GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 520 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,437
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,429
Posts1,060,842
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top 10 criminal organisations... #599101
04/03/11 02:55 PM
04/03/11 02:55 PM
J
Jay123 Offline OP
Wiseguy
Jay123  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
Copied and pasted from an online article, do you agree these are the top 10?

Top 10 criminal organisations

1 Solntsevskaya Bratva (russian mafia)

2 Yamaguchi-gumi

3 ‘Ndrangheta

4 D Company

5 14K

6 Sicilian Mafia

7 Dai Huen Jai

8 Tijuana Cartel

9 United Bamboo

10 The US Mafia ‘The Five Families

LINK: http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/Blog/?p=363

Last edited by Jay123; 04/03/11 02:55 PM.
Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Jay123] #599103
04/03/11 02:58 PM
04/03/11 02:58 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
I'd guess the Sinaloa Cartel would be the top mexican crime organization right now. definitely "top 5" material for that list.

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Jay123] #599105
04/03/11 04:07 PM
04/03/11 04:07 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

That list came out about a year or two ago. It's not really based on anything official. And it's tough to rate criminal groups that way. It's not like tennis rankings or something. Each have their own spheres of influence. Sometimes, rather than defining which one is "more powerful," which can be defined in any number of ways, law enforcement will speak in terms of which groups present the "most significant organized crime threat."

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: tt120] #599107
04/03/11 04:14 PM
04/03/11 04:14 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: tt120
I'd guess the Sinaloa Cartel would be the top mexican crime organization right now. definitely "top 5" material for that list.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. These lists usually never make much sense.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Jay123] #599115
04/03/11 04:51 PM
04/03/11 04:51 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Globally I would rate the 'Ndrangheta first, then the Russian Mafiya, Sinaloa cartel, Sicilian Mafia and Camorra.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Sonny_Black] #599117
04/03/11 04:58 PM
04/03/11 04:58 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Globally I would rate the 'Ndrangheta first, then the Russian Mafiya, Sinaloa cartel, Sicilian Mafia and Camorra.

Could you please explain why you came to this conclusion.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Jay123] #599130
04/03/11 05:58 PM
04/03/11 05:58 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Idk, I would think that one of those Mexican cartels would be at the top those fuckers are ruthless and make boatloads of cash...

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #599135
04/03/11 06:26 PM
04/03/11 06:26 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Could you please explain why you came to this conclusion.

It was Jesus himself who whispered it in my ear last night. wink

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Jay123] #599148
04/03/11 08:51 PM
04/03/11 08:51 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
I too have concluded that the Ndrangheta should be number one, & came to that belief through the massive raids, numerous arrests & especially the billions in asset seizures in the last few years. And the Italian State having been warning other countries of the potential threat posed by the sattelite cells for years, through numerous reports & addresses.

Having said that, the Ndrangheta gets its Coke through the cartels, & its very evident how powerful & ruthless they are getting. Perhaps they should be number one, & in any case would be a close tie.

The Yakuza is really only powerful in Japan & does not export well compared with other criminal organizations. D-Company too is extremely powerful & wealthy, but does not have the kind of foot-holds in Western economies that the Nrangheta & cartels have.

Its my own opinion that the Five Families dont even rate on a "Global Scale" at all, if they ever did for a short time (maybe Prohibition era Definitely pre-RICO, if anything)

(cough.)
Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Sonny_Black] #599153
04/03/11 10:16 PM
04/03/11 10:16 PM
US
H
HermitKermit Offline
Made Member
HermitKermit  Offline
H
Made Member
US
It was discussed in another forums that this list is somewhat bogus, the Tijuana Cartel is one of the weaker organizations in Mexico. The Gulf Cartel(especially this one), Los Zetas, La Familia and Sinaloa Cartel(this one by a lot) are much more stronger than the Tijuana Cartel.

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Jay123] #599193
04/04/11 02:36 PM
04/04/11 02:36 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
My personal list

1 Colombian Drug Cartels
2 Mexican Drug Cartel
3 Russian Mafia
4 Ndrangheta
5 Chinese Mafia

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: furio_from_naples] #599286
04/05/11 11:29 PM
04/05/11 11:29 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
My personal list

1 Colombian Drug Cartels
2 Mexican Drug Cartel
3 Russian Mafia
4 Ndrangheta
5 Chinese Mafia

you can't compare the whole mexican cartels or the whole russian mafia with ndrangheta only, a better comparison would be the whole italian mafia (ndrangheta, camorra, cosa nostra)
in that case the italian mafia would be number 1 by far in my opinion

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Jay123] #599291
04/06/11 04:20 AM
04/06/11 04:20 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I don't think so, the Ndrangheta has an international stature and respect, what costa nostra have lost and camorra never had , the Ndrangheta has an alliance with Los Zetas and the Colombian cartels, and both Mexicans and Colombian consider it very reliable because it is virtually immune to the pentito, that's why I consider it less dangerous of Colombian they should buy cocaine from us, of Mexicans because is not as ruthless if not required, and the Russians because ndrangheta still less numerous but no less powerful.

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Jay123] #599298
04/06/11 11:18 AM
04/06/11 11:18 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
The Colombians and the Mexican cartels are more local and mostly in South and North America.

The 'Ndrangheta is active in pretty much the whole of Western Europe, Australia, Canada, United States and Venezuela. They are also active in far more businesses and criminal rackets.

Globally I would definitely rate the 'Ndrangeta above the cartels.

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: furio_from_naples] #599305
04/06/11 01:14 PM
04/06/11 01:14 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
I don't think so, the Ndrangheta has an international stature and respect, what costa nostra have lost and camorra never had , the Ndrangheta has an alliance with Los Zetas and the Colombian cartels, and both Mexicans and Colombian consider it very reliable because it is virtually immune to the pentito, that's why I consider it less dangerous of Colombian they should buy cocaine from us, of Mexicans because is not as ruthless if not required, and the Russians because ndrangheta still less numerous but no less powerful.

i mean it's wrong doing a list and compare the whole cartels with the ndrangheta only and not the italian mafia as a whole because in that case the italian mafia would be the number 1 i bet, the sicilians in the states and canada are stronger than ndrangheta it depends on the zones.... colombian have tirncoat too american goverment is full of colmbian turncoats

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Sonny_Black] #599311
04/06/11 02:50 PM
04/06/11 02:50 PM
US
H
HermitKermit Offline
Made Member
HermitKermit  Offline
H
Made Member
US
The Colombians and the Mexican cartels are more local and mostly in South and North America.

The 'Ndrangheta is active in pretty much the whole of Western Europe, Australia, Canada, United States and Venezuela. They are also active in far more businesses and criminal rackets.

Globally I would definitely rate the 'Ndrangeta above the cartels.

North America

Before continuing, however, it should be noted that a 2009 report by the National Drug Intelligence Center, of the U.S. Department of Justice, states: "Law enforcement reporting indicates that Mexican (drug trafficking organizations) maintain drug distribution networks or supply drugs to distributors in at least 230 U.S. cities." No figures are given as to the number of U.S. citizen cartel members, or drug buyers, traffickers and users, in Mexico.

As well, intelligence reports continue to identify the recruitment of gang members in the U.S., many with transnational ties to fellow hoods in Central America. Mexico's Sinaloa, Gulf, Juárez, and Tijuana cartels are reportedly leading the recruitment of the dangerous street and prison gang members in the U.S.

In Canada, "Mexico-type" drug gang on gang violence and targeted homicides have broken out in cities like Vancouver, British Columbia, generating significant media attention (particularly with the 2010 Winter Olympics scheduled for Vancouver). In this Canadian area, since January of this year there have been 17 fatal shootings according to news and warden reports.

"The Mexican cartels are a factor that has contributed to the violence. The situation is quite serious insofar as historically there have not been shootouts in public places here, so the people are concerned for their safety," Pat Fogarty, a Royal Canadian Mounted Police superintendent with the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit, told the Mexican newspaper El Informador (3/25/09).

"Almost all (of the) cocaine in Canada comes via Mexico, the hub for South American producers. Canadian-based organized crime groups buy the drug either directly from the cartels in Mexico, or from middlemen in Los Angeles and other American cities," The Canadian Press news agency wrote in a piece that ran March 4. "Although Mexicans aren't generally at the helm of Canadian gangs, organized crime here does have contact with the Sinaloa and Gulf cartels in Mexico."

Vancouver – "currently the scene of another drug war" – is also an important amphetamine and marijuana source for U.S. buyers, according to the Mexico City daily Excélsior (4/11/09).

Central America

Much of the cocaine from Colombia, destined for users in the United States, Canada and Mexico, is shipped north through logistically important Central America. Drugs are brought in by air or sea to area distribution centers and then forwarded to and through Mexico.

And, in addition to an ongoing Mexican drug cartel presence in the area, violent gangs (with U.S. and Mexican ties) are active in Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras. Parenthetically, there are Guatemalan reports of an increasing number of Central American street gang members in Spain, where the latter have apparently been sent to oversee and stimulate drug sales rather than violence.

Guatemala, with its own record of violence and unrest, is now suffering even more due to Mexican drug traffickers who use the country as a way station and staging area for drug shipments, and a safe haven from Mexican military pursuit. At times with the same savagery and intimidating tactics the drug lords employ in Mexico, Sinaloa and Gulf cartel members especially deploy ready cadres from local training camps that have been set up for Los Zetas gunmen from Mexico, ex-Kaibiles (former members of the elite Guatemalan Special Forces) and other hit men. On occasion even cross border firefights have been reported.

Officials in Belize report increased activities in unpopulated areas, which include the stockpiling of drug consignments en route north.

Panama has also become an important center for both logistics planning between South American and Mexican drug traffickers, and the transshipment of northbound cocaine. It is especially important when one considers the proximity to Colombia.

South America

Without going into the history of coca, cocaine production, cartel trafficking and violence, and the involvement of rebel groups in countries like Colombia, Peru and Bolivia, suffice it to say that the longtime presence and collaboration of Mexican organized crime in those countries now may be growing. And the range of the Mexican cartels extends to other South American countries.

Regarding Peru, in March the Los Angeles Times reported:

"A recent surge in arrests and cocaine seizures in Peru points to an increased presence of Mexican drug cartels, counter-narcotics officials say.

"The cartels have also contributed to more drug-related violence in Peruvian cities, ports and in remote valleys in this Andean country where coca, cocaine's base material, is grown, the officials say.

"Peruvian claims of Mexican cartels expanding echo those by officials in other Latin American countries, from Honduras to Argentina, where Mexican gangs have supplanted once-powerful Colombian cartels as kings of the illicit-drug underworld."

(…)

Last December, authorities began to keep track of Mexicans entering Peru. Juan Alvarez, the head of Peru's office of Migrants and Naturalization (under the Interior Ministry), confirmed the monitoring, adding that the operation is supported by the General Secretariat of Interpol, in France.

The fact is, Mexican narcotraffickers and their henchmen are found throughout South America.

Argentina and Chile have become new rungs in the Americas ladder known as the "Ephedrine Route," weasel words for countries that supply raw materials for Mexican drug traffickers (Excélsior, 3/30/09). And a probably related case in Argentina last August is still making headlines today.

On August 7, 2008 three Argentinean pharmaceutical executives disappeared, with their dumped bodies found on the outskirts of Buenos Aires a week later. A "Mexican style" triple murder, committed "supposedly by Mexican hands," according to the media (Diario de Yucatán, 3/19/09).

In the ensuing investigation, Argentinean officials found evidence of a network of ephedrine sales and clandestine laboratories, with mention of a León Cartel, of Guanajuato, Mexico, being behind the trafficking in Buenos Aires (state officials in Guanajuato deny the existence of such a cartel or cell). Subsequently, however, it was concluded that Mexico's Sinaloa Cartel was behind the trafficking and killings.

Europe

According to reports from the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) of the United Nations, Central American and Caribbean street gang members are being recruited by Mexican cartels in order to represent their interests in Europe, with the cities of Barcelona and Madrid, in Spain, and Oslo, Norway, being singled out. Those recruited, the UN research says, are working to expand their Mexican patrons' drug businesses and sales in European cities.

José Manuel Martínez, the INCB representative for Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean, was quoted on the subject in the Guatemalan newspaper El Periódico last December. "Certainly the Sinaloa, Gulf, and Tijuana cartels are training young mareros (street gang members) and gang members. With them, they seek to spread to Europe and this shows that the time when the Maras were a Central American problem has now ended."

Italian law enforcement officials, based on investigations by the Carabiniere and information shared by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), confirmed in late 2008 that Mexico's Los Zetas have strengthened ties with Mafioso organizations in Italy, in particular with the ‘Ndrangheta. These Italian mobsters are home based in the Reggio Calabria area of southern Italy.

Since early last year the Carabiniere has been intercepting calls from people in the United States who are part of this transatlantic network that sends drugs from Mexico to Europe, according to a piece from the Mexican News service Apro (12/28/08).

In February of this year, Apro editors reported that Nicola Gratteri, the city attorney of Reggio Calabria, said that the 'Ndrangheta mafia and Mexico's Gulf Cartel leaders communicate via Blackberries and SMS messaging. Gratteri refused to give additional details, telling the reporter he didn't want "to give the mafia suggestions."

Antonio Nicaso, an expert on crime who has coauthored a new book on the Calabria mafia with Gratteri ("Blood Brothers"), added that the Mexican cartel and Italian mafia alliance is absolutely key. This because the 'Ndrangheta control all of the main seaports in Europe that are ports of entry for drugs, most of these being located in Spain and Holland, the Apro article said.

Last August, in Toronto, Canada, a 42 year old 'Ndrangheta member named Guiseppe Collucio was arrested, and Italian authorities recognized him as one of those in charge of sending cocaine to Italy by way of South America, Apro reported. Collucio belongs to one of the 'Ndrangheta families that settled in Canada, and it was from there that he was in contact with Colombian drug lords in order to buy cocaine that was then shipped to Europe.

Following Collucio's arrest, his Italian clients became uneasy and they decided to change contacts. And 'Ndrangheta leaders in Italy put them in communication with Mexico's Gulf Cartel, according to Piero Grasso, Italy's Director of Public Prosecutions for Mafia Crimes.

"In Rome, Public Prosecutor Grasso declared: 'The novelty in this international operation is the narco starting point role that Mexico has assumed, replacing Colombia and becoming the major drug distributor in the world,'" the Apro piece concluded.

——————————
Also see: Report of the International Narcotics Control Board for 2008, International Narcotics Control Board, United Nations (MexiData.info posted 04/06/09)

——————————
Barnard Thompson, editor of MexiData.info, has spent 50 years in Mexico and Latin America, providing multinational clients with actionable intelligence; country and political risk reporting and analysis; and business, lobbying, and problem resolution services.

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: Jay123] #599312
04/06/11 02:53 PM
04/06/11 02:53 PM
US
H
HermitKermit Offline
Made Member
HermitKermit  Offline
H
Made Member
US
Mexican Cartels expand their tentacles into 47 nations.

"Mexican drug traffickers are branching out as never before — spreading their tentacles into 47 nations, including the U.S., Guatemala and even Colombia, long the heart of the drug trade in Latin America."

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/news/article_eeee9204-c18b-5082-8a2b-876a4d97b2d8.html

Re: Top 10 criminal organisations... [Re: HermitKermit] #599316
04/06/11 03:09 PM
04/06/11 03:09 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
mexican cartels are not active in europe, at least they sell some drugs to mafia or other groups but they have not any presence there at all

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull