GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 736 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,959
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,488
Posts1,061,821
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The X-Factor (US) #620686
11/18/11 02:45 PM
11/18/11 02:45 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Anyone been watching this? I've been too lazy to write weekly reviews like with American Idol, but it's coming down to it. A lot of great talent this first year!

While I find the big live audience a nice touch each week, they are WAY TOO LOUD! So is the music most of the time, and the back-up singers are just too much. And the productions for each performance are borderline distracting. Let the contestants sing for chrissakes!

--

I like all 3 of Simon's Girls. Melanie has a great voice, and the young Rachel is cute as a button. Drew's voice is unique and not-so-unique. She's good at her genre, I just don't prefer it.

Poor Paula, 2 of her top 3 Groups were the first to go. And the last one (Lakoda Rayne) should've gone before The Stereo Hogzz. I really dislike Lakoda Rayne, they're the weakest of all contestants left, but I was afraid Paula would be devastated if all 3 of her acts were the first to go lol.

Nicole's Over 30's are really good. Even Stacy who left this week, altho she was a bit annoying at times. Josh and LeRoy are fantastic, but always seem to sound the same. And Josh really needs a makeover!

LA Reid's Boys are pretty good as well. Chris Rene is probably the weakest of the Top 3. Astro (the 15-year-old rapper) is probably the best talent of all -- but for the first time this week he showed an immature attitude when he was announced being in the Bottom 2. He survived, thankfully, but he needs a 'tude adjustment and quick.

All in all, the show's okay -- I watch them all, and will continue to. I wonder how Idol will respond to the big productions the X-Factor does each week -- I hope they don't start doing the same thing.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #620712
11/18/11 05:21 PM
11/18/11 05:21 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
the x factor is a lot more than singing geoff. you should check out the british version of this, and see how their production goes.

but, yea i really enjoy this show and my favorite is astro (even with a bad attitude) just because he is talented and can write his own stuff.

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: BAM_233] #620818
11/19/11 07:43 AM
11/19/11 07:43 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
The British show which has had top ratings over here for years has finally slumped this year, which might have something to do with the fact that Mr. Cowell has debunked off to US. Everybody wants to watch Mr. Nasty.

Personally i would rather stick red hot pokers in me eyes....a bit extreme perhaps but you catch my drift? wink

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #621296
11/23/11 02:22 PM
11/23/11 02:22 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

"Giving Thanks" week was full of choked-back tears. That might influence the voting over the actual performances.

Everyone did pretty well last night, but I still think Paula's last group, Lakoda Rayne, needs to go. The "Let It Be" part of Chris Rene's performance was horrible, but he redeemed himself in part with his original song. And while I love Astro and his talent (he's better than Rene), I'm not sure if his "thankful" original rap to his fans (and X-Factor) will be enough to keep him out of the Bottom 2 again.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #621342
11/24/11 01:18 AM
11/24/11 01:18 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I'm still not sure why 2 were eliminated this week, but Lakoda Rayne was finally let go almost immediately with no chance for a comeback (why?). The Bottom 2 were the great LeRoy Bell and Marcus Canty... Marcus is still in... Good luck, LeRoy!!

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #621366
11/24/11 01:58 PM
11/24/11 01:58 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
i wonder why they eliminated two this week as well. but, at least the two that went this week was the weakest of the week. chris will be gone, and drew might be on her way out as well.

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #622642
12/02/11 02:16 PM
12/02/11 02:16 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Top 7 to Top 5

Michael Jackson Week was a little disappointing overall, I thought. No one except Melanie Amaro stood out, and she just might (should) win this competition.

Astro (15), who probably did second best, did his thing. I guess America was tired of his rapping (he doesn't sing), and he left immediately. This time he took it like a man, which was good to see.

Drew (14), in the Bottom 3, didn't -- she was teary even before she knew she had to sing for her life. The night before she sang "Billie Jean" (a-la Chris Cornell / David Cook) and it backfired -- unlike the other energetic contestants, Simon Cowell had her sit alone on a chair the entire time. The song never kicked-in, and she never stood up. I was wondering WTF...

Rachel Crow, Josh Krajcik, and Marcus Canty did okay, but no where near their best. Chris Rene is the worst singer in the competition (and not the best rapper even), but people love his story (recovering addict) so he was safe.

After Astro was eliminated, Drew and Marcus were the Bottom 2. While Marcus is quite lovable himself, he wasn't better than Drew. LA Reid and Simon of course voted for their own mentees, and both Nicole and Paula voted Drew out, enraging Simon. And much of America.

Last week Simon tied it up so America's vote would decide. Paula did not do that, and sent the already sobbing Drew into a near stage collapse. I'm not sure what Paula was thinking. In any event, at 14, I think Drew -- altho very talented -- is not ready for the pressures and letdowns of being a recording artist. Not yet, anyway.

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #622647
12/02/11 02:27 PM
12/02/11 02:27 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Top 7 to Top 5

Michael Jackson Week was a little disappointing overall, I thought. No one except Melanie Amaro stood out, and she just might (should) win this competition.

Astro (15), who probably did second best, did his thing. I guess America was tired of his rapping (he doesn't sing), and he left immediately. This time he took it like a man, which was good to see.

Drew (14), in the Bottom 3, didn't -- she was teary even before she knew she had to sing for her life. The night before she sang "Billie Jean" (a-la Chris Cornell / David Cook) and it backfired -- unlike the other energetic contestants, Simon Cowell had her sit alone on a chair the entire time. The song never kicked-in, and she never stood up. I was wondering WTF...

Rachel Crow, Josh Krajcik, and Marcus Canty did okay, but no where near their best. Chris Rene is the worst singer in the competition (and not the best rapper even), but people love his story (recovering addict) so he was safe.

After Astro was eliminated, Drew and Marcus were the Bottom 2. While Marcus is quite lovable himself, he wasn't better than Drew. LA Reid and Simon of course voted for their own mentees, and both Nicole and Paula voted Drew out, enraging Simon. And much of America.

Last week Simon tied it up so America's vote would decide. Paula did not do that, and sent the already sobbing Drew into a near stage collapse. I'm not sure what Paula was thinking. In any event, at 14, I think Drew -- altho very talented -- is not ready for the pressures and letdowns of being a recording artist. Not yet, anyway.

i really hope im wrong here, but it looked like nicole and paula eliminated drew just to stick it to simon. and, yea chris should not be in the top 5...butchered a great beatles song last week and did the same to a great michael jackson song.

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #626031
12/22/11 02:07 AM
12/22/11 02:07 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Okay, so Thursday is the finale...

Cowell backs Amaro to win 'The X Factor'
Quote:
By DERRIK J. LANG | AP – 2 hrs 20 mins ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — "The X Factor" judges didn't want to stop listening to Melanie Amaro.

The powerful 19-year-old vocalist from Sunrise, Fla., wowed the Fox talent competition's panel with her soaring rendition of Beyonce's "Listen" during Wednesday's final performance round, prompting head judge Simon Cowell to declare that Amaro should win the show's grand prize: a $5 million recording contract and a starring role in a Pepsi commercial.

"That wasn't a $5 million performance," declared judge L.A. Reid. "That was a $50 million performance."

The panel also poured praise on the other two finalists: soulful 30-year-old single father Josh Krajcik of Wooster, Ohio, and 28-year-old singer-rapper Chris Rene of Santa Cruz, Calif. Krajcik accompanied himself on guitar for his final performance of "At Last," while Rene delivered his original tune "Young Homie" with a group of dancers and singers.

"You make everyone fall in love with you," judge Paula Abdul told Rene.

Before the final showdown, each singer awkwardly dueted with established artists. Krajcik was joined by Alanis Morissette on "Uninvited," Rene teamed up with Avril Lavigne for "Complicated," and Amaro partnered with R. Kelly on "I Believe I Can Fly," which marked the first time that the R&B star performed his motivational anthem with another singer.

The winner, which will be decided by viewer votes, will be announced on Thursday's show.

The contest thus far hasn't achieved the same success as "American Idol," which Cowell left last year to import "X Factor" from the U.K. to the U.S. Last Wednesday's performance episode drew 10.79 million viewers, less than half of the average "Idol" audience.

Unlike "Idol," the competition is open to solo singers and groups and has a lower minimum age of 12 and no upper age limit. The judges also serve as mentors: Cowell represented female vocalists, including Amaro; Reid headed male singers, including Rene; Nicole Scherzinger was in charge of over-30 singers, including Krajcik; and Abdul helmed the groups.
___
Fox is owned by News Corp.
___
AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang .
___
Online:
http://www.thexfactorusa.com/

While I like Chris Rene as a person, and his story of recovery and all, I just don't think he's that strong of a singer. Almost cringe-worthy at times, actually. But he's infectious, and people adore him.

I always liked Josh Krajcik (who never did get a make-over). His voice is pure, he's talented, but not all that unique. He deserved Top 3, however.

Melanie Amaro isn't all that unique, either, but her voice is incredibly strong. She can soar with any diva. But she doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

While Amaro is your typical "winner" type, I don't know if she has a big enough fanbase like Rene does. Or Krajcik, for that matter. Rene might win simply because he's unique -- and I can see him putting out records, albeit (and for once: hopefully) with Auto-Tune.

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #626291
12/23/11 07:01 PM
12/23/11 07:01 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I suppose Amaro did have a big enough fanbase -- congrats to her! Chris was the first of the three to go, and while popular and likable, I think that was the correct result.

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #626493
12/25/11 07:37 AM
12/25/11 07:37 AM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline
Underboss
Fame  Offline
Underboss
Top o' the World
There are people who watch reality shows from start to finish.
There are people who don't watch at all.
And there are people who only watch the finals. (my group)

So anyway, from what I saw I was most impressed by Josh. He's the only one who interests me. Chris Rene seems like a great guy, but I was bored to death with his singing.

And Amaro's got a good voice, but that's about it. She picked some emotional songs, but sadly I felt no emotion in her voice. Maybe she was more impressive in past shows, but she was just technical and wing-less in this final. (despite singing "I believe I can fly")

Based on this finale alone, she was not even half as good as Josh.

The best part was Leona Lewis singing "Run". Now THAT was powerful and emotional. Amaro's got a lot of work to do.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #628741
01/10/12 05:04 PM
01/10/12 05:04 PM
K
kamon10 Offline
Associate
kamon10  Offline
K
Associate
Dear All,

I'm sorry to disturb your conversation but I would like to ask for your help for a few minutes. I'm working on my master thesis at the moment and within its frames I would like to study what fans think about the different talent contest TV shows, such as The Voice, American Idol, The X Factor, America's Got Talent...etc. I've made a short survey in this topic and I would be really grateful if you could help me with filling it in.

You can find the survey here: http://kwiksurveys.com?u=talent_contests_usa

Thank you very much for your help in advance!
Have a nice day! Posted Image
Katie

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #632652
02/01/12 12:37 PM
02/01/12 12:37 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Woweee....!

Five Reasons for The X Factor Teardown
Quote:
Tue., Jan. 31, 2012 2:30 PM PST by Joal Ryan

The body count on the Moldavian massacre wasn't this high, nor the motive as murky.

Why exactly have Steve Jones, Nicole Scherzinger and, most surprising, Paula Abdul all been exed out of The X Factor? A rundown of the five leading scenarios:

1. It Was the Ratings, Stupid: Fox didn't just promise X Factor sponsors good numbers, which is what the Top 25 show delivered, it promised sponsors great numbers. When The X Factor fell short of its American Idol-sized goal, the network was forced to cut ad rates, and offer make-good spots, the Wall Street Journal reported last October.

2. It Was Simon Cowell's High Standards, Obviously: Guess who made The X Factor's goals so high? Guess who was on record as saying the series would be a "disappointment" if it didn't reach an Idol-esque 20 million viewers? Guess who was firing people (well, Cheryl Cole) before the show even premiered?

3. It Was the Chemistry, or Lack Thereof, Clearly: Jones, who never seemed a fan favorite, and was rumored to have been fired last month, could step on big moments, as with the dramatic elimination of Drew Ryniewicz. Scherzinger, as season-one hopeful Stacy Francis told our Marc Malkin, "didn't have her head in the game." Abdul, who got high points from Francis, for what it's worth, was Abdul in the best way possible, so her departure could be Cowell's way of telling the audience he'll do anything--anything--to make a TV show a must-see event.

4. It Was Much Too Much, Arguably: Critics piled on The X Factor's mammoth production for a "phoniness that permeates every aspect of the show" (USA Today), and a set-up that obsured the very talent it was supposed to spotlight. ("A few weeks ago, Rachel Crow had 25 backup singers with her on stage," the Detroit News observed in October, "moments later, Melanie Amaro had 26.") A housecleaning is one way to downsize; as of now, only Cowell and L.A. Reid remain at the judges' table.

5. It Didn't Produce "A Moment Like This," Shockingly: More than TV ratings, Cowell judged Idol's success by the stars and hits it created. So, it must've grated to know that The Voice proved itself capable of launching a monster song, "Moves Like Jagger," albeit for judges Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera, and not one of its contestants, or to see Blake Shelton (another Voice judge) and Idol alum Kelly Clarkson all over the singles charts, while The X Factor has been a non-factor. True, first-season winner Melanie Amaro is getting the big push Sunday, when she'll be seen in a Super Bowl Pepsi spot with Elton John, but judging by his actions, Cowell's not content to wait around and see if something pops.

MORE: X Factor Fallout—Simon, Paula and Nicole Sound Off

Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #632666
02/01/12 02:32 PM
02/01/12 02:32 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
My problem with the show is that it became a competition between the judges more than between the contestants. They should rotate the contestants or something so they don't become protected parcels. It got to the point where LA wouldn't say anything good about any of Simon's folks and vice-versa. Young Rachel gives a fantastic performance and LA would refuse to even say that it was good.

Nicole refusing to decide between Rachel and her guy was awful - glad she is gone.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: The X-Factor (US) [Re: J Geoff] #634680
02/13/12 03:32 AM
02/13/12 03:32 AM
P
powerwilliams1 Offline
Spammer
powerwilliams1  Offline
Spammer
P
Associate
I love this show very much because we can see unbelievable Talents and Stunts in this show. Mostly I Watch this show with my family. It's a great entertained TV program.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull