GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 382 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,434
Posts1,060,899
Members10,349
Most Online992
04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wow #418829
07/24/07 01:02 PM
07/24/07 01:02 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline OP
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline OP
Underboss
The White Tree
 Quote:
The story of the Jena Six began on September 1, 2006 -- a hot late summer day, in the southern town of Jena, Louisiana. Bryant Purvis, a Black high school student, asked permission to sit beneath the shade tree known as the “white tree,” in front of the town’s high school. It was unspoken law that this shady area was for whites only during school breaks. The vice principal said nothing was stopping anyone. So Black students sat underneath the tree, challenging the established authority of segregation and racism.

The next day, hanging from the tree, were three ropes, in school colors, each tied to make a noose. The events set in motion by those nooses led to a schoolyard fight. And that fight led to the conviction, on June 28, 2007, of a Black student at Jena High School for charges that can bring up to 22 years in prison. Mychal Bell, a 16-year-old sophomore football star at the time he was arrested, was convicted by an all-white jury, without a single witness being called on his behalf. The remaining five Black students still face serious charges stemming from the fight, their lawyers and parents estimate they will go to trial this fall.

In response to the noose incident, several Black students, among them star players on the football team, spontaneously staged a sit-in and protest, under the tree. The principal reacted by bringing in the white district attorney, Reed Walters, and 10 local police officers to an all-school assembly. Marcus Jones described the assembly:

“At any activity done in the auditorium—anything—Blacks sit on one side, whites on the other side, okay? The DA tells the principal to call the students in the auditorium. They get in there. The DA tells the Black students, he's looking directly at the Black students—remember, whites on one side, Blacks on the other side—he's looking directly at the Black students. He told them to keep their mouths shut about the boys hanging their nooses up. If he hears anything else about it, he can make their lives go away with the stroke of his pen.”

On a Friday night, Robert Bailey, a 17-year-old Black student and football player, was invited to a dance at the “Fair Barn,” a hall considered to be “white.” When he walked in, without warning he was punched in the face, knocked on the ground and attacked by a group of white youth. Only one of the white youth was arrested—he was ultimately given probation and asked to apologize.

The night after that, a 22-year-old white man, along with two friends, pulled a gun on Bailey and two of his friends at a local gas station. The Black youths wrestled the gun from him to prevent him from using it. They were arrested and charged with theft, and the white man went free. The following Monday students returned to school. It was then that a fight broke out that sent one white student to the hospital. He was treated, released, and seen at a social event that evening. In contrast to how the authorities handled the assault on Robert Bailey by white students – where one white student got probation and apologized – for this incident, six Black students face serious criminal charges and decades in jail.

Marcus Jones told me what happened: “The next day, when they get back to school, the Barker boy called one of them a ‘*bleep*.’ We have a statement from a white kid, saying that he was right there when he called him ‘*bleep* boy’ or something like that. They charged them with second-degree attempted murder and conspiracy to commit second-degree attempted murder. Alright, the boy was knocked unconscious. But by the time they called for the medic to get there, he was walking. They took him to the hospital. He don’t stay in there probably no more than an hour, tops. They released him, parents come to the hospital to get him, everything, took like a whole hour. Later on that evening, they held the ring ceremony, you know where they get their rings—he comes up there all fine and dandy. He had a little black eye, little bruise on his lip, you know, but he wasn’t nowhere close to no death. He laughed and talked with everyone up there, and everything.”

Justin Barker was allegedly knocked down, punched, and kicked by a number of Black students. In December of 2006 six Black students—Robert Bailey Junior, Theo Shaw, Carwin Jones, Bryant Purvis, Mychal Bell, and a still unidentified minor, allegedly the attackers of Justin Barker—were arrested, charged with attempted second degree manslaughter, and expelled from school.

The outrageously high bail ranged from $70,000-$138,000, leaving most of them stuck in jail for months. Mychal was 16 years old at the time he was arrested, the judge removed him from the juvenile facilities and brought him to the Jena Parish jail to charge him as an adult.

I can't believe this is real. How is this story not on every major news network? Of course, if it were false charges by a black stripper against some white college boys, the press would be all over it.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Wow [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #418832
07/24/07 01:05 PM
07/24/07 01:05 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Holy shit i havent seen anything on the net about this either that is unbelieveable!!! im lost for words

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Re: Wow [Re: chopper] #418836
07/24/07 01:16 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

It is disgusting to me how, in 2007, some people can still be so outrageously racist like that

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Wow [Re: chopper] #418837
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
What's the source?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Wow [Re: olivant] #418839
07/24/07 01:23 PM
07/24/07 01:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: olivant
What's the source?

I was thinking the same thing: This can't be real or we would have heard about it.

But it is real. Too real. If you google Mychal Bell you'll come up with alot of links to this heinous injustice.

To the white me down south: It's 2007 for god's sake! Now, get off of your sister!

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Wow [Re: pizzaboy] #418867
07/24/07 02:17 PM
07/24/07 02:17 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Thank god I don't live anywhere the deep south. South Florida rules (completely different area as far as I'm concerned)...Florida sucks balls.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Wow [Re: Don Andrew] #418869
07/24/07 02:22 PM
07/24/07 02:22 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Don Andrew
Thank god I don't live anywhere the deep south. South Florida rules (completely different area as far as I'm concerned)...Florida sucks balls.

You said it, brother. South Florida is as evolved as any big city in America. Just don't get too close to places the Glades or Okechobee. The Florida "cracker" is a completely different breed of redneck. Their brains are undescended.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Wow [Re: Don Andrew] #418893
07/24/07 03:33 PM
07/24/07 03:33 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss

Just tell the rednecks you've got a mighty tan. They're quite dense, they'll buy it.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Wow [Re: long_lost_corleone] #418919
07/24/07 05:41 PM
07/24/07 05:41 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Just tell the rednecks you've got a mighty tan. They're quite dense, they'll buy it.

Yeah right. Even down here...I look yellow. Or so I'm told.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Wow [Re: Don Andrew] #418920
07/24/07 05:42 PM
07/24/07 05:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I'll be down a week from today, Don A. I'll be up in Delray Beach but I'll probably drive down your neck of the woods for some Cuban food.

Re: Wow [Re: pizzaboy] #418922
07/24/07 05:50 PM
07/24/07 05:50 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I'll be down a week from today, Don A. I'll be up in Delray Beach but I'll probably drive down your neck of the woods for some Cuban food.

Awesome...but I'll be in Central America...alas. \:p

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Wow [Re: Don Andrew] #418924
07/24/07 05:52 PM
07/24/07 05:52 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Where in Central America?

Re: Wow [Re: pizzaboy] #418925
07/24/07 05:53 PM
07/24/07 05:53 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Nicaragua

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Wow [Re: Don Andrew] #418930
07/24/07 06:04 PM
07/24/07 06:04 PM
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Why, did you get deported?

BURN!

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Wow [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #419143
07/25/07 06:15 PM
07/25/07 06:15 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Originally Posted By: DonVitoCorleone
The White Tree
 Quote:
The story of the Jena Six began on September 1, 2006 -- a hot late summer day, in the southern town of Jena, Louisiana. Bryant Purvis, a Black high school student, asked permission to sit beneath the shade tree known as the “white tree,” in front of the town’s high school. It was unspoken law that this shady area was for whites only during school breaks. The vice principal said nothing was stopping anyone. So Black students sat underneath the tree, challenging the established authority of segregation and racism.

The next day, hanging from the tree, were three ropes, in school colors, each tied to make a noose. The events set in motion by those nooses led to a schoolyard fight. And that fight led to the conviction, on June 28, 2007, of a Black student at Jena High School for charges that can bring up to 22 years in prison. Mychal Bell, a 16-year-old sophomore football star at the time he was arrested, was convicted by an all-white jury, without a single witness being called on his behalf. The remaining five Black students still face serious charges stemming from the fight, their lawyers and parents estimate they will go to trial this fall.

In response to the noose incident, several Black students, among them star players on the football team, spontaneously staged a sit-in and protest, under the tree. The principal reacted by bringing in the white district attorney, Reed Walters, and 10 local police officers to an all-school assembly. Marcus Jones described the assembly:

“At any activity done in the auditorium—anything—Blacks sit on one side, whites on the other side, okay? The DA tells the principal to call the students in the auditorium. They get in there. The DA tells the Black students, he's looking directly at the Black students—remember, whites on one side, Blacks on the other side—he's looking directly at the Black students. He told them to keep their mouths shut about the boys hanging their nooses up. If he hears anything else about it, he can make their lives go away with the stroke of his pen.”

On a Friday night, Robert Bailey, a 17-year-old Black student and football player, was invited to a dance at the “Fair Barn,” a hall considered to be “white.” When he walked in, without warning he was punched in the face, knocked on the ground and attacked by a group of white youth. Only one of the white youth was arrested—he was ultimately given probation and asked to apologize.

The night after that, a 22-year-old white man, along with two friends, pulled a gun on Bailey and two of his friends at a local gas station. The Black youths wrestled the gun from him to prevent him from using it. They were arrested and charged with theft, and the white man went free. The following Monday students returned to school. It was then that a fight broke out that sent one white student to the hospital. He was treated, released, and seen at a social event that evening. In contrast to how the authorities handled the assault on Robert Bailey by white students – where one white student got probation and apologized – for this incident, six Black students face serious criminal charges and decades in jail.

Marcus Jones told me what happened: “The next day, when they get back to school, the Barker boy called one of them a ‘*bleep*.’ We have a statement from a white kid, saying that he was right there when he called him ‘*bleep* boy’ or something like that. They charged them with second-degree attempted murder and conspiracy to commit second-degree attempted murder. Alright, the boy was knocked unconscious. But by the time they called for the medic to get there, he was walking. They took him to the hospital. He don’t stay in there probably no more than an hour, tops. They released him, parents come to the hospital to get him, everything, took like a whole hour. Later on that evening, they held the ring ceremony, you know where they get their rings—he comes up there all fine and dandy. He had a little black eye, little bruise on his lip, you know, but he wasn’t nowhere close to no death. He laughed and talked with everyone up there, and everything.”

Justin Barker was allegedly knocked down, punched, and kicked by a number of Black students. In December of 2006 six Black students—Robert Bailey Junior, Theo Shaw, Carwin Jones, Bryant Purvis, Mychal Bell, and a still unidentified minor, allegedly the attackers of Justin Barker—were arrested, charged with attempted second degree manslaughter, and expelled from school.

The outrageously high bail ranged from $70,000-$138,000, leaving most of them stuck in jail for months. Mychal was 16 years old at the time he was arrested, the judge removed him from the juvenile facilities and brought him to the Jena Parish jail to charge him as an adult.

I can't believe this is real. How is this story not on every major news network? Of course, if it were false charges by a black stripper against some white college boys, the press would be all over it.

This implies that stories considered racist against black people aren't all over the media to begin with. I see more bullshit accusations of racism to white people in the media then black people. That's a fact.

But in relation to the story, if it's true, I'm surprised something genuinely racist isn't picked up by people like Al Sharpton, only the majority of bullshit ones are.

But I don't have much belief it's true consider a) It isn't in the media, and b) The site doesn't appear to be a valid source.

By the way DVC, as far as the Duke incident goes, everyone was pissing racism out of their mouths when they thought the hooker was telling the truth, so why bring it up?

Last edited by Don Vercetti; 07/25/07 06:23 PM.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Wow [Re: Don Vercetti] #419162
07/25/07 09:22 PM
07/25/07 09:22 PM
Underboss
Underboss
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=Bryant+Purvis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/this_world/6685441.stm

BBC video

It's definitely true. It isn't in the media because America's corporate media sucks. They don't cover this shit because they know it would cause outrage in all the wrong places.

And if you don't think racism against blacks still greatly exists in this country, then you're an ignorant fool. And if you think racism against white people is more rampant than racism against blacks...well, may god help you because you're an idiot beyond words.

And all the energy you use towards defending white people accused of racism, and attacking black people who are racist really worries me Vercetti. Honestly, you sound like a bitter old republican. You should stop regurgitating what your parents tell you and develop your own opinion some time. Not once have I seen you make a post where you're against racism towards blacks; it's all about defending white people with you. This story should outrage you, but it doesn't. Instead, you question its validity. That's a problem.

Last edited by DonVitoCorleone; 07/25/07 09:26 PM.

Re: Wow [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #419164
07/25/07 09:37 PM
07/25/07 09:37 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
And if you don't think racism against blacks still greatly exists in this country, then you're an ignorant fool. And if you think racism against white people is more rampant than racism against blacks...well, may god help you because you're an idiot beyond words.

I agree with this in general.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Wow [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #419178
07/25/07 09:52 PM
07/25/07 09:52 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
And if you don't think racism against blacks still greatly exists in this country, then you're an ignorant fool.

Where did I say this? Don't belittle me.

Quote:
And if you think racism against white people is more rampant than racism against blacks...well, may god help you because you're an idiot beyond words.

In the media, it is buddy. When a black man is accused of a crime that he's innocent of for example, it's an outrage. There was a story of a white man tortured by white police for a crime a black man did a while ago. He was tortured in the South of all parts of the country to confess for the crime. It was hardly covered, just a minor segment in some TV show. Look at the shit Carlos Mencia gets away with saying while Don Imus is destroyed for what he says. Not to say Imus wasn't wrong, but his backlash is far more severe. Actually, Mencia doesn't get backlash aside minor hate mail.

Quote:
And all the energy you use towards defending white people accused of racism, and attacking black people who are racist really worries me Vercetti. Honestly, you sound like a bitter old republican. You should stop regurgitating what your parents tell you and develop your own opinion some time.

Don't assume what my parents taught me. I have a lot of energy for defending white people because I live and I look around and see that for the most part it's impossible for minorities to be called racist aside extreme cases. I could get expelled for saying "nigga" but I can be called a cracker or "white piece of bread" by whoever is so inclined to say so? Give me a fucking break. The fact is the majority of minority racism is accepted because it's easy for anyone willing to punish to be called racist. This is why cops automatically begin an investigation of a white on black crime as a fucking hate crime. Grow up and open your eyes. Sure, black people are subject to racism just like anyone else, and it does disgust me.

But do you wanna know what disgusts me even more? Double standards. It's not racism, it's having a little dignity. Don't even begin to tell me the media doesn't heavily cover white on black racism more then black on white racism. I can't name ten news stories where that was the case. Hell, I can't name ten where any other minority was accused of racism to white people. But I can name a shitload of stories about racist white people, some deserving of media coverage, and some just fucking bullshit.

DVC, go ask Al Sharpton about how he masterminded the Tawana Brawley controversy just to get something to protest about.

If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house - Al Sharpton

"White people are potential humans - they haven't evolved yet." - Louis Farrakhan

If they were white they wouldn't be defrocked for those quotes.

Getting my point yet?

Last edited by Don Vercetti; 07/25/07 09:56 PM.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Wow [Re: Don Vercetti] #419214
07/25/07 11:41 PM
07/25/07 11:41 PM
Underboss
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Don Vercetti
 Quote:
And if you think racism against white people is more rampant than racism against blacks...well, may god help you because you're an idiot beyond words.

In the media, it is buddy. When a black man is accused of a crime that he's innocent of for example, it's an outrage. There was a story of a white man tortured by white police for a crime a black man did a while ago. He was tortured in the South of all parts of the country to confess for the crime. It was hardly covered, just a minor segment in some TV show.

What are you talking about? When a black man is accused of a crime he's innocent of it's an outrage? What the hell do you think this thread is about? There is no outrage about this story, that's the problem. It's blatant racism, and nobody cares. The media is too busy following Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan around to give a shit.

I don't think that story you mentioned is blatanty racist, or even racist at all. If it were a black man being tortured over a crime a white man did, of course people would accuse the cops of racism. But that's because this country has a history of slavery and segregation that still shows its effects today. I don't blame people for being a little more lenient when white people are being discriminated against, and more outraged when black people are being discriminated against. Not to say it's right, but it's difficult to ignore the past, especially when it's still lingering.

Quote:
Look at the shit Carlos Mencia gets away with saying while Don Imus is destroyed for what he says. Not to say Imus wasn't wrong, but his backlash is far more severe. Actually, Mencia doesn't get backlash aside minor hate mail.

What does Carlos Mencia say that's so offensive? He's not even funny at all by the way, he's just one big joke. He thinks he's being real edgy with this racial stuff, but he comes off as a douche.

I actually don't think Imus did anything wrong at all. I mean, of course it was rude to single out a group of girls who did absolutely nothing wrong and insult their appearance, but honestly...are any of those girls attractive in the least bit? He was just saying what any high school guy might say about an ugly group of girls on a daily basis. "Those are some nappy-headed hoes!" I actually think it's hilarious that a guy as old as Imus said something like that. \:D I'm surprised that the humor of that got lost in all of the racism accusations. I don't even know how his comments were even related to race anyways.

Quote:
 Quote:
And all the energy you use towards defending white people accused of racism, and attacking black people who are racist really worries me Vercetti. Honestly, you sound like a bitter old republican. You should stop regurgitating what your parents tell you and develop your own opinion some time.

Don't assume what my parents taught me. I have a lot of energy for defending white people because I live and I look around and see that for the most part it's impossible for minorities to be called racist aside extreme cases. I could get expelled for saying "nigga" but I can be called a cracker or "white piece of bread" by whoever is so inclined to say so? Give me a fucking break.

Are you serious with this comment? You have no fucking idea what it feels like for a black person to be called the 'N' word. Neither do I, and that's why I would never say it around them. Not only do you insult them, but you're insulting their ancestors too. Like I said; history. There is no history of white people being held slave by rich black men, and being called "cracker" or "white piece of bread." If you're honestly offended by that, get some thicker skin for fuck sakes. People call me A-rab all the time, and I don't become angered in the least bit; in fact, I use the term "A-rab." It's just a word; there's no history behind it.

Quote:
The fact is the majority of minority racism is accepted because it's easy for anyone willing to punish to be called racist.

Not true man. Black kids in my high school always used to get punished for breaking rules, and never were there any accusations of racism, ever. I deal with black people all day everyday at work, and not one of them has ever said a word about racism. In fact, a lot of black people get called ni**ers right to their faces, and don't even complain about it. Not to mention most of the white cops in Detroit are openly racist.

Quote:
This is why cops automatically begin an investigation of a white on black crime as a fucking hate crime.

I don't like the term "hate crime" either. That's dumb.

Quote:
But do you wanna know what disgusts me even more? Double standards. It's not racism, it's having a little dignity. Don't even begin to tell me the media doesn't heavily cover white on black racism more then black on white racism. I can't name ten news stories where that was the case. Hell, I can't name ten where any other minority was accused of racism to white people. But I can name a shitload of stories about racist white people, some deserving of media coverage, and some just fucking bullshit.

Read what I posted earlier in this thread; you can't blame people for that. It's all about history and how it affects the present. I agree there's a lot of double standards in the media, but have you ever wondered why that is?

Last edited by DonVitoCorleone; 07/25/07 11:43 PM.

Re: Wow [Re: Don Vercetti] #419216
07/25/07 11:44 PM
07/25/07 11:44 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Originally Posted By: Don Vercetti
(anything)

\:o!!

I haven't read your diatribe(s) yet, but nice to see you popping in here...!

Last edited by J Geoff; 07/26/07 01:04 AM.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Wow [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #419224
07/26/07 12:17 AM
07/26/07 12:17 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I'm not saying that first story about the tortured white man is racist itself, all I'm saying is if he was black, it would have a lot more coverage then a small segment on a tv show.

As far as the past goes, every race has been in slavery at one point. Jews have had it equally as bad or even worse. I'm sick of people acting like black people are the only people who've experienced slavery or racism. I empathize, but there's only so much you can do after so many years. Racism will never go away, and all of it doesn't come from parents either, despite what some may say. It's life.

What angers me is that when society thinks of racism, it's assumed as a white thing. It's easier to buy a white person as racist compared to a minority. And no matter what you say, white people in society are held under a huge microscope over what is said and done, and the race card is always the closest from falling out of the deck. I resent that. I don't know about your school but thats the way it is where I live. This particular white tree story is shocking in it's lack of coverage, but that's why I am wary about believing it. It's a rare example.

I don't like the term hate crime either, as opposed to a loving crime, but it's the point of the situation. Being automatically consider pre-investigation as a hate-crime? That's ridiculous and racism itself. Carlos Mencia's quality of humor is irrelevant, the point is if he was white his show wouldn't last past the first season with what was said. More white entertainers are being ostracized for racism then others.

And please, do not bring up the arguement "You don't know what it's like for a black person to be called ni**er." Racial slurs are racial slurs. I don't place any more enphasis on it then cracker, sp*c, gook, or whatever. This isn't Affirmative Action for vocabulary. Basically you're inferring that I can't possibly be insulted as much as a black person.

Quote:
I don't blame people for being a little more lenient when white people are being discriminated against, and more outraged when black people are being discriminated against. Not to say it's right, but it's difficult to ignore the past, especially when it's still lingering.

That's my entire point. It isn't right. It's society. The black victim gets more coverage then the white victim of racism. Like I said, people can't believe that black people are capable of "hate-crimes" or racism. Look back to the quotes I posted and the whole Sharpton controversy. It's all bullshit. Farrakhan can admit he wants white people to be destroyed, and he's left alone. If it was a white Catholic leader, he'd be defrocked/sued/fined within a few weeks time. In my eyes it's as if white people are expected to carry guilt from the past. I don't recall Dr. King dreaming about that. He wanted peace and equality, not constant scrutiny over one race in the field of racism.

I don't remember seeing these guys in the media that much. Be honest DVC, have you on the news? Granted the latter is on C-SPAN, but I don't recall any major outrage over his plan.

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=285355

http://www.break.com/index/double_standard.html

Last edited by Don Vercetti; 07/26/07 12:20 AM.

Re: Wow [Re: Don Vercetti] #419226
07/26/07 12:55 AM
07/26/07 12:55 AM
Underboss
Underboss
...and there aren't white people congregating and talking about how black people should be eliminated? There's a little thing called the Ku Klux Klan you know.

Also, working in a gas station that's located on 12 Mile (right between 8 Mile and 16 Mile, 8 Mile being the ghetto, and 16 Mile, where I live, being the middle-class of Detroit), 7 days a week allows me to interact with many different people on a daily basis. And while a large number of white people have gone on ni**er-hating rants right in front of me, I have yet to see a black person even remotely hint at hating white people.

I think we agree on the fact that everything should be fair as far as racism goes though, and that the media in this country sucks. I'm sure everybody agrees that MLK had the right idea, and as long as citizens keep trying to do the right thing by their own judgment, we'll be fine as a nation.

I also think everybody should shut the fuck up and listen to Neil Young.

Last edited by DonVitoCorleone; 07/26/07 12:56 AM.

Re: Wow [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #419227
07/26/07 01:01 AM
07/26/07 01:01 AM
Detroit
ap_capone48101 Offline
Arsenal for the Double
ap_capone48101  Offline
Arsenal for the Double
Capo
Detroit
Also, working in a gas station that's located on 12 Mile (right between 8 Mile and 16 Mile, 8 Mile being the ghetto, and 16 Mile, where I live, being the middle-class of Detroit), 7 days a week allows me to interact with many different people on a daily basis. And while a large number of white people have gone on ni**er-hating rants right in front of me, I have yet to see a black person even remotely hint at hating white people.
Weird, I get just the opposite. Where I'm at black people are far more racist then white people.

Re: Wow [Re: ap_capone48101] #419308
07/26/07 11:42 AM
07/26/07 11:42 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Who's talking about the KKK? I'm talking about alleged spiritual leaders and entertainers.

But if you're gonna bring up the KKK I'll bring up the New Black Panthers. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been involved in hate-crimes against white people.

Go watch the video of Malik Shabazz talking about the Duke controversy with Michelle Malkin. He says "I said they were guilty, not necessarily guilty of rape." And when he can't explain himself without sounding like a moron he calls Malkin a whore for Bill O'Reilly. He talks about black women raped by white men, well what about white women raped by black men?

And the best part is how fast he stammers when he's asked if he's protecting Mangum. But of course it was the white lawyer Nifong's fault.

My bottom line point. White people are to hold the guilt of the recent past for eternity while being held under a microscope of scrutiny in what we say and do. That's a fact DVC.

As for not hearing racism or accusations of racism from black people, going off of the people who come in a gas station isn't the best way in the world, go look around. Hell, a few months ago I got into a huge arguement with a black guy I know over the Michael Richards controversy compared to other incidents. The ending of this arguement from his side was "White people don't have the right to say ni**er, but after all we've been through we should be able to say cracker."

"All we've been through." This is coming from a 16 year old kid who was never in slavery. Give me a break.

Last edited by Don Vercetti; 07/26/07 11:43 AM.

Re: Wow [Re: Don Vercetti] #419311
07/26/07 12:10 PM
07/26/07 12:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I tend to agree with Don Vercetti about a 16 year old kid being so outspoken about a time and place in which he did not live.

However, two wrongs never make a right. The topic of this thread was Mychal Bell, and it seems a horrible injustice was done to him. Let's just hope it gets overturned.

Re: Wow [Re: Don Vercetti] #419413
07/26/07 04:42 PM
07/26/07 04:42 PM
Northeast
reynols Offline
Underboss
reynols  Offline
Underboss
Northeast
[/quote]Don Vercetti

But in relation to the story, if it's true, I'm surprised something genuinely racist isn't picked up by people like Al Sharpton, only the majority of bullshit ones are.

[/quote]

if the story ever did get big, you better believe sharpton will be all over that if he knows he can make money and get some more attention for his radio show.

Last edited by reynols; 07/26/07 04:42 PM.

Time You Enjoy Wasting, was not wasted - John Lennon

A man who nevers spends time with his family can never be a real man - Don Vito Corleone
Re: Wow [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #419453
07/26/07 10:29 PM
07/26/07 10:29 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

To make some light out of this discussion, here's a very funny video of two black guys mocking Kamau Kambom or whatever his name is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LntLm3-7dvo&NR=1

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull