GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Ciment, Toodoped, CleanBandit, 1 invisible), 569 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,969
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Does anyone know the Dialogue in this Scene? #35434
12/06/05 11:46 AM
12/06/05 11:46 AM
Cristina's Way Offline OP
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline OP
Underboss
In the Saga, there is a scene during the Tahoe party, right after Michael meets with Frank Pentangeli (who complains that he wants the Rosato brothers dead, etc.), and before Michael and Kay are shown on the dance floor.

In it, Frankie and Anthony are sitting at one of the outdoor dining tables having a talk (well, Frankie talks and Anthony listens smile ). I can't make out about 70% of what is being said, only these few parts:
  • Frankie drinks his glass of wine in one gulp.
  • He asks Willie Cicci, who is standing nearby, for some money.
  • Frankie gives Anthony $100 ("I'd give you $1,000 but I don't want to embarrass your father." wink ) then tells him, "Put that under your pillow and don't tell nobody."
  • Frankie then says to Anthony something like "Angel Face ... I have children too... Let me hear you say it," then he asks Anthony to whisper something in his ear.

I really would like to know all the dialogue for that little scene, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not on the GF2 transcript on Geoff's main site, and it's not in the draft GF2 script that I've come across. If anyone knows, can they post it?

BTW, if anyone has the GF2 DVD, I've heard that with certain DVD players you can press the CC button and it will show the dialogue as a subtitle. I'd try this if I had a DVD player, but I'm still using that 20th century relic, a VCR grin .

Re: Does anyone know the Dialogue in this Scene? #35435
12/06/05 01:42 PM
12/06/05 01:42 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
That is a really great scene. Looking at the affection Frankie gives to Anthony, you'd know he'd never have ordered that machine gun attack.
Cristina, I think you got most of the dialog. Frankie, who's obviously drunk, makes some sound while spooning wine for Anthony. He says, "Angel face, you got the face of an angel...I got children of my own..." He says, "Cicc' a monita..." when asking for the money. You got the rest.

Another example of how Michael V. Gazzo makes GFII. I, too, would like to have seen Richard Castellano. But Gazzo makes a brilliant substitute.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Does anyone know the Dialogue in this Scene? #35436
12/06/05 09:07 PM
12/06/05 09:07 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Yes, that is a gem of a scene. Thank you for fleshing it out, Turnbull. I just feel that I'm missing the beginning and end. (Well, I've got the ending, since you gave me the pieces I was missing, except I'd still like to know what Frankie wanted Anthony to tell him.) At the beginning, where Frankie is drinking the wine and spooning out what looks like jello for Anthony, I can tell he's saying something; but I can't make out what it is.

Oh well, it's probably just a few words anyway. At least I have the bulk of it. Although it's such a nice interaction, I'd like to get every word. I can't recall if this was a scene that was only included in the Saga. It's a shame if it was left out of the actual movie because otherwise I don't think any mention is made of Frankie's children. It certainly would have made his suicide even sadder and more poignant had the audience seen this side of him.

Re: Does anyone know the Dialogue in this Scene? #35437
12/06/05 09:22 PM
12/06/05 09:22 PM
Underboss
Underboss
This is kind of incidental, but I'd like to ask about the transcripts of GF1, GF2, and GF3 that are on Geoff's main Godfather web site.

I'm curious to know if these were transcribed by someone who watched the movies, and then wrote down each piece of dialogue as he/she heard it, OR if Geoff actually obtained copies of the final script(s), which he scanned or otherwise placed on his web site.

Sometimes I see an entry like this: "FRANKIE: Clemenza promised them [something in Italian]" wink , which indicates to me that the script was compiled from listening. Then sometimes I see directions (such as "interior. Mama's house on the compound"), which makes me wonder if those notations are from a script or if they were just observations made from watching the film.

Either way, thank you Geoff for making those scripts available to us! [Linked Image]... but I'm still nosy and want to know how you did it (if you don't mind my asking) wink .

Re: Does anyone know the Dialogue in this Scene? #35438
12/10/05 10:49 PM
12/10/05 10:49 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Speaking for myself, it appears that someone transcribed what they heard (or thought they heard) while viewing the films.

I've noticed several little omissions and errors in the dialogue - one example:

the transcript for GF1 has Vito saying to Sollozzo "...as best as your interests..." when the actual line is "...especially since your interests..."

Little stuff like that.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Does anyone know the Dialogue in this Scene? #35439
12/11/05 12:44 AM
12/11/05 12:44 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Cristina's Way:

I'm curious to know if these were transcribed by someone who watched the movies, and then wrote down each piece of dialogue as he/she heard it, [b]OR
if Geoff actually obtained copies of the final script(s), which he scanned or otherwise placed on his web site.

[/b]
Hey now! Are you questioning the authenticity of something that our DON has provided for his soldiers? eek wink

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull