GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 137 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,729
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,301
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,407
Posts1,060,342
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
owner of the bada bing a rat #762283
02/06/14 04:38 PM
02/06/14 04:38 PM
las vegas
bobbyvegas Offline OP
Made Member
bobbyvegas  Offline OP
Made Member
las vegas
Is this the guy that tony soprano portayed?tony "lodi" cardinalle

Last edited by bobbyvegas; 02/06/14 04:42 PM.

Thats a lie
Re: owner of the bada bing a rat [Re: bobbyvegas] #762285
02/06/14 04:46 PM
02/06/14 04:46 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
no he was just the owner of the strip club

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: owner of the bada bing a rat [Re: bobbyvegas] #762286
02/06/14 04:48 PM
02/06/14 04:48 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
heres the exceprt from this weeks GL column for those of you who don't have a subscription-

Real Life Bada Bing Boss Flips

Gang Land Exclusive!Anthony CardinalleCall it a Bada Bing bonanza for the feds. The owner of the Lodi, New Jersey strip club that served as the setting for The Bada Bing during Tony Soprano's eight and a half year run as the world's most beloved TV mobster, has done the unthinkable: He's become a full-fledged cooperating witness for the feds, a guy that Tony, Paulie Walnuts and the rest of the crew would revile as a rat.

And there's another life-topping-fiction twist: Anthony (Tony Lodi) Cardinalle, who lined his club with posters of Tony Soprano and who posted the words "Thank You Jimmy, Farewell Boss" on the sign outside Satin Dolls, the real-life name for his Route 17 jiggle joint after James Gandolfini's death last June, is himself a real-life gangster.

Gang Land has learned that mob turncoat Cardinalle is associated with the Genovese family's Garden State wing. What's more, he's been plying his trade in the same waste management industry as the fictional mob boss did during the years he was holding court in The Bada Bing.

Cardinalle, 61, is one of 29 defendants who were nailed last year in an FBI probe of the mob's control of the private sanitation industry in New York and New Jersey. Officially, Tony Lodi began cooperating with the FBI and Manhattan U.S. Attorney's office a week before Christmas, but sources say Cardinalle's been talking to the feds for months.

Tony Soprano and Paulie Walnuts at the Bada BingIt's unclear what he's told them so far, but since he's a longtime Genovese associate — and a member of a Lodi-based mob crew that was headed by powerhouse capo Tino Fiumara until his death in September 2010 — the feds are banking on Tony Lodi spilling some heavy secrets about the family's rackets on both sides of the Hudson River.

Cardinalle is one of nine accused leaders of the three-family cabal that controlled private garbage collection routes in five counties in the metropolitan area who pleaded guilty before their racketeering trial was slated to begin last month.

According to U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, in July of 2010, Toni Lodi and four other "Lodi Crew" members — including soldiers Peter Leconte and Anthony (Muzzy) Pucciarello — seized control of the waste hauling business that was being operated by the FBI's informer away from the lead defendant in the case, Carmine (Papa Smurf) Franco.

Tape recordings made while the undercover mission was still underway — before Cardinalle flipped — reveal Tony Lodi openly bragging about his clout and his many mob-tied ventures.

Tino FiumaraIn a July 27, 2010 tape, Cardinale was heard pumping up his mob creds by telling the FBI's operative why he needed to be a silent partner in the scheme. "You will never get a garbage license in New Jersey if you mention my name," he said. "You won't. They got a picture of my face up in the Attorney General's Office."

Two weeks later, on August 11, Cardinalle was overheard talking tough to the wired up FBI operative, Charles Hughes — who tape recorded more than 500 conversations between March of 2009 and June of 2012 — about how Hughes could earn some extra cash working for an unidentified mob gambling business.

"I went out of my way for you," Tony Lodi told Hughes, according to court papers filed by prosecutors Brian Blais, Natalie Lamarque and Patrick Egan.

"I don't need my name in the papers," Cardinalle continued. "They have the biggest online gambling companies, they take credit cards and this kid Peter and his boss, they will give you a commission. When they lose they give you 25%, talk to him. They told me do not bring this guy (Hughes) around us unless he is a good guy because we don't need no rat. I told them he ain't a rat, 'cause if he is a rat I will kill him myself."

During that same talk, in an office at one of several clubs Cardinalle owned, according to a transcript obtained by Gang Land, Tony Lodi thanked Hughes for his weekly $500 protection money, and said that a crew member (and later co-defendant) who shared in the payoff, Howard Ross was on his Satin Dolls payroll.

Anthony PucciarelloThe consummate gangster, who spent four months behind bars for tax evasion in 1995, Cardinalle also said he had an aversion to writing things down and talking on the phone.

"Good, give me 500 a week," he began. "That is 3000 you gave me. I don't write it down. I don't talk on that phone, that phone is tapped. The FBI has that number tapped, they always look at my phones for years."

And then Tony Lodi gave a primer on the strip joint business in the Garden State, boasted about his connections with law enforcement — something the feds will surely want to probe.

"I used to be friends with the old prosecutor in North Arlington," he said. "I have a friend with connections in Bellville who runs that whole town. I had a friend that wanted to open a go-go bar and I helped him open the place. I have a friend in every town."

During the two and a half hour discussion, Cardinalle also told Hughes that he recently learned that a bar owner from Paterson had told authorities that no one is allowed to open a strip club unless Toni Lodi was paid off.

"It's a good thing that a friend of mine has a father that is an FBI Agent," he said. "He came to talk to me and I told the guy to tell his father that I am on the level. I don't care who opens a go-go bar. I am going to find who this guy is and I will go to his bar. He shouldn't be telling guys those things."

And in what could be a telling indication of what made him flip, Cardinale's boasts faded away when the subject of prison came up.

"I went to jail once and I have no intention of going back to jail," he told Hughes.

Carmine FrancoWhatever his reasons, his decision to cooperate came even though prosecutors were giving out relatively sweet plea deals, even for major players in the scheme, deals cut in an effort to wrap up the case without having a jury learn that the feds signed up their key informant only after he was arrested for soliciting sex with a 15 year old girl.

Meanwhile, out on Route 17, Bill Pepe, the longtime manager of Satin Dolls, acknowledged to Gang Land yesterday that he knew that Cardinalle had "gone bad" as the Soprano crew would have put it. Offering only short, "yes" and "no" answers, Pepe said "it is business as usual" at the club. And no, Tony Lodi's not concerned about possible retribution from any of his codefendants.

In the real world, however, defense attorney Alan Silber, Manhattan federal prosecutors, as well as Tony Lodi, are very much aware that he is a prime candidate to be whacked. That is spelled out quite clearly in the five-page cooperation agreement he signed on December 19, the day he pleaded guilty to racketeering and extortion charges.

Since his cooperation "is likely to reveal activities of individuals who might use violence, force, and intimidation," the U.S. Attorney's office "will take steps that it determines to be reasonable and necessary to attempt to ensure his safety and that of his family and loved ones," states the signed agreement.

The agreement indicates, however, that before the U.S. Attorney's office contacts the U.S. Marshals Service about a possible relocation for him and his family under the Witness Security Program, Cardinalle will first have to submit a "written request" that details "a significant risk of physical harm."

Cardinalle — unsurprisingly — could not be reached. Silber, the FBI, and U.S. Attorney's office all declined to discuss numerous Gang Land queries about the matter, including whether Tony Lodi could also call for help if he were confronted by a gunman and his pen ran out of ink.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: owner of the bada bing a rat [Re: bobbyvegas] #762288
02/06/14 04:56 PM
02/06/14 04:56 PM
las vegas
bobbyvegas Offline OP
Made Member
bobbyvegas  Offline OP
Made Member
las vegas
Thanks for posting dell

Thats a lie
Re: owner of the bada bing a rat [Re: bobbyvegas] #762292
02/06/14 05:06 PM
02/06/14 05:06 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
That's funny as hell.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: owner of the bada bing a rat [Re: bobbyvegas] #762336
02/06/14 09:26 PM
02/06/14 09:26 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Ima get the scoop on this as I know some in the mix

Re: owner of the bada bing a rat [Re: bobbyvegas] #762353
02/07/14 01:43 AM
02/07/14 01:43 AM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
He's probably going to testify in future cases, consult about what he knows... Obviously, undercover work is out the window. The guys a big mouth and now he's going to strap on the team federale suspenders and play howdy doody. Should be easy for a punk like him. Fits right into his personality.

Re: owner of the bada bing a rat [Re: bobbyvegas] #762668
02/08/14 07:47 PM
02/08/14 07:47 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Court papers: 'Sopranos' strip club operator will sing as informant
By Haley Draznin, CNN
updated 5:53 PM EST, Fri February 7, 2014

(CNN) -- A reputed New Jersey mobster whose strip club was the setting for the Bada Bing go-go bar on "The Sopranos" is playing out a scene from the hit HBO series by turning informant in real life, according to court papers.
Under a December plea agreement, Anthony Cardinalle, 62, of Saddle River, New Jersey, will assist the U.S. Justice Department, FBI, and other law enforcement agencies to uncover organized crime throughout the New York metropolitan area, according to court documents.
Cardinalle, who the feds say is an associate of the Genovese crime family, was arrested in January 2013 on racketeering and extortion charges, along with 31 other people. The accused mobsters allegedly tried to take over legitimate waste disposal businesses by threatening economic and physical harm, according to court papers.
His collaboration with federal law enforcement officials would make him what Soprano "wiseguys" would call a "mob rat."
Cardinalle's supposed exploits are similar to those of the fictitious "Sopranos" characters.
"The tactics they used to exert and maintain their control come right out of the mafia playbook," U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement last year when charges were announced.
Cardinalle was a member of what prosecutors called the Waste Disposal Enterprise, a criminal organization that engaged in various crimes, including extortion, loansharking, mail fraud and stolen property offenses, according to court papers.
His lawyer did not immediately return calls seeking comment.
Cardinalle faces up to 40 years in prison, but he may be eligible for a lighter sentence because of his guilty plea and cooperation.
Law enforcement officials have agreed not to prosecute Cardinalle for criminal tax violations, according to court papers.
Cardinalle's Lodi, New Jersey club, Satin Dolls, was where the infamous mob boss Tony Soprano regularly conducted shady business deals in his office in the backroom.
When "The Sopranos" star James Gandolfini died in June, Satin Dolls honored the late actor by putting up pictures of him throughout club and a sign outside that said, "Thank You Jimmy, Farewell Boss."

-Jordan Belfort

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull