GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, ChiTown, 1 invisible), 201 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,947
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,652
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,543
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,487
Posts1,061,711
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Just a few questions.. #481978
03/30/08 09:14 PM
03/30/08 09:14 PM
Boston, MA
Lollygager12 Offline OP
Associate
Lollygager12  Offline OP
Associate
Boston, MA
1) In Godfather Part 1 during the baptism scene, does Willi Cicci trap Stracci or Cuneo in the revolving door? And Clemenza kills the other?

2) Which one is the senate lawyer Questadt during the committee meeting? Is he the one that sits next to the chairman and says “I’ll ask you again sir, here and now under oath…etc” or is he the one that asks Michael to identify the man sitting next to him?

3) What does Hagen say to Pentangeli’s brother (in Italian) after the “this committee owes and apology!” speech?

4) At the beginning of the scene where Michael and Kay are talking in the hotel room in Hotel Washington, when Kay says “Michael you say you love me and then you talk about allowing me to leave.” When has Michael ever said that? When has he ever let her “leave”?

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: Lollygager12] #481982
03/30/08 10:48 PM
03/30/08 10:48 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Cuneo

He asks for the identification

The family's honor stays intact

Tom kept her inside the compound upon Michael's order.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: olivant] #482061
03/31/08 03:08 PM
03/31/08 03:08 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
 Originally Posted By: olivant

He asks for the identification

Questadt is the guy who says, "I ask you now, under oath..."
The guy who says "Mr. Corleone, can you identify the man on your right?" is one of the Senators. He's played by Roger Corman, the legendary B-movie mogul who was one of FFC's early mentors.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: Turnbull] #482809
04/06/08 12:19 PM
04/06/08 12:19 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Other questions to ponder:

In Vito's office when Mike returns with Clemenza after the hospital thing, the clock on the mantle behind Sonny says 7:00. I'm assuming that AM since PM that time of the year would be in darkness. Is it AM the next day? That's seems a quick turn around for Mike since they had to dig some bone out of his jaw.

Also, the hit on Bruno at 4 AM must have been quickly arranged since it appears to have happened only about 6-8 hours after the hospital thing.

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: olivant] #482818
04/06/08 12:55 PM
04/06/08 12:55 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
In Vito's office when Mike returns with Clemenza after the hospital thing, the clock on the mantle behind Sonny says 7:00. I'm assuming that AM since PM that time of the year would be in darkness. Is it AM the next day? That's seems a quick turn around for Mike since they had to dig some bone out of his jaw.

The novel said that doctors had to dig bone fragments out of Michael's gums, not his jaw--implying a dental, not surgical, procedure. He might have remained in the hospital for another day or two. But, as the novel said, Sonny wanted him at the Mall right away. Sonny was probably concerned that Michael had shown his hand as a Corleone, and wouldn't be considered a "civilian" anymore.
 Quote:
Also, the hit on Bruno at 4 AM must have been quickly arranged since it appears to have happened only about 6-8 hours after the hospital thing.

They probably started planning a hit on the Tattaglias as soon as Vito was shot. I doubt they waited until after the second attempt on Vito's life.

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: Turnbull] #482832
04/06/08 01:52 PM
04/06/08 01:52 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Turnbull

They probably started planning a hit on the Tattaglias as soon as Vito was shot. I doubt they waited until after the second attempt on Vito's life.

You are correct TB, because in the scene in The Don's office with Sonny, Tom, Mike, Tessio, & Clemenza, they are making a list and if you listen closely you can hear Clemenza saying : "it's a lot of bad blood. Sollozzo, Philip Tattaglia, Bruno Tattaglia; Garbone.." and then when Michael asks Sonny "You kill all those guys?" we hear Sonny reply "Hey, stay out of it, Mickey; do me a favor."

Now in that scene they are debating as to if the hit list is too much, too personal, etc. because we do hear Tom say : "It's too far -- I think it's too personal... The Don'll consider this all..." So it's quite possible that after some debating they eliminated some of the names on that list, with one being Bruno Tattaglia.

However, in the later scene, upon Michael's return to the Corleone Mall after getting punched by McClusky, Clemenza asks Tessio "What's with all the new faces?" and Tessio replies "We'll need'em now. After the hospital thing, Sonny got mad. We hit Bruno Tattaglia 4 o'clock this morning."

So it's quite possible that although they may have intially removed Bruno's name from that list, after Mike getting cracked by McClusky, and all the bodyguards outside the hospital getting locked up, Sonny lost his temper and they hit Bruno even though he was initially removed from that hit list.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: Don Cardi] #482880
04/06/08 06:05 PM
04/06/08 06:05 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Still, Sonny doesn't decide to hit Bruno until the hospital thing which occurs just hours before Bruno is hit. So, they must have gotten lucky with that hit. Composing a list of hits is not the same thing as carrying them out especially when it is a hit on one of another family's top members.

And planning hits right after Vito is hit: they are still composing the list at that point.

Last edited by olivant; 04/06/08 06:07 PM.

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: olivant] #482894
04/06/08 09:22 PM
04/06/08 09:22 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Still, Sonny doesn't decide to hit Bruno until the hospital thing which occurs just hours before Bruno is hit. So, they must have gotten lucky with that hit. Composing a list of hits is not the same thing as carrying them out especially when it is a hit on one of another family's top members.

And planning hits right after Vito is hit: they are still composing the list at that point.

As I posted above, according to the dialoge in the first scene, they are composing a hit list and there is some objection, openly by Tom, as to the list being to big, too personal, and initially Bruno was probably removed from that list.

But the line " After the hospital thing...." indicates to me that although Tom may have originally convinced Sonny to remove a few names from that list and just go after the Turk, after the "hospital thing" Sonny did indeed get hot and probably said "Fuck this consigliere, now that they tried again to kill my father and my brother was hit by a crooked cop, all bets are off! Everyone is fair game. I want someone's head for this!"

And the word went out, and they probably got lucky, and took out Bruno.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: Don Cardi] #482897
04/06/08 10:32 PM
04/06/08 10:32 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
My whole point is that they would have had to have gotten lucky to have taken Bruno out so quickly. Afterall, Sonny says that he's got 100 button men out on the street 24 hours a day looking for Sollozzo, but even so they don't get him before they get Bruno. So, it must have been luck with Bruno.

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: olivant] #482899
04/06/08 11:27 PM
04/06/08 11:27 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Maybe Bruno was slippin'. ;\)

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: Don Cardi] #482919
04/07/08 04:53 AM
04/07/08 04:53 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
"After the hospital thing..." indicates to me that it wasn't the same night. In that case Tessio would have said something like: "Sonny got mad last night."

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: olivant] #482921
04/07/08 07:47 AM
04/07/08 07:47 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
My whole point is that they would have had to have gotten lucky to have taken Bruno out so quickly. Afterall, Sonny says that he's got 100 button men out on the street 24 hours a day looking for Sollozzo, but even so they don't get him before they get Bruno. So, it must have been luck with Bruno.

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

And the word went out, and they probably got lucky, and took out Bruno.

;\)

Don Cardi cool

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: Danito] #482950
04/07/08 11:33 AM
04/07/08 11:33 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Danito
"After the hospital thing..." indicates to me that it wasn't the same night. In that case Tessio would have said something like: "Sonny got mad last night."

As we do in so many cases, we have to go to the novel for guidance.

Michael wakes up in the morning and Tom tells him, among other things, that after what happened at the hospital, Sonny got hard and that we we got up on the scoreboard ... four o'clock this morning.

So, there's no indication that any more than about six hours passed between Mike's encounter with McCluskey and Bruno's murder. So, it doesn't seem that there could have been any planning involved and luck seems a stretch since the hierarchy of the Tattaglia family would not have been exposing themselves.

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: Lollygager12] #486917
05/04/08 12:41 AM
05/04/08 12:41 AM
A
asabenedica Offline
Associate
asabenedica  Offline
A
Associate
3) What does Hagen say to Pentangeli’s brother (in Italian) after the “this committee owes and apology!” speech?

Hagen says (in Sicilian): "a famighia di tutta posto - tutta posto"

In english it would translate to: Everything will be alright with the family - everything will be alright

Re: Just a few questions.. [Re: asabenedica] #486923
05/04/08 10:30 AM
05/04/08 10:30 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Basically, all stays the same, referring to the family's honor.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull