You act like his movies are the ONLY way he spreads his messege.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74461
10/06/04 10:41 AM
10/06/04 10:41 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
[quote] My fellow democrats on this board understand this.
You meen my fellow commie homos. [/quote]Wow, so now I'm a commie homo because I vote Democrat? Hum, I guess we learn something new everyday (espeically about someone's character)

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74463
10/06/04 11:34 AM
10/06/04 11:34 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Partagas:
[quote]Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b] All these Bush bummers who hate him really must know what they're talking about, since they have seen his films.....right?

Mick
What about us Republicans that have seen the film? Do we have a right to check the facts and make an honest judgement or do we have to take Mr. Moore's word as the gospel truth.

The "narrow-minded people" statement goes both ways. I can only speak to the showing I attended. However, I felt like I was at a Democratic campaign rally. Cheering before the movie started, while it was going on, and stil afterward. Did these same "open-minded" individuals bother to dig into the allegations of Mr. Moore's "documentary" to make an honest judgement or did the fact they DID see the film
"magnify their pretentiousness"

Bottom line: I don't think the film changed the mind of one eyota in the audience. If they were a "Bush Bummer" before they saw the film -- probably still are. If they were a Bush-Basher before they saw the film -- I am sure they still are. I would encourage those that saw the film to check the allegations Mr. Moore brought up in his film to make an educated informed decision. [/b][/quote]Now these are educated comments. This kind of rebuttle is what the Democratic process is all about. Sure Moore is fat, he admits it and I admit it. But its a sorry day when being fat invalidates someone's political beliefs.

I believe it is true, Bush fans will continue to be Bush fans after this film. As will Moore fans. But that is the nature of the "Two-Party System". Your party is infallible to all critisism, this is true for Democrats and Republicans. This is a classic example of operant conditioning. We have heard our party's statements so much, that anything else is just wrong.

I belive the film is a magnificently put together work of art. It presents the Facts in a entertaing, informative way. I would much rather take the opinion of an informed Republican who has reviewed the film and Moore's standpoint, then an uniformed clod accusing Moore of being a liar over his weight, grow up guys. Take a note from Partagas, if you are gonna fight, fight smart.

Doctor Ferro

P.S. I also encourage all people to check the facts in the film from a reliable source.

Here's to good, healthy debate.

Kerry 04

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74464
10/06/04 11:37 AM
10/06/04 11:37 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Quote:
[quote]
What about us Republicans that have seen the film? Do we have a right to check the facts and make an honest judgement or do we have to take Mr. Moore's word as the gospel truth.

The "narrow-minded people" statement goes both ways. I can only speak to the showing I attended. However, I felt like I was at a Democratic campaign rally. Cheering before the movie started, while it was going on, and stil afterward. Did these same "open-minded" individuals bother to dig into the allegations of Mr. Moore's "documentary" to make an honest judgement or did the fact they DID see the film

Bottom line: I don't think the film changed the mind of one eyota in the audience. If they were a "Bush Bummer" before they saw the film -- probably still are. If they were a Bush-Basher before they saw the film -- I am sure they still are. I would encourage those that saw the film to check the allegations Mr. Moore brought up in his film to make an educated informed decision. [/QB][/quote]I agree - I don't think the film changed anyone's mind except that it may have brought some issues to the minds of voters and they may be curious enough to pay attention to these issues. I can't comment on the film itself because I haven't seen it, but I would never take anything someone that has a political motivation says as pure fact. Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Al Franken all have an agenda and everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74465
10/06/04 11:40 AM
10/06/04 11:40 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
As for being a commie homo, nice shot Eddie, but the communists don't support Kerry. They are flat out Anti-Bush. There are more than 2 parties here in America, including the American Communist Party, and as many of you other political people here are well informed, many Americans share the anybody but Bush saying. Even the commies I guess.

By the way, Cheney's daughter is a homo. You would not want to insult good ol' Cheney would ya?

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74466
10/06/04 11:50 AM
10/06/04 11:50 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] From memory I recollect him comparing, but excluding Japan and England, obviously for size difference, then Canada, which he kept for it's larger then US size. He compares how they have less crime, which I can easily see.

I believe he included the UK. Also, we're learning about this now in World Cultures, the US does NOT a major population compared to many countries in Asia and Europe. -Pat [/b][/quote]Yeah, but I suggest checking the World Bank or the IMF. Just because of population, doesn't indicate anything with regards to economic status.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74467
10/06/04 03:37 PM
10/06/04 03:37 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] From memory I recollect him comparing, but excluding Japan and England, obviously for size difference, then Canada, which he kept for it's larger then US size. He compares how they have less crime, which I can easily see.

I believe he included the UK. Also, we're learning about this now in World Cultures, the US does NOT a major population compared to many countries in Asia and Europe. -Pat [/b][/quote]Yeah, but I suggest checking the World Bank or the IMF. Just because of population, doesn't indicate anything with regards to economic status. [/b][/quote]Ummmmmmm. The economy doesn't really play a major part in what we're talking about. People are going to get guns and do serious crimes if they really want to. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74468
10/06/04 04:32 PM
10/06/04 04:32 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
What about us Republicans that have seen the film? Do we have a right to check the facts and make an honest judgement or do we have to take Mr. Moore's word as the gospel truth?

Bottom line: I don't think the film changed the mind of one eyota in the audience. If they were a "Bush Bummer" before they saw the film -- probably still are. If they were a Bush-Basher before they saw the film -- I am sure they still are. I would encourage those that saw the film to check the allegations Mr. Moore brought up in his film to make an educated informed decision.
Part, if you have seen the film, then my post wasn't addressing you. And I finished with the "He is American" as I don't quite udnerstand why so many people call him fat when they themselves are a citizen of the supposedly fattest nation on Earth. Orson Welles was fat. Pavarotti is fat. Maradona's fat. But calling them so doesn't really degrade their talent or medium in a convincing way at all, really.

Most documentaries don't change the public opinion, especially ones that are presented like Moore's was--an informal, biased piece of propaganda. Whether it was aimed at Kerry supporters or Bush supporters, it's highly unlikely to work either way; the former will only feel stronger in their hatred of Bush, and the latter will effectively boycott the whole film anyway.

But Moore's succeeding at one thing: making Kerry haters wet their pants a little, so to speak; I think that's evident in the fact that every other post in this garbage pile right now is a Kerry-bashing "thread", in which three of four of the same predictable batch post their little insults and whiny jokes and even go to great lengths of research at university to back up their opinion, allowing politics to take over their pitiable lives.

Oh well.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: I Saw Michael Moore! #74469
10/06/04 05:30 PM
10/06/04 05:30 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
i just find it funny liberals keep slinging the "narrow-minded" insult at conservatives because we haven't seen a film where the opinions displayed in it are plastered all over the internet, television, magazines and other sources, anyways. :rolleyes:

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull