GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 577 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,789
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,356
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,572
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69811
05/09/04 05:02 PM
05/09/04 05:02 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally posted by Consigliere's Lady:
Hiya, TIS.....You'll be my first post!!

See ya in Chicago.

Guess who? tongue
"L" is that you?????? eek smile Finally joined???? Am I right???

Looking forward to painting the town!! grin I'll buy you a drink!!! wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69812
05/09/04 05:05 PM
05/09/04 05:05 PM
Long Island, NY
Consigliere's Lady Offline
Wiseguy
Consigliere's Lady  Offline
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
"L" is that you??????
Its me!! [Linked Image]

Call ya later (after "The Sopranos")

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69813
05/09/04 05:53 PM
05/09/04 05:53 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Hey, The Famous Lori! Heard a lot about you (don't worry; all good)! smile Welcome aboard.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69814
05/09/04 06:53 PM
05/09/04 06:53 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Hey, it is SC's handler.

What took you so long to join?

Now the big Question, Where on Long Island?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69815
05/09/04 07:53 PM
05/09/04 07:53 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Consigliere's Lady:
[b] "L" is that you??????
Its me!! [Linked Image]

Call ya later (after "The Sopranos") [/b]
Welcome Lori, it is nice to have you join us! SC, watch out! You were once "my most valued and trusted friend," but now Lori may just have to become "my most valued and trusted friend!" wink
Ok, Ok you both are! smile

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69816
05/09/04 07:54 PM
05/09/04 07:54 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
TIS - Where do you see other tours? I thought they were all combined into one... that was my impression. confused

I'm all for the tour, why not. After the Cubs game. Douche: I don't care if we have bleacher seats or whatever, anywhere would be fun. But do you think someone will have to preorder a block of seats? I would think so...

Hi, Lori! [Linked Image] grin

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69817
05/09/04 08:13 PM
05/09/04 08:13 PM
California

California
Geoff,

I just did a general search on Chicago tours and got that page. It isn't associated with the Mob Wear Convention that I know of. Just wanted to see what else was available and decided to do some research. grin

As far as the a purchase of tickets, yea, go ahead and buy a block.....check's in the mail!! lol (will have to figure something out I guess, but who's gonna want to spring for the whole thing? that's the question). Yet, if we each buy our own, we take a chance that one or some of us won't get on the tour don't we??

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69818
05/24/04 01:17 PM
05/24/04 01:17 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
So are we going to the convention-sponsored tour or what? If so, we should get tix right away. Or should we see what other tours there are in the area?

And DS, see my previous post please smile

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69819
05/24/04 11:29 PM
05/24/04 11:29 PM
California

California
Hi Geoff, wink

I'd like to go on at least one of these gangster tours, and am sort of waiting to see what everyone wants to do. If we don't get this tour, we still have others to choose from when we get there right???(unless they get booked up). confused Is it better to wait????

Just count me in whatever is decided. I will buy a ticket as soon as we know for sure. I think SC & L were interested. Don't know about Don Cardi (I pm'd him a while back but haven't heard) and don't know anyone else who is going to Chicago for sure. Do you?

TIS

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69820
05/25/04 02:02 AM
05/25/04 02:02 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
TIS & JG -

"L" and I would like to see that "Ghost Tour" (Saturday night). The other tour ("The Gangster Tour") would also be "do-able"....its about 2½ hours long, and we can catch the Friday morning tour (when there isn't anything else organized going on).

I'll PM you a chart of the organized activities I made up. It shows whats being offered at a given time. We don't want to get into the trap of having this trip rigidly planned, but its certainly worth considering specific events now.

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69821
05/26/04 03:00 PM
05/26/04 03:00 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Okay, let's figure this out and get a show of hands.

Tour possibilities:

1) " Gangsters, Ghosts and Chicago Mysteries Tour " - A special-edition of Ghost Tours that departs from the hotel. Saturday, 7pm-midnight. $40.

PROS: Leaves from the hotel; mix of gangster stuff & supernatural stuff (some would consider that a con maybe wink )
CONS: 5 hours is a long time (and cuts into alcohol consumption time lol )

I have a big interest in the supernatural, so this could be interesting.

2) " Untouchable Tours " - 2 hours - Fri-Sun, (10am, 1pm); Fri 7:30pm; Sat 5pm. Leaves from downtown. $24

I'm wondering if this would be redundant in addition to the first one, altho it looks like they have some fun w/ costumes and such - check out the site grin

Let's get a hand count and then contact the convention to see if there are enough seats available for all interested. Tour 2 also requires reservations, but I'm sure there won't be a sell-out.

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69822
05/26/04 09:58 PM
05/26/04 09:58 PM
California

California
Ok, someone has to start the ball rolling. I will go with the "Ghost Tour", but would even consider doing both, if time permits. grin

I too would like to have some time for us all just to hang out for a bit, but the convention is for three days, and I'm guessing will be able to make our own "down" time, having maybe nice leisurely dinner/drinks??? What do ya think?

We will be able to go to the Loop won't we??
We need to find out the name of a good Italian restaurant in the area. Don Sicilia?????

TIS

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69823
05/27/04 07:52 AM
05/27/04 07:52 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Can't you just take a lifesize cardboard cut of myself and pretend I went. Take a few pictures - no one will know the difference.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69824
05/27/04 07:54 AM
05/27/04 07:54 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

...Or cover someone in newspaper - again, no one will know the difference.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69826
05/28/04 05:37 PM
05/28/04 05:37 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I too would like to have some time for us all just to hang out for a bit, but the convention is for three days, and I'm guessing will be able to make our own "down" time, having maybe nice leisurely dinner/drinks??? What do ya think?

TIS
Being that the Tour takes up most of the Saturady evening, and some want to go and some may not, how about this idea. Saturday Morning we have a " Goodfellas / Goodladies " breakfast? Maybe we could get the Host Hotel to possibly set us up for a breakfast that Saturday Morning, say around 9:00AM or so. Just a suggestion.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69827
06/01/04 09:44 AM
06/01/04 09:44 AM
California

California
Hi Don C! Yea, breakfast is good! As a matter of fact, so is lunch & dinner. I can eat most anytime!! tongue

Btw, I got my air tickets last week, so I'm all booked. For those who are going, if it matters, the admission tickets to the convention are $30 thru June 30th (for the weekend), and after that they up to $40. I plan to send for them this week.

Already it's June!!! Time will fly now doubt. I am looking forward to meeting those I haven't met yet, and also seeing the new friends I have already met. smile

TIS

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69828
06/02/04 12:09 AM
06/02/04 12:09 AM
California

California
Hey guys! For those who are planning to go to this convention. I am sending my money for my ticket to the convention. I sent it to the address that Harry Lawrence gave me, thinking it's not a P.O.(like on the website) and since I've communicated with Harry a couple times, feel like I'm sending it to a "person". tongue

Anyway, I mentioned to him that we didn't know about the tour, and didn't have an exact number of how many..if we go. This is part of his reply to me:

" As far as the tour goes, unfortunately, I will have to let him know in the next couple weeks if we have enough interest. If not, we are not going to be able to do it. I'm hoping we get enough interest. Where are you all coming in from? It's kind of evciting to see where people are coming from. The farthest so far has been liverpool, England! As soon as I get your check I will let you...Thanks again-Harry"

TIS

Oh, I told Mr. Lawrence how great this board was and I invited come browse sometime. grin

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69829
06/09/04 04:05 AM
06/09/04 04:05 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I'm not going to be able to attend the convention after all. I have to leave for California with my brother this Friday. To bring some stuff back, as a result of my grandmothers death.

Oh well better luck next time.

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69830
06/09/04 09:05 AM
06/09/04 09:05 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Iceman, but I don't get it -- the convention is a solid 3 months from now... confused

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69831
06/09/04 09:42 AM
06/09/04 09:42 AM
California

California
I was wondering the same thing Geoff! confused

Anyway, Iceman, although it's been a bit gloomy the last couple days, it's a great time to come to California. The weather should be beautiful. San Diego right?

TIS

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69832
06/09/04 02:08 PM
06/09/04 02:08 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Iceman, but I don't get it -- the convention is a solid 3 months from now... confused
I forgot to mention that I'll be using up all my vacation that I have left, so therefore that's why I won't be able to go.

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69833
06/09/04 04:21 PM
06/09/04 04:21 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Since I am not attending, you can take my opinions and toss them out, but having once lived in Chicago and having family there I thought I would share some thoughts.

Most of the buildings that were the attractions for Capone and gangster buffs have been torn down. The tours would be fun but I think you will be driving by a lot places where buildings used to be. For instance, the hotels where Capone lived (Metropole and Lexington) are gone - the Lexington torn down at the time of the famous Geraldo special. The Hawthorne Inn, in Cicero, is also gone.

The garage from the St. Valentine's Day massacre is gone - there is an apartment building there now. There is a great restaurant called the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company across the street from the site of the hit. It has a unique kind of pizza that is more like a pot pie than deep dish pizza. The crust is on top. Rumor has it that the building the restaurant is in was used as a lookout prior to the hit.

You can still (or you could 7 years ago when I was there last) drive by the Capone house on S. Prarie Avenue. It's a pretty plain brownstone type house.

The Biograph Theater, where Dillinger was gunned down, is still there on Lincoln Avenue. My uncle took me past the house where Giancana lived in Oak Park, but I don't think I could find the place now.

Like I said, a lot of the old places are gone, but the fun of it would be to gather with Godfather fans and see the show they put on.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69834
06/09/04 09:40 PM
06/09/04 09:40 PM
California

California
Don Marco,

Thanks for your input. It's been years since I've been to Chicago, and even the times I was there, I wouldn't know anything about the famous gangster locations. ohwell

From what you described, maybe much of the "Ghost Tour" is just that. I would imagine they'd add a little something to it though. I'm still open to whatever everyone decides.

BTW, I'm asking around, can you recommend good Italian restaurants you know of in Chicago that would be fitting to our group?

Thanks

TIS

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69835
06/10/04 09:47 AM
06/10/04 09:47 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
TIS - Sorry to say that the last Italian restaurant I went to in the Chicago area is part of a chain - it's called Mangiano's and has a few locations in the area. It's good, but it lacks the "homey" feel.

Whenever I'm in Chicago I go to either Greek restaurants or get steak/ribs. Carson's Ribs - I love 'em.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69836
06/10/04 08:03 PM
06/10/04 08:03 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
So can we get an early count now on who is definatley going so far?

I'm There.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Chicago Gangster Con Board Updated #69837
06/10/04 08:07 PM
06/10/04 08:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
An Idea, but I must present it to OUR DON GEOFF.

Don Geoff, How about you start a new thread which will ONLY be for people WHO ARE DEFINATLEY going to the convention. NOT any maybes or I think so's, but a thread for DEFINATES. This we we can keep an accurate count in this new thread without having to scan through the many different posts in this one. Is this ok with you Don Geoff?

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull