GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 291 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,483
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,531
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,442
Posts1,061,026
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What Became of NY Mob In GF III? #481812
03/28/08 02:07 PM
03/28/08 02:07 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

I know this is a GF III question and the obvious answer is the movie was poorly written, etc., but I'll ask anyway.

It seems like the Atlantic City hit wiped out a good portion of the Comission. Presumably that would have allowed Zasa to consolidate his power, but as we know Zasa gets whacked pretty soon after that.

I would think the only logical families to have the power to pick up the pieces were the Corleone Family and the Altobello Family. That being the case, how could Michael not have suspected Altobello from the get go?

Further, once Altobello was whacked and after Mary died, are we to believe Vincent went back and took everything over, or should we assume it went as it really did, the Siciliam mob in NY became weaker, and Colombians, Russians etc moved in. Assuming that to be the case where DID that leave Vincent?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: What Became of NY Mob In GF III? [Re: dontomasso] #481817
03/28/08 02:21 PM
03/28/08 02:21 PM
AZ
Turnbull Online content
Turnbull  Online Content

AZ
 Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I know this is a GF III question and the obvious answer is the movie was poorly written, etc., but I'll ask anyway.

That's the answer, right there...

Quote:
It seems like the Atlantic City hit wiped out a good portion of the Comission. Presumably that would have allowed Zasa to consolidate his power, but as we know Zasa gets whacked pretty soon after that.

Zasa didn't know it, though.

Quote:
I would think the only logical families to have the power to pick up the pieces were the Corleone Family and the Altobello Family. That being the case, how could Michael not have suspected Altobello from the get go?

If I read the scene correctly, it was supposed to be Michael's final Commission meeting. Even before the meeting, he no longer had "feet on the street." And Michael was supposed to be killed in the same attack. Therefore, Zasa would pick up all the pieces in a coup much like Michael's Great Massacre of '55. Presumably Altobello would have gotten something from Zasa, but his role in the NY Mob was never made clear. And later, he introduces Vincent to Lucchese as "the hero who killed Joey Zasa." More poor writing.

Quote:
Further, once Altobello was whacked and after Mary died, are we to believe Vincent went back and took everything over, or should we assume it went as it really did, the Siciliam mob in NY became weaker, and Colombians, Russians etc moved in. Assuming that to be the case where DID that leave Vincent?

I often wondered about that, too. I thought FCC, Puzo and Paramount were leaving the door open for a GFIV.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: What Became of NY Mob In GF III? [Re: Turnbull] #481822
03/28/08 02:42 PM
03/28/08 02:42 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
 Originally Posted By: dontomasso

That's the answer, right there...

Quote:

Zasa didn't know it, though.

Quote:

If I read the scene correctly, it was supposed to be Michael's final Commission meeting. Even before the meeting, he no longer had "feet on the street." And Michael was supposed to be killed in the same attack. Therefore, Zasa would pick up all the pieces in a coup much like Michael's Great Massacre of '55. Presumably Altobello would have gotten something from Zasa, but his role in the NY Mob was never made clear. And later, he introduces Vincent to Lucchese as "the hero who killed Joey Zasa." More poor writing.

Quote:

I often wondered about that, too. I thought FCC, Puzo and Paramount were leaving the door open for a GFIV.

There is a comment Vincent makes in Sicily about how the Corleones need to keep a presence on the street in New York
in light of the vacuum that had been created, and I think he specifically mentions that if they don't the Colombians will,
and I suspect Michael would have gone along with it, given his statement "Everytime I think I'm out they pull me back in."

Also by the time Michael realizes that Altobello has betrayed him and he sends Vincent to make a "deal" with him (same plot device Vito used with Luca and the Tattaglias ....sheesh don't these people ever learn?) there is an implication made when Vincent meets Luchese that if he comes to work for them he will in effect be the new and improved Joe Zasa.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: What Became of NY Mob In GF III? [Re: dontomasso] #481841
03/28/08 04:23 PM
03/28/08 04:23 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
While the dons were wiped out, their families were not. There were plenty of replacements for the vacancies.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What Became of NY Mob In GF III? [Re: olivant] #482032
03/31/08 01:23 PM
03/31/08 01:23 PM
greece
C
constantino Offline
Wiseguy
constantino  Offline
C
Wiseguy
greece
Michael knew it was Altobello,from the beginning.Remember in #1,when Vito tells him that the traitor would be the one who would apporach him as a messager,in order to "straighten things out".That's why he tells Altobello: "I have learned a few things from my father".

bonasera bonasera.what I've ever done to you to make you treat me so disrepsectfully
Re: What Became of NY Mob In GF III? [Re: constantino] #483001
04/07/08 04:10 PM
04/07/08 04:10 PM
Georgia, USA
D
DonRobertoCorleone Offline
Button
DonRobertoCorleone  Offline
D
Button
Georgia, USA
ALso I seem to recall Neri saying that although most died, the Dons who survived the commission attack had made deals with Joey Zasa.

DonRobertoCorleone
Re: What Became of NY Mob In GF III? [Re: DonRobertoCorleone] #486744
05/02/08 01:02 PM
05/02/08 01:02 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Vincent leaves Sicily, goes back to New York and rebuilds.

Re: What Became of NY Mob In GF III? [Re: DonRobertoCorleone] #486747
05/02/08 01:09 PM
05/02/08 01:09 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: DonRobertoCorleone
ALso I seem to recall Neri saying that although most died, the Dons who survived the commission attack had made deals with Joey Zasa.

Why would any dons make deals with Zasa? What did Zasa have that they would have wanted? As Michael said, he's just muscle, an enforcer.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull