GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (TheKillingJoke, 3 invisible), 514 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,236
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,523
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,398
Posts1,060,147
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Franzese Crime Family #793856
08/03/14 04:04 PM
08/03/14 04:04 PM
HenryHauglad Offline OP
JoeyBananas
HenryHauglad  Offline OP
JoeyBananas
Button
I think John and Michael Franzese could have taken over the whole family by now if Mikey hadn't snitched. Michael was one of the best earners in NY as well, with his Gas scam. John 'Sonny' Franzese is currently the Underboss of the half destroyed Colombo crime family, but I don't think he will ever become boss no matter what happens to Persico due to the situation with his son.

Also, why do you really think Mike snitched? it couldn't have been the fact that his daddy didn't help him with that money thing or whatever the f*ck it was..?

waddayathink

The whole thing is how strong you are and how much power you got and how fucking mean you areā€”that's what makes you rise in the mob. Every day's a fucking struggle, because you don't know who's looking to knock you off, especially when you become a captain or boss. Every day, somebody's looking to dispose of you and take your position. You always got to be on your toes. Every fucking day is a scam day to keep your power and position."
Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #793858
08/03/14 04:13 PM
08/03/14 04:13 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HenryHauglad

Also, why do you really think Mike snitched? it couldn't have been the fact that his daddy didn't help him with that money thing or whatever the f*ck it was..?

waddayathink

I remember a documentary where I think he said his father blamed him in front of Persico for some alleged mistakes (maybe something about money, I don't remember) he himself was involved too. Mike got really pissed that the closest person washed his hands of him, so it wasn't worth it to stand up for the rest of the mafia. I am not sure about the details though, the documentary is called "The Definitive Guide To The Mob" I think.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #793860
08/03/14 04:19 PM
08/03/14 04:19 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Mike snitched because he got caught and didn't want to do the time

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #793864
08/03/14 04:44 PM
08/03/14 04:44 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Michael Franzese has a really weak chin. If he went to prison, the yuppie would just end up as Bubba's bitch. John Franzese Jr. is a dead ringer for the dad though.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: Dwalin2011] #793876
08/03/14 05:35 PM
08/03/14 05:35 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: HenryHauglad

waddayathink

I remember a documentary where I think he said his father blamed him in front of Persico for some alleged mistakes (maybe something about money, I don't remember) he himself was involved too. Mike got really pissed that the closest person washed his hands of him, so it wasn't worth it to stand up for the rest of the mafia. I am not sure about the details though, the documentary is called "The Definitive Guide To The Mob" I think.

Franzese's story was the family bosses called him in and accused him of skimming from the gas tax scam. His dad didn't support him in the sit down. Supposedly, that left a bad taste in his mouth. He said he was doing everything right and the family turned on him and almost whacked him for nothing.

I think he did the right thing by getting out or else he would be doing life to protect the Persico scumbags after making them tons of money.

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #793879
08/03/14 05:40 PM
08/03/14 05:40 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Maybe in the 90's if Michael had not left the life. The Franzese had many supporters but throught the 70's and 80's there were still a lot of respected heavy members in that family that were not related to the Persico's and could have taken over the family. By the 90's there were a handful of them left in their old age is which is why so many of them supported Orena in the third Colombo war.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #793966
08/04/14 08:06 AM
08/04/14 08:06 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I saw a documentary in which Michael Franzese explains because he joined the Mafia.
He had joined the Colombo family, because his father, who had been underboss in the 60s was proud of him. He joined the family in 1975, he then invented the gas scam .The fact that his father didn't support him in the sit down against the family bosses is true, but in the mid-80s he fell in love with a girl that was very religious and convinced him to leave the Mafia.

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #793978
08/04/14 08:48 AM
08/04/14 08:48 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
People forget the gas tax scam was masterminded by Lawrence lorizzo not franseze

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #794037
08/04/14 04:27 PM
08/04/14 04:27 PM
B
barry Offline
Made Member
barry  Offline
B
Made Member
before the first war with Profaci who had more power in the family the Gallo's or Persico ?

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: domwoods74] #794039
08/04/14 04:37 PM
08/04/14 04:37 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
People forget the gas tax scam was masterminded by Lawrence lorizzo not franseze

Never knew that Dom. You always hear Franzese giving himself the credit.

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: DB] #794061
08/04/14 08:42 PM
08/04/14 08:42 PM
M
marine Offline
Made Member
marine  Offline
M
Made Member
YEA and got the balls to show his face on tv.. talkin mob like he was a tough guy...he opened up gas stations never paid on them then foreclosed.. And did it 500 times.. how about the biggest preppy mob boys ever, never got into a fight.... just a thief no toughness what so ever.. do the crime do the time... He stole Al$$t of tax money from the government... One Of the Richest mob thieves ever.. What kills me he got the balls to go on the jim rome sports show.. I cant stand the way he talks and acts... he couldn't hurt a fly.. He aint no Sammy the bull or nick caramandi.. And he Ratted on his pops own I think..?

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: marine] #794065
08/04/14 09:48 PM
08/04/14 09:48 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: marine
YEA and got the balls to show his face on tv.. talkin mob like he was a tough guy...he opened up gas stations never paid on them then foreclosed.. And did it 500 times.. how about the biggest preppy mob boys ever, never got into a fight.... just a thief no toughness what so ever.. do the crime do the time... He stole Al$$t of tax money from the government... One Of the Richest mob thieves ever.. What kills me he got the balls to go on the jim rome sports show.. I cant stand the way he talks and acts... he couldn't hurt a fly.. He aint no Sammy the bull or nick caramandi.. And he Ratted on his pops own I think..?
he talks like he found god, and the mob let him walk away.

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #794066
08/04/14 09:50 PM
08/04/14 09:50 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
I wonder how many mason jars stuffed with money he's sitting on after he turned....He must be very well off these days....That gas scam was bringing in some heavy dough back then....

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: marine] #794073
08/04/14 11:25 PM
08/04/14 11:25 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: marine
.. talkin mob like he was a tough guy...he couldn't hurt a fly..

Guy did 4 years in prison.

So MAYBE he's a little tougher than random internet posters who havent done a day yet love to sh*t on him think.

Just sayin. Its easy to throw stones form the cheap seats is all.

And dont get your back up now 'Marine', nothing personal. Just skeeves me when people whove done hard jail time get called 'PhOOSEY' by posters on internet websites.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: marine] #794075
08/04/14 11:50 PM
08/04/14 11:50 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Franzese didn't actually testify in court about any mobsters , he testified to a grand jury on the gas tax scam

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #794087
08/05/14 02:31 AM
08/05/14 02:31 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Franzese did testify/ rat on a partner Norby Walters

Amid claims Norby threw his reputation around. Which is nonsense, isn't that why they were in business in the first place

Franzese maintains he isn't a rat because he didn't testify against an LCN member and Walters was a civilian

Again stupid if u ask me. If a made guy got beat up by his neighbor then testified about it, although it's not LCN related he's still a rat

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: domwoods74] #794171
08/05/14 11:08 AM
08/05/14 11:08 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Franzese didn't actually testify in court about any mobsters , he testified to a grand jury on the gas tax scam

That was the same as Wayne Grande in Philadelphia. he ratted on some drug dealers in prison but he was broken in Phily and even his brother, son and family view him as a rat and stay away from him. Franzese is a rat wether he ratted on Russian or anyone else. He'sjust in denial.

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #794174
08/05/14 11:12 AM
08/05/14 11:12 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Here is an article on Michael Fratzese

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/25/nyregi...o-the-past.html

Archives
A 19-Year-Old F.B.I. Videotape Keeps Pulling Sharpton Back to the Past
By RALPH BLUMENTHAL and SUSAN SAULNY
Published: July 25, 2002
EMAIL
PRINT
The Rev. Al Sharpton once said he was created with no reverse in his transmission, but if so, he has shown he can brake suddenly and make U-turns.
In the latest test of his adroitness, Mr. Sharpton has been responding to a secretly recorded 1983 F.B.I. videotape, included in an HBO report this week, that depicts him mostly listening but sometimes responding without commitment to an undercover agent masquerading as a Latin American drug lord offering to sell him kilos of cocaine.
Yesterday, Mr. Sharpton, 46, announced at State Supreme Court in Manhattan that he had filed a $1 billion lawsuit against HBO and its parent company, AOL Time Warner, contending that he had been smeared by ''dirty tricks'' intended to derail his campaign for the presidency. Also named as defendants were the HBO show, ''Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel;'' the reporter, Bernard Goldberg; and Michael Franzese, a former Colombo family Mafia captain who became a government informant.
''They may think they have given me a stumbling block,'' Mr. Sharpton said on the courthouse steps, entering the building and then returning. ''They will see it turned into a steppingstone.''

He contended that the segment of three and a half minutes shown nationally Tuesday night distorted the encounter and omitted material, including a second tape, that made it clear he would have nothing to do with drugs.
He also questioned why the 19-year-old tape, written about in the 1980's, had now reappeared. ''For whom and for what?'' he demanded.
A spokesman for HBO, Ray Stallone, called the lawsuit ''so silly that it is unworthy of comment.''
He called the tape ''an integral part of the story we presented'' and said Mr. Sharpton's response was included in its report. As for his statement that there was a second and exculpatory videotape, Mr. Stallone said, ''We indicated to him that we would welcome the chance to see it.''
It was hardly the first time that the tape and others have made trouble for Mr. Sharpton.
Just 10 years ago this summer, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, looking into reports of corruption in boxing, played audio and videotapes growing out of a 1980 F.B.I. investigation called Crown Royal.
On one of the tapes, presented by a former F.B.I. agent, Joseph A. Spinelli, who was then the New York State inspector general under Gov. Mario Cuomo, Mr. Sharpton is shown meeting with the undercover agent -- a supposed drug kingpin named Victor Quintana -- and a reputed mobster, Danny Pagano, discussing ways of approaching the boxing promoter Don King to arrange bouts and launder money.
On the tape, Mr. Sharpton tells the agent that he would get a ''fair deal'' from Mr. King because of Mr. Pagano's underworld connections.
At the same Senate hearing, Mr. Franzese, who had been caught in an F.B.I. sting and ended up cooperating with the government, testified that he had used Mr. Sharpton to get close to Mr. King and he added: ''I knew Sharpton and was aware that he was associated with people in the Genovese family, in particular with family soldier Danny Pagano.''
Mr. Franzese also testified that Mr. Sharpton had arranged a meeting with him on Jan. 12, 1983, in Mr. King's Manhattan office where Mr. Franzese reported that his efforts had been blessed by mob bosses in Cleveland.
At the time, Mr. Sharpton denied that he consorted with mobsters, saying he knew nothing of the backgrounds of those he met with. He said he had not been charged with any crime and called allegations from people like Mr. Franzese ''fabrications.''
Over the years, Mr. Spinelli has often cited Mr. Sharpton's involvement in his boxing investigation and in 1991, as inspector general, wrote an article in Sports Illustrated recounting it in detail. He said the F.B.I. case was dropped after a Korean boxer died in a title bout and the bureau feared that it was too risky for the F.B.I. to appear to be involved in promoting fights.
Mr. Spinelli, who now works at the accounting firm KPMG, did not return calls yesterday.
The existence of the other 1983 videotape showing Mr. Sharpton listening to the undercover agent offering cocaine and saying at one point ''I hear you'' was disclosed in articles in Newsday several years later. Law enforcement officials later told The New York Times that while Mr. Sharpton could not be prosecuted for what he said on the tape, they had bluffed him shortly after the tape was made into believing that he faced charges and so persuaded him to become a federal informant. They said he provided information about meetings held in the basement of Danny Pagano's father, Joseph, also reputed to be a mobster, information that led to the planting of a court-authorized listening device there. Joseph Pagano died before any charges were filed.
At the time of the Newsday article, Mr. Sharpton denied as ''ludicrous'' any statement that he had become an F.B.I. informant, but said that he had tapped his own phone to gather information on neighborhood drug dealers.
Andrew J. Maloney, who was serving as the United States attorney in Brooklyn, recalled yesterday that after that episode, Mr. Sharpton, facing state charges of tax evasion -- he was acquitted -- had visited Mr. Maloney's office to offer to provide certain information that Mr. Maloney yesterday declined to detail.
Newsday reported Mr. Sharpton's offer at the time. Mr. Sharpton said it concerned efforts to curb crack trafficking. Prosecutors, however, disagreed and said the information involved activities of an unidentified black leader.
At the time, The Times asked Mr. Sharpton whether he would instruct Mr. Maloney to disclose his conversations with the office. Mr. Sharpton said he would. Then he sent a note voiding his authorization.
Photos: At left, the Rev. Al Sharpton was greeted by a supporter after suing HBO and AOL Time Warner over HBO's broadcast of a 1983 F.B.I. tape in which an undercover agent offered Mr. Sharpton a drug deal. Above, Mr. Sharpton with the boxing promoter Don King, right, in 1997. The F.B.I. had taped him in an investigation of boxing. (Chester Higgins Jr./The New York Times); (Michael E. Palmer for The New York Times)

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: HenryHauglad] #794264
08/05/14 02:52 PM
08/05/14 02:52 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Henry Hill on this video begining at about 39:20 talks about his encounter with Michael Franzese in jail:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etiJWYw_iFI

Re: The Franzese Crime Family [Re: Tonytough] #794288
08/05/14 04:05 PM
08/05/14 04:05 PM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Tonytough
Franzese did testify/ rat on a partner Norby Walters

Amid claims Norby threw his reputation around. Which is nonsense, isn't that why they were in business in the first place

Franzese maintains he isn't a rat because he didn't testify against an LCN member and Walters was a civilian

Again stupid if u ask me. If a made guy got beat up by his neighbor then testified about it, although it's not LCN related he's still a rat

To sum it up, they're fucking criminals...many have no honor. It's every man for himself when you're staring at 25+. Nobody thought Massino would cooperate or Gravano or Leonetti or Lonardo. My take is that if he didn't hurt his "friends" then who gives a fuck about a civilian.

Uncle Charlie once said; "Don't get into pissing matches with skunks."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull