GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 272 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,961
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,488
Posts1,061,824
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dominick " Remo" Cersani ( Jimmy Burke friend) #637239
02/28/12 11:01 AM
02/28/12 11:01 AM
L
leftfield Offline OP
Associate
leftfield  Offline OP
L
Associate
Here is the thing, I see everywhere this guy was garrotted from the back of the Cadillac by Tommy Desimone using a piano wire.
Its widely documented that he crapped all over himself and in the interior of the cadillac and i've seen a few jokes about it.
Also, how they buried him under the bocce court and used to say " hi remo how ya doing" every time they played. Here is his info. My point is look at the DOB and time of death..compared to when Tommy D was born in 1950. Do people really think he was whacking people at 13? Maybe you guys think " shit not given new poster" thats fine But i've been reading the forum for a while. Ive just seen these dates in a bunch of places and it doesn't add up.

Domenick Rocco Cersani (1893 – 1963) was an Italian-American gangster who served as a caporegime in the Colombo crime family; he was also the mentor of Jimmy Burke. He was involved in forgery, extortion, loansharking, bookmaking, money laundering and hijacking.

Early life

Cersani was born in Lower East Side, Manhattan in Monroe, New York, but later moved to Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. He is described by Henry Hill as the "best friend" of Jimmy Burke. He married a woman named "Marie" in 1930, and remained with her until his death.

Relationship with Jimmy Burke

In September 1949, Burke, who was 18 years old at the time, was arrested for trying to pass $3,000 worth of fraudulent checks in an Ozone Park, Queens bank. He also was a silent partner in several South Ozone Park, Queens garment district factories and Robert's Lounge. In the 1940s Cersani headed a gang of professional counterfeit check cashers in Bensonhurst. He would later move to Ozone Park to be closer to Burke, whom he would work with extensively.
Burke was sentenced to five years in Auburn Correctional Facility for bank forgery after refusing to implicate Cersani. This turned out to be his break into the underworld of New York; his refusal to inform on his accomplices gave him a reputation as a "stand up guy", meaning he would not cooperate with the police and therefore could be trusted. Cersani dubbed him "The Irish Guinea", and arranged for associates in the prison to protect him. Cersani also introduced Burke to to Richard Eaton in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1962. He was a regular habitue of Robert's Lounge and friends with Henry Hill and Thomas DeSimone.

Death

Cersani was arrested with a small load of hijacked goods and, in exchange for a reduced sentence, informed the New York Police Department about a trailer truckload that Burke was putting together. Burke got suspicious when his friend invested only $5,000 into the $200,000 load of merchandise. When Burke was stopped by the police en route to the warehouse for unloading, the fact that Dominick had somehow not invested in that particular shipment raised Burke's paranoid suspicions. Burke became anxious enough to inquire with the corrupt Queens County District Attorney as to the source that led to his subsequent hijacking arrest and indictment. The District Attorney confirmed that Cersani had informed on him. Cersani was dead a week later, garroted by DeSimone.

Fictional portrayals

Cersani himself is not a character in Goodfellas, the film adaptation of Hill's memoir. The manner of his death was later used to portray the grisly murder of Martin Krugman in the aftermath of the 1978 Lufthansa heist, however. After Thomas DeSimone (portrayed by Joe Pesci) garrotes the unsuspected Krugman (Chuck Low), he shoves an ice pick in between the first and second vertabrae of his neck, killing him.

Last edited by leftfield; 02/28/12 11:07 AM.
Re: Dominick " Remo" Cersani ( Jimmy Burke friend) [Re: leftfield] #686387
12/30/12 11:30 PM
12/30/12 11:30 PM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
Wait a minute.im pretty sure in the movie goodfellas he grabs Marty by the hair/head and stabs him in the back of the neck. No garrote

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: Dominick " Remo" Cersani ( Jimmy Burke friend) [Re: leftfield] #686406
12/31/12 02:40 AM
12/31/12 02:40 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
I agree Leftfield, i doubt DeSimone was doing hits at 13. I guess it's possible, but i highly doubt it.

Cersani was hit in 1963 and Desimone was born in 1950, just seems too young, even for a psycho like DeSimone.

Re: Dominick " Remo" Cersani ( Jimmy Burke friend) [Re: leftfield] #686447
12/31/12 10:55 AM
12/31/12 10:55 AM
G
gamms Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
gamms  Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
G
Underboss
no shit,i did time in auburn.real shit hole in the eighties.there was basically no 'oversight' by any one out side your block/unit.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull