GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Toodoped, m2w, Ciment, 1 invisible), 497 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,974
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
"Death... Natural or not..." #391761
05/08/07 11:58 PM
05/08/07 11:58 PM
ScarFather Offline OP
Capo
ScarFather  Offline OP
Capo
When Johnny Ola meets with Michael... well first of all he brings that damn orange LOL..

He tells Michael "One by one our old friends are gone... death.. natural or not"... he looks at Michael... is he trying to tell him something... like, We know... about Moe and other families and you are gonna pay.... you just dont know it

"What I want.... whats most important to me... is that I have a guarantee" - Train approaches.... Bang! Bang! Bang!
Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: ScarFather] #391762
05/09/07 12:32 AM
05/09/07 12:32 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
No, he's just conversing. He's a little forlorn like anyone would be over having lost so many acquaintences or friends.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: olivant] #391774
05/09/07 08:00 AM
05/09/07 08:00 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Ola's bringing the orange to Michael symbolized that he was representing Hyman Roth from Miami Florida, sort of symbolizing a friendly gesture to Michael on Roth's behalf.

I don't know where you are from Scarfather, but oranges are grown in the state of Florida and it has been a tradition that many Floridians send oranges to their out of state friends.

However, Ola brings Michael that orange and then that evening a hit attempt is made on Michael's life. We later learn that Roth was behind that hit attempt.

So the orange brought by Ola in that scene surely had a double meaning.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Don Cardi] #391781
05/09/07 09:27 AM
05/09/07 09:27 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I always thought that the phrase "...natural or otherwise..." was really droll--a condition of the business they've chosen. ;\)

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: olivant] #391783
05/09/07 09:50 AM
05/09/07 09:50 AM
ScarFather Offline OP
Capo
ScarFather  Offline OP
Capo
 Originally Posted By: olivant
No, he's just conversing. He's a little forlorn like anyone would be over having lost so many acquaintences or friends.

Hey.. I am just a newbie on here and although I am a GF fanatic... I am sure there are alot of fanatics that know more than me abou the stories etc....

My question to you is... how could you just say "no, he's just conversing" - do you know this for a fact or is that you opinion? if so... it should be prefaced with IMO - correct? otherwise please tell how you know for sure. Because later when Roth tells of Moe Green being killed(he could be talking about all the hits on all the families)... so that would lead me to believe that Ola knew as Roth knew...

"What I want.... whats most important to me... is that I have a guarantee" - Train approaches.... Bang! Bang! Bang!
Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Don Cardi] #391784
05/09/07 09:53 AM
05/09/07 09:53 AM
ScarFather Offline OP
Capo
ScarFather  Offline OP
Capo
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Ola's bringing the orange to Michael symbolized that he was representing Hyman Roth from Miami Florida, sort of symbolizing a friendly gesture to Michael on Roth's behalf.

I don't know where you are from Scarfather, but oranges are grown in the state of Florida and it has been a tradition that many Floridians send oranges to their out of state friends.

However, Ola brings Michael that orange and then that evening a hit attempt is made on Michael's life. We later learn that Roth was behind that hit attempt.

I am from NY. Going to Florida in a few weeks. \:\)
It is well known that oranges symbolize some sort of tragedy(usually death) so I would think it is more one sided than bringing oranges from Fl just because they are grown there. I believe that Roth sent Ola to tell Michael that all is well with the move and agree to everything because Ola knows whats coming later

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: ScarFather] #391820
05/09/07 12:28 PM
05/09/07 12:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: ScarFather

It is well known that oranges symbolize some sort of tragedy(usually death) so I would think it is more one sided than bringing oranges from Fl just because they are grown there. I believe that Roth sent Ola to tell Michael that all is well with the move and agree to everything because Ola knows whats coming later

When you say that it's well known that oranges are symbolic of death, you are speaking within the Godfather trilogy, correct ? If you are, yes, it's very well known on these boards that the orange became an almost inside joke among Coppola and the Godfather film crew.

Have you read THE GODFATHER LEGACY by Harlan Lebo ? It goes into the orange symbolism in some detail. It's also the definitive book on the trilogy itself.

Last edited by pizzaboy; 05/09/07 12:28 PM.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: ScarFather] #391822
05/09/07 12:32 PM
05/09/07 12:32 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
The Last Woltz Offline
Underboss
The Last Woltz  Offline
Underboss
Pittsburgh, PA

Right, the orange has a double meaning, as DC points out. On the surface, it represents Florida resident Roth. On a symbolic level, it foreshadows the hit attempt on Michael, and the ensuing bloodshed. And I agree with your theory that Roth/Ola goes along with Michael's plan in order to dupe Michael into a false sense of security.

My question to you is... how could you just say "no, he's just conversing" - do you know this for a fact or is that you opinion? if so... it should be prefaced with IMO - correct? otherwise please tell how you know for sure. Because later when Roth tells of Moe Green being killed(he could be talking about all the hits on all the families)... so that would lead me to believe that Ola knew as Roth knew...

I think it is generally assumed that we are expressing our opinions here. Prefacing with IMO is not necessary.

My opinion is that Ola is not making any kind of threat or veiled reference here. True, Roth does make a threatening reference to the Moe Greene assassination later, but his demeanor is totally different, as is the context. Threatening Michael at this point would work against Roth's plan to make Michael believe that they are friends, and that Michael is his successor.

Rather, I think Ola is just wistfully reflecting on the past. I think that's one of the major sub-themes of the Trilogy - the almost reverent remebrances of "the old days."

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"
Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Turnbull] #391823
05/09/07 01:11 PM
05/09/07 01:11 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I always thought that the phrase "...natural or otherwise..." was really droll--a condition of the business they've chosen. ;\)

Ditto.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Double-J] #391834
05/09/07 02:14 PM
05/09/07 02:14 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

This is off the subject, but I still don't understand how it is that Fredo could say he never met Johnny Ola and be credible.
When Johnny greets Michael he comments that he remembers Tom Hagen from "the old days" in New York. Additionally Fredo spend a lot of time in Vegas with Moe Green, a close associate of Hyman Roth. How could it be he never met Ola through Green?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: dontomasso] #391850
05/09/07 02:54 PM
05/09/07 02:54 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
That's a good ?, Don T. For one thing, Genco would have been at Vito's side for those old get togethers in New York, not Tom.

It's also possible that he had to train Tom for quite a time, therefore, Tom would have started accompanying Vito and Genco and could have met Johnny then.

Of course, Fredo was at home playing w/ dolls or something, I'm sure.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: dontomasso] #391853
05/09/07 03:03 PM
05/09/07 03:03 PM
Huntsville, AL
FrankWhite Offline
Capo
FrankWhite  Offline
Capo
Huntsville, AL
 Originally Posted By: dontomasso
This is off the subject, but I still don't understand how it is that Fredo could say he never met Johnny Ola and be credible.
When Johnny greets Michael he comments that he remembers Tom Hagen from "the old days" in New York. Additionally Fredo spend a lot of time in Vegas with Moe Green, a close associate of Hyman Roth. How could it be he never met Ola through Green?

Exactly DT. If you watch Mike's expression when he says this, then you'll see it kinda "rose his antenae" so to speak.

"From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn." (King of New York)
Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Ice] #391857
05/09/07 03:14 PM
05/09/07 03:14 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Ice

No, Vito took Fredo to important meetings (Fredo was there for the Solozzo meeting, and unlike Sonny he knew enough (or knew too little) to run his mouth. No way Vito would not have introduced his son and his future consigliere to Ola.
Even Pentangeli seems to know a lot about the history between Vito and Roth when he says ...your father did business with him he respected him but he never trusted him. Did everyone meet Ola except Fredo? Was Fredo that stupid to tell Mike he never met him?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: dontomasso] #391859
05/09/07 03:23 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss

No, Vito took Fredo to important meetings (Fredo was there for the Solozzo meeting, and unlike Sonny he knew enough (or knew too little) to run his mouth. No way Vito would not have introduced his son and his future consigliere to Ola.
Even Pentangeli seems to know a lot about the history between Vito and Roth when he says ...your father did business with him he respected him but he never trusted him. Did everyone meet Ola except Fredo? Was Fredo that stupid to tell Mike he never met him?

Think about the wedding scene when Barzini shakes Sonny's had and nods to Fredo. Fredo was an outsider when it came to business.

And just b/c Vito took Fredo to the Sollozo meeting does not mean he would have involved him in business dealing w/ Johnny Ola. Vito would have conducted hundreds/thousands of meetings. Fredo would not be there for all of them. HOWEVER, Tom as consig probably WOULD have been there for a great deal of them. Even if he was in training mode.

Last edited by Ice; 05/09/07 03:24 PM.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: dontomasso] #391860
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I agree with FrankWhite: Michael definitely has a probing look on his face when he says to Fredo, "I don't think you know Johnny Ola," as if it were a test. Fredo looks away.
dt, you're right: it's highly unlikely that Fredo wouldn't have run into Ola during his years in Vegas.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Turnbull] #391861
05/09/07 03:28 PM
05/09/07 03:28 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss

dt, you're right: it's highly unlikely that Fredo wouldn't have run into Ola during his years in Vegas.

Do we think Michael is naive for believing that Fredo never bumped into Johnny in Vegas?

Last edited by Ice; 05/09/07 03:34 PM.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Ice] #391862
05/09/07 04:06 PM
05/09/07 04:06 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Do we think Michael is naive for believing that Fredo never bumped into Johnny in Vegas?

I can see Fredo being stupid enough to say he never met Ola, but Ola also does it at the night club when he makes a point to say they never met. It would seem more reasonable a plot line for Mike to have asked "Have you seen Johnny Ola since the old days in New York?"

Could be a plot flaw

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: dontomasso] #391879
05/09/07 05:49 PM
05/09/07 05:49 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
I think the I remember Tom from the old days is an example of Roth/Ola trying to play on Mike's sympathies for the old days of when his father was alive.

Something that Roth will do time and time again.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Ice] #391880
05/09/07 06:14 PM
05/09/07 06:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I think the I remember Tom from the old days is an example of Roth/Ola trying to play on Mike's sympathies for the old days of when his father was alive.

I think it's just an off-hand expression just like the one about Ola made about losing so many acquaintenances over the years to death. I don't read anything into it.

Also, both Vito and Michael knew Fredo's shortcomings and probably kept himout of alot of family business.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: olivant] #391884
05/09/07 07:41 PM
05/09/07 07:41 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss

I think it's just an off-hand expression just like the one about Ola made about losing so many acquaintenances over the years to death. I don't read anything into it.

Also, both Vito and Michael knew Fredo's shortcomings and probably kept himout of alot of family business.

I don't see your logic. Ola was making a joke, yes. But....

During the ENTIRE movie Roth tries to play on Mike's sympathies for the old.

My logic flows as follows.....

"Not even your father would dream that such a thing could be possible. "

"We were running molasses out of Havana when you were a baby -- the trucks, owned by your father."

"Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran molasses into Canada -- made a fortune -- your father, too."

Now, Roth doesn't have a lot of lines but the few he does tend to focus on Mike's dead, old father.

So...I'll assume that ol' Johnny is trying to do the same when he says...sure, I remember Tom from the OLD days.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Ice] #391886
05/09/07 07:52 PM
05/09/07 07:52 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Well, obviously, since Al had to introduce himself to Ola, Ola must not have been around recently. Al has been around since the massacre of the family heads in '55, probably even earlier. Now it's 58 - at least three years later and Ola has not met Al in the meantime which means he probably has not met with Tom or Mike in the meantime either. So, it makes perfect sense that Ola dealt with Tom back in the old days, notsince, and would make the comment he made.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: olivant] #391887
05/09/07 07:57 PM
05/09/07 07:57 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Well, obviously, since Al had to introduce himself to Ola,

Great pt.

I don't think Johnny was a regular in the Corleone household if he's just now introducing himself to Al. It's very feasible that he and Fredo had only met in passing.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: olivant] #391892
05/09/07 08:33 PM
05/09/07 08:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Well, obviously, since Al had to introduce himself to Ola, Ola must not have been around recently. Al has been around since the massacre of the family heads in '55, probably even earlier. Now it's 58 - at least three years later and Ola has not met Al in the meantime which means he probably has not met with Tom or Mike in the meantime either. So, it makes perfect sense that Ola dealt with Tom back in the old days, not since, and would make the comment he made.

I agree with Olivant here. It is highly unlikely, as a matter of fact, not likely at all that Michael, Ola and Roth had been in each other's company since the great massacre which means that Ola had never met Neri before coming to Michael's home in Nevada.

MICHAEL : Sit down. You know my lawyer, TOM HAGEN -- JOHNNY OLA.

JOHNNY OLA : Sure, I remember TOM from the old days.

And even if Tom was NOT Vito's consigliere in the old days when Genco was still around, Tom was being trained by Vito and therefore would have been involved in some of those meetings when they were doing business together.

As for Fredo, I believe that Turnbull and I had this same exact discussion a while back. Fredo would have had to have met Ola while he was in Vegas under Moe Green. Ola was Roth's sicilian messenger boy and it's very likely that he interacted with Moe Green many times on behalf of Hyman Roth.

It may have played better if Fredo, in the boathouse scene, had said to Mike : JOHNNY OLA bumped into me in Las Vegas -- and he said that he wanted to talk... instead of saying that he bumped into him in Beverly Hills. ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Don Cardi] #391904
05/09/07 09:31 PM
05/09/07 09:31 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss

It may have played better if Fredo, in the boathouse scene, had said to Mike : JOHNNY OLA bumped into me in Las Vegas -- and he said that he wanted to talk... instead of saying that he bumped into him in Beverly Hills. ;\)

Beverly Hills IS where they bumped into each other. I don't think that Fredo is lying about that. He's some pretty sincere in that scene IMO.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Ice] #391906
05/09/07 09:35 PM
05/09/07 09:35 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Beverly Hills IS where they bumped into each other. I don't think that Fredo is lying about that. He's some pretty sincere in that scene IMO.

It was an attempt at humor on my part. Fredo going to Vegas to learn the casino business? Now our talking about it being highly likely that Fredo had met Ola years before through Green while under him in Las Vegas? Hence I bumped into him in las Vegas. ;\) Maybe FFC should have used Las Vegas instead of Beverly Hills. ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Don Cardi] #391907
05/09/07 09:52 PM
05/09/07 09:52 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss

It was an attempt at humor on my part. Fredo going to Vegas to learn the casino business? Now our talking about it being highly likely that Fredo had met Ola years before through Green while under him in Las Vegas? Hence I bumped into him in las Vegas. ;\) Maybe FFC should have used Las Vegas instead of Beverly Hills. ;\)

Fine, maybe the two met in Vegas. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. It's certainly not a given that the two met in Sin-City. If they did it may have only been in casual passing. Freddie had a COUPLE of other things on his mind. ;\)

However, we do know that the "bump" happened in Beverly Hills. That's where the Roth stuff went down.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: pizzaboy] #391923
05/10/07 12:10 AM
05/10/07 12:10 AM
ScarFather Offline OP
Capo
ScarFather  Offline OP
Capo
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

When you say that it's well known that oranges are symbolic of death, you are speaking within the Godfather trilogy, correct ? If you are, yes, it's very well known on these boards that the orange became an almost inside joke among Coppola and the Godfather film crew.

Have you read THE GODFATHER LEGACY by Harlan Lebo ? It goes into the orange symbolism in some detail. It's also the definitive book on the trilogy itself.

Thanks... I will look into it...

Its funny... I am watching GF2 now and just realized that when Michael asks "whats this" (the orange)... Mike takes it from Rocco and then gives it right back... Rocco dies at the end... LOL... good thing Michael gave it back

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: FrankWhite] #391924
05/10/07 12:21 AM
05/10/07 12:21 AM
ScarFather Offline OP
Capo
ScarFather  Offline OP
Capo
 Originally Posted By: FrankWhite

Exactly DT. If you watch Mike's expression when he says this, then you'll see it kinda "rose his antenae" so to speak.

Fredo denies meeting Ola twice.

First when he brings Michael the 2 million. When Michael says "Johnny Ola" he quickly snaps a glance over at Fredo to see reaction.

Second when he asks again at New Years Eve party. Michael again see's awkwardness with Fredo expressions and bod movements.

So if he denied it the first time HE HAD TO DENY it the Second time.

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: ScarFather] #392004
05/10/07 11:39 AM
05/10/07 11:39 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Fredo denies meeting Ola twice.

First when he brings Michael the 2 million. When Michael says "Johnny Ola" he quickly snaps a glance over at Fredo to see reaction.

I agree there, too: definitely a probing look, much like the one he gave Fredo in the nightclub.
In fact, I believe Michael had laminated motives in bringing Fredo to Havana:
Michael knew that, as long as he kept stringing Roth along on the $2 million, he'd buy time to find the identity of the traitor in his family. That's why he didn't bring the money with him to Havana. He needed somebody to ferry the money to him. He couldn't use Tom because he needed him to run the family in Tahoe. He didn't bring Neri or Rocco because, as he told Tom before he left, "Our people are businessmen--their loyalty is based on that." That left Fredo.

But I think there was more to it than Fredo simply being the most convenient messenger-boy:

Michael was genuinely devastated by Fredo's gaffe at the Superman show. But I don't think Michael ever entirely ruled Fredo out. The two Havana "tests" re. having met Ola were part of it. But right after the Tahoe shooting, Michael tells Tom: "Fredo? He's got a good heart, but he's weak and stupid--and this is life and death." That doesn't mean Michael suspected Fredo of treason at that moment, IMO. But it doesn't mean that he'd entirely eliminated Fredo as having a role in the treason. "Weak and stupid" implies that he could be a tool of the plotters, which is just about what Fredo confessed to when he said, "I swear to God I didn't know it was gonna be a hit." (My view is that he did, but that's been the subject of many threads here.)

Re: "Death... Natural or not..." [Re: Turnbull] #392010
05/10/07 11:52 AM
05/10/07 11:52 AM
ScarFather Offline OP
Capo
ScarFather  Offline OP
Capo

I agree there, too: definitely a probing look, much like the one he gave Fredo in the nightclub.
In fact, I believe Michael had laminated motives in bringing Fredo to Havana:
Michael knew that, as long as he kept stringing Roth along on the $2 million, he'd buy time to find the identity of the traitor in his family. That's why he didn't bring the money with him to Havana. He needed somebody to ferry the money to him. He couldn't use Tom because he needed him to run the family in Tahoe. He didn't bring Neri or Rocco because, as he told Tom before he left, "Our people are businessmen--their loyalty is based on that." That left Fredo.

But I think there was more to it than Fredo simply being the most convenient messenger-boy:

Michael was genuinely devastated by Fredo's gaffe at the Superman show. But I don't think Michael ever entirely ruled Fredo out. The two Havana "tests" re. having met Ola were part of it. But right after the Tahoe shooting, Michael tells Tom: "Fredo? He's got a good heart, but he's weak and stupid--and this is life and death." That doesn't mean Michael suspected Fredo of treason at that moment, IMO. But it doesn't mean that he'd entirely eliminated Fredo as having a role in the treason. "Weak and stupid" implies that he could be a tool of the plotters, which is just about what Fredo confessed to when he said, "I swear to God I didn't know it was gonna be a hit." (My view is that he did, but that's been the subject of many threads here.)

Yup... and bringing Fredo makes it look like to Roth and Ola that Michael possibly doesnt suspect Fredo at all. Nice!

Roth waiting on that $2 million cost him the chance to checkmate Michael. Roth could have taken Michael out and won... but he waited too long.

I agree here with you about this "i didnt know it was gonna be a hit"... I believe he did know... but at this point he is trying to get back with his family(ie. Michael) and needs to lie about that. He has too at this point. He knew. Michael looks at him and doesnt believe him or atleast thinks of it as it doesnt matter now... damage is done(trust). Fredo thought he would be recognized as the Head of the Corleone by Roth and others if Michael was out of picture.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull