GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 623 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,488
Posts1,061,832
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Detroit Latin Counts indicted #791805
07/25/14 03:56 PM
07/25/14 03:56 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
33 Indicted In Multi-Agency Southwest Detroit Gang Bust
July 25, 2014 4:24 PM
Share on email

DETROIT (WWJ) – More than three dozen suspected criminals are behind bars, after a roundup of alleged Southwest Detroit gang members.
U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade made the announcement Friday at a news conference with the Detroit One — a multi-agency coalition charged with reducing violent crime by bringing in the worst offenders.
She said the Latin Counts street gang is accused of numerous crimes and criminal enterprises.
“Murder, selling illegal narcotics and stolen firearms, breaking and entering into homes and businesses, and robbery. Those are the kinds of activity that disrupts peaceful neighborhoods; and that’s the kind of activity that we want to stop,” McQuade said.
Five individuals were named in a racketeering indictment, unsealed Friday, alleging violent acts by members of Latin Counts. In addition to the racketeering defendants, two other defendants were arrested today in a separate indictment on charges of being felons in possession of firearms in southwest Detroit.
Twenty-six other defendants were recently charged in an indictment with heroin and cocaine distribution and related firearms offenses. These defendants also operated in southwest Detroit.
The indictment alleges that the gang uses violence to stake out its “turf” and intimidate both rival gang members and the citizens of southwest Detroit.
According to Detroit Police Chief James Craig, the Hispanic gang is made up of mostly 20 to 30 year-old individuals, operating in Detroit as well as the downriver communities of Lincoln Park and Ecorse.
“They have been very active in Southwest Detroit for many years,” said Craig. “This gang has created violence and quality of life issues for residents.”
The chief said the key to busting this gang was keeping his officers aware of how it operates. Craig said that the gang lacks organization, and that lack of structure is helping police to put a stop to members’ activity.
The following people were charged:
- Victor Vasquez, 23, of Detroit, was charged with using and carrying a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence causing death, assault resulting in serious bodily injury in aid of racketeering and assault with a dangerous weapon in aid of racketeering;
- Avery Denardis, 20, of Dearborn, was charged with assault resulting in serious bodily injury in aid of racketeering;
- Jeffrey Lunsford, 34, of Ecorse, was charged with assault resulting in serious bodily injury in aid of racketeering;
- Kyle Voltz, 24, of Lincoln Park, was charged with assault resulting in serious bodily injury in aid of racketeering;
- Jacob Hixson, 20, of Detroit, was charged with assault resulting in serious bodily injury in aid of racketeering.
The felon in possession indictment unsealed today charged two additional individuals:
- Tim Galvan, 32, of Detroit, was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm; and
- Luke Reardon, 23, of Detroit, was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm.
“Today’s enforcement action is a great example of the impact we can have when federal, state and local law enforcement agencies work together with a united strategy. By arresting and charging individuals who commit violent crimes, we hope to restore peace to our neighborhoods,” McQuade said, in a statement.
Added Paul M. Abbate, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Detroit Field Office, “Combating violent crime remains among the highest priorities for the FBI. There is nothing more important than protecting our communities and keeping law abiding citizens safe. That effort is being waged each and every day by all of our Detroit One partners.”
“It is tremendously important work, and the officers, agents and prosecutors engaged in this effort will continue to fight on behalf of the citizens we serve,” he said.

Re: Detroit Latin Counts indicted [Re: Scorsese] #791814
07/25/14 05:06 PM
07/25/14 05:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Were they kicking up to the Toccos? whistle

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Detroit Latin Counts indicted [Re: Scorsese] #791841
07/26/14 12:27 AM
07/26/14 12:27 AM
H
HuronSocialAthletic Offline
Underboss
HuronSocialAthletic  Offline
H
Underboss
The counts began here in Chicago in the Pilsen neighborhood, which is now one of the largest burgeoning artists' communities in the nation.

Re: Detroit Latin Counts indicted [Re: Scorsese] #791842
07/26/14 12:28 AM
07/26/14 12:28 AM
H
HuronSocialAthletic Offline
Underboss
HuronSocialAthletic  Offline
H
Underboss

Last edited by HuronSocialAthletic; 07/26/14 12:28 AM.
Re: Detroit Latin Counts indicted [Re: Scorsese] #791878
07/26/14 11:30 AM
07/26/14 11:30 AM
IlLupo77 Offline
Wiseguy
IlLupo77  Offline
Wiseguy
Interesting. I have lived in Southwest Detroit for a short period of time, and I knew quite a few LC's in rotation from Southwest in the 90's. They have been active in The D since the late 80's when Bear and Chocolate got the boot from Chicago with permission to start a new mob. They had a few major RICO indictments in the early 90's that made some national headlines. They had a vehicle seized from the Detroit Auto Show that had two keys of blow stashed inside.

The Cash Flow Posse also originated from the original Count sets that rooted in Southwest, ultimately obtaining their own notoriety and becoming the LC's most prolific rivals… They got hit with a few RICO indictments in the 90's also.

As far as LC's kicking up to OC in Detroit, I doubt it, but not impossible. I was locked up with a kid who was close to the Tocco's grandson's and got knocked in an ecstasy distribution case involving them and dude I was cool with was a Young Gun, so, not impossible, but maybe improbable.

Anyhow. This is my first post on the boards. Figured I'd chime in on this post.

My family is from Chicago. I have lived in Chicago, Green Bay, South Florida, and various other spots in Michigan.

Re: Detroit Latin Counts indicted [Re: IlLupo77] #791929
07/26/14 04:27 PM
07/26/14 04:27 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: IlLupo77
As far as LC's kicking up to OC in Detroit, I doubt it, but not impossible. I was locked up with a kid who was close to the Tocco's grandson's and got knocked in an ecstasy distribution case involving them and dude I was cool with was a Young Gun, so, not impossible, but maybe improbable.

I know. It was a joke because one of the most controversial issues on the board is whether or not the Detroit Partnership is still viable.

And welcome to the board, buddy smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Detroit Latin Counts indicted [Re: Scorsese] #792133
07/27/14 03:13 PM
07/27/14 03:13 PM
IlLupo77 Offline
Wiseguy
IlLupo77  Offline
Wiseguy
Hey Pizza, Thanks for the greetings! I thought maybe you weren't 100% serious, but I figured maybe I'd give my honest assessment, in case anyone who else who scoped the thread over would have an answer.

I have lurked around the board quite a bit so I am a little familiar with the ongoing debates and hot-button issues. I have some Midwest gang banging and a little Outfit knowledge so hopefully I can add to the condo on the boards. THanks again, my man!

Re: Detroit Latin Counts indicted [Re: IlLupo77] #792154
07/27/14 05:55 PM
07/27/14 05:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
^^^^
My pleasure, buddy.

Re: Detroit Latin Counts indicted [Re: Scorsese] #792207
07/28/14 12:47 AM
07/28/14 12:47 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
atleast they're operating cohesively

Re: Detroit Latin Counts indicted [Re: IlLupo77] #792223
07/28/14 06:02 AM
07/28/14 06:02 AM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IlLupo77
Hey Pizza, Thanks for the greetings! I thought maybe you weren't 100% serious, but I figured maybe I'd give my honest assessment, in case anyone who else who scoped the thread over would have an answer.

I have lurked around the board quite a bit so I am a little familiar with the ongoing debates and hot-button issues. I have some Midwest gang banging and a little Outfit knowledge so hopefully I can add to the condo on the boards. THanks again, my man!

welcome to the board.
what gangs are actually dominant or more prevalent in detroit?
I get the feeling that its a lot like DC where its more neighbourhood crews and drug organisations than street gangs.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull