GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Captbony1999, Ben54, 1 invisible), 664 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,439
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,432
Posts1,060,858
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
now that vincent took took the title.... #38823
05/06/06 06:09 PM
05/06/06 06:09 PM
Puzo Offline OP
Wiseguy
Puzo  Offline OP
Wiseguy
this question flashed in my mind after i watched partIII this weekend..
what's gonna happen to the family after vincent took over? would he follow the same path that his uncle took? or would he make his own way? and what that way would be like?

Puzo wink

in my house..IN MY HOUSE..IN MY BEDROOM! WHERE MY WIFE SLEEPS,where my children comes to play with thier toys..
Re: now that vincent took took the title.... #38824
05/06/06 06:15 PM
05/06/06 06:15 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Well if the ending of GFIII is any indication, Vincent did not take the Corleone Family very far. It probbly got eaten up by rival Families, as was intended to happen to Michael at the end of GF.

And while Vincent may have had Vito's 'strength'...he apparently did not posess Michael's 'head for big deals'.

It's over.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: now that vincent took took the title.... #38825
05/06/06 06:19 PM
05/06/06 06:19 PM
Puzo Offline OP
Wiseguy
Puzo  Offline OP
Wiseguy
interesting!..any other opinions?

in my house..IN MY HOUSE..IN MY BEDROOM! WHERE MY WIFE SLEEPS,where my children comes to play with thier toys..
Re: now that vincent took took the title.... #38826
05/06/06 08:10 PM
05/06/06 08:10 PM
London
The Hollywood Finochio Offline
The Don
The Hollywood Finochio  Offline
The Don
Underboss
London
I think Vincent would have done ok. The death of Michael would have affected him and he would try to be a man like him

Or is that bullshit?

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: now that vincent took took the title.... #38827
05/06/06 10:01 PM
05/06/06 10:01 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
As I said in another Vincent thread near this one: Michael probably offered Vincent the Donship to substitute his lust for power for his lust for Mary. Vincent would have taken over whatever was left of the "illegitimate" Corleone business that Michael wouldn't be interested in once he got Immobiliare, leaving Michael totally legit. What would Vincent have gotten? Probably very little at that point. He might have taken over Zasa's former empire with Zasa and The Ant gone, and Altobello assassinated. I bet Michael would have retained Neri.
An interesting question: Had Vincent become Mr. Big in NYC Mafia, would he eventually have clashed with Michael? Probably not, because, as Apple said, he didn't have Michael's head for the big deals. But power is an end unto itself. Who knows?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: now that vincent took took the title.... #38828
05/08/06 10:05 AM
05/08/06 10:05 AM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
After III, Michael is done with anything that came before. He is not involved with any aspect of the business, be it legit or not.

Whatever is left of the Corleone family, Vincent is in control of it, but I'm not sure what he would do with it. My guess is that he would take on a lot of things that Sonny would have wanted, like drugs, which would eventually be his downfall.

Re: now that vincent took took the title.... #38829
05/08/06 10:39 AM
05/08/06 10:39 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Turnbull:
... Had Vincent become Mr. Big in NYC Mafia, would he eventually have clashed with Michael? Probably not, because, as Apple said, he didn't have Michael's head for the big deals. But power is an end unto itself. Who knows?
Since he was after all Santino's son and (according to Auntie Connie) posessed Vito's 'strength' but lacked Michael's 'head for big deals'...he would most likely have eventually met a similar fate to that of his father.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: now that vincent took took the title.... #38830
05/08/06 02:51 PM
05/08/06 02:51 PM
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Montauk Offline
Made Member
Montauk  Offline
Made Member
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
[b] ... Had Vincent become Mr. Big in NYC Mafia, would he eventually have clashed with Michael? Probably not, because, as Apple said, he didn't have Michael's head for the big deals. But power is an end unto itself. Who knows?
Since he was after all Santino's son and (according to Auntie Connie) posessed Vito's 'strength' but lacked Michael's 'head for big deals'...he would most likely have eventually met a similar fate to that of his father.

Apple [/b]
He may have had his father's famous temper (you know it toured in 5 countries) but let's not forget that Michael schooled him on quite a lot; most importantly, how to channel that anger.

But THE MOST IMPORTANT lesson Vincent learned under Michael's guidance is that all pezzonovanti are ultimately scumbags who are not as protected as they may think. Heck, Michael learned this long ago when the prevailing wisdom was that "You can't kill a New York City Police Captain." As long as you're willing and able to weather whatever shitstorm rains down afterward, you'll be alright.

Montauk

We might be able to tape the gun behind it.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull