GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 716 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,489
Posts1,061,833
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33914
10/28/05 10:47 PM
10/28/05 10:47 PM
Cristina's Way Offline
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline
Underboss
Re: plawrence's link above (a.k.a. July 2004: A GF II question that\'s been killing me )

If I may re-post a screen capture of the dead gunmen originally included on that thread by J Geoff:

[Linked Image]

• appears that both are lying straight, face up (or is the left one on his side? don't think so, but it is dark...)
  • hands appear to be folded in front of them (or is that just their shirt fronts I'm seeing?)

Now this might not be relevant (not yet, anyway -- until I work it into another theory wink ), but I have a question:

In the 1st GF, Tattaglia took the time to send a "Sicilian message" to the Corleones after the killing of Luca Brasi: a fish wrapped in Luca's bullet-proof vest to signify that "Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes."

It seems as though the hitmen's killer(s) took the time to place the two dead men in this rather coffin-like position. I'm not too familiar with mafia lore, so does anyone know if that signifies something? Is it a message to Michael? To Fredo? Does slitting of the throat attach a message to the death (symbolizing silence, for example)?

In the film, the shot of the dead hitmen lasts only seconds and is very murky; so FFC probably didn't intend for us viewers to play a game of CLUE with this screen cap. But I can't help but wonder ...

Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33915
06/05/06 11:41 PM
06/05/06 11:41 PM
VitoAndoliniFromCorleone Offline
Associate
VitoAndoliniFromCorleone  Offline
Associate
What about this theory...

There was a third assassin who killed the other two and then escaped.

Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33916
06/07/06 03:48 PM
06/07/06 03:48 PM
Ann Arbor
S
stavka Offline
Made Member
stavka  Offline
S
Made Member
Ann Arbor
If you drag a dead man from under his armpits, his arms will fall to the side - and come to rest there unless you really fling him into a ditch.

A second hit team was a theory I advanced earlier

in the top ten threads section.

"I don't shine shoes no more..."
Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33917
06/07/06 03:57 PM
06/07/06 03:57 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
The Last Woltz Offline
Underboss
The Last Woltz  Offline
Underboss
Pittsburgh, PA
If you drag a dead man from under his armpits, his arms will fall to the side - and come to rest there unless you really fling him into a ditch.
I'm not going to ask how you know that. wink

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"
Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33918
06/07/06 04:13 PM
06/07/06 04:13 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Could the third man have been hiding in Fredo's House?

When Deanna is brought outside she is screaming about somebody being right outside her window. This suggests some complicity by Fredo. I cannot believe Fredo would
be the one who killed them and I dont think Roth would have entructed something like that to him.

But Michael's comment points to a third member of the hit team because when he says he believes the hitters "are prpbably dead already" he then makes a comment that the hit was "botched" and that someone was very afraid by that point.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33919
06/07/06 04:26 PM
06/07/06 04:26 PM
California
WildTrout Offline
Wiseguy
WildTrout  Offline
Wiseguy
California
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b] As I hope everyone knows, I love the films, too (except for Part III). It's what brought me to the BB in the first place.

I shall speak no more on this matter. Everyone, enjoy your discussion. I'll just enjoy the movies.

[Linked Image]

Apple
And I said OUR love for the films and everytime WE view the films. Are you not a part of OUR or WE? Did I imply that at all in my post? confused I think not. I am fully aware that you have a love for the films. smile

And BTW, I don't think tht you need to inform us everytime you decided to withdraw from a dicsussion or topic. If you wish to refrain from continuing in a discussion, then just refrain. No need for announcements. tongue

Mke sure that you Enjoy the book too. wink lol

Don Cardi cool [/b]
AMEN!!! grin

But if Clemenza can figure a way to have a weapon planted there for me then I'll kill 'em both.
Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33920
06/07/06 04:29 PM
06/07/06 04:29 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Y'know, Wild Trout...I have to thank you for reminding me how nasty Don Cardi can be sometimes. I had forgotten all about that post!!

(Actually, I don't think I ever even saw it...)

Best,
AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33921
06/08/06 09:48 AM
06/08/06 09:48 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Y'know, Wild Trout...I have to thank you for reminding me how nasty Don Cardi can be sometimes. I had forgotten all about that post!!

(Actually, I don't think I ever even saw it...)

Best,
AppleOnYa
Well one things for sure, you never have to worry about any of us forgetting how nasty you can be at times. tongue wink lol

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33922
06/08/06 10:49 AM
06/08/06 10:49 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
I guess that u really dont know him because those who know him know what a good hearted person he really is.

ds

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33923
06/08/06 11:03 AM
06/08/06 11:03 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally posted by Don Smitty:
I guess that u really dont know him because those who know him know what a good hearted person he really is.
ds [/QB][/QUOTE]

DS its just sour Apples.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Michaels attempted assasination #33924
06/08/06 12:38 PM
06/08/06 12:38 PM
Ann Arbor
S
stavka Offline
Made Member
stavka  Offline
S
Made Member
Ann Arbor
Something somebody posted makes me wonder if the hit time was going to be killed even if they were successful.

There is nothing to clearly indicate they didn't know if they got Michael or not (60 rounds sprayed through a wall of glass doesn't give you the best view of things)

The shooters were unknowns - presumably recruited just for this hit, probably by somebody who wouldn't want to step forward for the credit even if they got Michael. - and clearly whoever killed them was ready to do it - I doubt slitting their throats was a knee-jerk reaction to their failure, even if it was assured. That sort of thing would take planning and pre-meditation

"I don't shine shoes no more..."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull