GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 129 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,964
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rosato Brothers #6624
02/05/04 01:42 PM
02/05/04 01:42 PM
california
Robo Offline OP
Made Member
Robo  Offline OP
Made Member
california
new here.....sorry if i missed this in previous posts. but what happend to the Rosato Brothers in GFII? Roth-gone, Fredo-gone, Rosato Bro's-? thanks

In my home! In my bedroom, where my wife sleeps! Where my children come and play with their toys. In my home.
Re: Rosato Brothers #6625
02/05/04 04:45 PM
02/05/04 04:45 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
At the end of GF2 Michael, Tom, Rocco and Neri have a "progress" meeting. Where Tom says that Roth and the Rosatos are on the run. That's all we know about them. Roth gets killed, Pentangelli kills himself and the Rosatos...we don't really know. If we jump to GF3, we can assume Joey Zasa took care of them, since he took over the Corleone crime family in NY.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Rosato Brothers #6626
02/05/04 05:08 PM
02/05/04 05:08 PM
Spring, TX
Cross De Lena Offline
Made Member
Cross De Lena  Offline
Made Member
Spring, TX
Originally posted by Robo:
new here.....sorry if i missed this in previous posts. but what happend to the Rosato Brothers in GFII? Roth-gone, Fredo-gone, Rosato Bro's-? thanks
If the Pentangeli-Rosato garroting was based on the Gallo-Profaci murder attempt in 1961, we can assume that at least one Rosato died of cancer since Joseph Profaci died of cancer in 1962.

"...And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
- Jules' version of Ezekiel 25:17
Re: Rosato Brothers #6627
02/05/04 08:26 PM
02/05/04 08:26 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Cross De Lena:
we can assume that at least one Rosato died of cancer since Joseph Profaci died of cancer in 1962. [/QB]
A Gallo Brother also died of Cancer. I believe that Larry was his name. However Joe and Albert were left to run things. As for the Rosato Brothers in GF ( yes, loosely based on the Gallo Brothers ) I would think that they were taken care of by Michael when he setteled all family business for a second time in GFII. And as posted above, when we jump to GFIII, Joe Zsa Zsa is running the Rosatos old turf. If you remember the old lady ( Martin Scorcese's real life mom ) stops Vincent on the street and complains to him about ZsaZsa and how he does not protect the people of the neighborhood since he took over, etc. I do know that in real life The Gallo's always were good to the people in thier neighborhoods, and took care of them. SO it is obvious that if the Rosatos were based on Gallo, then Zsa Zsa took over thier turf.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Rosato Brothers #6628
02/06/04 12:05 PM
02/06/04 12:05 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
As mentioned earlier in this thread: the Rosato brothers and Pentangeli are based on the real-life travails of the Gallo brothers and Joe Profaci, one of the original Dons appointed by Salvatore Maranzano after the Castellemmarese War of 1930-31. Check out the parallels in the story (which I italicized):
Around 1960, Frankie (Shots) Abbatemarco opened some gambling in Brooklyn and didn't pay tribute to Profaci, whose territory he was operating in. Profaci engaged a faction in his family, the Gallo brothers (Larry, Crazy Joe and Albert) to whack Shots, and promised them Shots' territories in return. The Gallos arranged Shots' murder, and Profaci welshed. So the Gallos raided Profaci headquarters, kidnapped four high-ranking Profacis (including Joe's brother and his brother in law) and held them hostage. Profaci appealed to the Commission, which held a meeting and ordered the Gallos to release the hostages and Profaci to give them the territories. The Gallos released the hostages, but Profaci welshed again. This time the Gallos went to the mattresses. Eldest brother Larry was lured to a bar on Utica Avenue in Brooklyn for a meeting. It was an ambush. He was garotted in the back of the bar, but escaped death when a cop happened by and broke it up.

The denouement: Profaci died of cancer. His brother in law, Joe Magliocco, took over, became involved in a plot, with Joe Bonanno, to kill Carlo Gambino and Tommy Lucchese, then died of a heart attack. Larry Gallo died of cancer. Crazy Joe went away for almost 10 years on a jukebox extortion rap. In prison, he recruited blacks and hispanics for his gang. Following his release, he got back in the rackets. He's widely believed to have been involved in the shooting of Joe Columbo at an Italian-American Civil Rights League rally in New York in 1971 (although many now believe that Carlo Gambino ordered it, and Gallo had nothing to do with it). Gallo later was gunned down at Umberto's Clam House in NYC (SC posted a picture of it in another thread). I don't know what happened to Albert.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Rosato Brothers #6629
02/06/04 03:17 PM
02/06/04 03:17 PM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
Zasa took over the Corleone Family businesses in N.Y. Not the Family people.

I would assume that the Rosatos managed to avoid Micheal's wrath or they were tracked down and taken out

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull