GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Liggio), 690 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,488
Posts1,061,826
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: fav. GF music #6995
06/14/04 01:25 PM
06/14/04 01:25 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Originally posted by goombah:
I don't know whether this is on the soundtrack b/c I don't own it. I wouldn't even call it a song per se, but I love the music that is being played when Michael is arriving at the hospital to visit his father. It's also played again in the regular release of GF, but I'm drawing a blank as to when. However, I remember a deleted scene in which Sonny is going over to tell Mama that Vito was shot and the same music is playing. It's a few keys of a piano and some softer accompanying instruments.

Is there a title for the music I'm describing?
Hey,
After I read your post, I couldn't stop thinking about this, and I had to check it out! lol I couldn't remember any music playing when Michael was at the hospital, and how it went, but my memory's terrible, so I pulled out the ol' trusty DVD... lol Anyways, I heard what music you were talking about, and I agree..I love that music, too! I think it fits so well w/the scene...sorta spooky and "dangerous"...if you will..sorry, that's the best way I could describe it.. rolleyes lol But seriously, I agree, I like that part. grin I have no idea if it has a title, though, or what it is.. confused
~Gina

Re: fav. GF music #6996
06/14/04 03:28 PM
06/14/04 03:28 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
Hey,
After I read your post, I couldn't stop thinking about this, and I had to check it out! lol I couldn't remember any music playing when Michael was at the hospital, and how it went, but my memory's terrible, so I pulled out the ol' trusty DVD... lol Anyways, I heard what music you were talking about, and I agree..I love that music, too! I think it fits so well w/the scene...sorta spooky and "dangerous"...if you will..sorry, that's the best way I could describe it.. rolleyes lol But seriously, I agree, I like that part. grin I have no idea if it has a title, though, or what it is.. confused
~Gina [/QUOTE]

Gina
I'm glad someone knew what I was trying to describe! It does have a spooky and rather ominous tone to it...

That little piece of music is yet another example of why the film is so great.

Re: fav. GF music #6997
06/14/04 04:46 PM
06/14/04 04:46 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Exactly! Well said, my friend! grin (After I pulled out the movie, it inspired me to start re-watching the 2nd one...again! Of course, you can never get too much of The Godfather! lol lol smile )

Re: fav. GF music #6998
06/16/04 05:59 PM
06/16/04 05:59 PM
T
TheKillerGFan Offline
Wiseguy
TheKillerGFan  Offline
T
Wiseguy
The music of Nino Rota and Carmine Coppolla is one of the reasons these films were so great.

My favorite theme is Michael's theme and the original Hollywood music. If you have the DVD collection bonus materials you can listen to a recording of Rota's work and it sounds even better than with the orchestra in the films.

Also in GF2 the scene when Genco and Vito are watching a play, I love the opening music in that scene, it reminds me of the music that opens the wedding scene, and both really make me feel like a Sicilian immigrant. Its a strange feeling but i love those tunes. And in GF3 when anthony sings, thats a gem in that film, you can really feel the angst of people in Sicily and see the beauty of the countryside, you can see apollonia...well anyway.

Re: fav. GF music #6999
06/17/04 09:24 AM
06/17/04 09:24 AM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
Rota's music from the original was disqualified from the Academy Awards because it was too familiar to another movie.

Anyone know the movie that was from?

Re: fav. GF music #7000
06/17/04 01:59 PM
06/17/04 01:59 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
Exactly! Well said, my friend! grin (After I pulled out the movie, it inspired me to start re-watching the 2nd one...again! Of course, you can never get too much of The Godfather! lol lol smile )
The first film was on Spike TV last night. Two more instances where the music I am referring to occurred:
1. when Sollozzo finds out that Vito is still alive and tells Hagen to make the deal, the music begins
2. when Michael is waiting to be picked up by Sollozzo for the meeting in Louis Restaurant

Spike TV is just a station on cable/satellite ala USA or TNT. Interestingly, they showed it uncut - all the language was left in. Next Wed, they're showing GFII uncut. cool

Re: fav. GF music #7001
06/17/04 03:52 PM
06/17/04 03:52 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Originally posted by goombah:
The first film was on Spike TV last night. Two more instances where the music I am referring to occurred:
1. when Sollozzo finds out that Vito is still alive and tells Hagen to make the deal, the music begins
2. when Michael is waiting to be picked up by Sollozzo for the meeting in Louis Restaurant

Spike TV is just a station on cable/satellite ala USA or TNT. Interestingly, they showed it uncut - all the language was left in. Next Wed, they're showing GFII uncut. cool
Oh, thanks for putting those...I'll be sure to look out for them next time I watch it! grin Oh, guess what...I watched The Godfather last night, too, on Spike TV! (Yeah, I think Spike's some kind of "Channel for Men," or at least that's what they call it...but I'll still watch it if GF's on! lol ) I was really sleepy last night, but I was channel-flipping and recognized the movie right away, so I put the TV on sleep mode, and I fell asleep to The Godfather...sweet, huh? lol It's like a lullaby...hehe I can't believe they showed it uncut...I hate it when they edit the movies, because it's just not the same...I'm not saying I ENJOY the "bad parts"...lol...but it just seems weird when they change it, you know?
~Gina

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull