GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 414 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,523
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,397
Posts1,060,131
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
My opinion of this message board/forum #813328
11/13/14 07:51 AM
11/13/14 07:51 AM
I
intellect Offline OP
Associate
intellect  Offline OP
I
Associate
Hello, i have created this account for the sole purpose. To ask the staff of this place to be less biased towards what you people call "mafia".

Yesterday a close childhood friend of mine came up to me and started talking about how "mafia" is this horrible, worst possible, disgusting thing in the world. Knowing him how he starts believing stuff after reading something on the internet i asked him why he has such an opinion without ever coming in contact in any way with this "mafia". So he showed me this forum.

I have red some of these "real-life" stories, events and "FACTS" threads and can see that this forum is made extremely biased simply because the staff post things as facts without ever experiencing it themselves, based on gossip, internet material and media ( worst part ), some even posted some ridiculous "experiences" which i would only believe could happen in America and definitely the person misunderstood something like a small gang as "mafia".

You must understand that younger people, specially teenagers would start believing even supporting something without facts just to be accepted or to blend in with the crowd.

I ask you to be more responsible and make posts that are unbiased and look at all aspects, not just bad mythical ones. Just to make a point, government has, is and will continue to steal peoples money for the simple reason that people are lazy and let them do it because they do not wish to do the same things themselves like fixing a road, building a hospital, school, railway etc, etc.

I saw that in one of the threads the staff member even encourages hateful, discriminating, irrational post against "the mafia".

Out of curiosity I will go through this forum some more so i will read any responses with opinions, debates and/or internet rage.

Have a nice day and I truly hope you will take this thread in to consideration.

PS : Now my friend believes that even talking to a person with a "fishy" background is dangerous, which is completely untrue.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813335
11/13/14 08:15 AM
11/13/14 08:15 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: intellect
the staff member even encourages... discriminating... posts against "the mafia".

Mafia discrimination. When will this injustice stop?

Are you a member of the five families and have been subject to discrimination or predjudice because of this?

Call '1800-intellect'.

Because the irony's in the title...

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813337
11/13/14 08:20 AM
11/13/14 08:20 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Do you mean that the mafia in your opinion isn't a bad thing by itself or do you mean that somebody is sometimes incorrectly labeled as "mafia" and therefore slandered? I can agree there are injustices by the government and wrongful convictions, but that doesn't make organized crime a good thing. You have to be ready to kill if you join the mafia, even if this never happens in your life (especially in the today's mafia), joining it selects you at least as a "potential" murderer. The mafia isn't a charitable organization to protect the weak, not even originally, I think this is just a legend.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 11/13/14 08:21 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813340
11/13/14 08:24 AM
11/13/14 08:24 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Give me a break.

Yeah, sure, there are more than a few moralists here. But most of the posts that you're referring to apply to the American Mafia. If you're speaking about corruption in the Italian government and how the Mafia is part of the cultural fabric there, no one is going to argue. But if you're speaking about the American Mafia, there's no reason for anyone to join in the year 2014.

And by the way, you're not going to get the mods here to edit posts just because you don't agree with the content. Now I'd seriously like to welcome you to the board. But if you don't like it here, there's a logical next step. Find another board to post on.

And PS: American teenagers SHOULD hear about the reality of that life. If they're not informed, they'll think it's a fucking episode of "The Sopranos," and it's not.

And again, welcome to the board.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813344
11/13/14 08:45 AM
11/13/14 08:45 AM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo

I ask you to be more responsible and make posts that are unbiased and look at all aspects, not just bad mythical ones. Just to make a point, government has, is and will continue to steal peoples money for the simple reason that people are lazy and let them do it because they do not wish to do the same things themselves like fixing a road, building a hospital, school, railway etc, etc.

let me just go get my bricks and mortar and start building a hospital since the only thing stopping me is my laziness, apparently.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: slumpy] #813346
11/13/14 08:51 AM
11/13/14 08:51 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: slumpy

let me just go get my bricks and mortar and start building a hospital since the only thing stopping me is my laziness, apparently.

/me chuckles.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813347
11/13/14 08:55 AM
11/13/14 08:55 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I see you guys decided to feed the troll smile

only the unloved hate
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813349
11/13/14 08:58 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

fuck your opinion

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: Footreads] #813350
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Footreads
I see you guys decided to feed the troll smile

Out of the mouths of babes . . . . and psychopaths tongue grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813352
11/13/14 09:04 AM
11/13/14 09:04 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
PS : Now my friend believes that even talking to a person with a "fishy" background is dangerous, which is completely untrue.

The more I read through your rant, the fishier YOUR background becomes. Are you sure you haven't been here before? rolleyes

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813356
11/13/14 09:16 AM
11/13/14 09:16 AM
ThisGuyOverHere Offline
Made Member
ThisGuyOverHere  Offline
Made Member
What is this "mafia" you speak of?

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813358
11/13/14 09:28 AM
11/13/14 09:28 AM
I
intellect Offline OP
Associate
intellect  Offline OP
I
Associate
I am just trying to say that there are consequences on the streets if you start talking badly about such things for no appearent reasons. If my friend talked like he did with a member of such organization, he would have been beaten up. Important thing is that not all "mafias" are bad as they have been imaged by media, stories, gossips. The "protection" fee is not made up, the person that pays it, is being protected from low life street scum that you guys are talking about as if it is a member of "mafia", italy, america are different altogether, same as japan, chinese or korean. And how in the world did "you have to be ready to kill to join the family" crap come from? Most members in such organizations have never pulled a trigger and the head/father/boss/don whatever you wanna call hom understands that killing someone is mentally unhealthy and could make his members unstable.

Also, how is this a troll? And government does not build anything, companies do that would still exiat without government. Seriously cant believe how you try to make a joke out of a serious point made.

Never said anything about liking or dialiking this forum. Just posted my opinion about it.

Aorry for any mistakes made, in a driving car.

Do not make opinions without knowing some facts.
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813360
11/13/14 09:35 AM
11/13/14 09:35 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813362
11/13/14 09:38 AM
11/13/14 09:38 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Just think with all the time you wasted making these posts you couldve done something productive instead. like killing yourself.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813364
11/13/14 09:53 AM
11/13/14 09:53 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest

who says there is a mafia? this guys a business man charles lucky

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813365
11/13/14 09:57 AM
11/13/14 09:57 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

When you get to the bridge, make a left. Or a right. As long as you're in the middle of the bridge, it doesn't really matter.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813368
11/13/14 10:04 AM
11/13/14 10:04 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Texting while driving has much greater (and worse) consequences than talking about the Mob in an unflattering manner.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: SC] #813370
11/13/14 10:06 AM
11/13/14 10:06 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SC

Texting while driving has much greater (and worse) consequences than talking about the Mob in an unflattering manner.

lol lol clap clap

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813375
11/13/14 10:19 AM
11/13/14 10:19 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
I am just trying to say that there are consequences on the streets if you start talking badly about such things for no appearent reasons. If my friend talked like he did with a member of such organization, he would have been beaten up. Important thing is that not all "mafias" are bad as they have been imaged by media, stories, gossips. The "protection" fee is not made up, the person that pays it, is being protected from low life street scum that you guys are talking about as if it is a member of "mafia", italy, america are different altogether, same as japan, chinese or korean. And how in the world did "you have to be ready to kill to join the family" crap come from? Most members in such organizations have never pulled a trigger and the head/father/boss/don whatever you wanna call hom understands that killing someone is mentally unhealthy and could make his members unstable.

Also, how is this a troll? And government does not build anything, companies do that would still exiat without government. Seriously cant believe how you try to make a joke out of a serious point made.

Never said anything about liking or dialiking this forum. Just posted my opinion about it.

How about this: pick a SPECIFIC post that you have an issue with and comment about that. As it is, your complaints about people posting opinions about the Mafia is very vague. The one concrete point that you made was about protection.

In the real world when a business wants protection it hires a security guard. The business owner is the one who takes the effort to look for a security company and selects the best one for his company's needs. When the Cosa Nostra wants you to have protection, it goes to your business and tells you to pay for their protection or else something bad will happen to you, your business or your family. What kind of service is that? Does the cable TV guy come to your house and tell you to subscribe or else? So the difference? Capitalism is freedom of choice. Organized crime is no freedom, but force. To say that you're getting a service is crap. A service that you don't want isn't a service...it's slavery.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813376
11/13/14 10:20 AM
11/13/14 10:20 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
... in a driving car.

Thats generally what they do. Least you'll know next time.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 11/13/14 10:20 AM.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: Faithful1] #813377
11/13/14 10:22 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
In the real world when a business wants protection it hires a security guard. The business owner is the one who takes the effort to look for a security company and selects the best one for his company's needs. When the Cosa Nostra wants you to have protection, it goes to your business and tells you to pay for their protection or else something bad will happen to you, your business or your family. What kind of service is that? Does the cable TV guy come to your house and tell you to subscribe or else? So the difference? Capitalism is freedom of choice. Organized crime is no freedom, but force. To say that you're getting a service is crap. A service that you don't want isn't a service...it's slavery.

Spot-on, Rick. Much more eloquent than anything I'm capable of writing. But then again, I wouldn't even try. Because if he's not trolling, he's a teenager. If he's older than twenty he's disabled.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: Faithful1] #813378
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Capitalism is freedom of choice. Organized crime is no freedom, but force. To say that you're getting a service is crap. A service that you don't want isn't a service...it's slavery.

This.

Endeth the lesson.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813388
11/13/14 10:58 AM
11/13/14 10:58 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
based on what you wrote YOU are the one who clearly has no clue whatsoever on traditional organized crime in the us, italy, canada or elsewhere

let me guess: you're either studying urban planning or social studies

the hipsters sneaked in here too Pizzaboy! lol

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813392
11/13/14 11:08 AM
11/13/14 11:08 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Holy shit I wished I wouldn't have clicked on this thread. This dude is a moron!!

I would like to welcome you to the board by saying this:

Nobody gives a shit what you think. Keep that texting and driving thing going, just do it outside of town so you don't kill anyone else when you peg a tree asshole.

Last edited by dixiemafia; 11/13/14 01:29 PM.
Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: LuanKuci] #813396
11/13/14 11:24 AM
11/13/14 11:24 AM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
based on what you wrote YOU are the one who clearly has no clue whatsoever on traditional organized crime in the us, italy, canada or elsewhere

let me guess: you're either studying urban planning or social studies

the hipsters sneaked in here too Pizzaboy! lol

hey... Sociology was my minor in university. tongue

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813434
11/13/14 01:09 PM
11/13/14 01:09 PM
I
intellect Offline OP
Associate
intellect  Offline OP
I
Associate
You guys are morons honestly. I was being driven. I live in london and northern ireland, due to my type of job. I am a young adult, sadly mentally older than half the people from this thread put together. Obviously none except 1 of you know how the world runs. As i said in my other. Post i do not know how things are being run in america or italy, i have never been there and have only done buissness with asian countries and russia ( which is very rough compared to other world countries yes). I guess you can not have a normal intellectual discussion here.

Last edited by intellect; 11/13/14 01:34 PM.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813455
11/13/14 02:04 PM
11/13/14 02:04 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I live in london and northern ireland, due to my type of job.
You should have said that you weren't American. People may have been more understanding.

I am a young adult

And has it occurred to you that, as a young adult, you have a lot to learn about life?

i do not know how things are being run in america or italy

If you know little about America and Italy, what makes you think you can be objective when posting about what goes on in either country?

I guess you can not have a normal intellectual discussion here

Sure you can. You'll get out of this board exactly what you put into it.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813459
11/13/14 02:17 PM
11/13/14 02:17 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
How is you and your friends deciding to build a hospital safer than letting taxes pay for it and what does it have to do with organized crime...I got stuck on that point haha.

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813472
11/13/14 02:33 PM
11/13/14 02:33 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
I guess you can not have a normal intellectual discussion here.

if you could have you would have

Re: My opinion of this message board/forum [Re: intellect] #813478
11/13/14 02:49 PM
11/13/14 02:49 PM
I
intellect Offline OP
Associate
intellect  Offline OP
I
Associate
I am sorry if i do not understand your jokes, but last time i checked huge portion of that tax money goes to the pockets of people at the top, so really not much different from organised crime, it is just that you people seem to accept it as normal.

I guess i misunderstood . I thought in most people talked world wide and not mostly american, italian in specific. I only recently noticed that most people on threads are american. Guess should have investigated more, oh well. I still think you people view "mafia" with too much one sided negativity. That is your choice of course, just wanted to let you know that not all "Mafia" are that bad, here in northern ireland you can walk with your head high as long as you do not do something stupid like theft , murder, harassment, making anyones life harder because of the bullshit they do. They literally clean the streets of true scum. However i of course am not trying to sound one sided as well, they do committing a crime by governments law. They do sometimes shake the place up a little, but you still live feeling safer than if the streets were filled with filth that would rob you or even murder you for money, clothes or even shopping bags. I will try to investigate how much different it is in americas territory.

Have a good night, for future reference if you are planning to post pointless, random, harassing comment at least try to answer the question before posting your crap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull