I guess I'd better just get straight to the point.
I'm a scriptwriter and I'm writing a crime drama about the mob and I want to hear some opinions from some people who know this stuff and who have been familiar with this culture longer than I have.

The backbone of the series is about a fictional family in Chicago who are under threat from a organisation of gangsters-come-terrorists. The situation is desperate and the family face extinction.

Cutting a long story short, a twelve year old girl ends up in their custody who's been in the hands of their enemies. She's an outsider who knows too much, about both the family and their enemies. They take the risk and decide to keep her as she might be their best chance at surviving this crisis since she knows things about their enemy that they don't.

The story ends up centring around Ricco (soldato) and Emily (the young girl) as she's fostered by Ricco and his wife and a father/daughter relationship begins to form. With all the arguments and fall outs you can expect from a parent and teenager, as well as all the make-ups and emotional moments.

The idea of having a a mob story centre around a young girl (even if there’s a male lead to join her) is a concept I have not seen before and I want to know if it sounds like a great idea or if it sounds like it could never work out.
This is the gamble one takes when they come up with an original idea. And I would like to hear plenty of opinions before I carry on writing the script.

- "Don't you have any rules?"
- "Sure I do. I make them up as I go along."