GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Liggio), 463 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,896
Members10,349
Most Online992
04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT???" #352963
12/30/06 07:36 AM
12/30/06 07:36 AM
DonVitoCorleone Offline OP
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline OP
Underboss
I think it's clear now that this was the PR statement Bush was looking for since the very beginning. "We went in there, we took down Hussein, and he is now dead." Little did he know that it would cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars and basically many intangible expenditures of the United States' international influence and prestige. Was this worth it, you ape? I'd love to hear his response.

Last edited by DonVitoCorleone; 12/30/06 11:56 AM.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT???" [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #352965
12/30/06 09:00 AM
12/30/06 09:00 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
Was it worth it? Hell no. And I think that now, after Saddam has been held accountable for his role in the death of tens of thousands, I think Bush should be held accountable for the same.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT???" [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #352988
12/30/06 10:35 AM
12/30/06 10:35 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: DonVitoCorleone
...Was this worth it, you ape? I'd love to hear his response.

I'm guessing President Bush doesn't waste much time on the Gangster BB...so I'll step in & respond for him.

First of all, Saddam's execution by no means represents and END to the war on terror. It goes on without him, as it did while he hid out before his capture and for the past 3 years of his imprisonment and trial.

Second, yes it is ALL worth it.

What's most fun about this well-deserved execution than anything is the watching the steady stream of Bush-haters come out and rant with anger as if Saddam being put to death by the Iraqi's NOT the Americans...is in some way a BAD thing.

Carry on

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT???" [Re: AppleOnYa] #352989
12/30/06 10:47 AM
12/30/06 10:47 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
"As American and Iraqi officials met in Baghdad to set the hour of his death, Saddam's lawyers asked a U.S. judge for a stay of execution. It was rejected.

The governments of Yemen and Libya made eleventh hour appeals that Saddam's life be spared."

By CHRISTOPHER TORCHIA AND QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Not the Americans eh?

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT???" [Re: AppleOnYa] #353045
12/30/06 11:57 AM
12/30/06 11:57 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Originally Posted By: DonVitoCorleone
...Was this worth it, you ape? I'd love to hear his response.

I'm guessing President Bush doesn't waste much time on the Gangster BB...so I'll step in & respond for him.

First of all, Saddam's execution by no means represents and END to the war on terror. It goes on without him, as it did while he hid out before his capture and for the past 3 years of his imprisonment and trial.

Second, yes it is ALL worth it.

What's most fun about this well-deserved execution than anything is the watching the steady stream of Bush-haters come out and rant with anger as if Saddam being put to death by the Iraqi's NOT the Americans...is in some way a BAD thing.

Carry on

Apple

One question:

Do you smoke crack?

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT???" [Re: DonVitoCorleone] #353097
12/30/06 12:19 PM
12/30/06 12:19 PM
Cincinnati, Oh
Don Alessandrio Offline
Capo
Don Alessandrio  Offline
Capo
Cincinnati, Oh
While I am not a big Bush (try not to think naughty) supporter, the world is a better place without Saddam. Only if we (America) had enough willing people, and resources there are still a few bad people I wish we could hang the same way.

Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning huh? Fuck you, pay me.
Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: AppleOnYa] #353139
12/30/06 12:59 PM
12/30/06 12:59 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa

Carry on

Apple

I have no opinion on Bush, good or bad. Had America not invaded and occupied Iraq, Saddam wouldn't have been hanged today. Iraqi public opinion was always divided due to Shia-Sunni conflict. It was utilized well against Saddam by America in justifying its role in Iraq. Whatever you tell me, I have my own doubts about the autonomy of the current Iraqi govt. As long as America has presence is in Iraq, where it had no business to start with, nothing that happens there is truly 'Iraqi' IMO. Why should American officials be anywhere in the picture in Saddam hanging? And also this trial has seen a lot of not-so-democratic things. Defense lawyers getting killed and a judge removed because he was favoring Saddam. That he got hanged so soon (as compared to many death sentences where they stretch the execution by many years, allowing umpteen reviews and mercy petitions) is surprising. Again I don't hate or love Bush. And also I really don't care about Saddam. He could have as well died earlier for his crimes. But to claim that Iraqi people unanimously decided to get Saddam executed for his crimes is false and laughable. To respond to the obligatory laughing smiley in your posts,

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: svsg] #354353
01/05/07 06:51 AM
01/05/07 06:51 AM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman

"Pain has no tendency, in its own right, to proliferate. When it is over, it is over, and the natural sequel is joy."
- C. S. Lewis

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh"
- George Bernard Shaw

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT???" [Re: mr. soprano] #354379
01/05/07 10:48 AM
01/05/07 10:48 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: mr. soprano
Was it worth it? Hell no. And I think that now, after Saddam has been held accountable for his role in the death of tens of thousands, I think Bush should be held accountable for the same.

Maybe to you it was not worth it. But perhaps to the thousands and thousands of Iraqi people and the Kurds whose families Saddam intentionally abused, tortured and murdered, it was worth it. Maybe to thsoe people who were afraid that Saddam would come back into power and continue with his atrocities against 100's of thousands of human lives. it was worth it.

It's almost laughable that you want to compare someone like George W. Bush to an evil scumbag like Saddam.

Originally Posted By: mr. soprano
The governments of Yemen and Libya made eleventh hour appeals that Saddam's life be spared.

I had to hold my stomach from laughing so hard when I read that statement! Yemen and Lybia? Was the Iraqi government supposed to respect a request by those terrorists? Are we supposed to hold their opinion in such high regard? Now if you said a country like Gret Britain, Australia, etc. made that kind of request, then it may have been something to consider.

Yeah, Saddam deserved another chance because he was such a great contributor to humanity.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: Don Zadjali] #354388
01/05/07 12:34 PM
01/05/07 12:34 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well

It is showing me some Arabic website, can't read it.

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: Don Cardi] #354493
01/05/07 04:08 PM
01/05/07 04:08 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

It's almost laughable that you want to compare someone like George W. Bush to an evil scumbag like Saddam.

Jesus fucking Christ, can we at least be semi-respectful? The man is fucking dead. I don't care what he did, it's ridiculously immature that since the execution, the right-winged sphere of the forum has made his name synonymous with "scumbag".

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #354501
01/05/07 04:27 PM
01/05/07 04:27 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Scumbags are not all that bad: LINK

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: svsg] #354504
01/05/07 04:34 PM
01/05/07 04:34 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: svsg
Scumbags are not all that bad: LINK

Yes, indeed. The scum bag is useful and has value. I therefore join the argument that the right wing elements refrain from calling Saddam a scumbag as it is an insult to all scum bags.

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: klydon1] #354510
01/05/07 04:50 PM
01/05/07 04:50 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
How can you possibly compare President Bush to Saddam Hussein? Does President Bush have vats of boiling oil in the basement of the White House? Does he rape and torture those he feels are inferior or who he claims are his enemies? Does he have our military dig mass graves for the bodies of those he's slaughtered?

I am no huge fan of President Bush, but comparing him to Saddam Hussein is patently absurd. Do I agree with this war? No. Do I agree with some of his policies? No, but you cannot possibly even mention the two in the same sentence, as a comparison.

And saying that the right wing has come out of the woodwork since Saddam's execution and delighted in calling him a scumbag, and that anyone should have respect for him because he's DEAD??? Isn't that the greatest hypocrisy of all? He was a murdering madman when he was alive and in power, and now he's a dead one. His death doesn't change what he was, or make him worthy of anyone's respect.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #354513
01/05/07 04:55 PM
01/05/07 04:55 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Jesus fucking Christ, can we at least be semi-respectful? The man is fucking dead. I don't care what he did, it's ridiculously immature that since the execution, the right-winged sphere of the forum has made his name synonymous with "scumbag".

The same is true of Jesus Christ. Shouldn't he be shown the same respect you're asking for Saddam?

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #354514
01/05/07 05:09 PM
01/05/07 05:09 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
can we at least be semi-respectful? The man is fucking dead. I don't care what he did, it's ridiculously immature that since the execution, the right-winged sphere of the forum has made his name synonymous with "scumbag".

That's two good long laughs that I've gotten out of two posts in this thread!!!!!

This is the most respect I think someone like Saddam will get, and truthfully these posts may be a bit too knd for a piece of shit like him :

Quote:
And yet I can't help but lament what a human life can come to. To have life, a possibility of life, the perpetual potential for thought and everything else which might constitute our perceptions of the universe, simply cut out like that, and remain no more. Good riddance indeed.

Quote:
What I saw from the video, was more than an execution. While I am opposed to capital punishment, I saw a people, long oppressed and brutalized by its own sadistic ruler, ridding itself (yes, violently) of its barbarous past.

Of course, the Iraqis face many challenges ahead, but they afforded Saddam a trial by his peers while war and terror threatened this process daily - a privilege he himself never extended.

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
In the content of death itself, I agree that it is pretty disturbing to see someone's life being taken and as Capo said, drop into nothingness. It is human nature to get a sick feeling to watch anyone die, be they good, bad or indifferent. Just looking at the pictures of Saddam being hanged and then laying there lifeless upset me. But that's because I value human life. It was not because it was Saddam.

The differnece though is that while over 5 years later I still remain sickened and disturbed from witnessing the deaths of thousands of people that were killed on 9/11, that I still remain upset at even the thought of soldiers being killed in battle, it only took me a little over 5 minutes to get over the death of someone like Saddam. One less heartless murdering bastard in the world now. No great loss.

Now if you really want to feel compassion for someone undeservingly being tortured and sentenced to death, I suggest that you watch "The Passion Of The Christ."

I'll save my tears for Christ, the Soldiers and the innocent Iraqis and Kurds who were victims of his ruthlessness. Fuck Saddam.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: Don Cardi] #354517
01/05/07 05:17 PM
01/05/07 05:17 PM
Underboss
Underboss
I think when someone neglects his responsibility to tend to his personal hygiene and stops shaving and taking care of his hair, and then goes around telling people he is the son of God, he sort of loses his credentials for respect.

I mean, I know plenty of people who do the same thing. They currently reside on the Uptown to the Bronx.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 01/05/07 05:18 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: svsg] #354518
01/05/07 05:19 PM
01/05/07 05:19 PM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman
Originally Posted By: svsg

It is showing me some Arabic website, can't read it.

it's a link to a picture...

here it is:

"Pain has no tendency, in its own right, to proliferate. When it is over, it is over, and the natural sequel is joy."
- C. S. Lewis

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh"
- George Bernard Shaw

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #354520
01/05/07 05:20 PM
01/05/07 05:20 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Hitler's dead too.

I still think he's an asshole.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: Don Zadjali] #354522
01/05/07 05:24 PM
01/05/07 05:24 PM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman
Saddam is dead now...

Who's next on Bush's list?

- C. S. Lewis

- George Bernard Shaw

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #354526
01/05/07 05:38 PM
01/05/07 05:38 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I think when someone neglects his responsibility to tend to his personal hygiene and stops shaving and taking care of his hair, and then goes around telling people he is the son of God, he sort of loses his credentials for respect.

I mean, I know plenty of people who do the same thing. They currently reside on the Uptown to the Bronx.

Okay. Let me get this straight. Jesus deserves no respect, but you argue that we all should show some respect for Saddam.

Sounds like you're spending a little too much time with your pals on the Uptown.

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: klydon1] #354527
01/05/07 05:40 PM
01/05/07 05:40 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Well, even though Saddam is guilty of ethnic cleansing, according to LLC, Jesus had poor hygiene. What can you expect??

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #354528
01/05/07 05:41 PM
01/05/07 05:41 PM
Underboss
Underboss
That's not all. I hear he was a bit loose too.

Now if you don't mind me, I'm going to go set up some candles, drink pigs-blood, and listen to "Stairway to Heaven" backwards. Care to join?

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 01/05/07 05:42 PM.

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #354533
01/05/07 05:57 PM
01/05/07 05:57 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania

Now if you don't mind me, I'm going to go set up some candles, drink pigs-blood, and listen to "Stairway to Heaven" backwards. Care to join?

Why not.

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: klydon1] #354546
01/05/07 06:04 PM
01/05/07 06:04 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Nice. Be at my place at 7... Tis the hour of the devil. And they air reruns of Fraiser at 8. Oh, and bring a virgin to sacrifice.

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #354565
01/05/07 07:04 PM
01/05/07 07:04 PM
Underboss
Underboss

LMAO

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #354605
01/05/07 08:21 PM
01/05/07 08:21 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

But a man who goes around gasing thousands of people, raping hundreds of woman, torturing thousands of people, burying thousands of children, and killing thousands and thousands of people deserves respect in your eyes, but a person who neglects his personal hygene (don't know where you got that one from, but I'll respond to it just to make a point) doesn't?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: Don Zadjali] #354609
01/05/07 08:24 PM
01/05/07 08:24 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Don Zadjali
Saddam is dead now...

The Sultinate of Oman, I think.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #354613
01/05/07 08:29 PM
01/05/07 08:29 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

long_lost_corleone, I think that it's time for you to show a little respect to people who happen to believe in Christianity. You're getting a little carried away now and it's really disrespectful to some people when you make disgusting remarks like that about the God that they worship and believe in. Show a little bit of class.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Someone should ask Bush, "WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? [Re: Don Zadjali] #354617
01/05/07 08:33 PM
01/05/07 08:33 PM
Ottawa
The Mob Offline
Made Member
The Mob  Offline
Made Member
Ottawa
Originally Posted By: Don Zadjali
Saddam is dead now...

Himself....someone should seriously hang him too.

Nice to see there are other Arabs around here. (I'm Egyptian)

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."-Michael Corleone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull