GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 729 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,488
Posts1,061,832
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: Ted] #665649
09/10/12 02:47 PM
09/10/12 02:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Okay, 85% is almost 90%. That's what I said tongue grin.

Yeah, state time varies. But in New York, felons generally max out at around 2/3rds on average.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: Scorsese] #665684
09/10/12 05:14 PM
09/10/12 05:14 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Just like Strax said in the shoutbox, there is absolutely zip going on in the world of the Mafia. No busts, arrests, and the trials in Philly aren't until October. Seems to me like the Families are enjoying a small period of smooth running and stability. Overall, it's been a quiet summer in the world of LCN. A little too quiet if you ask me.

I dont know whether you can say its running smoothly. I mean you have to look at the losses in the different areas. With the queens faction of the gambinos you have the corrozos and co in jail along with most of their drug trafficking operation which is either dead or now downsized due to the fact that alot of the crew that was running it is now in jail, Alphonse Trucchio is serving ten years also the people that got taken down with him for that stripper scheme. Daniel Marino and a lot of his people got are doing time and they were doing a whole bunch of stuff from the usual gambling, loan sharking and extortion to drug dealing and sex trafficking, so thats more money thats not coming in.Operation old bridge probably put a hinderance or stop to their activities with the sicilians. Also the fact that a lot of these indictments and arrests have taken place every two years or so between 2005-2011 doesnt help. So thats alot of manpower, money and leadership of different factions and crews taken off the street.

You also have to take into account the guys that got back out on the street during these years. More got out of the can than in. Marino and Vernace are in jail along with Trucchio. But a lot of people from old Bridge are out now. Arnold Squitieri is due out before Christmas along with Sonny Ciccone and Lou Vallerio next year. Plus Marino gets out in 2014. So they lose some but they also gain a lot when guys get released and regain old rackets.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #665686
09/10/12 05:20 PM
09/10/12 05:20 PM
C
Chucky Offline
Wiseguy
Chucky  Offline
C
Wiseguy
There was a pretty big lucchese bust back in '09 that picked up dinapoli, madonna, and desimone...profeta and croce also were picked up in that if I remember right. There was also that younger skipper joe lubrano who got a couple years recently.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: Chucky] #665710
09/10/12 07:20 PM
09/10/12 07:20 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Chucky
There was a pretty big lucchese bust back in '09 that picked up dinapoli, madonna, and desimone...profeta and croce also were picked up in that if I remember right. There was also that younger skipper joe lubrano who got a couple years recently.

Forgot about that. I kind of considered the 2007 and 2009 indictments together since they got the same top 2 guys (Madonna and DiNapoli).

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #665713
09/10/12 07:26 PM
09/10/12 07:26 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Just like Strax said in the shoutbox, there is absolutely zip going on in the world of the Mafia. No busts, arrests, and the trials in Philly aren't until October. Seems to me like the Families are enjoying a small period of smooth running and stability. Overall, it's been a quiet summer in the world of LCN. A little too quiet if you ask me.

I dont know whether you can say its running smoothly. I mean you have to look at the losses in the different areas. With the queens faction of the gambinos you have the corrozos and co in jail along with most of their drug trafficking operation which is either dead or now downsized due to the fact that alot of the crew that was running it is now in jail, Alphonse Trucchio is serving ten years also the people that got taken down with him for that stripper scheme. Daniel Marino and a lot of his people got are doing time and they were doing a whole bunch of stuff from the usual gambling, loan sharking and extortion to drug dealing and sex trafficking, so thats more money thats not coming in.Operation old bridge probably put a hinderance or stop to their activities with the sicilians. Also the fact that a lot of these indictments and arrests have taken place every two years or so between 2005-2011 doesnt help. So thats alot of manpower, money and leadership of different factions and crews taken off the street.

You also have to take into account the guys that got back out on the street during these years. More got out of the can than in. Marino and Vernace are in jail along with Trucchio. But a lot of people from old Bridge are out now. Arnold Squitieri is due out before Christmas along with Sonny Ciccone and Lou Vallerio next year. Plus Marino gets out in 2014. So they lose some but they also gain a lot when guys get released and regain old rackets.

52 of the 60 American mobsters didn't even get 3 years. Heavy hitters like Thomas Cacciopoli, Frank Cali, Domenico Cefalu, Jackie D'Amicoa and Leonard DiMaria all got released. It's just the Corozzo brothers and Charles Carneglia that got hit hard.

That's the new reality of Mafia life. You're considered a stable family if you got more guys coming out of prison than going in.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #665714
09/10/12 07:33 PM
09/10/12 07:33 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
That's why the Gambino's are doing so well. I'll be the first one to admit that the mafia don't wield the power they did 20 years ago. But they're alive and Families like the Lucchese's and Gambino's, who got more coming out than in are operating effectively right now. Genovese Union control took a hit this past spring with Conrad Ianiello, but they could get off light, and that's probably a small fragment of what they actually control.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: Strax] #665761
09/11/12 12:28 AM
09/11/12 12:28 AM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Strax
"Nicholas (Nicky Skins) Stefanelli" he recorded a lot.We will see what will happen,maybe feds working on it.

What's the ruling on Nicky Skins' Testimony? Admissible or no?

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: FrankMazola] #665763
09/11/12 01:00 AM
09/11/12 01:00 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
Originally Posted By: Strax
"Nicholas (Nicky Skins) Stefanelli" he recorded a lot.We will see what will happen,maybe feds working on it.

What's the ruling on Nicky Skins' Testimony? Admissible or no?

Different sources give slightly different answers. It looks like most the tapes will be admissible. I think the only issue is verifying the identities of the people on the tapes. Whoever is wearing the wire usually testify to the identities. Without Skins, the Feds will have to be able to prove the identities some other way. A surveillance photo of the people at the meeting and the date documented would do. I wonder if no first-hand account of the meetings will create doubt in a juries mind? It's guys like Ligambi's only hope.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #665770
09/11/12 06:29 AM
09/11/12 06:29 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss

I dont think when they get out they automatically regain there old rackets. If you look at Marino and his crew that got busted in 2010, they were involved in whole laundry list of activity loan sharking, gambling, extortion, drug trafficking, prostitution. The feds bust up the sex trafficking and drug dealing, theres probably someone baby sitting any gambling or loansharking that wasnt touched by the indictment, also the fact a lot of them werent given bail adds to the time behind bars, they might be able to run things to a certain extent from prison but not as effectively. Dont get me wrong marino still has money and even his position in the family but i doubt hes gonna have a full strength crew thats involved with such a wide variety of crimes, hes gonna have to build things up again.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: Scorsese] #665812
09/11/12 01:39 PM
09/11/12 01:39 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
also the fact a lot of them werent given bail adds to the time behind bars

Makes no difference. Whatever time you spent in jail during your trial counts as time served if you are convicted.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: Ted] #665829
09/11/12 03:49 PM
09/11/12 03:49 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Even if a person is jailed only for 1 or 2 years. Other factions within the family can still be indicted within that time, like weve seen over the past few years. Just because someones released doesnt mean they are gonna have some sort of significant impact on the current situation of the group as a whole. Very rarely is a gang at full strength, it also depends upon the leadership as well which is often made up of regimes and cliques of close associates who are gonna be given preferential treatment by the boss because they benefit him the most directly and then you get the other part of the family that doesnt get as much attention from the boss because there not really in his close group or connected to his regime. Its all about how far the leadership is willing to extend itself and resources to make sure every crew in the family is running up to standard or if they should just give preference to their own activities and those in their own faction.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #665845
09/11/12 07:36 PM
09/11/12 07:36 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Even so the Gambino's aren't short on people in Queens. Marino is in jail, and Vernace is waiting trial, but they got two heavy hitters in Cacciopoli and Paradiso. Apparently "Tommy Sneakers" is the top captain there right now. They got four or five capos each in Brooklyn/Staten Island and Manhattan. Couple that with untouched Bronx and Jersey Crews, with a soon to be released Underboss and Sonny Ciccone, with a Boss who lays low to begin with. That's a solid Family for this day and age.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #665902
09/12/12 11:39 AM
09/12/12 11:39 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's a solid Family for this day and age.

Until the next rat comes along.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #665907
09/12/12 12:30 PM
09/12/12 12:30 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Even so the Gambino's aren't short on people in Queens. Marino is in jail, and Vernace is waiting trial, but they got two heavy hitters in Cacciopoli and Paradiso. Apparently "Tommy Sneakers" is the top captain there right now. They got four or five capos each in Brooklyn/Staten Island and Manhattan. Couple that with untouched Bronx and Jersey Crews, with a soon to be released Underboss and Sonny Ciccone, with a Boss who lays low to begin with. That's a solid Family for this day and age.

Again whos to say any of the people youve mentioned wont be indicted in the next few years, the feds gotta be keeping an eye on new targets now after all these busts. And i dont think cefalu is that low key considering hes been in and out of jail as well and the fact that his boss status has been made public knowledge through the papers and fbi so i dont know why people are saying hes somehow different than the rest of the previous bosses. It seems that the title of boss mostly amounts to collecting the money and just generally babysitting things until either they get indicted or replaced. I think the one recent boss who tried to shake things up a bit within his family as a whole was vinny basciano but hes doing life in colorado and his successors were busted as well.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #665934
09/12/12 05:05 PM
09/12/12 05:05 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
^Cefalu is different from previous Gambino bosses in the sense that he doesn't flaunt himself like the Gotti's, D'Amico, and others. He lives with his mom for God's sake. Whether or not he's just babysitting is irrelevant, he's the boss, they have to listen to him. The mafia breaks its rules all the time, but after Marino and Vernace were indicted, Dom was the only Senior leader left on the street. He was the only choice really.
As for the FBI, they target people all the time. But with the Gambino Family it's simply a revolving door. One guy gets 3 or 4 years while another one waves and gets released. Crews get taken down, but people come up and replace them. That's why they are the solid 2 behind the Genovese Family. I think you are underscoring them slightly.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666033
09/13/12 09:23 AM
09/13/12 09:23 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Question all... with D'Amico out, has anyone heard what his role is going to be? Will he be going back to be a Capo? How was his relationship with Cefalu prior to going to prison?

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666070
09/13/12 03:05 PM
09/13/12 03:05 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
^Cefalu is different from previous Gambino bosses in the sense that he doesn't flaunt himself like the Gotti's, D'Amico, and others. He lives with his mom for God's sake. Whether or not he's just babysitting is irrelevant, he's the boss, they have to listen to him. The mafia breaks its rules all the time, but after Marino and Vernace were indicted, Dom was the only Senior leader left on the street. He was the only choice really.
As for the FBI, they target people all the time. But with the Gambino Family it's simply a revolving door. One guy gets 3 or 4 years while another one waves and gets released. Crews get taken down, but people come up and replace them. That's why they are the solid 2 behind the Genovese Family. I think you are underscoring them slightly.

Besides the gottis how were the bosses after them such as damico flaunting themselves. What difference does it make if he's living with his mother hes still has to conduct business and pop his head up. Just because hes sicilian and the only senior leader on the street doesnt mean hes gonna be different or even significant in the long run. Im not just talking about the gambinos, im talking about all the families and the dynamics of how they operate. Im not underscoring them or anything i just dont believe that they are run as well as the media and some of the authors who have made a living out of selling the la cosa nostra to the public make them out to be. Also i dont think people just get replaced like that, i think that if one crew is busted and the top members of that crew are taken off the street, the members left on the street arent as powerful and have to step into the role and then overtime they might get that recognition, or another stronger crew becomes more prevalent, what you have to understand is that these are criminally minded people, there only looking out for their own interests, if another faction of the family being weak is good for them in any way then there not gonna go out there way to help them. Theres no real unity, just alliances when it suits them, just look at the colombo wars, castalano/gotti situation, even the bonnano wars where they practically told their original boss and namesake to fuck off.

Read this about how the mafia has been exaggerated by the media. http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=6AxEi...eld&f=false

and im not trying to say the mafia is weak or that other groups are stronger, so i dont want to get into that argument on this thread.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666076
09/13/12 03:34 PM
09/13/12 03:34 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Right Click-View Image(Too see it in original size)

Last edited by Strax; 09/13/12 03:35 PM.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666078
09/13/12 03:55 PM
09/13/12 03:55 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Scorcese I think they are better run than most criminal organizations despite the greed and discontent among members. But you're right, it isn't about comparing them to other groups. I think that for crime in this day and age, when the FBI rountinely busts different ethnic groups, the Italian-American Mafia holds its own as well as anyone.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666081
09/13/12 04:16 PM
09/13/12 04:16 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
really if it wasnt for the fact they have been using the same names for their families for ages then really it would just be seen as different entities taking control, like you would say the gotti gang instead of the gambinos, or the basciano crew instead of the bonannos. Its sort of like the drug gangs that move into an area after another gang gets busted. Theres an existing structure but a different hierarchy.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666096
09/13/12 09:02 PM
09/13/12 09:02 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
True. It's more out of respect for the old bosses, or else Gotti would have changed the name as soon as he got the top spot. But you're right about one thing: different crews get powerful at different times. Jimmy Ears crew gets busted for racketeering, but that allows Frankie Numbuts crew to get more rackets and earn the favor of the boss. Six years later, Frankie gets busted, but Vinny Mustard just got released along with most of his crew and starts collecting again. So its a cycle fueled by money. But the members do have to retain a certain 'level' of recognition for the heirarchy that's in place. Otherwise the Five Families wouldn't even exist.

Re: Quiet, but too quiet [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #666098
09/13/12 09:15 PM
09/13/12 09:15 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
At the height of Massino's reign, he spread the word that his family would now be known as the Massino family. You can even see it in some of the old indictments from that time.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull