GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, ChiTown), 251 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,947
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,649
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,541
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,485
Posts1,061,696
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Death of Michael Corleone #26303
04/09/03 05:13 PM
04/09/03 05:13 PM
Taunton,Somerset,England.
Dean Cahill Offline OP
Made Member
Dean Cahill  Offline OP
Made Member
My apologises now to you all if this is a repeated question!! eek
Today i eventually got to see G.F111, and i thought the ending was very moving!!! My question is, what is the beautiful piece of music that plays in chapter 24 as Michael Corleone dies in his chair??, is it on the sound track C.D???? confused .
I would appreciate any info regarding.
Deano..

God Save The Queen
Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26304
04/09/03 05:50 PM
04/09/03 05:50 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
I believe that piece is on the GFIII CD.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26305
04/10/03 02:27 PM
04/10/03 02:27 PM
Dean Cahill Offline OP
Made Member
Dean Cahill  Offline OP
Made Member
Originally posted by Dean Cahill:
My apologises now to you all if this is a repeated question!! eek
Today i eventually got to see G.F111, and i thought the ending was very moving!!! My question is, what is the beautiful piece of music that plays in chapter 24 as Michael Corleone dies in his chair??, is it on the sound track C.D???? confused .
I would appreciate any info regarding.
Deano..
No problem!!! wink I've found it,i had it on a C.D at work!!! It's Mascagni, Intermezzo from.........

Cavalleria rusticana !!!!!! which was the Opera Tony Corleone was performing in!! smile
Deano...
P.S Thanks anyway Paul Pisano smile

God Save The Queen
Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26306
04/10/03 06:33 PM
04/10/03 06:33 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I like that song too myself. And in defense of GF III, I know a lot of people don't like it, and some say it was never made (just trying to ignore it), but to me, the good thing about GF III was that at the end Michael did die. It came full circle & didn't just leave us hanging onto a young Michael in GF II.

Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26307
04/11/03 01:29 PM
04/11/03 01:29 PM
UK
T
the angel of justice Offline
Capo
the angel of justice  Offline
T
Capo
UK
you couldn't be more right, i really liked GFIII and thought it was a good conclusion to the first two films, though it still left me wanting more! I like the music they play when they show michael dancing with appolonia, kay and mary, they play it in raging bull, brings a tear to my eye every time. . .

"Neri, take a train to Rome. Light a candle for the Archbishop." - Vincenzo Corleone

"But if he betrays me your prayers will not be swift enough to catch him on his way to hell." - Salvatore Guiliano
Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26308
04/11/03 04:07 PM
04/11/03 04:07 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Originally posted by Irishman12:
I like that song too myself. And in defense of GF III, I know a lot of people don't like it, and some say it was never made (just trying to ignore it), but to me, the good thing about GF III was that at the end Michael did die. It came full circle & didn't just leave us hanging onto a young Michael in GF II.
I liked GF3 as well.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26309
04/12/03 11:44 AM
04/12/03 11:44 AM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
That beautiful piece of music is: Intermezzo by Mascagni. It is also the same piece played in the intro to the movie Raging Bull, in the opening credits.

Composed and belonging originally to the Sicilian Opera Cavelleria Rusticana. Mascagni wrote it long ago. It's an old piece; or so i believe.

Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26310
04/24/03 10:56 PM
04/24/03 10:56 PM
Tunis/Alcamo/NYC
RosarioAlaia Offline
Wiseguy
RosarioAlaia  Offline
Wiseguy
Tunis/Alcamo/NYC
Yes, the piece was composed in the 1800's by Pietro Mascagni in his opera "Cavalleria Rusticana", or, "Rustic Chivalry". The opera mirrors peasant life in Sicilia and hits the mark in terms of art imitating life. This opera set the stage for the biggest movement in opera known as the Verismo period, or, "truth", opera imitating real life events and emotions. It is a short opera and parts of it are written in sicilian. GF3 is the perfect ending to the saga. It was expertly written and directed, however suubpar Sofia and Andy were (the two had zero chemistry, other than that Andy was okay). If you are familiar with your history you'll notice that the GF films,The Family,The Sicilian were all written around historical events, with the names being changed to protect the assumed.

Like the heart of a lion (Corleone) the warrior dies alone.
Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26311
04/25/03 06:41 PM
04/25/03 06:41 PM
Dean Cahill Offline OP
Made Member
Dean Cahill  Offline OP
Made Member
Originally posted by RosarioAlaia:
Yes, the piece was composed in the 1800's by Pietro Mascagni in his opera "Cavalleria Rusticana", or, "Rustic Chivalry". The opera mirrors peasant life in Sicilia and hits the mark in terms of art imitating life. This opera set the stage for the biggest movement in opera known as the Verismo period, or, "truth", opera imitating real life events and emotions. It is a short opera and parts of it are written in sicilian. GF3 is the perfect ending to the saga. It was expertly written and directed, however suubpar Sofia and Andy were (the two had zero chemistry, other than that Andy was okay). If you are familiar with your history you'll notice that the GF films,The Family,The Sicilian were all written around historical events, with the names being changed to protect the assumed.
Hello and welcome to the boards RosarioAlaia..
Thanks for the info on the above mentioned which is very interesting. I wonder, is this Opera available on DVD????
Deano.. smile

God Save The Queen
Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26312
04/25/03 07:25 PM
04/25/03 07:25 PM
Tunis/Alcamo/NYC
RosarioAlaia Offline
Wiseguy
RosarioAlaia  Offline
Wiseguy
Tunis/Alcamo/NYC
Dino!

Thanks for the welcome. Yes the opera is available on DVD in movie form (meaning hollywood style) however, if you get the Franco Zeffirelli version starring Placido Domingo, you'll find that it was filmed entirely on location in Sicilia. You can get it in a live performance but I do believe that it will be more difficult to find. This opera is usually performed with another great one act verisimo opera entitled "Pagliacci" which takes place in Calabria-the toe of the boot that is kicking Sicilia. The two together makes for great drama and balls to the wall italian singing. The two are almost exclusively packaged together on CD, and if you are compelled to buy it, get it with Mario Del Monaco singing Turiddu in Cavalleria,(Turiddu is Sicilian for Salvatore, also ToTo',Sal,Turi)and Canio (in Pagliacci).

Like the heart of a lion (Corleone) the warrior dies alone.
Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26313
04/28/03 06:54 PM
04/28/03 06:54 PM
Dean Cahill Offline OP
Made Member
Dean Cahill  Offline OP
Made Member
I'll be purchasing A.S.A.P. wink
Thanks. Deano. smile

God Save The Queen
Re: The Death of Michael Corleone #26314
05/12/03 04:07 PM
05/12/03 04:07 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Having just recently watched GF3 for the 2nd time, I must say that I did enjoy it. Comparing it to the first two films is difficult because, upholding their standards, it's not nearly as good. However, it's still a very good film with a complex plot. It is not a film without its flaws. George Hamilton's character is a complete waste. Duvall would have made the film much more engaging -it's too bad they couldn't work out a contract. But I was glad to see the humanity return that Michael had seemingly lost since halfway through GF1. And I really liked the way Kay talked to Michael. My favorite scene was the Atlantic City hit, followed by the ending sequence in the Vatican, London, etc. I thought the ending brought a fitting end to the 3 films. Michael, despite all of his previous power and wealth, died alone & unfulfilled.
Michael: Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Our true enemy has not yet shown his face.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull