GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 306 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,933
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,625
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,471
Posts1,061,536
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Yesterday at 03:58 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Putting Out Feelers #626553
12/25/11 09:51 PM
12/25/11 09:51 PM
B
BadLookingSal Offline OP
Wiseguy
BadLookingSal  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
This is something I've always wondered about and have never seen discussed. Say a guy goes to the commission/boss to seek permission to murder whomever. What stops that commission member/boss from going to the target (maybe they are friends) and giving him the information to do what he sees fit? How come the other bosses didn't warn Castellano when Gotti put out feelers to hit him? Has putting out feelers ever turned around and bit the guy on the backside?

Happy Holidays

Sincerely, Sally
Re: Putting Out Feelers [Re: BadLookingSal] #626555
12/25/11 10:18 PM
12/25/11 10:18 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Gotti had his guys approach the "up and comers" in the other families. For the Luccheses, the actual boss (Corallo) wasn't approached, by Amuso and Casso. For the Colombos, it wasn't Persico but Langella (the underboss). For the Bonannos, I was always under the impression that Massino gave the OK, although he later said he never would have approved it. The Genovese family wasn't approached for precisely the reason you mention above - they were close to Castellano and would have warned him.

You do bring up a good question. It is a gamble. I guess the most famous example is when Bonanno and Magliocco were plotting against some of the other NY bosses. And, of course, Colombo double-crossed them and warned Gambino and Lucchese.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Putting Out Feelers [Re: IvyLeague] #626558
12/25/11 11:07 PM
12/25/11 11:07 PM
B
BadLookingSal Offline OP
Wiseguy
BadLookingSal  Offline OP
B
Wiseguy
I see, on documentarties they always are vague about just who Gotti tested the waters with. So he was real shrewd about it- of course he nearly paid for that had he gotten in that car instead of his 1st underboss. I didn't know about Bonanno & Magliocco off the top of my head. Thanks for the information.

Sincerely, Sally
Re: Putting Out Feelers [Re: BadLookingSal] #627098
12/30/11 04:46 PM
12/30/11 04:46 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
Colombo - Gerry Lang, Bonanno - Joe Massino, Lucchese - Vic and Gas (Tony Ducks was not approached, and allegedly hated john gotti) and of course the Chin was not asked or he would have warned Paul and there would have been a war (gotti and his supporters would have almost certainly been killed if word had got out) and the other families who supported/knew of this plot would have certainly denied this, It's a slippery slope and Gotti even though he was NOT very lucky gambling - he definitely was very lucky that this turned out how he wanted - and also was very very lucky when Frankie Decicco was blown up that he wasn't in the car too...

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo
Re: Putting Out Feelers [Re: IvyLeague] #627099
12/30/11 04:48 PM
12/30/11 04:48 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Gotti had his guys approach the "up and comers" in the other families. For the Luccheses, the actual boss (Corallo) wasn't approached, by Amuso and Casso. For the Colombos, it wasn't Persico but Langella (the underboss). For the Bonannos, I was always under the impression that Massino gave the OK, although he later said he never would have approved it. The Genovese family wasn't approached for precisely the reason you mention above - they were close to Castellano and would have warned him.

You do bring up a good question. It is a gamble. I guess the most famous example is when Bonanno and Magliocco were plotting against some of the other NY bosses. And, of course, Colombo double-crossed them and warned Gambino and Lucchese.

lol I just said basically what you had already said.. rolleyes sorry friend

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo
Re: Putting Out Feelers [Re: BadLookingSal] #627139
12/30/11 08:34 PM
12/30/11 08:34 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
I remember when Massino reached out to the Commission saying he had info on those three Bonanno Capo's arming themselves ready to revolt against Rastelli, The Snake told him to do everything you need to take care of the insurrection (not surprised) and then they were wiped out.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Putting Out Feelers [Re: Dapper_Don] #627543
01/02/12 06:32 PM
01/02/12 06:32 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
I know I ain't in the mob and never could be... (I ain't Italian, and neither is my family)I think Westie is more like it lol... but if I was a capo and I knew I was being called to a meeting that I thought I would be killed at I would strike at who I could first ... I know they gotta go and w/e but Indelicato, Giaccone and Trinchera knew what was coming and Philly Lucky apparently got a call through is nephew that said "Tell Philly not to go to the meeting" and hung up .... but the three of them still went

Re: Putting Out Feelers [Re: BadLookingSal] #627553
01/02/12 07:17 PM
01/02/12 07:17 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
If your gonna shoot ..Shoot..Don't Talk - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Putting Out Feelers [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #627635
01/03/12 06:01 AM
01/03/12 06:01 AM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
good advice

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull