GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (TheKillingJoke, DanteMoltisanti, Toodoped, joepuzzles234, RushStreet, 1 invisible), 281 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,238
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,523
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,399
Posts1,060,164
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How does the Mob make money on.. #782931
06/09/14 02:53 PM
06/09/14 02:53 PM
HenryHauglad Offline OP
JoeyBananas
HenryHauglad  Offline OP
JoeyBananas
Button
How does the mob make money on Construction sites?
I have always wondered, and how powerful are their Unions?

How much do you estimate the Five families make (documentary clams 100Billion)

The whole thing is how strong you are and how much power you got and how fucking mean you are—that's what makes you rise in the mob. Every day's a fucking struggle, because you don't know who's looking to knock you off, especially when you become a captain or boss. Every day, somebody's looking to dispose of you and take your position. You always got to be on your toes. Every fucking day is a scam day to keep your power and position."
Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: HenryHauglad] #782956
06/09/14 04:00 PM
06/09/14 04:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: HenryHauglad

By steering the bids to mob connected contractors, who they in turn get a kickback from. That's the short version. There are plenty of additional perks they squeeze out of a job. From the employment of their friends and relatives, to building department kickbacks, to the electricians and plumbers who come in after the fact.

The Laborers are still pretty strong, but under intense supervision in New York. They get away with more in the Midwest.

Just like every other question like this, there's no way of knowing. It's impossible to estimate, and it's futile to try. But 100 billion is absurd. You guys really have to take those documentaries with a grain of salt.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: HenryHauglad] #782968
06/09/14 05:16 PM
06/09/14 05:16 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
They still there but have declined as the unions have

PB put it well , big rigs , only allowed to use sub contractors that weren't union ( biff pay day here as NYC has crazy union rules , especially with foreman.

I would say it's more legit these days but don't forget the material theft ( usually partially insured ).

Plus don't forget all the loan , book and weed customers they get from
There .

If they have some control over the business agents then they making $ as they can slow everything down and contractors still willing to pay as they on tight deadline and only pay once which is predictable .

Some trustees can be a pain but some have no clue , just like the real world

That carpenter union still knee deep , I have a friend there , don't think it will ever be free

Carpenter , laborers , concrete , some carting and trucking would be my guess of decent influence . Fishing got no idea , curious myself on how the wholesaler biz has changed , I know the loading biz is gone and that was a cash machine , thousands a day

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: DB] #782983
06/09/14 06:28 PM
06/09/14 06:28 PM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: DB
They still there but have declined as the unions have

PB put it well , big rigs , only allowed to use sub contractors that weren't union ( biff pay day here as NYC has crazy union rules , especially with foreman.

I would say it's more legit these days but don't forget the material theft ( usually partially insured ).

Plus don't forget all the loan , book and weed customers they get from
There .

If they have some control over the business agents then they making $ as they can slow everything down and contractors still willing to pay as they on tight deadline and only pay once which is predictable .

Some trustees can be a pain but some have no clue , just like the real world

That carpenter union still knee deep , I have a friend there , don't think it will ever be free

Carpenter , laborers , concrete , some carting and trucking would be my guess of decent influence . Fishing got no idea , curious myself on how the wholesaler biz has changed , I know the loading biz is gone and that was a cash machine , thousands a day

Since the Fulton market moved to Hunts Point, the BIC has put an ass-kicking on shenanigans from any (not just Italians) businesses operations at the market.
want to spend hours of entertainment? Check out the BIC website on revocations. Licensure & denials. You will see hundreds of Chinese business appeals from crooked ass Asian mobbed up people, and the reasons for the denials.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/bic/html/approved-denied_companies/denial.shtml

Last edited by Garbageman; 06/09/14 06:32 PM.
Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: Garbageman] #782986
06/09/14 06:39 PM
06/09/14 06:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Garbageman
Since the Fulton market moved to Hunts Point, the BIC has put an ass-kicking on shenanigans from any (not just Italians) businesses operations at the market.
want to spend hours of entertainment? Check out the BIC website on revocations. Licensure & denials. You will see hundreds of Chinese business appeals from crooked ass Asian mobbed up people, and the reasons for the denials.

All true. And that's not to mention IBT Local 202 being located at the market and being one of the most closely monitored locals in the entire country. That local, and that market, used to be a cash machine for the Lukes. Not anymore. 202 is under just as much scrutiny as 282 and 813, which is really saying something.

One of my closest friends in the entire world got tossed from 202 for "bringing reproach upon himself." After 18 years on the job. That's legalese for booting a guy from his life's work for being related to the wrong guy.

It's over at the Hunts Point Market, not just the fish market within the Hunts Point Market.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: HenryHauglad] #782989
06/09/14 07:05 PM
06/09/14 07:05 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Its funny that the states and the feds went and got so aggressive in the past 10-15 years or so towards these unions not only in new york but all over the US. and wall street keeps on truckin and seemingly staying ahead of the feds in one way or another. Had your friend worked on Wall street or for a wall street firm, they would still have their job even though they are probably stealing and scamming more $$ of the average joe everyday than a average union worker

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: merlino] #782990
06/09/14 07:10 PM
06/09/14 07:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: merlino
Its funny that the states and the feds went and got so aggressive in the past 10-15 years or so towards these unions not only in new york but all over the US. and wall street keeps on truckin and seemingly staying ahead of the feds in one way or another. Had your friend worked on Wall street or for a wall street firm, they would still have their job even though they are probably stealing and scamming more $$ of the average joe everyday than a average union worker

That's because the Government is in bed with the Banks AND with the Stock Market. Always had been, always will be.

And I'm not a conspiracy theory kind of guy. I generally laugh at assholes like that. But when it comes to the Government and that much money? Pffft.

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: pizzaboy] #782992
06/09/14 07:18 PM
06/09/14 07:18 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: merlino

That's because the government is in bed with the Banks AND with the Stock Market. Always had been, always will be.

And I'm not a conspiracy theory kind of guy. I generally laugh at assholes like that. But when it comes to the Government and that much money? Pffft.

I'm not into conspiracies either but you are 100% correct. Insider trading on the stock market is the biggest scam going and average joes will never get a sniff at when to sell short or get out like the wall streeters and politcians will. Heard today where the clintons claimed they were broke when they left the white house yet owned 2 mansions in New York and were given 8 million when they left the white house, that is a helluva way to be broke

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: merlino] #782993
06/09/14 07:23 PM
06/09/14 07:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The Clintons were broke?

Thanks, I really needed a laugh tonight lol lol.

Fuck her. I'd rather change the neighbor lady's catheter----every day for four years----than utter the words President Clinton ever again. Ideally she just won't run. Either that or she'll catch a stroke. Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other.

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: pizzaboy] #782994
06/09/14 07:35 PM
06/09/14 07:35 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
The Clintons were broke?

Thanks, I really needed a laugh tonight lol lol.

Fuck her. I'd rather change the neighbor lady's catheter----every day for four years----than utter the words President Clinton ever again. Ideally she just won't run. Either that or she'll catch a stroke. Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other.

ABC news just had a 1 hour infomercial on her tonight at 9pm with Diane Sawyer everything was asked from lewinsky to being broke, the clintons are slick and she has started her presidential campaign 2 full years before the election, I think the 2016 election will be a more informed electorate than the one in 2008 and ppl dont want another clinton

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: HenryHauglad] #782995
06/09/14 07:40 PM
06/09/14 07:40 PM
Yankees1951 Offline
Made Member
Yankees1951  Offline
Made Member
Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind another Clinton

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: Yankees1951] #782996
06/09/14 07:43 PM
06/09/14 07:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Yankees1951

Okay, you're crazy tongue grin.

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: pizzaboy] #782998
06/09/14 07:49 PM
06/09/14 07:49 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: Yankees1951

Okay, you're crazy tongue grin.

lol

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: HenryHauglad] #782999
06/09/14 07:53 PM
06/09/14 07:53 PM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Put me in the lineup to change the neighbor lady's catheter before having to utter "President Clinton" again.

Last edited by Garbageman; 06/09/14 07:53 PM.
Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: Garbageman] #783001
06/09/14 07:56 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Put me in the lineup to change the neighbor lady's catheter before having to utter "President Clinton" again.

Okay, GM. You take the catheter, I'll take the bedpan. We'll switch after the first term.

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: HenryHauglad] #783002
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Another interesting thing about the new Hunts Point Market... BIC has a sub-station right on the property. They ain't fuckin around!

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: pizzaboy] #783003
06/09/14 07:57 PM
06/09/14 07:57 PM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member

Okay, GM. You take the catheter, I'll take the bedpan. We'll switch after the first term.

Oofah. Deal cry

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: Garbageman] #783004
06/09/14 08:00 PM
06/09/14 08:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Another interesting thing about the new Hunts Point Market... BIC has a sub-station right on the property. They ain't fuckin around!

My point exactly. And I hate to admit it, but they're incorruptible (by Italian Americans, anyway wink ).

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: pizzaboy] #783009
06/09/14 10:25 PM
06/09/14 10:25 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Here's another way the Mob gets rich on construction sites: The Rulebook Slowdown:

Unions have rules for working on construction sites that are as thick as a phone booth. But, if a contractor refuses to pay off the Mob, they invoke a "Rulebook Slowdown." Slowdowns are deadly for contractors because their contracts with buyers specify that they have to pay huge penalties if they fall behind the construction schedule. The Mob knows that:

For example: they will inspect every truck that enters the construction site for "safety violations." The "inspections" of each truck can take hours. Then they can "go by the book" on overtime--invoking "seniority" rules to prevent contractors from offering overtime pay to whom they want in order to speed the project on. They can also "inspect" every bit of material coming onto the construction site to see if it poses "a danger" to union members.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: HenryHauglad] #783016
06/10/14 01:03 AM
06/10/14 01:03 AM
California
M
Mikey_Sunset Offline
Capo
Mikey_Sunset  Offline
M
Capo
California
The mob also makes money by stealing fiber optic cable and Mexican travertine tile...or so I heard. smile

Re: How does the Mob make money on.. [Re: pizzaboy] #783331
06/11/14 12:37 PM
06/11/14 12:37 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

By steering the bids to mob connected contractors, who they in turn get a kickback from. That's the short version. There are plenty of additional perks they squeeze out of a job. From the employment of their friends and relatives, to building department kickbacks, to the electricians and plumbers who come in after the fact.

The Laborers are still pretty strong, but under intense supervision in New York. They get away with more in the Midwest.

Just like every other question like this, there's no way of knowing. It's impossible to estimate, and it's futile to try. But 100 billion is absurd. You guys really have to take those documentaries with a grain of salt.

One of the more prominent means of making money seen in indictments in recent years have been sweetheart deals - a mobbed up union allowing contractors to use cheaper non-union labor and they kickback some of the savings in the form of money or no-show jobs. There was a good article about this back in 1999 -

Investigators Detail a New Mob Strategy on Building Trades
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/08/08/nyregi...ing-trades.html

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull