GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 860 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,930
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,616
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,467
Posts1,061,471
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: FunnyHow] #730600
07/29/13 04:17 AM
07/29/13 04:17 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@Cookcounty.

Does the mafia stimulate the economy?

Think about this: the mafia in almost every aspect it touches artificially increase prices, paid for, by YOU.

Every thing which is stolen, every union which is rigged, every industry which is organized, every bar or shop which is extorted, every building which is built the artificially inflated costs are passed on to the consumer.

Aka YOU.

And you know all those taxes they DON'T pay? Guess who picks up the tab there? Yup. You. Less tax revenue = higher/more taxes to make up for the shortfall.

And drugs? Who pays for all those extra cops? Those border control agents? Those nurses and ambulances and govt rehab centres. Yup. You.

So if you or anyone else (especially psuedo capitalists who think its just 'entrepreneurial' what mob guys do...) thinks that because they drop a g on a new suit every once in while they're 'stimulating' the economy? Think again.

Because you bought him that suit.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 07/29/13 04:32 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: Chicago] #730698
07/29/13 05:00 PM
07/29/13 05:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Chicago
Cook County for President! He has the answer to stimulate the economy more on his street Corner. LOL.

He makes these comments without any thought in order to get attention. And, we're stupid enough to give it to him!

Exacty.

Don't....Feed....The....Trolls wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: cookcounty] #730714
07/29/13 05:59 PM
07/29/13 05:59 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
drug dealers have extra money to spend at red lobster

ain't dat da troof!

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: FunnyHow] #730747
07/29/13 07:30 PM
07/29/13 07:30 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
so nobody is gonna dispute that drug dealers stimulate the economy?

just make popcorn gallery type remarks

Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: cookcounty] #730751
07/29/13 07:38 PM
07/29/13 07:38 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

what do drug addicts spend their money on? drugs! where do most of them get their money once it gets serious? petty thefts and government checks! what do drug dealers do with their money? buy more drugs. those transactions are not taxed. what happens when all of that bulk cash is smuggled out of chicago down to sinaloa? how does that help the local economy? this isn't 1970's miami anymore where you can buy cars, houses, boats, businesses ect with cash.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: Five_Felonies] #730763
07/29/13 08:02 PM
07/29/13 08:02 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

what do drug addicts spend their money on? drugs! where do most of them get their money once it gets serious? petty thefts and government checks! what do drug dealers do with their money? buy more drugs. those transactions are not taxed. what happens when all of that bulk cash is smuggled out of chicago down to sinaloa? how does that help the local economy? this isn't 1970's miami anymore where you can buy cars, houses, boats, businesses ect with cash.

nobody would deal drugs if you couldn't legally spend the proceeds

Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: FunnyHow] #730765
07/29/13 08:06 PM
07/29/13 08:06 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
All hes trying to say is that black people dont know how to launder money, just smoke crack.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: cookcounty] #730782
07/29/13 09:42 PM
07/29/13 09:42 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

Dude you're logic is literally the worst I've ever seen. Junkies, low life dealers, and gangs don't stimulate the economy. They steal from it. And you wonder why black people get stereotyped? Just you saying drug dealers HELP this country instead of rotting in prison where they belong is one of many many reasons

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: FunnyHow] #730789
07/29/13 09:55 PM
07/29/13 09:55 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Hurt the economy more then anything.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #730791
07/29/13 10:03 PM
07/29/13 10:03 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Dude you're logic is literally the worst I've ever seen. Junkies, low life dealers, and gangs don't stimulate the economy. They steal from it. And you wonder why black people get stereotyped? Just you saying drug dealers HELP this country instead of rotting in prison where they belong is one of many many reasons

I honestly hope he doesn't realize what he's trping. If he does there's one of two explanations, he's a troll or......

Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: FunnyHow] #730803
07/29/13 11:07 PM
07/29/13 11:07 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
I watched Cocaine Cowboys a couple weeks ago and it said the cocaine trade boosted the economy in Miami. Even as the country slipped into recession, Miami was still booming because the drug kingpins laundered and invested their money in legitimate businesses. That's why you always saw cranes and skyscrapers being built in south Florida. Car dealerships couldn't move cars fast enough and jewelry stores were selling out. This was before the crack pandemic too, so it was the middle class and wealthy that were buying it.

That had nothing to do with the Mafia, but one of the rare times that crime did boost the economy. The only reason why it didn't continue was because of the gang wars in the mid-80s that led to law enforcement cracking down on drugs. Too many bodies/innocent bystanders on the streets.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #730821
07/30/13 12:39 AM
07/30/13 12:39 AM
D
DA13 Offline
Button
DA13  Offline
D
Button
What does his comment have to do with stereotyping black people?

Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: DA13] #730830
07/30/13 01:52 AM
07/30/13 01:52 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: DA13
What does his comment have to do with stereotyping black people?

Read some of his other posts you'll understand. Especially on the Trayvon Martin thing. But let's not talk about that here

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: FunnyHow] #730871
07/30/13 05:02 AM
07/30/13 05:02 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@dellacroce

you've got your head up your ass if you think only certain races launder money

@joeschmo

you do realize the mafia has dealt drugs for over 80 years in the U.S.

do they deserve to rot in prison as well

Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: FunnyHow] #730872
07/30/13 05:08 AM
07/30/13 05:08 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Cook you dont know shit about the vice lords or disciples let alone the mafia or anything else for that matter.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: cookcounty] #730873
07/30/13 05:11 AM
07/30/13 05:11 AM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Cook, How does it feel to be the most hated poster on this entire Forum? Does it feel good?
Even other respected Black Posters are laughing at you. It's not just Big Bad Whitey.

Last edited by Chicago; 07/30/13 07:00 AM.
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: Chicago] #731093
07/31/13 10:32 AM
07/31/13 10:32 AM
A
ArcticMonkeys Offline
Associate
ArcticMonkeys  Offline
A
Associate
In some regards they do stimulate the economy.

By pushing up prices in industries such as construction, the total revenue for the economy is increased as people, especially in an urban area such as NYC, still need property and hence demand is inelastic. As such, increased revenue means a greater quantity of circular flow of income, which increases Gross Domestic Product and hence grows the economy. Furthermore, the Mob effectuates law enforcement and causes them to be employed, they pay taxes, increases circular flow of income, etc.

However, this is more than offset by the increased cost of production caused by them, causing inefficiency and reducing the economy's productive capacity. For example, the amount of money the government spends on imprisoning and prosecuting them could be put to much better use which would benefit the economy in the long run. They of course also do not pay all of their taxes, causing taxes to be raised for others, and reducing expenditure.

Long story short , the answer is No !

Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: ArcticMonkeys] #731125
07/31/13 01:03 PM
07/31/13 01:03 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ArcticMonkeys
In some regards they do stimulate the economy.

By pushing up prices in industries such as construction, the total revenue for the economy is increased as people, especially in an urban area such as NYC, still need property and hence demand is inelastic. As such, increased revenue means a greater quantity of circular flow of income, which increases Gross Domestic Product and hence grows the economy. Furthermore, the Mob effectuates law enforcement and causes them to be employed, they pay taxes, increases circular flow of income, etc.

However, this is more than offset by the increased cost of production caused by them, causing inefficiency and reducing the economy's productive capacity. For example, the amount of money the government spends on imprisoning and prosecuting them could be put to much better use which would benefit the economy in the long run. They of course also do not pay all of their taxes, causing taxes to be raised for others, and reducing expenditure.

Long story short , the answer is No !

Mate no offense but that is absolute crap.

"By pushing up prices in industries such as construction, the total revenue for the economy is increased"

What garbage. How? The increase in cost is paid for by the consumer whom would otherwise have injected those funds into the economy.

"...a greater quantity of circular flow of income" Made, up, gibberish. Ie Non-sensical

If you're trying to pass yourself off as some what educated about economics you're failing.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 07/31/13 02:47 PM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #731170
07/31/13 04:05 PM
07/31/13 04:05 PM
A
ArcticMonkeys Offline
Associate
ArcticMonkeys  Offline
A
Associate
It's really not buddy.

Revenue = Cost per Unit X Total Units sold. Although the cost is higher, demand for real estate in an urban area is price inelastic. In other words , the increase in price has a minimal effect on quantity sold, so revenue is obviously greater. Capiche ?

The consumer would NEVER spend all of the extra cost in the economy as Average Propensity to Consume is never 1, unless you are very very poor. Google it.

As such the circular flow of income is greater as there is extra money being spent rather than being saved and sitting in a bank account somewhere.

I suggest you google what the circular flow of income is, as it's one of the first things discussed in the study of economics. It even has it's own wikipedia page, which is strange for something you dismiss as " gibberish" and "nonsensical ".

Sources : Studying Accounting and Finance at the UK's number 3 university.

Re: Does the mafia stimulate the economy? [Re: FunnyHow] #731220
07/31/13 11:02 PM
07/31/13 11:02 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Well I'll take my medicine.

Apologies.

Ill still respectfully disagree.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull