GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 786 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,613
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,465
Posts1,061,364
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's #698459
02/21/13 11:30 PM
02/21/13 11:30 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's.

Anyone got any ?

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: abc123] #698469
02/21/13 11:50 PM
02/21/13 11:50 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Yakuza ,triads ,russian oc ,polish oc, irish oc, greek oc

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 02/21/13 11:52 PM.
Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: abc123] #698482
02/22/13 12:49 AM
02/22/13 12:49 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
All of the above that nickyeyes mentioned and also outlaw motorcycle gangs and the major prison gangs.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: abc123] #698487
02/22/13 01:02 AM
02/22/13 01:02 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You can add the Balkan criminal enterprises, especially the Albanians. Increasingly, Asian criminal enterprises are not directly related to the traditional Triads. The Yakuza has relatively little presence in the U.S. Of course "Russian" criminal enterprises is often an umbrella term to refer to all Eurasian groups, i.e. both Russian and Eastern European. There's also Nigerian and Middle Eastern criminal enterprises.

You'll notice I'm using the term "criminal enterprises," as opposed to "organized crime." Even though these terms can often be used interchangeably, the FBI also differentiates between them a lot; especially when comparing La Cosa Nostra to the newer ethnic groups.

And let's not forget all the Mexican and South American drug groups. Colombians, Mexicans, Dominicans, Cubans, etc. They're often categorized differently, because they're usually involved only in drugs for the most part, but there's no denying they are also organized crime.

I should also add that even some black and Hispanic street gangs have become sophisticated enough, at times, to warrant the label "organized crime" or "criminal enterprise." It's why the Justice Department combined it's OC and Gang unit a while back.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/22/13 01:03 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: IvyLeague] #698496
02/22/13 01:32 AM
02/22/13 01:32 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
You can add the Balkan criminal enterprises, especially the Albanians. Increasingly, Asian criminal enterprises are not directly related to the traditional Triads. The Yakuza has relatively little presence in the U.S. Of course "Russian" criminal enterprises is often an umbrella term to refer to all Eurasian groups, i.e. both Russian and Eastern European. There's also Nigerian and Middle Eastern criminal enterprises.

You'll notice I'm using the term "criminal enterprises," as opposed to "organized crime." Even though these terms can often be used interchangeably, the FBI also differentiates between them a lot; especially when comparing La Cosa Nostra to the newer ethnic groups.

And let's not forget all the Mexican and South American drug groups. Colombians, Mexicans, Dominicans, Cubans, etc. They're often categorized differently, because they're usually involved only in drugs for the most part, but there's no denying they are also organized crime.

I should also add that even some black and Hispanic street gangs have become sophisticated enough, at times, to warrant the label "organized crime" or "criminal enterprise." It's why the Justice Department combined it's OC and Gang unit a while back.

you're about 30 years late on that one

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: cookcounty] #698520
02/22/13 06:16 AM
02/22/13 06:16 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

The fact that you and Ivy don't agree on the current state of the Chicago Outfit doesn't allow you to childishly attempt to argue every time he says something.

If you have to turn every thread into some boxing ring...stick to the Outift's ones: no one really cares about those anyway...

And no...30 years ago African-American and Hispanic street gangs were not yet labelled as such. Even if few (really, really few) could have.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: NickyEyes1] #698621
02/22/13 02:34 PM
02/22/13 02:34 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Polish OC? I don't think they are really all that powerful. At least not in the US.
In Europe there were the Pruszkow and Wolomin crime groups at the beginning of the 90s. Nowadays Polish OC is far from noticable.
Out of the crime groups you mentioned the Greeks in my opinion are the sneakiest of them all. You rarely hear something about them, but anywhere where a Greek immigrant neighborhood is located there's gambling- and drug-based (mainly meth, but also cocaine) organized crime.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: abc123] #698663
02/22/13 04:46 PM
02/22/13 04:46 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
You also have the Armenians who aren't that big in the east but have a considerable criminal element out in Southern California where they are plentiful, they have everything ranging from youth street gangs up to more hierchal OC like groups and from what I can tell and I may get some flack for this, is that they fill the "Niche" that Italians fill in other areas of the country but to a far lesser extent, more or less meaning there the dominant white crime group out there

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: cookcounty] #698666
02/22/13 05:00 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

My post was referring to whether the feds label them organized crime, not whether I do.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/22/13 06:29 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: TonyBoy117] #698667
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
You also have the Armenians who aren't that big in the east but have a considerable criminal element out in Southern California where they are plentiful, they have everything ranging from youth street gangs up to more hierchal OC like groups and from what I can tell and I may get some flack for this, is that they fill the "Niche" that Italians fill in other areas of the country but to a far lesser extent, more or less meaning there the dominant white crime group out there

Armenians would fall under Eurasian OC.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: TheKillingJoke] #698672
02/22/13 05:22 PM
02/22/13 05:22 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Polish OC? I don't think they are really all that powerful. At least not in the US.
In Europe there were the Pruszkow and Wolomin crime groups at the beginning of the 90s. Nowadays Polish OC is far from noticable.
Out of the crime groups you mentioned the Greeks in my opinion are the sneakiest of them all. You rarely hear something about them, but anywhere where a Greek immigrant neighborhood is located there's gambling- and drug-based (mainly meth, but also cocaine) organized crime.
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

I read online that there is polish oc in greenpoint, Brooklyn. They are called greenpoint crew. I agree with you aboit about the greeka. Does anyone here know about greek oc? I read there was in nyc and philly but I'm not sure it it's true.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: cookcounty] #698700
02/22/13 06:28 PM
02/22/13 06:28 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss

Under the leadership of guys like larry hoover, jeff fort and willie lloyd the chicago gangs were organised crime with a chain of command and roles.Things are alot more fragmented these days however if your still managing to pull in 50,000 to 100,000 grand a week off of your drug trade and be fighting with rivals at the same time then i guess you could be considered organised crime, you even have 15 year olds running 15-30 grand spots in chicago. Also many recent cases such as the black guerilla family in baltimore and also if you remembered jimmy rosemonds drug case where he was being supplied by members of the bloods and crips in LA which shows that there is some form of structure perhaps a loose one that arranges for large-scale drug trafficking and dealing across the country. Along side that many of the street gangs are engaging in sex trafficking and fraud.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: TonyBoy117] #698707
02/22/13 06:38 PM
02/22/13 06:38 PM
Antonio Offline
Made Member
Antonio  Offline
Made Member
I would also say in Southern California, The Armenians and maybe even Russians to a lesser extent are the dominant white crime group operating out there. The Italians really have no presence out there. If anybody could answer the question, Where are the Italian mobs crews outside of the hot spots like NY, NJ, Philly, Chicago, Miami, but is there anywhere else?

Tony Soprano : I thought I told you to back off Beansie!

Richie Aprile : I did, Then I put it in drive..
Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: Antonio] #698714
02/22/13 06:48 PM
02/22/13 06:48 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Antonio
I would also say in Southern California, The Armenians and maybe even Russians to a lesser extent are the dominant white crime group operating out there. The Italians really have no presence out there. If anybody could answer the question, Where are the Italian mobs crews outside of the hot spots like NY, NJ, Philly, Chicago, Miami, but is there anywhere else?
The short answer is yes,

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: Antonio] #698716
02/22/13 06:50 PM
02/22/13 06:50 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
I dont know whether you can say they have that much of a prescense in chicago either these days.Russians definatley seem to have a major prescence in miami. As far as white groups go you also got bikers and white supremacist gangs in california. To answer your question if theres not a strong italian population in an area then its unlikely that a lcn family will spring up there.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: Scorsese] #698722
02/22/13 06:57 PM
02/22/13 06:57 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
.Russians definatley seem to have a major prescence in miami.
if i remember correctly, somewhat recently the fbi labeled the russians as more of a priority/more entrenched in miami/south florida than lcn. while brighton beach has generally always been considered the epicenter of russian OC in the US, it seems like south florida, if it hasn't already, will overtake that spot soon enough.

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 02/22/13 07:14 PM.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: Five_Felonies] #698724
02/22/13 07:00 PM
02/22/13 07:00 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
if i remember correctly, somewhat recently the fbi labeled the russians as more of a priority/more entrenched in miami/south florida than lcn. while brighton beach has generally always been considered the epicenter of russian OC in the US, it seems like south, florida if it hasn't already, will overtake that spot soon enough.

That's true. In 2011, the Russian mob was said to be a bigger investigative priority than the LCN for the FBI in South Florida. That same year, Eurasian and Asian organized crime were reported to be a bigger investigative priority than the LCN for the feds in Las Vegas.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/22/13 07:01 PM.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: IvyLeague] #698730
02/22/13 07:10 PM
02/22/13 07:10 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
The russians seem to commit more scams and fraud than anything else, but i guess thats enough considering the money they make off of it. chinese gangs are pretty active in the ectasy and kettamine trade. i read somewhere once that asian gangsters were being hired out by atlantic city loansharks to collect debts.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: LuanKuci] #698736
02/22/13 08:17 PM
02/22/13 08:17 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci

The fact that you and Ivy don't agree on the current state of the Chicago Outfit doesn't allow you to childishly attempt to argue every time he says something.

If you have to turn every thread into some boxing ring...stick to the Outift's ones: no one really cares about those anyway...

And no...30 years ago African-American and Hispanic street gangs were not yet labelled as such. Even if few (really, really few) could have.

are you his bodyguard or lawyer?

you sound like a hillbilly that thinks OC has color barriers

Last edited by cookcounty; 02/22/13 08:30 PM.
Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: Scorsese] #698737
02/22/13 08:20 PM
02/22/13 08:20 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

Under the leadership of guys like larry hoover, jeff fort and willie lloyd the chicago gangs were organised crime with a chain of command and roles.Things are alot more fragmented these days however if your still managing to pull in 50,000 to 100,000 grand a week off of your drug trade and be fighting with rivals at the same time then i guess you could be considered organised crime, you even have 15 year olds running 15-30 grand spots in chicago. Also many recent cases such as the black guerilla family in baltimore and also if you remembered jimmy rosemonds drug case where he was being supplied by members of the bloods and crips in LA which shows that there is some form of structure perhaps a loose one that arranges for large-scale drug trafficking and dealing across the country. Along side that many of the street gangs are engaging in sex trafficking and fraud.

there might not even be a spot making 15k a day in chicago anymore

the drug trade is dead up here

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: abc123] #698753
02/22/13 09:14 PM
02/22/13 09:14 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss

Jewish OC still going in USA ?

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: abc123] #698758
02/22/13 09:27 PM
02/22/13 09:27 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: abc123

That pretty much ended by the 40s/50s

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: IvyLeague] #698771
02/22/13 10:37 PM
02/22/13 10:37 PM
Tampa
Take The Cannolies Offline
Button
Take The Cannolies  Offline
Button
Tampa
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
if i remember correctly, somewhat recently the fbi labeled the russians as more of a priority/more entrenched in miami/south florida than lcn. while brighton beach has generally always been considered the epicenter of russian OC in the US, it seems like south, florida if it hasn't already, will overtake that spot soon enough.

That's true. In 2011, the Russian mob was said to be a bigger investigative priority than the LCN for the FBI in South Florida. That same year, Eurasian and Asian organized crime were reported to be a bigger investigative priority than the LCN for the feds in Las Vegas.

I could see this. Last time I visited Miami I heard almost as much Russian being spoke as Spanish. I know it is also the capital for credit card cloning, etc., white-collar scams which Russian OC seems to specialize in.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: cookcounty] #698832
02/23/13 02:59 AM
02/23/13 02:59 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
That's not true due to the fact there are still bust here and there with estimates of drugs being in the multi thousands mark. Chicago gangs as an individual groups aren't that fragmented as the media makes them out to be in some cases. By the way, do you have an account on Thehoodup? I seen a similar name.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: abc123] #698834
02/23/13 03:07 AM
02/23/13 03:07 AM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
in california.. armenians have the best rackets for sure.. just google armenian power... theyre pulling like 50mil medicare scams, along with just about anything else you can think of... those fuckers love money more than anyone ive ever met, theyre hungry.. and surprisingly smart

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: NickyEyes1] #698841
02/23/13 04:20 AM
02/23/13 04:20 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: abc123

That pretty much ended by the 40s/50s

Not fully. Quite some Russian gangsters in the USA are in fact Jewish. That's because it were mostly Soviet Jews who were allowed to emigrate to the States. However, nowadays there're also ethnic Russian gangsters in the US. In general, the ethnic Russians mostly concentrate on white collar crime such as fraud and scams. The Soviet Jews also are involved in some scamming, but generally they are far more visible and violent being involved in drug and weapon trafficking, burglary, robbery & hijacking and even street crime.
From Israel there are also mainly North African Jewish and Georgian Jewish criminal clans in California. In the USA they are more likely to be involved in the trafficking of ecstasy, but in general they are also involved in all aspects of violent crime.

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: BlackFamily] #698850
02/23/13 06:08 AM
02/23/13 06:08 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
That's not true due to the fact there are still bust here and there with estimates of drugs being in the multi thousands mark. Chicago gangs as an individual groups aren't that fragmented as the media makes them out to be in some cases. By the way, do you have an account on Thehoodup? I seen a similar name.

most of the mobs that started in chicago have become gangs

there are still mobs with some old heads but for the most part it's just micro-gangs that fragmented from a mini-gang that fragmented from a mob

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: abc123] #698869
02/23/13 10:30 AM
02/23/13 10:30 AM
J
JerseyShine Offline
Made Member
JerseyShine  Offline
J
Made Member
EDIT WRONG THREAD

Last edited by JerseyShine; 02/23/13 10:31 AM.
Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: dsbaloo] #698872
02/23/13 10:39 AM
02/23/13 10:39 AM
mott street manhattan
red Offline
redboots
red  Offline
redboots
Made Member
mott street manhattan
Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
in california.. armenians have the best rackets for sure.. just google armenian power... theyre pulling like 50mil medicare scams, along with just about anything else you can think of... those fuckers love money more than anyone ive ever met, theyre hungry.. and surprisingly smart

exactly what is a med scam?

Re: USA, Crime Group' s in2013 not italian OC group's [Re: abc123] #698880
02/23/13 10:58 AM
02/23/13 10:58 AM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
He's right within Russian OC there's a majorly disproportionate amount of Jewish guys, not exactly of the Meyer lansky mold but Russian Jews nonetheless, just much more Russian culturally

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull