GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 541 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,584
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: Ice] #400631
06/11/07 03:50 PM
06/11/07 03:50 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
The Sopranos

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: Don Cardi] #400639
06/11/07 04:05 PM
06/11/07 04:05 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
The Sopranos

No doubt about it.

Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: Ice] #400726
06/11/07 07:47 PM
06/11/07 07:47 PM
Ottawa, Canada
HeldtheHand Offline
BANNED
HeldtheHand  Offline
BANNED
Wiseguy
Ottawa, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Ice
SEINFELD'S finale was sheer genius, imo. Bringing back all of the show's major characters was just tooo unique. Sure the jail thing was fantasy-like and just plain stupid but that IS actually what the show became after Larry David left. The later/post-David episodes were REALLY hokey and just plain dumb. Such as...the episode where Kramer gets a screen door and thinks he's living in ANYTOWN, USA. That is NOT vintage SEINFELD.

However, David came back and helped write the finale. It still had that ridiculous fantasy-touch that Jerry put on it but I think it was David's idea to bring back almost ALL of the show's major characters. It was sheer BRILLIANCE and CREATIVITY.

seinfeld will never be surpassed as the greatest television show of all time.
the last bit of conversation between Jerry and George 'the button conversation' (having the exact same conversation as the first bit of dialouge in the first episode) and then aknowledging it ("havent we already had this conversation before?") was just brilliant.

Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: HeldtheHand] #400926
06/12/07 04:22 AM
06/12/07 04:22 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: HeldtheHand
SEINFELD'S finale was sheer genius, imo. Bringing back all of the show's major characters was just tooo unique. Sure the jail thing was fantasy-like and just plain stupid but that IS actually what the show became after Larry David left. The later/post-David episodes were REALLY hokey and just plain dumb. Such as...the episode where Kramer gets a screen door and thinks he's living in ANYTOWN, USA. That is NOT vintage SEINFELD.

However, David came back and helped write the finale. It still had that ridiculous fantasy-touch that Jerry put on it but I think it was David's idea to bring back almost ALL of the show's major characters. It was sheer BRILLIANCE and CREATIVITY.

seinfeld will never be surpassed as the greatest television show of all time.
the last bit of conversation between Jerry and George 'the button conversation' (having the exact same conversation as the first bit of dialouge in the first episode) and then aknowledging it ("havent we already had this conversation before?") was just brilliant.

The "shirt-button" is yet another everyday occurrence that we can all relate to. The show is based on these everyday occurrences in our lives and that's why we the audience love the show so much, it's like watching ourselves on screen.

I have given away bags of shirts to Goodwill b/c of the location of those pesky first buttons.. \:\/

Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: Ice] #400936
06/12/07 08:11 AM
06/12/07 08:11 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA

I agree that the show dropped off in quality when Larry David left. I think the finale had elements of the good stuff that David brought, but my gripe was that the storyline was just lame. Maybe it was the prosecutor and Geraldo.

Now that I think about it, if they would have made that story into a 30 minute episode, it would have been a lot better. Quoting one of the earliest episodes from one of Jerry's girlfriends, "it was too much fluff."

Going back to earlier post about the last MASH, I thought it sucked because they made Hawkeye go insane for the last few weeks of the show. He was under Dr. Sidney Freidman's care after witnessing a mother smother her child. I know MASH had some serious episodes, but I thought this storyline was too far over the top.

Then the ultimate irony occurred in which Klinger did not leave Korea because he was helping his new Korean wife find her family.

Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: goombah] #400982
06/12/07 10:30 AM
06/12/07 10:30 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: goombah

Then the ultimate irony occurred in which Klinger did not leave Korea because he was helping his new Korean wife find her family.

Wasn't there a MASH spin-off with some of the supporting actors? I vaguely recall it, but believe it didn't last more than one season. I don't think I ever watched an episode.

For the MASH finale, was there another big tv event that was broadcast at the same time. I know I didn't watch either, and forget what I was doing that night instead. While I wasn't a die-hard fan of the show, I still would have caught the final episode if I didn't have something to do.

Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: klydon1] #400988
06/12/07 10:50 AM
06/12/07 10:50 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
AFTERMASH lasted about a season and a half.

Several of the characters ended up working at the same VA hospital (what are the odds?)

God, I remember watching like it was yesterday. For the hell of it, I just looked it up. The last MASH aired on February 28th, 1983, almost 25 years ago!

Talk about ratings? Because cable was a relatively new phenomenon for a large part of the country, the competition was not as tough. That record CAN'T ever be broken.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: klydon1] #400989
06/12/07 10:52 AM
06/12/07 10:52 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Yes, there was an awful show called "After MASH." It had Col. Potter, Klinger, and perhaps Father Malcahey.

I can't remember if this was the tv event to which you are referring, but near that time was a week-long mini-series called "V," which was about aliens who came to earth appearing to be peaceful, but who were planning to use humans as their own food. One of the Visitors was played by the actor who later appeared in "Seinfeld" as George's Yankees boss, Mr. Wilhelm.

Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: goombah] #401001
06/12/07 11:22 AM
06/12/07 11:22 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: goombah
Yes, there was an awful show called "After MASH." It had Col. Potter, Klinger, and perhaps Father Malcahey.

I can't remember if this was the tv event to which you are referring, but near that time was a week-long mini-series called "V," which was about aliens who came to earth appearing to be peaceful, but who were planning to use humans as their own food. One of the Visitors was played by the actor who later appeared in "Seinfeld" as George's Yankees boss, Mr. Wilhelm.

That might be it. I was thinking maybe of a sporting event, but there was no big sporting event in February.

Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: klydon1] #401021
06/12/07 12:20 PM
06/12/07 12:20 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Man, V was fucking huge for its time...and actually good.

But the TV show sucked.

Re: The Best TV Season Finales [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #401043
06/12/07 12:44 PM
06/12/07 12:44 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Man, V was fucking huge for its time...and actually good.

But the TV show sucked.

I agree on both counts - the miniseries was very interesting. They hyped the hell out of the miniseries. Every once in awhile it is shown.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull