GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Liggio), 341 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,896
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Confused need help.... #48911
11/13/02 12:18 AM
11/13/02 12:18 AM
Qckrun Offline OP
Associate
Qckrun  Offline OP
Associate
Ok i have a couple of questions, and hopefully you guy can help.

1st= How come Tom Hagen didnt succed Vito?

2nd= Why didnt the 3 oldest children fail to succed there father, but Michael was a success?

3rd= Can someone explain, why when the Corleone's tryed to become a legit company, the government dissapproved of it because the family was corrupted at the beginning, but the government lets companys that dont have a past history of organized crime set up shot, but there more corrupt than the Corleone's were.

4th= What do you think the purpose of Puzo was when he wrote the Godfather. Also why do you think he wrote it?

what i think to question 4 is its showing the connections and the ability of using someone can corrupt te world and the people around. Please giv me your thoughts. Thank you.
Chris

I want to die in my sleep like my granfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car!
Re: Confused need help.... #48912
11/13/02 05:45 AM
11/13/02 05:45 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
The Bright Side Of The Road
Here's my tuppence worth Qckrun:

1. One of the mistaken perceptions that people pick up from the GF film is that when a Don died or retired he was automatically replaced by his eldest son. Puzo points out in the novel that this was not necessarily the case. It was usually whichever member of the "Family" hierarchy was strongest at the time, sometimes this was a son, more often not. Puzo and FFC saw GF as the story of a king with three sons, hence the family succession thing.

2. Sonny was dead, Fredo was weak and stupid and Tom wasn't Sicilian. As FFC said (and I parapahrase here) "One son had his (Vito's) passion and aggression (Sonny) one had his sensitive side (Fredo) and one had his cunning and ruthlessness (Michael)".

3. Haven't a clue.

4. Puzo freely admitted that he wrote the GF to make money and pay off debts (rumoured to be gambling debts).

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: Confused need help.... #48913
11/13/02 10:43 PM
11/13/02 10:43 PM
Pittsburgh
L
Liz Skywalker Offline
Underboss
Liz Skywalker  Offline
L
Underboss
Pittsburgh
Originally posted by Qckrun:
1st= How come Tom Hagen didnt succed Vito?
He wasn't his natural son. He wasn't even adopted. He just sort of lived with the family and then went to work for them. Plus, he's a "kraut-mick".

Cont:
2nd= Why didnt the 3 oldest children fail to succed there father, but Michael was a success?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Sonny *did* succeed Vito for a short time, but was killed. Fredo was just too stupid. It fell to Michael to continue the Family business.

Cont:
3rd= Can someone explain, why when the Corleone's tryed to become a legit company, the government dissapproved of it because the family was corrupted at the beginning, but the government lets companys that dont have a past history of organized crime set up shot, but there more corrupt than the Corleone's were.
The trials in GFII were modeled after the RL mob trials of that time. The Corleones, as an affluent mob Family, were put on trial. The Corleones pretty much represented LCN in Tahoe. If a company doesn't have a past history of OC, then what would make them think that the company was mobbed up?

Cont:
4th= What do you think the purpose of Puzo was when he wrote the Godfather. Also why do you think he wrote it?
He wrote it to make money.

~Liz

"Bacio tua mano."

"But...it was so artistically done."
Re: Confused need help.... #48914
11/13/02 11:45 PM
11/13/02 11:45 PM
Qckrun Offline OP
Associate
Qckrun  Offline OP
Associate
Thank you everyone, for your responses. It's given some insight on how i should orgaize my essay lol. Thanks

Chris

I want to die in my sleep like my granfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull