GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 566 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,789
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,347
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,561
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ten Dirtiest Foods #605945
06/21/11 07:09 PM
06/21/11 07:09 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Watch what you eat

There's a reason not to eat eggs.. lol

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #605960
06/21/11 11:14 PM
06/21/11 11:14 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Thanks, Lilo. I can't wait to have some eggs tomorrow morning, turkey burgers for lunch, and a nice chicken dinner. panic

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #605979
06/22/11 07:27 AM
06/22/11 07:27 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Thanks, Lilo. I can't wait to have some eggs tomorrow morning, turkey burgers for lunch, and a nice chicken dinner. panic

Just continuing my one man crusade for Truth, Justice and No consumption of eggs... tongue

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #606007
06/22/11 01:30 PM
06/22/11 01:30 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
I couldn't read the whole article and all the links because the page made my ComputerSaurus freeze up. I think I'll have to go to my local public library if I want to see everything.

However...

I did get to read the opening page, and when I read that statement about "everyone is going to get sick in the coming year" (slight paraphrasing here) I thought, "What a bunch of garbage! How the hell can he make that ridiculous assumption?" It's one thing to be (rightly) concerned about food safety, but quite another thing to make such a blanket statement. But, unfortunately, that's what's happened to "journalism" in both print and television - screw the facts, let's just get everyone scared first. That'll get their attention!

I know what it's like to have food poisoning - I had a tainted meatball hero sandwich back in 1978 and it laid me out for three days. I also had some bad Alka-Seltzer (!) in the early 1980's but it was nowhere near as severe as the ealier incident. But, definitely memorable - and when someone starts saying that I am sick from bad food but I just don't know it... well, right then and there you've lost me. Period. That is, unless you'd like to go crawling around in my intestines, in which case you are welcome to do so and I will eagerly await your report on what you find.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #606070
06/23/11 02:24 AM
06/23/11 02:24 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Scary reading -- but IMHO a bit over-reactionary.

As far as I remember, I've gotten severe food poisoning just once in my life. Table of 4 in DC, 4 lobster dinners, one smelled odd, my 1-in-4 chance was the "winner". I didn't play the lottery that day; I was too busy in the bathroom -- and missed the entire event I drove down to DC to attend to begin with. ohwell

Anyway, interesting (and scary-sounding) stuff. But maybe I have a pretty iron stomach, but I never encountered any of those issues. But I won't dismiss the precautions mentioned -- much of it is just common sense -- many people (including those you might be cooking for) are more susceptible to such illnesses....

But it's STILL a bit extreme. Human race has been eating these things for 1000s of years w/o killing off half the population. (Yes, granted, pesticides, etc - so no pests in my tummy, right? ;))

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: J Geoff] #606076
06/23/11 06:59 AM
06/23/11 06:59 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

But it's STILL a bit extreme. Human race has been eating these things for 1000s of years w/o killing off half the population. (Yes, granted, pesticides, etc - so no pests in my tummy, right? ;))

Well if you say so Godfather... lol

Nine Parasites You Don't Want Along For The Ride

Winter is Coming

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #606114
06/23/11 01:47 PM
06/23/11 01:47 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Sorta reminds me of the story about the fella who read so many articles about all the harmful things in our foods...

...that he gave up reading!

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #616112
09/30/11 06:05 AM
09/30/11 06:05 AM
dhaka
S
shima Offline
Wiseguy
shima  Offline
S
Wiseguy
dhaka
Lilo this is very help post and thanks for share with us

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #616284
10/02/11 03:35 PM
10/02/11 03:35 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Even after I sent him the link to this, and the recall of a gazillion pounds of ground turkey, my brother insist on eating turkey burgers.

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #616307
10/02/11 08:25 PM
10/02/11 08:25 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Here is a list noting the worst food as eaten by Andrew Zimmern, and he can eat anything! http://www.gadling.com/2010/04/20/8-weird-things-andrew-zimmern-has-eaten-videos/

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Beanshooter] #616714
10/07/11 07:23 AM
10/07/11 07:23 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Here is a list noting the worst food as eaten by Andrew Zimmern, and he can eat anything! http://www.gadling.com/2010/04/20/8-weird-things-andrew-zimmern-has-eaten-videos/

Two glasses of cow urine!!! Down in front!!!! sick panic rolleyes

Winter is Coming

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #616720
10/07/11 07:50 AM
10/07/11 07:50 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Why would you drink the second glass? confused

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #616725
10/07/11 08:15 AM
10/07/11 08:15 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Why would you drink the second glass? confused

Cause the first would be oh so refreshing.... whistle

Does your Pepsi lack pep? Is your Coke not the real thing? India's Hindu nationalist movement apparently has the answer: a new soft drink made from cow urine.

The bovine brew is in the final stages of development by the Cow Protection Department of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), India's biggest and oldest Hindu nationalist group, according to the man who makes it.

Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink – called "gau jal", or "cow water" – in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year".

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."

The drink is the latest attempt by the RSS – which was founded in 1925 and now claims eight million members – to cleanse India of foreign influence and promote its ideology of Hindutva, or Hindu-ness...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/article5707554.ece

Winter is Coming

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #616950
10/09/11 06:00 PM
10/09/11 06:00 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Many of the textbooks used in the NYC school system when I was a kid were decades old. The "Health and Hygiene" textbook had chapters on diseases that could affect kids, including hookworm, ringworm, pellagra, beri-beri and others that had disappeared years ago (the pictures always showed barefoot southern kids). Tapeworm always haunted me--the thought of this 30-foot-long serpent living in your guts! panic
Years later, I asked a friend who was a pediatrician if he'd ever seen a case of tapeworm. "Once, when I was in the Army in the Philippines," he replied. But about a decade after that, my aunt, who was a pediatric nurse-practitioner, told me tapeworm and all those other parasites and diseases I'd read about as a kid were making a big comeback in the US due to increased immigration from the Third World. One of her patients was a little girl from Asia whose father had brought her in after he bent down to kiss her goodnight and found a tapeworm emerging from her mouth. sick

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Turnbull] #616955
10/09/11 06:56 PM
10/09/11 06:56 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
One of her patients was a little girl from Asia whose father had brought her in after he bent down to kiss her goodnight and found a tapeworm emerging from her mouth.

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Turnbull] #616996
10/10/11 02:29 AM
10/10/11 02:29 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
One of her patients was a little girl from Asia whose father had brought her in after he bent down to kiss her goodnight and found a tapeworm emerging from her mouth. sick

Okay, that's pretty damn gross.

My brother studied medicine (MD) and infectious diseases (MS). He also spent time studying abroad in Africa and South America for a couple semesters. The story of the parasitic worm that burrowed its way out of your armpit always stuck in my mind -- they'd have to elevate your arm as to not interfere with it. sick Thought about that quit a bit after I visited him in Costa Rica, but all I got was a few months on the john. whistle

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: J Geoff] #617015
10/10/11 06:56 AM
10/10/11 06:56 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: J Geoff
One of her patients was a little girl from Asia whose father had brought her in after he bent down to kiss her goodnight and found a tapeworm emerging from her mouth. sick

Okay, that's pretty damn gross.

My brother studied medicine (MD) and infectious diseases (MS). He also spent time studying abroad in Africa and South America for a couple semesters. The story of the parasitic worm that burrowed its way out of your armpit always stuck in my mind -- they'd have to elevate your arm as to not interfere with it. sick Thought about that quit a bit after I visited him in Costa Rica, but all I got was a few months on the john. whistle

All this talk of parasitic worms reminds me of that 70's Cronenberg movie They came from within. It is cheesy by today's standards but is still somewhat disturbing. sick

Winter is Coming

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #617091
10/10/11 09:01 PM
10/10/11 09:01 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
A friend of the family was ill, and tests showed a mass in his intestines. They scheduled him for surgery. He had lost a tremendous amount of weight, so a malignant tumor seemed fairly certain. They operated and removed a large mass. They sent it down to pathology, but it turned out to be ALIVE. It was a ball of parasites. He had eaten a salad while on vacation in Mexico a few months before he got sick.

Moral of the story: they're not kidding when they say don't eat raw fruit or vegetables if you're in certain countries.

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #617125
10/11/11 02:59 AM
10/11/11 02:59 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

sick

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #618027
10/19/11 07:09 PM
10/19/11 07:09 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

An Australian man has been hospitalized for more than a month in serious condition as a result of eating two garden slugs on a dare, according to Australian news media and ProMED , an online service that tracks disease outbreaks.

The 21-year-old Sydney man apparently contracted a rat lungworm parasite from the slugs, which pick it up from rodent droppings. The parasite, a nematode called Angiostrongylus cantonensis, can cause fatal brain swelling.

The ProMED moderator who reported the case said the life cycle of the nematode was described in Australia 50 years ago. It infects not just slugs, rats and humans but also dogs, horses, flying fox bats and marsupials like kangaroos. It can also be caught from unwashed vegetables.

“We hope this will help to remind others to avoid eating raw slugs,” the moderator, Eskild Petersen, said.

Article

Winter is Coming

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #618052
10/20/11 09:00 AM
10/20/11 09:00 AM
O
Ocean Offline
Associate
Ocean  Offline
O
Associate
I thinks it's personal discussion.

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #623100
12/05/11 05:34 PM
12/05/11 05:34 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Got to say I love eggs, fried, hardboilded, pickled, poached, used to love them on Halloween when I was a idiot.

Some would say Rocky Mountain Oysters are dirty. But good beer batter deep fat fried and beer you can't beat em. You eat a few of these and you are looking for things to do and places to go. lol No not the john lol these boys will make you a star poll vaulter, broad jumper. wink So are you in confused.

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: Lilo] #640342
03/16/12 07:55 PM
03/16/12 07:55 PM
VanillaLimeCoke Offline
Button
VanillaLimeCoke  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: Lilo
There's a reason not to eat eggs.. lol

What's that reason. Because my grandma insists that she must eat 3 eggs a week. No more. No less. And she makes them very smelly that stinks the whole house up for hours.

Hey there buddy, What’s Up? Patricia told us you were coming. My name is Luke and I’m team hoarden all the way. I ain’t no bad hombre. Everybody’s gonna tell you I got a big mouth though. I spoil the endings to movies. -Dennis from GLASS

Hey, can we keep it under 60? I’m still trying to pay for all this dental work. -Simon from TRUE LIES
Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: VanillaLimeCoke] #644567
04/19/12 03:14 PM
04/19/12 03:14 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
IF you eat organic eggs from free roaming chckens which are not given gormones or antibiotics, you're safe.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Ten Dirtiest Foods [Re: dontomasso] #644616
04/19/12 11:16 PM
04/19/12 11:16 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
IF you eat organic eggs from free roaming chckens which are not given gormones or antibiotics, you're safe.

you also forgot they have to be cage free lol jk

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull