GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, 1 invisible), 425 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,397
Posts1,060,119
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: getthesenets] #837994
04/16/15 05:52 PM
04/16/15 05:52 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Fair and valid point.I'm just saying that powerful interests use their lobbying and influence to get benefits,provisions,loopholes that benefit them. All perfectly legal. I just don't always buy the propaganda that it all benefits the American worker in the long run.

I think slowly but surely American workers are starting to question some of these actions.I mean in some sectors American workers are being outsourced by "foreign workers" who are actually brought HERE to do the work...and all sorts of chicanery . It's about the bottom line, always has been, always will be.."Trickle down economics" or whatever term big business is calling it these days is pretty much a smokescreen.

You dedicated your entire second paragraph to this. Immigration law trumps tax law. If H1B visas didn't exist, Corporations could not hire cheap skilled foreign workers.

As far as lobbying, yeah, absolutely. There are lobbyists for everything. There is the gun lobby, the immigration lobby, the union lobby, the wall street lobby. And yes, its all legal.I don't like it either. But without it, legislation would not get passed.

For example, I am a gun owner and supporter. Now, do I like the NRA? No. Do I agree with everything they stand for? No, but I am a member because I know that without the NRA pro gun legislation would not get passed and anti gun legislation would not get blocked.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/16/15 05:52 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837996
04/16/15 06:01 PM
04/16/15 06:01 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@IF,

I was calling BS on the Big Business talking point that some of their actions benefit or are meant to benefit American workers in the "long run". It's a smokescreen. There are highly skilled and English speaking workers across the globe that American companies can pay much less to and when given the loopholes to do it via outsourcing or other methods, of course they will do it.It benefits the bottom line.
Just don't insult people's intelligence by peeing on our legs and then tell us it's raining.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: getthesenets] #838010
04/16/15 08:36 PM
04/16/15 08:36 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
@IF,

I was calling BS on the Big Business talking point that some of their actions benefit or are meant to benefit American workers in the "long run". It's a smokescreen. There are highly skilled and English speaking workers across the globe that American companies can pay much less to and when given the loopholes to do it via outsourcing or other methods, of course they will do it.It benefits the bottom line.
Just don't insult people's intelligence by peeing on our legs and then tell us it's raining.

Can't say I disagree with this sentiment. But like I have repeatedly stated, there are no quick fixes. This is a complex issue. If the democrats came up with some moderate legislation that could fix the problem with outsourcing, I'd be all ears.

41(d) QUALIFIED RESEARCH DEFINED.--

41(d)(4) ACTIVITIES FOR WHICH CREDIT NOT ALLOWED.--The term “qualified research”
shall not include any of the following:

41(d)(4)(F) FOREIGN RESEARCH.--Any research conducted outside the United States, the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any possession of the United States

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/16/15 08:42 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #838014
04/16/15 09:36 PM
04/16/15 09:36 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
if I am correct. then Walmart, and many other global corporations send their money to overseas concerns so they won't be taxed.

im thinking of the cayman islands, where many large corps, have set up accounts to avoid taxes.

can anyone explain to me why this is not illegal? I haven't heard of any politician in Washington explain this situation.

From what I understand, the corporations domicile themselves overseas. So the money they park in tax havens...is not American money to begin with. You think your dealing with "US Corporations", but they are not that. If it was a corporation domiciled in the United States, then parking money in a haven would be a different story.

What no one has mentioned [or is rarely mentioned], is what country these mega corporations are domiciled in, since they are no longer "American Companies".

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #838015
04/16/15 09:42 PM
04/16/15 09:42 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever

Loopholes are written into tax codes

Such as?

in the case of what Binnie was talking about, the loopholes in Subpart F of the IRS tax code

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part4/irm_04-061-007.html

Are you a cpa or a lawyer?

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
It makes much more sense to operate through incentives rather than punishment.

Yup. gotta consider the long term impact of decisions.

I woulden't mind an outright ban on outsourcing. I am sick of talking to someone from India everytime I have a problem with At&t.

GetNets was correct in his linking the Subpart F codes. Those codes concern the advantages a corporation has when it is classified as "Foreign Based". So that's the loophole and its a difficult one to close because it makes perfect sense.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #838016
04/16/15 09:57 PM
04/16/15 09:57 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
@IF,

Can't say I disagree with this sentiment. But like I have repeatedly stated, there are no quick fixes. This is a complex issue. If the democrats came up with some moderate legislation that could fix the problem with outsourcing, I'd be all ears.

41(d) QUALIFIED RESEARCH DEFINED.--

41(d)(4) ACTIVITIES FOR WHICH CREDIT NOT ALLOWED.--The term “qualified research”
shall not include any of the following:

41(d)(4)(F) FOREIGN RESEARCH.--Any research conducted outside the United States, the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any possession of the United States

The root of the problem is currency. To be more precise, the US dollar is too strong. Factories are being built in countries where the currency value makes it cheaper to do so. Labor is being recruited in countries where the compensation is denominated in the local currency. Americans on the mainland are being left high and dry because they cost too much to hire, and it costs too much to manufacture here. The answer is to gradually devalue the dollar. I don't think the Federal Reserve or Federal government is willing to do that, so people can be expected to start abandoning the United States enmasse....in search of employment, if you can imagine such a thing. On closer inspection, the devaluation of the US currency might already be a [top] secret policy of the Federal Reserve and Federal government because the currency is already deflating [over time].

Knowing "US Corporations", I would imagine that a lot of their foreign holdings in their tax sheltered havens are denominated (or will be denominated) in some stronger currency chosen to remain stronger in relation to the rest of the world's currencies, whereas the US Dollar is planned out to become a commoners medium of exchange.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #838020
04/17/15 02:20 AM
04/17/15 02:20 AM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
To say that "the root of the problem is currency" is a little myopic. Trying to strengthen your economy by devaluing the dollar is like saying I'm going to my company bigger by laying off employees. Devaluation is much different than inflation/deflation.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #838026
04/17/15 03:36 AM
04/17/15 03:36 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Currency is stronger here, but the good news it's getting less strong all the time.

The dollars is devaluating especially because the fed is doing that it is printing a trillion extra a year with nothing to back it up.

Almost forgot we are spending a crazy amount of U.S. Dollars to prop up the euro to keep if from collapsing.

Russia stopped using the U.S. Dollar.

We are going to be in serious trouble economically.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #838036
04/17/15 04:54 AM
04/17/15 04:54 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
No democrate wants to fix it for them the future is now.

I am not even sure the republicans want to fix it either

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #838067
04/17/15 08:57 AM
04/17/15 08:57 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
90% of mcdonald's are owned by private franchises. These individuals are not corporate big wigs. These are small business owners.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/17/news/companies/mcdonalds-franchise-unhappy/index.html?iid=HP_LN

Many franchise owners blamed changes that McDonald's (MCD) is making under newly-appointed CEO Steve Easterbrook.
Easterbrook recently announced plans to raise wages for employees at McDonald's company-owned stores.
Franchise owners were particularly upset with the wage hike. Even though it only applies to workers at company-owned restaurants, franchisees worry that they will be pressured to raise wages too.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #838088
04/17/15 12:31 PM
04/17/15 12:31 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/gallery

im a little confused. when 4 0f the richest americans are waltons,and with none being worth less than 35 billion.

and yet they say they are not am American company,and the corporation wealth is overseas. isn't this awake up call to change the tax system. are they or are they not robber barons. who through the 4th branch of government [lobbyists] make their own laws. below gates are the richest 15

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #838090
04/17/15 12:41 PM
04/17/15 12:41 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Yes they may be fucked up.

But this government see's people who make 380 thousand in the dreaded 1 percent.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: oldschool3] #838091
04/17/15 12:48 PM
04/17/15 12:48 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: oldschool3
To say that "the root of the problem is currency" is a little myopic. Trying to strengthen your economy by devaluing the dollar is like saying I'm going to my company bigger by laying off employees. Devaluation is much different than inflation/deflation.

Right. I need to be careful with terminology. Deflation does not = devaluation. It's conceivable to have devaluation of the dollar, and an inflation in the nominal value of goods and services. The trick, of course, is to devalue the dollar while also guarding against inflation. Not easy. But that's why those people have PHds in economics and that's why we pay them to run the currency.

Anyone whose been following business news for the last few decades is well aware that not only has the dollar been gently falling, but the Fed is forever vigilant against the boogeyman of inflation. There could be many reasons for that. One reason could be to keep Social Security payouts in check, which are tied to inflation. Inflation alone could crash the Social Security safety net. Another reason could be what we are discussing here...to devalue the US dollar in order to spark long term economic activity on the mainland, but do so without prices running amok.

The good news is that a lot [if not most] of the value of a dollar is set through the so called open market operations of the fed. In short, they set the price of a dollar via bond sales. So the Federal Reserve has many tricks up their sleeve. They have many tools a their disposal.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #838092
04/17/15 01:04 PM
04/17/15 01:04 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/gallery

im a little confused. when 4 0f the richest americans are waltons,and with none being worth less than 35 billion.

and yet they say they are not am American company,and the corporation wealth is overseas. isn't this awake up call to change the tax system. are they or are they not robber barons. who through the 4th branch of government [lobbyists] make their own laws. below gates are the richest 15

The corporations are the arms and legs of US.Gov. They have to do what the big boss tells them. The government watches and listens to you, through the corporations. The governments military armorers, are the corporations. They make all of the governments weaponry. The corporations are running much of the research and development for the government, and much of it is very advanced top secret science that I think even they do not understand. That is why R&D is not outsourced or insourced with H1B Visas. They won't give out the cutting edge of technology to a foreigner, only your job. So the corporations behavior is molded by the social engineering of old Uncle Sam. What social engineering you might ask? It is called using the system of taxes and regulations (aka Good Cop Bad Cop) to coerce the corporations (his Angels) into doing what he wants them to do. He wants them to keep research and development American only? Tax credits to the one who keeps Visas out of R&D. He wants to brain drain other countries of talent so that America maintains technological primacy? Loopholes and tax advantages to the ones who build factories overseas and bring in Visas for labor.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #838093
04/17/15 01:31 PM
04/17/15 01:31 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Footreads

But this government see's people who make 380 thousand in the dreaded 1 percent.

Yup. They can't get the real money so they settle on people earning high incomes who aren't wealthy. And the middle class ends up being collateral damage.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/17/15 01:31 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #838108
04/17/15 02:35 PM
04/17/15 02:35 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
well said.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #838112
04/17/15 03:01 PM
04/17/15 03:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Yup. They can't get the real money so they settle on people earning high incomes who aren't wealthy. And the middle class ends up being collateral damage.

Spot-on. But I think Foot's giving them too much credit with the 380k. The people who are being duped by that line of bullshit think that a hundred grand a year is a lot of money. Now these are obviously lower income people, and I feel bad for them. But the people I have the problem with are the trust fund assholes selling them that line of bullshit.

The average kid protesting at Zuccotti Park a few years ago was about 22 years old, Whiter than Wonder Bread, and here on Mommy and Daddy's nickel (and obviously NOT native New Yorkers). Half of them lived locally (be it in Battery Park City, SoHo or The Village), in neighborhoods that were, believe it or not, not only affordable, but blue collar not all that long ago (if you're from out of town, just think of the old Little Italy).

And yet, it's COMPLETELY lost on these kids that they're driving the poor people---who they were supposed to be supporting with their mock outrage---right out of this city by living here on their parents' money, and driving the rents higher than anywhere else in the world.

I make my living in New York City real estate today. And if I'm saying it, you can bet your bippy that it's true. These Lily-White, out-of-town hipsters, need to go back to where they came from. It's all smoke and mirrors. That asshole de Blasio goes on and on about "A Tale of Two Cities." But he's in just as deep with the real estate lobby as Bloomberg was.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #838116
04/17/15 03:12 PM
04/17/15 03:12 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Spot-on. But I think Foot's giving them too much credit with the 380k. The people who are being duped by that line of bullshit think that a hundred grand a year is a lot of money. Now these are obviously lower income people, and I feel bad for them.

Hundred grand is great if your single but if you got a couple kids its not that big. Between food and clothes, tuition, college planning, and the mortgage, a hundred k a year and your living paycheck to paycheck.

Now, throw in a couple college tuitions, your practically a layoff from the welfare line smile

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #838120
04/17/15 03:29 PM
04/17/15 03:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Hundred grand is great if your single but if you got a couple kids its not that big. Between food and clothes, tuition, college planning, and the mortgage, a hundred k a year and your living paycheck to paycheck.

Now, throw in a couple college tuitions, your practically a layoff from the welfare line smile

Yes, I obviously meant if you're raising a family. Because what you say is right on the money. It doesn't go very far.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #838122
04/17/15 03:32 PM
04/17/15 03:32 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

Yes, I obviously meant if you're raising a family. Because what you say is right on the money. It doesn't go very far.

I know what you meant boss. I was just jabbin you because I know you are no stranger to college tuition.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #838135
04/17/15 05:26 PM
04/17/15 05:26 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
You have 2 parents working one makes 100 thousand the other makes 70 thousand your considered rich?

Last edited by Footreads; 04/17/15 05:27 PM.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #838136
04/17/15 05:33 PM
04/17/15 05:33 PM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
You have 2 parents working one makes 100 thousand the other makes 70 thousand your considered rich?

That's because you have a Democratic Party that is committed to a Marxist taxation system while you have modern day Russia using Steve Forbes' flat tax. When you punish the people who work and drive your economy, your economy will always be doomed to stagnation. Remember this...no poor man ever signed your paycheck....if you want everyone to be equal, you will have everyone equally POOR.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: oldschool3] #838137
04/17/15 05:47 PM
04/17/15 05:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
if you want everyone to be equal, you will have everyone equally POOR.

That's Goddamned right!!

It's never about spreading out the wealth with these Lefties, it's about spreading out the poverty.

I got mine, let them get theirs. I REALLY don't give a shit anymore.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #838138
04/17/15 05:59 PM
04/17/15 05:59 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
True true. It's not about getting the rich with the left wingers, its about attacking anyone who has achieved success. Fuck them. "You didn't earn that"- Barack Obama.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #838152
04/17/15 07:08 PM
04/17/15 07:08 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline OP
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline OP
Underboss
Upstate, NY

I got mine, let them get theirs.

Couldn't have said it better myself, spoken like a true libertarian

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #838198
04/18/15 08:23 AM
04/18/15 08:23 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
if you want everyone to be equal, you will have everyone equally POOR.

That's Goddamned right!!

It's never about spreading out the wealth with these Lefties, it's about spreading out the poverty.

I got mine, let them get theirs. I REALLY don't give a shit anymore.

PB you've gone all Fox news on us! Did that asshole Giuliani get to you?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: dontomasso] #838252
04/18/15 06:02 PM
04/18/15 06:02 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
PB you've gone all Fox news on us! Did that asshole Giuliani get to you?

Nah, I'm just tired of it all. They're all liars, and they're all laughing it up at the voters' expense.

I used to firmly believe that those who didn't vote had no right to complain. But now I'm starting to believe that George Carlin was right all along (for those of you who are too young, just Google Carlin's bit about politics and voters).

But you and I are still pals, DT. Next time I'm on the Gulf Coast, rib eyes and martinis at Bern's?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull