GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 762 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,610
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,465
Posts1,061,361
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carlo #38198
04/23/06 07:50 PM
04/23/06 07:50 PM
Erie. PA
Genco Abbandando Offline OP
Wiseguy
Genco Abbandando  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Erie. PA
When he and Connie got married - Vito was specific not to let Carlo into "the family business". He was "to be given a living" but nothing more than that.

Yet Michael wants to make Carlo his "right hand man" in Vegas, and then ends up having Carlo killed after the heads of the five families were killed.

I guess i am confused. Did Vito see something in Carlo that Michael didn't see, until the end, or was Michael using Carlo to smoke out someone else?

Re: Carlo #38199
04/23/06 08:00 PM
04/23/06 08:00 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Michael's giving Carlo a more important position was all part of the plan to lull the other Families into believing a weakened Corleone Family was keeping the peace. This also gave Carlo a false sense of security, believing he finally had a prominent place within the Family and was free from blame of Sonny's death.

I believe the announcement Michael made was for Carlo to be his 'right-hand' man once the move was made to Vegas. As you can see, Carlo never made it to Vegas.

Connie was absolutely correct when she hysterically proclaimed that Michael knew all along he was going to kill Carlo.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Carlo #38200
04/23/06 08:04 PM
04/23/06 08:04 PM
Erie. PA
Genco Abbandando Offline OP
Wiseguy
Genco Abbandando  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Erie. PA
Thank you - great answer. Clears things up a lot.

Re: Carlo #38201
04/24/06 05:10 PM
04/24/06 05:10 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Michael's giving Carlo a more important position was all part of the plan to lull the other Families into believing a weakened Corleone Family was keeping the peace. This also gave Carlo a false sense of security, believing he finally had a prominent place within the Family and was free from blame of Sonny's death.

I believe the announcement Michael made was for Carlo to be his 'right-hand' man once the move was made to Vegas. As you can see, Carlo never made it to Vegas.

Connie was absolutely correct when she hysterically proclaimed that Michael knew all along he was going to kill Carlo.

Apple
You are 100% correct, Apple, but I think there was a terrible consequence to this, namely the betrayal of Tessio.
When he saw what Michael was doing I think he concluded the family would go nowhere after Vito died, and by moving Hagen out, and thus having only Vito as a consigliere, and relying on Carlo to set things up in Vagas, he rightfully thought the family was on the skids. Remember...it was the smart thing to do, and Tessio was always smarter.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Carlo #38202
04/24/06 05:39 PM
04/24/06 05:39 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
So in effect, they were setting at trap for Tessio as well.

Michael stated several times in that meeting that they were to be patient, that there were things he couldn't share right now, that they could form their own Families "..AFTER the move to Nevada...". Michael & Vito knew that someone in that room was not going to be able have faith & stay true to their Don. It was the nature of the business they were in.

All they had to do was wait & see who would turn traitor out of imagined necessity.

Kewl.

cool

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Carlo #38203
05/01/06 09:48 PM
05/01/06 09:48 PM
London
The Hollywood Finochio Offline
The Don
The Hollywood Finochio  Offline
The Don
Underboss
London
But Michael FORCED one of them to play their hand. Tessio was even honest enough to say he would fall under Barzini sooner or later. In front of the don!! Michael was being unreasonable and patronizing to both caporegimes who were unstandably upset and desperate. Clemenza is lucky that Barzini approached the smarter of the two, but Tessio knew he couldn't resist Barzini once he 'made him an offer he couldn't refuse'

This was probably Mike's desire to get rid of a capo, in order to install Rocco's secret regime.

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: Carlo #38204
05/01/06 10:30 PM
05/01/06 10:30 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Originally posted by The Hollywood Finochio:

This was probably Mike's desire to get rid of a capo, in order to install Rocco's secret regime.
In the book, at least, Al Neri takes over Tessio's regime, for the duration of the war.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Carlo #38205
05/01/06 10:46 PM
05/01/06 10:46 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Are you referring to 'The Godfather Returns'?

Nothing in that piece of garbage counts with reference to the movies.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull