GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Toodoped, m2w, Ciment, 1 invisible), 503 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,974
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: Dapper_Don] #628622
01/10/12 05:27 AM
01/10/12 05:27 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Yeah that one pic on your site of her showing her huge lips she looks like drag queen.

I probably should keep any other comments about her to myself lol

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #628644
01/10/12 12:19 PM
01/10/12 12:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Cute story, jvanley. I'm glad you enjoyed our fair city, but I can't say I'm ever gonna visit Kansas tongue grin.

I just want to point out that the Bamontes are as straight as an arrow as a family. They've been in business for like five generations, and they still work twelve hours a day. That takes a tremendous work ethic. Picking up a gun does not.

I used to represent the funeral directors at D'Arienzo Funeral Home, which is just around the corner on Skillman Avenue. Whenever I'd have business there, I'd have lunch at Bamonte's. As a matter of fact, I think I've posted about it in the food threads on this site.

And yes, wiseguys have always frequented the place. But so have cops and politicians. Police Commissioner Ray Kelly eats there twice a week. I've personally seen him there a few times. My point is, you never would have gotten hurt in that place, JV. Never. So now maybe you can sleep tonight lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: jvanley] #628658
01/10/12 01:22 PM
01/10/12 01:22 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: jvanley

Ive never been but as I said her sis lives there, she works at a bar called the night of joy in Brooklyn. As we are leaving (we are with a few other local friends of hers) we are walking down Withner (sp) street I think and this guy says "hey, if you wanna see the mafia go in there" ( he has been with me all of 5 hours and knew I wasnt leaving until I laid eyes on someone acutally connected)

I enjoyed your story, Jvanley.
The neighborhood in and around Withers Street in Brooklyn has always been Bonanno territory. Just around the corner, practcally, at 296 North 8th steet was Joseph Bonanno´s social club, the Abraham Lincoln Independent Political Club.
But of course, this was in the 1930´s and 1940s.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: HairyKnuckles] #628660
01/10/12 01:32 PM
01/10/12 01:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Today Williamsburg is very artsy and full of hipsters, writers and foodies. They've "gentrified" it to the point of being very expensive to live in, by New York City outer borough standards. It's getting comparable to Manhattan in price.

There hasn't been a large Italian population there in quite some time, but there are still a few pockets. The Hasidic Jews have also called Williamsburg home for quite some time.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: pizzaboy] #628661
01/10/12 01:37 PM
01/10/12 01:37 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Today Williamsburg is very artsy and full of hipsters, writers and foodies. They've "gentrified" it to the point of being very expensive to live in, by New York City outer borough standards. It's getting comparable to Manhattan in price.

There hasn't been a large Italian population there in quite some time, but there are still a few pockets. The Hasidic Jews have also called Williamsburg home for quite some time.

Yeah. Would you say that the Williamsburg section today is like SoHo in the 1960s and 1970s?

[Linked Image]
Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: HairyKnuckles] #628665
01/10/12 01:43 PM
01/10/12 01:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Would you say that the Williamsburg section today is like SoHo in the 1960s and 1970s?

That's exactly what it reminds me of. And I have to tell you, as a New Yorker for over fifty years, it really bugs me that people can't afford to live in the neighborhoods they grew up in because some yutz writer from Oklahoma or Ohio made good. I know that's not politically correct, but that's how every lifelong New Yorker feels. You watch, they're gonna do it to Harlem next. And where are those poor people going to go?

And Soho today has become so expensive that unless you're wealthy---yes wealthy---you just can't live there. A 400 square foot studio apartment in a Soho will run you two grand a month American dollars. Easily.

Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: pizzaboy] #628668
01/10/12 01:52 PM
01/10/12 01:52 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Would you say that the Williamsburg section today is like SoHo in the 1960s and 1970s?

That's exactly what it reminds me of. And I have to tell you, as a New Yorker for over fifty years, it really bugs me that people can't afford to live in the neighborhoods they grew up in because some yutz writer from Oklahoma or Ohio made good. I know that's not politically correct, but that's how every lifelong New Yorker feels. You watch, they're gonna do it to Harlem next. And where are those poor people going to go?

And Soho today has become so expensive that unless you're wealthy---yes wealthy---you just can't live there. A 400 square foot studio apartment in a Soho will run you two grand a month American dollars. Easily.

Sad.
But maybe you should buy some property in Harlem as soon as the yuppies starts comming...

[Linked Image]
Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: HairyKnuckles] #628681
01/10/12 02:23 PM
01/10/12 02:23 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA

Joseph Bonanno´s social club, the Abraham Lincoln Independent Political Club.

That's gotta be the best damn name I've ever heard for a wiseguy hang out

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: HairyKnuckles] #628686
01/10/12 02:44 PM
01/10/12 02:44 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Sad.
But maybe you should buy some property in Harlem as soon as the yuppies starts comming...

kin of too late its been happening to Harlem the last like 5 years(slowed because of financial crisis) but you see the hipsters moving in and the high rents as well

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: jvanley] #628906
01/11/12 03:52 PM
01/11/12 03:52 PM
J
jvanley Offline OP
Made Member
jvanley  Offline OP
J
Made Member
Thanks for the compliments guys and no need to apologize about derailing the thread. Hell, any thread making fun of Big Ange is just as good as any story I could ever tell.

I have been reading quite a bit about Bamonte's since my "encounter" if you will. I noticed that the scene from the Sopranos where Gerry gets whacked with Sil looks an awful lot like the exact back room I was in and maybe even the same table they were sitting at- no kidding.

Does anyone know if this scene was filed in the back dining area there? Honestly, I was to shitfaced to remember exactly what it looked like. All I can remember is the name of the joint and the 5 guys playing rummy at the table.

Oh and of course the raping me and my GF almost got by big ange...

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left
Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: jvanley] #628974
01/11/12 09:42 PM
01/11/12 09:42 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
pizzaboy - how is the food at bamontes? is it worth making a trip from the city down there for?

Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: tt120] #629037
01/12/12 01:06 PM
01/12/12 01:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: tt120
pizzaboy - how is the food at bamontes? is it worth making a trip from the city down there for?

I think the food is great, TT. But the menu IS a bit dated. It's the food we grew up on as Italian Americans in the '60s and '70s: Everything from stuffed artichokes to tripe to 'scarola and beans. Plus all the usual old school Italian American dishes. It's very comparable to places in the Bronx like Dominick's or Frankie and Johnnie's, or the old Andy's Colonial in East Harlem (no longer there).

So if you're one of those eclectic, hipster, "foodie" types, with the shaved head like Moby and the Tina Fey glasses, you'll be more apt to criticize the place for it's outdated menu (which is really ironic, considering that those very same people have recently invaded East Williamsburg). But if you're an unpretentious Italian American guy who grew up in one of the Five Boroughs---and I suspect that you are---you'll love it smile.

Re: Bamontes- Brooklyn, New York this New years eve... [Re: pizzaboy] #629210
01/12/12 11:57 PM
01/12/12 11:57 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Thanks! That's the stuff I like and the stuff I grew up on too. I'm a NY'er but not Italian (100% Irish) but got tons of married-in Italian relatives and been around 'em my whole life. I definitely prefer the checkered table cloth, real establishment type joints, over some flash in the pan trend restaurant.

Honestly though I think some of the places upstate in Utica, Syracuse and Rochester that I've been to give a lotta places down here a serious serious run for their money.

Speaking of East Harlem have you ever been to Piatto D'Oro? It's on 109th and 1st. That place is great you should check it out sometime

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull