GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Havana), 661 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,782
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,345
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,549
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Differneces Book / Film #49888
02/25/04 12:30 PM
02/25/04 12:30 PM
S
Saltessio Offline OP
Associate
Saltessio  Offline OP
S
Associate
Hello Everybody
Do you knwo where I can find the differences between the Noven and The Movie?

Thank you!

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49889
02/25/04 06:01 PM
02/25/04 06:01 PM
England
The Puppet Mistress Offline
Made Member
The Puppet Mistress  Offline
Made Member
England
Hello Saltessio

Welcome to the board - I hope you enjoy posting. I have only been a member for a short while.

I think your best bet would be to read the novel and watch the film and see the comparisons.

The novel goes into more detail on certain subjects and covers subjects that are missed out of the film completely.

Look forward to chatting to you.
smile

"My wife was weeping before she fell asleep, outside my window I saw my Caporegimes coming to the house and it is midnight. So, Consigliori of mine, I think you should tell your Don what everyone knows."
Re: Differneces Book / Film #49890
02/29/04 06:06 PM
02/29/04 06:06 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
There are several differences betwen the BOok and the movie. One that comes to mind is that when Young Vito kills Fannucci, we find out that Sonny is around 16 years old and saw his father do it. Another is that the novel goes much deeper into Johnny Fontaine character, & Lucy Mancini. There are many others, as the previous post said, why not just read the book. You'll definately enjoy it.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49891
03/09/04 08:04 PM
03/09/04 08:04 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
I think the biggest difference between novel and film is that in the novel Johnny Fontane is a main charachter like the members of the family.

I don't remember exactly, but I think when Vito killed Fanucci and Sonny saw it, Sonny was much younger than 16. I'm not sure thuogh.

another difference is that Michael only kills Barzini and Tattaglia, and not all the heads of the five families, and also that he kills Moe Greene before these two, and not all simultaneously, like in the amazing baptism sequence in the film.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Differneces Book / Film #49892
03/10/04 01:10 AM
03/10/04 01:10 AM
Michigan
Domenico Offline
Button
Domenico  Offline
Button
Michigan
Hi SALTESSIO,first of all, if you haven't read the book yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR !!!!!!!!!!???? Like with all books made to movies ,there's no way they can fit it all in a movie.Books are usally better as where more can be explained,like the GF. Some parts or people cut out of the movie that i personally liked to have seen are....... 1.NINO VALENTI 2.DR.TAZA 3.FILOMENA 4.The story FILOMENA told about luca to michael.{a classic!}. 5.Paulie gatto and his boys beating those 2 guys that assaulted Bonasera's daughter. The list goes on but i think you understand. BOTTOM LINE,...READ THE BOOK NOW!! CAPICE?? Good Luck

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49893
03/10/04 09:59 AM
03/10/04 09:59 AM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
Here's what comes to mind so far:

In The Novel, only the Barzini and Tattaglia Families were fighting the Corleones from the start of supporting Sollozzo to the deaths of both Dons. In the Movie it was all the New York Families who attacked The Corleones.

In the Novel Sonny had a regime. In the Movie he didn't.

Moe Green was killed By Neri in the Novel. In the Movie he was slain by an unknown button man working for the Corleone Family.

In the Novel, after getting back to the mall fortress from the French Hospital it was Clemenza's regime of Button Men who were gaurding the Mall. In the Movie, after getting back from the French Hospital it was Tessio's regime of Soldiers who were guarding the Mall.

In the Novel, when Mike came back from Sicily, it was Kay who sought him out. In the Movie, when Mike got back from Sicily it was he who sought Kay out.

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49894
03/31/04 07:08 PM
03/31/04 07:08 PM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
Also, In the novel Mikey ordered the death of Fabrizzio. Fabrizzio was shot during the time Mike struck back at all his enemies.
In the film, Fabrizzio was just recently found after Mike's years of searching. A bomb is planted and the car explodes.

Sonny got lucy pregnant in the film. In the novel she doesn't get pregnant.

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49895
04/25/04 09:00 AM
04/25/04 09:00 AM
H
Huntz Offline
Wiseguy
Huntz  Offline
H
Wiseguy
Originally posted by Boss_of_bosses:
Sonny got lucy pregnant in the film. In the novel she doesn't get pregnant.
Yeah that was a bit of BS Puzo/FFC pulled out for GFIII

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49896
05/02/04 05:19 PM
05/02/04 05:19 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
From what I remember Lucy Mancini and the plastic surgeon, Julius became an item after Julius worked on her. The flashback scenes were Vito's and not Michael's as shown in GF2. The history of Luca Brasi is told in detail. Nothing that came from his loins must live. Also Michael had two boys and no daughter.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49897
06/15/04 08:47 PM
06/15/04 08:47 PM
Toronto, Canada
UnderBoss Offline
Capo
UnderBoss  Offline
Capo
Toronto, Canada
Basically if the movie was made into the book it would be a whole 100 pages shorter at least. Plus if you want to research more on this topic you can do a keyword search on this site.

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49898
06/17/04 02:55 PM
06/17/04 02:55 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Also, in the book, when Vito fled to America after the contract was put on his life, I think he was 12 or 13 years old. In the film, or should I say Part II, he was only 9.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49899
06/18/04 02:05 PM
06/18/04 02:05 PM
Texas
Patches Offline
Underboss
Patches  Offline
Underboss
Texas
Yeah, it said something along the lines that he was a real man at the age of eleven...

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49900
07/04/04 10:46 AM
07/04/04 10:46 AM
Q
Quiddity Offline
Associate
Quiddity  Offline
Q
Associate
Just finished the book on friday, so everything's fresh in my mind right now. Lets see...

-Overall scenes are shuffled compared to the movie. For example, all the stuff with Michael in Sicily happens in one part rather than being spread out. Likewise with Vito's history. Many times we have scenes that take place later, then they flash back to how things got that way. Like Vito visiting Bonasera for Sonny happens before the part when he is shot to death. Luca Brasi's death is pushed back many pages after they are all wondering where he is for a while.
-When Vito's doing favors for everyone at Connie's wedding in addition to those we see in the movie there's also a local baker, can't remember his name who asks Vito to let one of his employees, Enzo, stay in America legally. Enzo of course appears in the movie at the hospital.
-Characters like Johnny Fontaine and Lucy Mancini have much bigger parts in the novel. And this is a major flaw, as their storylines are incredibly boring and take up a good 50+ pages. There's also the character of Nino who doesn't appear in the movie at all that Puzo wastes tons of time on.
-Likewise there's the character of Filomena, who Michael visits in Sicily who is not in the movie, but unlike the others she is more interesting, and tells us about Luca Brasi.
-We know a lot more about various characters like Luca Brasi(how he had Filomena throw his newborn baby into a furnace), Al Neri(his past as a policeman), Carlo(in detail about the bookie job he does), Woltz, McClusky, etc...
-Paulie and other guys beat up the men who abused Bonasera's daughter, sending them to the hospital for months.
-Kay has a bigger part, we meet her parents and she befriend Mrs. Corleone.
-Vito comes to America at an older age, there's no Don Ciccio that he returns to kill as in GF II. Likewise his rise in power continues further than they went in the movies about his olive oil business, other families, etc...
-There's the whole storyline about another mob family that they would take hostages of when it came time to make negotiations with the other families. If negotiations went bad, they'd kill the hostage. The family of the hostage would take revenge on the other families for causing his death.
-A guy takes the blame for Solozzo and McClusky so Michael can come back to America.
-The baptism scene takes place, but the murders don't take place then as in the movie. Only Tattaglia, Barzini and Moe Greene die, and Moe Green dies differently than being shot in the eye as in the movie.
-We meet Genco, Vito's original consegliere, who dies at the hospital. This was shot for the movie, but cut out.
-Michael has 2 sons, no daughter.
-Sonny, who saw Vito kill Fanucci, has his own regime which is split into Tessio and Clemenza's after his death.

Overall things are very close to the movie though. Scenes play out exactly the same and the dialogue is sometimes taken word for word. Outside of the worthless fluff with Fontaine and Mancini its a very good read.

Re: Differneces Book / Film #49901
07/04/04 07:48 PM
07/04/04 07:48 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Originally posted by Quiddity:
-When Vito's doing favors for everyone at Connie's wedding in addition to those we see in the movie there's also a local baker, can't remember his name who asks Vito to let one of his employees, Enzo, stay in America legally.
That's Nazorine. The scene you describe is in the film.

You may be thinking of the character (named, strangely enough, Anthony Coppola) who comes to Don C. to borrow $500 to open a pizzeria, a scene which does not appear in the film.

"Difficult....not impossible"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull